The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Paul replaces Hetmyer in Warriors CPL squad

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 10:06:10 

Paul replaces Hetmyer in Warriors CPL squad

The Management of the Guyana Amazon Warriors announce yesterday that West Indies Under 19 World Cup Champions player Keemo Paul has been selected as a replacement for Shimron Hetmyer ahead of this year’s Hero CPL.

Hetmyer, who was initially selected by the Guyana Amazon Warriors as the West Indies Youth Player will be on West Indies Senior Team duties and as such Paul has been chosen as his replacement.

Link Text

bobby 2017-07-13 13:59:55 

In reply to sgtdjones

How do they know that Hetmyer will be on WI senior team duties? Has a team been selected and announced?

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 14:04:41 

In reply to bobby

Hetmyer, who was initially selected by the Guyana Amazon Warriors as the West Indies Youth Player will be on West Indies Senior Team duties and as such Paul has been chosen as his replacement.

WE are talking about CWI and its selections an announcements, the most incompetent group
known to man.Need I say more .

Kay 2017-07-13 14:13:56 

Martin Guptill, Rayad Emrit, Sohail Tanveer, Chadwick Walton, Christopher Lynn, Rashid Khan, Jason Mohammed, Steven Taylor, Veerasammy Permaul, Roshon Primus, Gajanand Singh, Assad Fudadin, Steven Jacobs, Keon Joseph, Steven Katwaroo, Keemo Paul, Muhammad Ali Khan.

Not a bad squad. Good that they finally took Barnwell out of his misery but they need to fix Fuda now!!!

Narper 2017-07-13 16:55:30 

In reply to Kay

Barbados Tridents

Kieron Pollard, Kane Williamson, Shoaib Malik, Dwayne Smith, Nicholas Pooran, Wayne Parnell, Ravi Rampaul, Wahab Riaz, Raymon Reifer, Christopher Barnwell, Imran Khan, Damion Jacobs, Akeal Hosein, Ryan Wiggins, Tino Best, Shamar Springer, Akeem Dodson

big grin
Jamaica Tallawahs

Lendl Simmons, Kumar Sangakkara, Shakib Al Hasan, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Sami, Rovman Powell, Gidron Pope, Kesrick Williams, Garey Mathurin, Jon-Russ Jaggesar, Krishmar Santokie, Jonathan Foo, Kennar Lewis, Andre McCarthy, Odean Smith, Oshane ThomasTimroy Allen

Trinbago Knight Riders

Dwayne Bravo, Brendon McCullum, Sunil Narine ,Hashim Amla, Darren Bravo, Denesh Ramdin, Colin Munro, Shadab Khan, Khary Pierre, Ronsford Beaton, Javon Searles, Nikita Miller, William Perkins, Kevon Cooper, Brad Hogg, Anderson Phillip, Hamza Tariq

jen 2017-07-13 17:15:04 

In reply to sgtdjones

Keemo Paul shoulda been there from the start. Man is like a Ben Stokes, full of energy and makes things happen. Can hit the ball miles!!

anthonyp 2017-07-13 20:06:50 

In reply to jen

Big things coming from Keemo next season.. d man gonna make Barnwell grudge him more n talk his name... maybe he's gonna find a next picture of Keemo and break it again lol

Devers and d other jokers suppose to had that all over the media but Barnwell is their boy.. imagine a club put d youngster picture up on the wall because he made WI U19... n d big skunt Barnwell broke it and throw it away twisted evil

imusic 2017-07-13 20:12:54 

In reply to anthonyp

imagine a club put d youngster picture up on the wall because he made WI U19... n d big skunt Barnwell broke it and throw it away

That doh sound right. Very sad if that is the case...and I eh callin u a liar....that story jes hard to believe

Slipfeeler 2017-07-13 20:23:52 

In reply to Narper

Wait! I didn't realize that Tallawah had such a good team, will miss Gayle but I guess Simmons is the new franchise player
With Kumar, Shakib, Imad, Roveman, Pope, Santokie, Too, Kesrick Williams, Juggesar, and McCarthy team looks good.

anthonyp 2017-07-13 20:31:40 

In reply to imusic

Me and all found it hard to believe at first.. but when other senior Guyana players start confirming it you gotta believe.. after all I don't think all dem gonna lie on him..

Norm 2017-07-13 20:48:54 

In reply to anthonyp

Only sick folks could treat a young Essequibo player, who came out of nowhere (from a jungle village up the Essequibo River with no cricket in his background) and who brought honor to his country and region, like that.

Keemo has been patient. Keeping him out unjustly will only make him hungrier. He will probably be one of the last good players coming out of the region overall.

Barnwell has been another serious and proven waste of talent - the result of the same cabal mentality that has been keeping players like Keemo out to begin with.

WestDem 2017-07-13 21:07:45 

In reply to Norm

Barnwell is a DCC man like Larr,allyuh see or expect anything different? Bunch of self centered 'this world belongs to us freaks'. Keemo should Mankad his fcuking hard head! cool cool

Norm 2017-07-13 22:30:16 

In reply to WestDem

Barnwell is a DCC man

Keemo has been playing for DCC (Demerara Cricket Club) too.

mikelegend 2017-07-14 00:31:17 

In reply to jen

Keemo Paul shoulda been there from the start. Man is like a Ben Stokes, full of energy and makes things happen. Can hit the ball miles!!

Couldn't agree more!

Pacy 2017-07-14 02:45:32 

In reply to jen

Some of the U19 players had that fight in them and One of them surely is Keemo Paul. I also want to see springer, Pope and others to be exposed to senior cricket.

mikesiva 2017-07-14 04:04:47 

In reply to bobby

I guess we should hear the squad soon...will Kieran Powell and Alzarri Joseph now pull out of the St Kitts squad?

CORRECTION: I see Alzarri is already out of the St Kitts squad, but Powell is still there.

mikelegend 2017-07-14 05:05:34 

In reply to Pacy

That entire team should've been kept together and participated in the local competitions.

anthonyp 2017-07-14 06:15:45 

In reply to Norm

He's already giving back to his village.. earlier in the year he donated some gears to his former primary school... it's about 200+ people living there.. told them bigger things in store and hopefully he could carry all of them to the stadium to see him play...

The other day dem fellas went practicing big hitting... Barnwell and the others swinging hard hard to hit sixes... Keemo walked to d crease and start hitting dem with ease further lol

anthonyp 2017-07-14 06:17:47 

In reply to mikesiva

All who got selected for the England tour know already... Keemo replaced Hety weeks now.. just that they finally do a press release for it...

doosra 2017-07-14 06:44:36 

In reply to anthonyp

i was in saxacalli recently and i see ball strapped to socks and fellas knocking all the time ...kid you not

indigenous too