evil evil evil

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-07-13 12:34:27 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The lil idiot?

voiceofreason 2017-07-13 12:42:28 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Agreed! Came right back to both men apologizing. smile

tc1 2017-07-13 12:48:08 

An idiot is an idiot, big or lil, there are still 2 idiots.

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 12:49:39 

In reply to tc1

Lord Nelson tc1

Dats not nice to say about Che calling him two idiots

lol lol lol

doosra 2017-07-13 13:16:17 

In reply to voiceofreason

big man nah bow? big grin

Cricket_101 2017-07-13 13:30:45 

In reply to Larr Pullo

lol lol lol Two idiots kiss and makeup...

jelfew 2017-07-13 15:54:05 

In reply to Cricket_101

Clearly 2 idiots kissing and making up. Behaving also like two lovers who insult each other. You take that back before I take back mine. In the long run, 2 losers.

Anyway, I remember Haynes was given compensation, when Hall stepped in and ended the impasse with WICB. It does not necessarily mean one side accept blame but it helps when you want to put an unpleasant episode behind you. smile smile

Star 2017-07-13 16:22:39 

In reply to Larr Pullo
I do not agree with you on this one.

It takes some measure of humility from a person in such a high position of authority to take this approach and in my estimation, it is an approach for the betterment of West Indies Cricket..

Mr.Cameron comes out on top with this decision.

I am prepared to say it took too long but in the end rational thought, logic and common sense prevailed and to me it erases completely the title of big idiot.

Let me also add that the stamp of Mr.Jimmy Adams is all over this decision and that also bodes well for West Indies cricket.

Stilbatn 2017-07-13 16:29:16 

In reply to Star

Well spoken Star big grin big grin

voiceofreason 2017-07-13 16:41:50 

In reply to Star

It takes some measure of humility from a person in such a high position of authority to take this approach and in my estimation, it is an approach for the betterment of West Indies Cricket..

Mr.Cameron comes out on top with this decision.

It is clear that Mr. Bravo did not get due process here so big Idiot on the advice of his lawyers decided to bury the hatchet or CWI would pay big in the courts. Please do not give the big Idiot any credit as he deserves none.

hawk 2017-07-13 16:52:18 

In reply to Star

In agreement with you here. Down side is the length of time bur well done to both in my opinion.
There will be a time to berate chide and even call managemwnt out but we must also be ready to commend them at the appropiate time recent events will go a long way to us fielding our best 11 on the field
I just pray that they perform

POINT 2017-07-13 17:21:36 

Some People are looking at this from

AN UPSIDE DOWN PERSPECTIVE ; IT IS

MY UNDERSTANDING THAT THE BIG DICTATOR

APOLOGISED FIRST & THEN BRAVO

APOLOGISED .

IF THAT IS TRUE THEN PROCESS , IN MY

OPINION IS CORRECT . THIS SITUATION

AS I HAVE STATED VERY OFTEN IN THIS

FORUM OCCURRED BECAUSE THE BIG

DICTATOR IS FILLED WITH ARROGANCE ,

TO HIM NOT KNOWING PRECISELY WHAT

LEVEL CONTRACT BRAVO HAD , WAS A

TRIFLING MATTER , AND IN HIS

ARROGANCE BELIEVED THAT THIS WAS OF

NO CONSEQUENCE TO BRAVO .

Unfortunately it was , and any Right Thinking Person would readily agree
that as the President of the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth .

In that capacity ; the onus was on the Big Dictator to ascertain correctly what level Contract Bravo
had before making his Public Statement regarding what level Contract Bravo had .

THE VERY FACT THAT HE DID NOT

CORRECTLY KNOW WHAT LEVEL CONTRACT

BRAVO HAD ,TO PUT IT MILDLY , WAS

VERY SLOPPY .

Lost the WICBC/CWI Sycophants in this
Forum , is the fact that this matter
was spawned by the Arrogance of the Big Dictator .

