The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Bravo, Cameron mend fences

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-07-13 06:07:44 

THERE SEEMS to be a mending of the fences between ace Trinidad and Tobago and West Indies batsman Darren Bravo and president of Cricket West Indies (CWI) Dave Cameron, over a controversial post on Bravo’s Twitter page against the CWI head.

In November, Bravo was sent home ahead of a One Day International tri-series, involving hosts Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka, following a tweet on his account which referred to Cameron as a “big idiot”.

And Bravo’s post was a response to Cameron who, on an edition of the Sportsmax Zone, said that the 28-year-old had been offered a Grade C contract due to his inconsistent returns with the bat.

The CWI immediately quashed Bravo’s contract and virtually sidelined him from First Class cricket under their auspices, while Bravo initiated legal action against the CWI, claiming damages over lost of earnings allegedly in the region of US$120,000.

During yesterday’s edition of the Sportsmax Zone, however, Bravo’s attorney Leslie Haynes confirmed that the tweet was removed and a subsequent apology was issued by Bravo, while Cameron is expected to issue a media release today in which he will atone for his ill-advised comment.

read more at Trinidad Newsday

Full Story

CITYBOY 2017-07-13 07:11:48 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Sorry,,CWI you may regret this move.....but good luck to both parties..the dressing room will not be the same..and does not auger well for the future.
Adios
CB

Slipfeeler 2017-07-13 08:35:13 

Commonsense seems to be finally prevailing!

Cameron 2017-07-13 10:39:00 

In reply to CITYBOY

Please explain. What would you have suggested? No resolution?

SirGarny 2017-07-13 10:42:25 

In reply to Slipfeeler

We need boots for this bulls*%t!

Common sense? WHAT!

Imagine....the sitting president of the CWI publicly offends a player...a senior player no less...and then in turns demands an apology for the player's equally offensive response!!

I can't agree with you here my brother! This was ALL on Cameron!

evil

Slipfeeler 2017-07-13 11:07:58 

In reply to SirGarny

Everything you said my brother is true but its time to move on as WI cricket should be stronger and more relevant than any single individual. Cannot destroy one of the only remaining semblance of our Caribbean spirit by adhering to the dictates of a few or unwillingness to forgive and move on.

anandgb 2017-07-13 11:10:55 

Good job done. Now Bravo tie up your boots and go practice practice.

ellisstreet 2017-07-13 11:22:03 

West Indies cricket won!

SirGarny 2017-07-13 11:56:32 

In reply to Slipfeeler

As a fellow Jamaican I'm disgusted with Cameron!

I like the fact that a greater pool of players have retainer contracts (even though I think that was more Wavell Hinds doing than Cameron)

But the Bravo impasse is another example of piss-poor management and an unwillingness to adjust to the times.

Why is it every other test playing nation can skillfully come to terms and broker deals between management, players, T20 interests, national & regional requirements....

but this backwards, colonially-minded group of HNIC's can't maintain basic relationships between board and players
evil evil

CITYBOY 2017-07-13 12:00:20 

In reply to Cameron

Young Bravo is not the answer to West Indies woes...his readmission will create more turmoil...
Was the boss of CWI without fault(absolutely not...but he is the boss...period..and if you diss him then you must pay the penalty.
I do understand this is not the corporate world but there is a structure in place and one needs to respect that...as I said (and this is my opinion..and if I am proven wrong,so be it)..he should had never been reconsidered......thats water under the bridge now...and good luck to both parties and hopefully it works out.

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 12:59:05 

In reply to CITYBOY

No one has said lil B is the answer to CWI's problems.

Did CWI bring Lil B before its disciplinary committee?

Did Pybus and Cameron decide to suspend lil B ?

Are they on such a committee?

Who suspended lil B ?

Pybus left leaving Cameron under the bus.

Compensation coming soon fer lil B.

CWI made rules and didn't follow them.

evil

SirGarny 2017-07-13 13:10:28 

In reply to CITYBOY

Young Bravo is not the answer to West Indies woes

Windies woes much bigger than Bravo

his readmission will create more turmoil

for the selectors..certainly.... considering that Bravo can walk into any Current West Indies team ..test and 1-days

which of the "promising young stars" will have to sit?

SirGarny 2017-07-13 13:23:54 

In reply to CITYBOY

Was the boss of CWI without fault(absolutely not...but he is the boss...period..and if you diss him then you must pay the penalty.

During yesterday’s edition of the Sportsmax Zone, however, Bravo’s attorney Leslie Haynes confirmed that the tweet was removed and a subsequent apology was issued by Bravo, while Cameron is expected to issue a media release today in which he will atone for his ill-advised comment.

Imagine that! See more below...

Haynes, a Queen’s Counsel, declined to reveal Bravo’s statement to Cameron..

