The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Must the directors of CWI come from regional...

Courtesy 2017-07-13 08:13:34 

...associations? Can't those directors be appointed by the Ministries of Sports in the various islands with some input from the local assciations?

Is Dave Cameron a member of the JCA?

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-07-13 08:25:52 

In reply to Courtesy

Apparently the president/chairman can be nominated from outside.

Drapsey 2017-07-13 08:26:05 

smile

"A" for effort, but I still believe in the adage, "If you can't beat them, joint them".

POINT 2017-07-13 08:32:58 

In reply to Drapsey

That kind of thinking is utter stupidity in my opinion , I cannot and will never support such a Statement .

Drapsey 2017-07-13 08:37:43 

In reply to POINT

Wonder what you're going to do when the BIG IDIOT wins an unprecedented 4th term as President of the WICB/CWI.

Don't tell me, I know. You'll say it's only a 2nd term because CWI is a new organization.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-07-13 08:42:09 

In reply to Drapsey

HE WILL POST MORE LONGER TREATISE big grin

Courtesy 2017-07-13 08:43:45 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

The head honcho can be "nominated from outside", wha wrong with the cooks following a similar route?

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-07-13 08:49:27 

In reply to Courtesy

Would that stop another Cameron from emerging?

Courtesy 2017-07-13 08:52:38 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Would that stop another Cameron from emerging?

No...but the dominance and highhandedness at the top can be minimized significantly.

Caricom can have oversight indirectly thru committee and directly thru the ministries of sport. This will lend to greater accountability.

Caribbean governments will now have greater control and oversight over the tremendous resources they put into cricket.

The local associations will have greater focus on their deliverables at the home level.

Dizzy 2017-07-13 11:32:30 

The only requirement to be nominated
as a Director, is that the person resides in the Caribbean. Therefore, a regional association cam nominate anyone to be a Director; from their country or from another Caribbean
country.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-07-13 11:39:31 

In reply to Dizzy

...but would still need the support of the territorial boards to win the presidency

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 13:22:31 

The T&T government gives through the Ministry of Sports approx 3 million T&T dollars
to The T&TCB. In addition tax free status and non taxable benefits to its players.

The Budget for the T&TCB exceeds 20 million T&T dollars.

POINT 2017-07-13 19:07:49 

In reply to Drapsey

Mediocrity is Celebrated in the WICBC/CWI . This is why they have absolutely refused to change their 1928 Structure .

Evidently that does not bother you and others however it bothers me because
for years the WICBC / CWI have commissioned several Reports regarding
the Structure of the WICBC .

Despite getting those Reports , the WICBC/CWI Bluntly refused to implement the salient recommendations of those Reports .

So then the General Public should demand from the WICBC / CWI , what the Hell was the purpose of commissioning these Reports ?????????

Was it a crass attempt to hoodwink the People in the Region , or a Ruse
to fend off Criticism ?????