The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Freddie Kissoon Grades Granger

Runs 2017-07-09 16:25:45 

Was't this comic all over on election night bellowing his lungs out. lol

Grading President Granger’s performance
Jul 09, 2017 Features / Columnists, Freddie Kissoon 0 Comments

On Thursday afternoon, I was a guest of Stan Gouveia’s radio programme, “The Hot Seat” on 94.1FM. The first question was grading the President. Actually Stan didn’t ask me to give the President a mark. He informed me that President Granger awarded an ‘A’ grade to his Cabinet, and then he asked for my reaction. I prefaced my fail grade for Mr. Granger by the following explanation which I will repeat here.
I told Stan I respect my education which was earned from hard work and based on my love for education, I cannot honestly cast it aside by being dishonest on my analysis of Mr. Granger in office. I gave Mr. Granger an ‘F’ grade, and that came out of dispassionate assessment of his two-year stewardship of the country. I don’t know if Mr. Granger will be irked about what was said on ‘The Hot Seat’ or is written here. Mr. Granger makes decisions; my task is to put my interpretations on those decisions for my readers. Many of those decisions were plainly wrong, many not commensurate with democratic culture.
It has not been an effective two years for Mr. Granger. He has not demonstrated the leadership qualities that this country needs in the post-Jagdeo period. I see nothing on the landscape, except his financial rectitude, to convince me that transformational changes are on the horizon. I chose carefully to make a distinction between financial rectitude and personal integrity. While I am not going to comment extensively on Mr. Granger’s personal integrity, I think it is not epistemologically and psychologically possible to separate personal integrity from opportunistic politics.
Link Text

Headley 2017-07-09 17:41:06 

In reply to Runs

Check the link.

Narper 2017-07-09 23:00:01 

link

Police behaviour, medical delivery, electricity delivery (it is worse than under the PPP where I live), crime situation, bureaucratic competence, state services, Georgetown City Council, UG, the educational system, the economy, judicial functionalism, infrastructural system (traffic signals are more erratic than under the PPP), general fear of the population, youth problems, minority rights, constitutional changes (look what the President did to the constitution with his GECOM chairman explanation) have hardly been positively transformed.

Headley 2017-07-10 09:07:28 

In reply to Runs

Interesting report. Suggests Granger is a slow learner which is what folks expected from a man new to government and not blessed with any particular technical skills. Fortunately he seems to have no desire to enrich himself from state funds.

Strange that Kissoon did not find the difference in reported corruption (comparing the previous and present regimes) worth mentioning. The real issue across the Caribbean which Kissoon also failed to mention is the high level of debt and lack of investment that the senior citizens are leaving for the young people to shoulder.

steveo 2017-07-10 09:18:07 

In reply to Headley

Fortunately he seems to have no desire to enrich himself from state funds.

Let me just point out that he doubled the salaries of his govt days within office.

I am not mudslinging but, this same current govt made a massive brouhaha over Jagdeos presidential pension, how they were stealing from the govts coffers etc ect

Now that he is the president and along with Nagamotoo are the next beneficiaries, the issue has been swept quietly under the rug.

There are more issues that dont smell right (like writing off billions in owed tax by a beverage company), however I dont have the time or the energy to go thru them all now

Runs 2017-07-10 10:34:02 

They are borrowing heavily and filling positions with ex army personnel.

cricketmygame 2017-07-10 10:53:04 

In reply to Runs

Freddie CALLS IT AS HE SEES IT

Runs 2017-07-10 11:12:50 

In reply to cricketmygame

He was campaigning heavily for this same government. Forked tongue?

Narper 2017-07-10 11:21:33 

Why Souljaj Bai vex with Freedie?...according to Freddie...that he Freddie merely retold a story told by
Trotman that Saouljah Bai had created a position in government for his son-in-law

Narper 2017-07-12 13:02:23 

One year into this new government, crimes of an uncivilized nature became rampant. Some may argue that you did have bestial crimes long before the new administration took over, but I would argue that we never expected with a new environment such horrible manifestations of criminality, of which I think three need to be mentioned.

In Berbice, robbers tied up a mother and son and torched their home; the son freed himself, the mother was burnt to death.

On the West Coast of Demerara, a married couple in their seventies locked themselves in their bedroom when burglars descended on the home. The bandits burned the house down with them inside.

In Berbice, robbers chopped a seventy year old man and his wife to death, while enjoying themselves to drinks and food.

Freddie again

Cardiac 2017-07-13 22:35:55 

In reply to Runs

Freddie calls it as her sees it as someone else said. No blind loyalty to any party.

Runs 2017-07-14 06:43:58 

In reply to Cardiac

Nope, I do not buy that, he was campaigning for this govt apparently he was shunned. cool

Narper 2017-07-14 14:02:04 

President Granger isn’t going to do this, because I don’t think he has the leadership qualities that could influence him to show such type of political finesse.