“But what I can (say) is that Darren has apologised to the president for his inappropriate response, he’s apologised to all Windies cricket fans and, in retrospect, he says the statement was inappropriate.” The Queen’s Counsel added, “we have made Darren’s return to cricket a priority, and (CWI) has agreed to that. While there are other issues to be dealt with, we hope to deal with them in an amicable manner.” Asked about the factor/factors behind Bravo’s latest move, Haynes replied, “At the end of the day, common sense on all sides prevailed.” Admitting that the CWI produced a statement yesterday over the matter, Haynes related, “Essentially (Cameron) says he made an incorrect statement for which he apologises, and Darren apologises as well. Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

Was Cameron sanctioned in any way? Any loss of wages? The answer to both questions is a resounding NO!

Knowing full well that he's the cause of the entire affair, Cameron, by default, suspends an offended player until the OFFENDED PLAYER APOLOGISES TO HIM!

Cameron suffers nothing during the process..other than more humiliation (if that's possible) to an organization already the laughing stock of the cricket world!

Drapsey 2017-07-13 13:33:15 

In reply to anandgb

Good job done. Now Bravo tie up your boots and go practice practice.

The BIG IDIOT better hope and pray that Bravo's revived career is at least as successful as was prior to the hiatus. If not, he'll have to absorb all blame for wrecking Bravo's career.

Cameron 2017-07-13 13:37:32 

In reply to CITYBOY

So by your logic, you destroy a promising player's career for one tweet, using an approach that broke all the established disciplinary processes? You say there is a structure. Was the structure followed? The player suffers while the administrator, who should know better, continues to draw his fat salary. And that is justice? No one says that Bravo is the answer to Windies woes. But destroying the career of your best batsman-- by any measure -- makes it even worse, not better.

jacksparrow 2017-07-13 13:39:11 

This is good news.Finally some positive moves this year from the administration and selectors.Does not mean we gonna beat up anyone consistently just yet but it was either this or playing in the 2nd tier.Glad to see some of the big names with the youth combining for winning combinations. LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME GREAT MATCHES FROM OUR BOYS!

SirGarny 2017-07-13 13:39:59 

In reply to Cameron

Well stated...(sorry the protagonist has the same surname as you)...he can certainly benefit from your reasoning!

tc1 2017-07-13 13:55:58 

In reply to jacksparrow

u have a short memory, the stars took up to 8th ranking

CITYBOY 2017-07-13 15:31:56 

In reply to Cameron

Bravo has controlled his own downfall....no one helped..
he walked away three times from West Indies cricket for real,imagined or supposedly vindictive reasons.
Anyway as I said "good luck to both parties".

Adios
CB

imusic 2017-07-13 15:42:28 

In reply to tc1

u have a short memory, the stars took up to 8th ranking

And the bajans have us in 2nd tier, losing to Afghanistan, and not qualifying for ICC Champions trophy

Conclusion.....bajans wusserer than the "stars" cool

carl0002 2017-07-13 15:44:26 

In reply to Cameron
Listen, I dont understand. Bravo was given a way to return to WI cricket long ago. The same thing that he ended up doing today, was provided as a solution long long aga. As part of that solution Cameron was also supposed to issue a statement which is the same thing Cameron did today. Bravo for whatever reason chose to pursue legal action.

So it seems Bravo more culpable in destroying his own career (to use your words) because the same action he took today was available as a solution long ago. Can you really claim damages and blame others for your demise when the action you took today to return to WI cricket was offered and available to you months ago?

rubberd 2017-07-13 15:55:06 

In reply to carl0002

It is simple, if CWI stopped Bravo from playing CPL then they would have to pay him for that too.
It is that simple. This was a decision arrived at after involving 2 presidents of TTCB and a past president of WICB and one of the best legal brains from the CCJ.

Simple, as Mr. Haynes said you cannot punish a man more than once for the same offence.

Ridge 2017-07-13 15:55:34 

Imagine it took six months for a man to say sorry.
Pride is a bad thing.

Star 2017-07-13 15:59:27 

In reply to Cameron
Mr.Cameron, I think you made the correct decision.

It is a decision for the betterment of West Indies cricket in the long run and I honestly believe you will earn the respect of all the players.

Star 2017-07-13 16:08:20 

A GOOD DAY FOR WEST INDIES CRICKET.

I applaud Mr.Jimmy Adams for the common sense approach to solving some of the problems with West Indies Cricket.

I also applaud Dave Cameron for applying rational thought, logic and common sense to the decision making process.

imusic 2017-07-13 16:08:28 

In reply to Star

I honestly believe you will earn the respect of all the players.

How?

carl0002 2017-07-13 16:11:57 

In reply to rubberd
Honestly though rubberd me a really try to see the brilliancy behind that argument why you heralding the great legal mind. Is it you....

lol lol

XDFIX 2017-07-13 16:21:14 

A thought Bravo didn't tweet or knew who tweeted the tweet, so why the hell is he apologizing?