ANY PERSON WHO IS MALIGNED IN PUBLIC

BY SOMEONE STATING SOMETHING

UNTRUTHFUL ABOUT HIM / HER , WOULD

OBVIOUSLY BE UPSET , THAT IS HUMAN

NATURE .

I am on record on several occasions
in this very Forum stating that Both
the Big Dictator & Bravo needed to
Apologise to each other . I have never deviated from that position in this Forum .

I also stated that because this matter was spawned by the Big Dictator He must apologise First , and then Bravo . My understanding is that is what happened . But as usual the Sycophants in this Forum are only focused on Bravo's Apology , not on the fact that the Big Dictator had to eat Humble Pie .

There are however other Issues that
as far as I am aware have not yet been made Public .

FIRST IS THE FACT THAT BRAVO WAS NOT

ACCORDED DUE PROCESS ; WHEN IN FACT

THE WICBC HAS A DISCIPLINARY

COMMITTEE. THEN THERE IS THE MATTER

OF PUNISHMENT . BRAVO WAS SENT HOME

BECAUSE OF HIS TWEET , THEN HE WAS

BANNED FROM BEING SELECTED , THAT

MEANS THAT BRAVO , WHO WAS NOT

ACCORDED DUE PROCESS WAS PUNISHED

MORE THAN ONCE FOR THE SAME INCIDENT .

jelfew 2017-07-13 17:42:25 

What is due process here? Did the people who withdrew Bravo's contract have the authority to do so as per his terms of engagement? Was the alleged violation of the nature that makes the punishment fits the crime? The fact that the violation was not referred to a disciplinary committee in the first place does not necessarily mean that due process DID not take place. It does not follow that a violation has to go to a disciplinary committee if the rules of engagement provides for what sanctions should be meted out if the violation occur.
I agree with you that Cameron should not be given any credit towards resolving the impasse. He made a mistake and he should have issued a statement to correct it as soon as he found that out. The buck stops with him. The response by Bravo was to say the least inappropriate. Maybe the Board backed up the stance because they were not prepared to accept such a response from any player, to what was clearly a mistake. It just shows that we always need to think about what we say before we say it.
I am so glad that this episode is coming to a close. As to compensation, let's see what happens. I hope that will not be a long drawn out process also.
Please note that the wording of the apologies were of such that no one had to grovel. This is what should have taken place long ago and I hope that we all learn a lesson from this. Management needs to manage properly and cricketers need to play cricket properly AND MUTUAL RESPECT FOR EACH SIDE IS CRITICAL FOR SUCCESS. smile smile

hawk 2017-07-13 17:58:11 

In reply to POINT

So crictical of CWi you have been over the years and quite often deservedly so, you seem incapable of acknowledging when the correct measures have been taken by the said CWI, whatever occured in the pass, even the irresponsible tweet is now behind us all, let us be happy the way is now cleared for a talented cricketer to resume his career

criticize the CWI when it needs to be done but also commend when it is due

Maispwi 2017-07-13 18:01:34 

In reply to Star

Cameron had very little choice in de matter. He is looking after his self interest and de Little Bravo resolution and the easing of restrictions were in his best inerests at this time

He may be egotistical but he eh stupid. People like you already start singing his praises.

Think of the money he paid Pybus to mash up our cricket when he cud simply have taken de advice of easing de eligibility criteria so freely given on CC.com

Cricket_101 2017-07-13 18:42:36 

In reply to jelfew

Concur big grin

POINT 2017-07-13 18:50:40 

In reply to hawk

With all due respect , I find it exceedingly difficult to criticize
Mediocrity , and also those who dwell
in Mediocrity .

It is unfortunate that YOU and others
fail to understand that this matter was caused by the Big Dictator , Now
look at it from this perspective , Why
was it that the Big Dictator not know
what level Contract Bravo had ?????