From Granger through to Nagamootoo, right down to the junior ministers, this country is on autopilot control without a skilled captain flying the plane.

Freddie again

Narper 2017-07-14 14:13:59 

In reply to Runs

apparently he was shunned

apparently?????

Freddie himself admitted many times that he is shunned....his wifey and daughter are also shunned.....not even a 'lie lie' job offer...

I believe Freddie now get de message that he looks like Kohli and therefore he is Kohli....and he can't change that...

Freddie publicly declared many times that he was ashamed to be Kohli

for all his campaigning and love he showered on Souljah Bai....and the hate spewed on everyone associated with PPP.....including voters.....recently there was a PNC demonstration in front of Kaiteur news where Freddie and his boss were cussed about dem Kohli dis and dem Kohli dat...

Why was Freddie shocked?

Runs 2017-07-14 14:28:10 

In reply to Narper

lol

cricketmygame 2017-07-14 15:01:49 

In reply to Runs

despite the results of the current gvt the old gvt needed change

runout 2017-07-14 21:49:33 

Fellas, Freddie is delusional. He cannot help himself in assailing the previous government. Somehow someone needs to remind him that there has been a change in government. There has been China gate. Drug bond gate. Parking meter gate. The mega salaries. The mega rent scheme. The Durban park debacle. Rampant crime. Black out sessions are a regularity. Smash and burn prisoners. Widespread flooding. Failure in agriculture. Persistent Bribery and corruption. And no one is held accountable. Freddie is now waking up to the new realities of life in the new regime.
Glen Lall needs a dose of reality. He still thinks that Jagdeo is in power.
And Clive Thomas said the previous administration stole 300 billion dollars per year. Can Clive show us the 600 billion for the two years the new government is in power?
The government has spent hundreds of millions on forensic audits all to no avail.

Something is really wrong folks. If the theft and corruption was as widespread as they would like you to believe then why is it so difficult to unearth????

The AFC is in disarray. Nuff said.

Runs 2017-07-14 22:28:04 

In reply to cricketmygame

Undoubtedly, but not these guys cool

Darkness 2017-07-14 23:25:05 

In reply to runout
-don't forget at least double the amount of ministers
-most new hires and heads of various departments are predominantly of one race to the tune of at least 80% and in many cases over 90%. Same for scholarships and training.
-inexperienced former military men placed in very important non military positions in and out of the government
-the constant rejection, for no valid reason, of the GECOM list provided by the opposition

The previous administration I am sure had racist elements but they at least tried to create the correct optics by reflecting the population in most of the time.

The current government comes across as arrogant, insensitive and perhaps racist.

Narper 2017-07-15 17:40:03 

In reply to Runs

Next election there will be serious bloodshed to control the oil money

And...I expect Canada to restart taking refugees from Mudland

BeatDball 2017-07-15 18:17:22 

In reply to Narper Hehehehe...u N I are on the same page sah? Worse, if these two parties can't be bipartisan N be less fractious!

sad cry

Runs 2017-07-15 22:35:05 

In reply to BeatDball

Bipartisan lol you gat jokes bro
razz

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-07-15 23:35:45 

In reply to Runs

that man gets sh(T) thrown on his head.

Remember the PPP local authority clean the trench and skip the section in front of his house..... big grin big grin

A tough customer that.

Narper 2017-07-28 18:41:46 

A young agronomist invaded a local bank a few weeks ago with his gang to rob it and was killed by security personnel. The details of his life revealed that he was earning $180,000 monthly. When the Council of the University of Guyana terminated my contract in January 2016, I was earning $182,000 after twenty-six consecutive years with no break.
For the three universities I attended with 26 years of service I earned two thousand dollars more than this young man. I think if he went on to achieve 26 years of service, he certainly would have ended up earning more than $400,000

Blackouts at Turkeyen where I live have become more consistent than when the PPP ruled Guyana. Blackouts come daily at Turkeyen and it is tormenting me. I am a daily columnist. I cannot work in such uncivilized conditions. I am in my mid sixties. I fought for my country’s freedom. I need to live peacefully at my age without this torment.

Can I please have an invitation to address the diaspora conference to describe for them how many of us who are highly educated but we stayed and lived in Guyana under terrible conditions? My landline is 222-1615, 222-1616 and my mobile is 614-5927. My email is fredkissoon@yahoo.com. My address is Lot 47, Area Q, Turkeyen. Please call early so I can have time to research my stuff. I don’t need anything to eat. I will bring my own bottle of water.

Freddie my bwoy...you made your choice...live with it............eff patriotism....YOU WERE SCARED TO COMPETE IN THE REAL WORLD....YOU WANTED TO BE A BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND....but it didn't work out for you....Freddie nah cry....KARMA in yuh skunt

Runs 2017-07-28 18:57:17 

Rodney COI doc out it lambasts all lol