SirGarny 2017-07-13 16:36:10 

In reply to carl0002

So it seems Bravo more culpable in destroying his own career (to use your words) because the same action he took today was available as a solution long ago. Can you really claim damages and blame others for your demise when the action you took today to return to WI cricket was offered and available to you months ago?

Part of the agreement included the apology of Mr. Cameron. Was that available months ago? I think not!

see here....

“But what I can (say) is that Darren has apologised to the president for his inappropriate response, he’s apologised to all Windies cricket fans and, in retrospect, he says the statement was inappropriate.” The Queen’s Counsel added, “we have made Darren’s return to cricket a priority, and (CWI) has agreed to that. While there are other issues to be dealt with, we hope to deal with them in an amicable manner.” Asked about the factor/factors behind Bravo’s latest move, Haynes replied, “At the end of the day, common sense on all sides prevailed.” Admitting that the CWI produced a statement yesterday over the matter, Haynes related, “Essentially (Cameron) says he made an incorrect statement for which he apologises, and Darren apologises as well. Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

Apology from Cameron came YESTERDAY...not months ago..

I personally believe that CWI came to the conclusion that they will be on the losing end of a lawsuit and denying Bravo CPL $$ would have only cost them even more! Looks like the CWI blinked first!
wink sad

DIEHARD 2017-07-13 18:17:47 

In reply to CITYBOY

You're an ignorant..jackass.

With absolutely zero idea of what is fair and right.

I bet nobody has ever accused you of being objective and impartial

DIEHARD 2017-07-13 18:22:59 

In reply to Cameron

Y'all lucky u wasting any words on that CITYBOY..its obvious what he's about.

I dont waste anymore time explaining right & wrong to people on here, if they want to carry on defending forkery..i only let them know what them is and keep it moving, I realise they do not ever want to see things any other way.

De man seh..Cameron is the BOSS lol lol lol

Mi bombo..i never wake up outta my bed fi watch Cameron pon TV....I never buy a ticket fi go watch him at Sabina..i never pay a subscription to watch Cameron run off him big ugly forking mouth.

Cameron never earn a dollar or do anything for the benefit of WI cricket..fork him, and all who support his dumb ass

Baje 2017-07-13 20:11:35 

In reply to SirGarny
I think that an agreement was reached a few months ago. Then Bravos lawyers backpedaled. Anyway, glad to see that the situation is resolved.

Norm 2017-07-13 20:52:06 

In reply to CITYBOY

the dressing room will not be the same

Is that the important thing these days?

WestDem 2017-07-13 21:02:16 

Ah hope allyuh like my new handle... same results always... gaan again! lol lol lol lol lol lol

Norm 2017-07-13 21:05:27 

In reply to WestDem

Alright. Just don't become paggily, man! smile

WestDem 2017-07-13 21:09:48 

In reply to Norm

JK bro, I hate that much Caps! lol lol I am still me!

POINT 2017-07-13 21:42:40 

In reply to Star

The fact that You applaud the Big Dictator who instigated this matter .by incorrectly stating Publicly , the
level of Contract Bravo had Publicly .

It is not surprising to me ,that there are many People in this Forum who salivate over the fact that Bravo Apologised .

In this Forum very few cited the fact
that :

THE BIG DICATOR ALSO INTENDS TO

APOLOGISE FOR INCORRECTLY STATING

PUBLICLY THE LEVEL OF CONTRACT BRAVO

HAD .

My take is that in his all consuming
Arrogance , the Big Dictator mistakenly believed that his not knowing what level Contract Bravo had
was of little consequence to him .

However it very much mattered to Bravo , who in a fit of anger called
the Big Dictator " A Big Idiot " in one of his Tweets .

That infuriated the Big Idiot , to the extent where He ordered Bravo to return to the Region . In spite of the fact that the Worst International
Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC ; has a Disciplinary
Committee .

So in essence Bravo was not accorded
DUE PROCESS . But that was not all
Bravo was banned from being on the
West Indies Team .

It seems therefore that the Big Dictator & his Minions , apart from
not affording Bravo DUE PROCESS , decided to punish Bravo at least Twice for the same offense .

It really was funny when the Big Dictator went to a Radio Station ,
stated that a certain Journalists must not be seated near to him and must also not ask him questions .

Yet The Yahoos in this Forum are swooning over the fact that Bravo had
to Apologise , yet they Gloss over
the behaviour of The Big Dictator .

It would be interesting if the General Public would be informed regarding the Terms of the Settlement in this matter . But I suspect that the WICBC/CWI will ask that there must be a clause ; stating that
part of the Settlement would remain
secret .