I will never deviate from the the
central Point , no pun intended .

THE BIG DICTATOR IN HIS CAPACITY OF

BEING THE PRESIDENT OF THE WICBC/CWI

ABSOLUTELY CAN PROVIDE NO FREAKING

EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT LEVEL

CONTRACT BRAVO HAD .

The fact that he did not know what level Contract Bravo , in my opinion , apart from being Sloppy , demonstrated the colossal Arrogance
that the Big Dictator possesses .

I have absolutely no doubt that his
Arrogance will surface again & again. It surfaced at a Radio Station last week when the Big Dictator refused to have a Journalist sit near him , and also refused the said Journalist from
asking him Questions .

Now this aint no Nancy Story , this
is Facts . Imagine this is the Person who is the President of the WICBC/CWI .

hawk 2017-07-13 18:59:57 

In reply to POINT

I find it exceedingly difficult to criticize
Mediocrity , and also those who dwell
in Mediocrity .

i think you have something wrong there
nonetheless you are wrong!! I think everyone understands the matter perfectly and no one is saying MR CAMERON was correct, we all know he was wrong and so does he himself, but MR BRAVO was also wrong and it really doesn't matter who hit whom first, matter of fact had Bravo kept his silence Mr. Cameron could have been forced to resign, again nonetheless
what is critical is that an amicable resolution to the impasse has been found and a way forward is visible, stop going back to the wrongs of yesterday absolutely nothing can be changed in terms of what happened at that time, but we can look to the future of having a much stronger team even if it is just on paper in the not too distant future, and i could not care less who is responsible I am just elated we are going forward

openning 2017-07-13 19:04:28 

In reply to hawk
Amen

lol lol

voiceofreason 2017-07-13 19:25:14 

In reply to jelfew

Did the people who withdrew Bravo's contract have the authority to do so as per his terms of engagement?

It does not follow that a violation has to go to a disciplinary committee if the rules of engagement provides for what sanctions should be meted out if the violation occur.

Perhaps you know more than me but I am not privy to the terms of the contract so if the contract does not provide for a disciplinary hearing for this particular infringement then why did Cameron during a recent interview mention that ata a board meeting they decided to take it to the disciplinary committee?

David Cameron:
"But we've decided as an organisation – it came up at the board meeting – (that) we'll put it to the disciplinary committee, let them have a look at it and determine if there is further action to be taken and how that will go. We'll move it from there."

Link Text

The response by Bravo was to say the least inappropriate. Maybe the Board backed up the stance because they were not prepared to accept such a response from any player, to what was clearly a mistake. It just shows that we always need to think about what we say before we say it.

Agreed.

I am so glad that this episode is coming to a close. As to compensation, let's see what happens.

Really why should Bravo be compensated when there was no need for due process? Am i missing something here?

tc1 2017-07-13 19:34:57 

Really why should Bravo be compensated when there was no need for due process? Am i missing something here?

I agreed with you on this point, I cannot see where he would be compensated, as for due process it starts after he removes the tweet.

Star 2017-07-13 20:42:27 

It is clear that Mr. Bravo did not get due process here so big Idiot on the advice of his lawyers decided to bury the hatchet or CWI would pay big in the courts. Please do not give the big Idiot any credit as he deserves none.

Your long statement above shows that you want to have your cake and eat it at the same time.

Is it not the duty of a top administrator to do exactly what you are stating above? This shows Mr.Cameron is smarter than you.

If you were in Mr.Cameron's position what would have been your decision? Would you have continued the hard line approach and not follow your lawyer's advice?

In my opinion you seem to be more of a big idiot with your comment.

Mr.Cameron deserves the respect of all players going forward.

