The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: T&T PM Rowley worried over prospect of WI relegation

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-07-11 06:39:40 

PRIME MINISTER Dr Keith Rowley has warned that West Indies could face relegation from the top tier of international cricket if the regional game continues in its current state of crisis.

Laying the current demise at the feet of Cricket West Indies, Rowley said nothing proactive was being done to salvage the situation but rather, administrators were simply hoping for a “miracle” in order to turn things around.

“My perspective is that West Indies cricket is in dire trouble, in crisis, and if we are not careful, something is likely to happen in the not too distant future even though it is not being spoken about now,” Rowley told I-Sports radio programme at the weekend.

I don’t know that the ICC (International Cricket Council) will continue to put this sub-standard West Indies team to play against the top five or six teams going forward into many more years.

Full Story

Slipfeeler 2017-07-11 09:02:16 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

The dire warning and potential consequences have been laid out to CWI several times but still an unwillingness to change policies, nothing else can be said but await relegation. Why is intervention so difficult for CWI, when it should have been a no-Brainer for any other corporate administrators?

Narper 2017-07-11 09:11:58 

Why don't YOU do something radical about it Growley?

And start with the TTCB.....it is the regional boards who have empowered the CWI and Cameron.

POINT 2017-07-11 09:41:45 

In reply to Narper

I agree with what You have stated , it is very Insightful .

sgtdjones 2017-07-11 09:42:29 

In reply to Narper

Growley is all talk

He can't manage a Government but yapping about cricket.T&TCB is a big problem , dem is in court.

Whey problemjay?

THREE of the country’s major labour federations are threatening a hurricane of a protest on August 4th against bad governance and the retrenchment of workers. “Bret is joke, we will take this country by storm. Its time to shake up this blasted place and let those who took the job to govern, govern properly.

They are not doing that,” said Ancel Roget, President General of the Joint Trade Union Movement (JTUM) yesterday during a news conference at The Dial in Arima.

Tryangle 2017-07-11 09:52:20 

When the Test Tier 1 and Tier 2 is finalized, wonder if that would lead to Tier 2 teams getting a smaller slice of the economic pie as well? I imagine the answer would be yes.

POINT 2017-07-11 09:53:58 

In reply to Tryangle

Perhaps then the Big Idiots will finally wake up , however I aint about to hold my Breath .

There are in the Region some Pigheaded
Prime Ministers , perhaps One day they
may see the Light , but then That maybe wishful Thinking on my Part .

As I have stated recently in this Forum , the fact is that History will
never be kind to these Prime Ministers who bluntly refuse to understand that Cricket & the governance of Cricket is a Regional
Problem .

The fact that some Countries are being enriched , does not mean that
the Standard of Cricket in the Region
is going to improve .

The stark fact is that the WICBC/CWI
has for years commissioned several Reports , and on receiving those Reports has Swiftly dismissed those
Reports without implementing the salient Features of those Reports .

Unfortunately some Prime Ministers in the Region have continuously failed to acknowledge this Freaking Fact . THEY prefer instead to throw their lot in with the Great Dictator & his willing Minions .I guess that's Life .

One thing I know for sure , there will be less people in the Region going through the Turnstiles , and the Revenues of the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth will be dwindling .

But as they say:

" WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR BED YOU

HAVE TO LIE IN IT " .

tc1 2017-07-11 10:32:22 

In reply to Slipfeeler

speak to Jamaican Dave directly since you are his homie

Slipfeeler 2017-07-11 10:59:36 

In reply to tc1

Man unconcerned about his countrymen as exemplified by the solitary token pick on test team.

imusic 2017-07-11 12:54:08 

In reply to Slipfeeler

He only concerned bout himself and if it takes appeasing others to keep himself in power, then that's what he'll do

Slipfeeler 2017-07-11 14:00:08 

In reply to imusic

Sold out his countrymen for ultimate CWI power!
big grin big grin

dayne 2017-07-11 20:10:29 

It shows how ineffective the Caricom Administration is, that they cannot come up a plan to have a greater say in the running of Caribbean cricket

POINT 2017-07-11 20:33:51 

In reply to dayne

APPARENTLY YOU & POSSIBLY OTHERS ARE

UNAWARE OF THE FACT THAT THE LAST

STRUCTURAL COMMITTEE WAS COMMISSIONED

BY BOTH THE REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS &

THE WICBC/CWI .

THE WICBC DID NOT ACCEPT THAT REPORT

BECAUSE ITS MEMBERS DISAGREED WITH

WHAT THE REPORT STATED .

Their disgust was due to the Report stating that the WICBC must be removed from the governance of Cricket in the Region .

This greatly upset Emperor Cameron ,
he then apparently decided to entice
PM. Gaston Browne to join with him in
thwarting the removal of the WICBC/ CWI from the governance of Cricket in
the Region .

As I have stated in this Forum , I have absolutely no doubt that History
aint going to be kind to either Browne or Cameron .