CITYBOY 2017-07-13 22:11:15 

In reply to DIEHARD

Is that the way you try to get a view point across?
Respect given is respect returned...stay civil...float above the rest...you may even like the respect you earn..
Adios
CB

tc1 2017-07-13 22:24:30 

In reply to imusic

The stars took us to 8 places down, the bajans took us 1 place, we were 2nd tier before the bajans took over.

carl0002 2017-07-14 10:13:13 

In reply to SirGarny
My understanding was that Cameron was willing to admit his mistakes and apologize but Bravo needed to take down the tweet and apologize too but Bravo instead initiated legal proceedings.

I wont even attempt to speculate who would win what in a legal case.

Star 2017-07-14 12:58:57 

In reply to imusic
Simple - respect is a two way street.

DIEHARD 2017-07-14 15:50:03 

In reply to CITYBOY

Not interested in debating with anybody who supports Cameron's behaviour, you guys are immune to logic.

I've tried many times on here before, and the basic, fundamental principles, of fairness and giving a pro athlete the respect due to them as the earners of the revenue that is then used to pay these administrators is lost on you people.

As demonstrated by YOUR post, hailing Cameron as the BOSS, who is too mighty and powerful to engage his workers.

I do no not need or want the respect of your kind, as you do not give it where it is due anyway.

You have a good day sir

POINT 2017-07-14 16:38:44 

In reply to SirGarny

I am happy to see that YOU unlike others understand not only what happened , but more importantly the sequences of what transpired .

Don't be bamboozled by Cameron's Sycophants in this Forum , they believe that Cameron is omnipotent ;
never mind the fact Cameron is the
Person who wittingly or unwittingly
Spawned this matter .

Worse yet Bravo was not accorded DUE
PROCESS ; despite the fact that the WICBC/ CWI has a Disciplinary Committee , which should have dealt with this matter .

Then it seems that Bravo has been
punished at least Twice for the same freaking Offense . I am reminded of
this adage :

" FOOLS RUSH IN WHERE

ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD " .

CITYBOY 2017-07-14 17:48:06 

In reply to DIEHARD

Not interested in debating with anybody who supports Cameron's behaviour, you guys are immune to logic.

I've tried many times on here before, and the basic, fundamental principles, of fairness and giving a pro athlete the respect due to them as the earners of the revenue that is then used to pay these administrators is lost on you people.

As demonstrated by YOUR post, hailing Cameron as the BOSS, who is too mighty and powerful to engage his workers.

I do no not need or want the respect of your kind, as you do not give it where it is due anyway.

You have a good day sir

...and you sir as well.....

WestDem 2017-07-14 19:01:43 

In reply to CITYBOY

What's so bad about Cameron's behavior? Lil Bravo lied only recently!

Kay 2017-07-14 19:22:07 

In reply to CITYBOY

I've tried many times on here before,

So what was your old handle?

Star 2017-07-14 22:04:47 

In reply to Kay
Many times before = 4 times.

CITYBOY busted by Detective Kay.

tc1 2017-07-14 23:29:38 

In reply to Kay

Citycowboy is not a newbie, newbies are more contrite

POINT 2017-07-14 23:57:20 

In reply to SirGarny

With all due Respect Cameron fingerprints are on the fact that Regional Players are getting paid .

Make absolutely no mistake that was done to dilute the power that the International Players had in WIPA .
currently the International Players
have little or no Clout , since they are outnumbered .

This was a slick move by Cameron &
Hinds , at the time in this very Forum I stated that the International
Players needed to to seek collective
Legal Representation , had they done that Bravo would not have been left twisting in the Wind .

Interestingly , more Players are getting paid , but Teams we regularly
used to beat are now beating us . But
this does no worry the Power Hungry People bin the WICBC / CWI .

They are only concerned with being in Power nothing else matters to them , not even if WE are relegated to tier 2 . Obviously when the seasoned Players are discarded ,those who replace them are paid less so that
the overall cost is substantially reduced .

CITYBOY 2017-07-15 07:25:37 

In reply to Star
Hola..I screwed up..the comments were Diehard"s..I tried to cut and paste but Cityboy messed it up...my initial post ...sorry ..rered thread.
ADIOS CB

CITYBOY 2017-07-15 07:27:17 

In reply to tc1
Hola...you are right...was away for in the interior for many many years,,,back to the city now,,
see my previous post to STar.
Adios
CB

CITYBOY 2017-07-15 07:31:05 

In reply to WestDem
Hola...I messed up..those comments were Diehard"s...
back from the interior with lots of gold...
you will figure out who CB is...and my pocket full of gold and diamonds now,
Adios
CB

CITYBOY 2017-07-15 07:33:56 

In reply to Kay
Hola ..see replies to Kay/Star /TCi and West Dem..

CB flashing and dazzling.

Adios CB