This decision shows another side of Mr.Cameron's character that none of us saw before and I believe all the players will give him the respect he deserves as CEO of CWI.

hawk 2017-07-13 20:48:56 

In reply to Star

some people abhor progress and change because they want to keep complaining about about poor it current situation is, i welcome the change in his approach and expect it to augur well going forward

imusic 2017-07-13 20:49:19 

In reply to Star

This decision shows another side of Mr.Cameron's character that none of us saw before and I believe all the players will give him the respect he deserves as CEO of CWI.

razz razz

Star 2017-07-13 20:59:18 

In reply to Maispwi

People like you already start singing his praises.

I am assuming you would prefer I criticize him for making a sensible decision.

voiceofreason 2017-07-13 21:46:58 

In reply to hawk

i welcome the change in his approach and expect it to augur well going forward

Change in approach can be determined conclusively once there is consistency in that approach. One-off does not count. I doubt Cameron has changed, but with poor tv ratings and a pending lawsuit he had little choice but to adjust his approach for the moment.

POINT 2017-07-13 22:19:32 

In reply to hawk

One Question that seemingly escaped the attention that you & others seem to blithely Ignore this very important
Fact :

SO LET ME REPEAT IT FOR YOUR BENEFIT;

DOES ANYONE BELIEVE THAT IF THE BIG

DICTATOR HAD FACTUALLY STATED THE

LEVEL OF CONTRACT THAT BRAVO HAD ;

THE LATTER WOULD HAVE TWEETED :

" BIG IDIOT ????????????????????????

Frankly it was the Big Dictator who
wittingly or unwittingly Publicly made a False Statement regarding what
Level of Contract Bravo had .

Obviously , that incensed Bravo , because He believed that the Big Dictator should have known what level
Contract Bravo had . Since the Big Dictator , is the President of the
WICBC / CWI .

Let me again state that the onus was on the Big Dictator to ascertain what
level Contract Bravo had before making his Public Statement , He failed to do that , and as a result
he was incorrect regarding what level Contract Bravo had .

However the Sycophants of the WICBC/CWI are unsuccessfully trying
to place all the blame for this Mess
on only Bravo . If that is True , Why
the Hell is the Big Dictator Apologising ?????????????????
Perhaps there is a reason unbeknown to me . If that is so , I would like to hear it .

hawk 2017-07-14 08:51:06 

The longest jourmey starts with a single step he has made a start the motive for the start is irrelevant only time will determine hiw consistent it is in the mean time lets applaud the change and pray it continue

hawk 2017-07-14 08:56:50 

In reply to POINT

Again i tell you it does not matter who hit whom first that is irrelevant right now and would never bring a resolution if they focus on that
The matter has been put to rest
Well done to both of them
The motive for both apologies is also irrelevant i am sure the feelings dor each other have not changed but who cares they dont need to like each but they should respect each other and get along for the benefit and growth of west indies cricket
We need Bravo across all formats and anything initiative to get him back in fold i welcome with open arms

Larr Pullo 2017-07-14 12:21:57 

In reply to Star

Where was this approach 2 weeks after the whole mess occurred? Leaders lead...sadly Cameron is NOT a leader neither in thought NOR execution!

Logic 2017-07-14 12:41:44 

In reply to Star

Methinks you are giving Mr. Cameron far more credit than he is due. Mr. Cameron is without question a survivor and an astute political strategist. Give him credit for that but we knew that already. I suspect the growing rumblings from the Caribbean government leaders and no doubt from the sponsors would have had more to do with Mr. Cameron's change of "heart" than any sense of magnanimity.

Things resolved just in time for the next CPL. Cool.

Star 2017-07-14 12:47:10 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Leaders lead...sadly Cameron is NOT a leader neither in thought NOR execution!

It took time to resolve the matter which I may add in my humble opinion was a simplistic one but the fact that the matter was resolved to the satisfaction of everyone shows a quality of leadership the must be applauded.

It took too long but in the end it was resolved. That is what leadership is all about.

Mr. Cameron came out saving face by showing some humility and Mr. Bravo came out saving face by also showing some humility.

A win, win situation for everyone.