The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Selection review tekking place

ponderiver 2017-07-13 13:05:19 

It is of some significance that a selection review and the Bravo impasse have been resolved all at the same time

Bravo quite rightly was reminded that he was the big idiot and had to withdraw the inflammatory tweet.

Cameron for his part having stuck to his guns.. will no doubt be relived to see the brat back and an end to this tiresome saga.

What next...I expect to see the west indies name their strongest squad for the tour to England.

It's unlikely it will be a Courtney Brung and friends squad.

All this talk of a virtual Bajan side is not going to happen ... recent results have put paid to that pointless exercise.

Expect to see some familiar names back in the fold as normal service is resumed.

For once it appears that commonsense has prevailed.
The current coaching team have also played a huge part in restoring some professionalism to the setup.

No more spouting off to the press and washing dirty linen in public as was the case with a few others who paid the ultimate price... they were shown the door.

England beware west indies won't be a pushover and apologies to the friends who thought they were sure picks for the trip to England

big grin big grin big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 13:13:16 

Ponderiver Quote

Bravo quite rightly was reminded that he was the big idiot and had to withdraw the inflammatory tweet.

Cameron for his part having stuck to his guns.. will no doubt be relived to see the brat back and an end to this tiresome saga.

Here is the correct quote

“Essentially (Cameron) says he made an incorrect statement for which he apologises, and Darren apologises as well
Cameron is expected to issue a media release today in which he will atone for his ill-advised comment.

Listen here Ponderiver

As you are host at a BBC Sports program,I am appalled at the false news you are promoting.
I understand your luv in with the Big Ediot, but isnt this against journalism rules.

I posted what was announced, you did not. Why ?

shock shock shock

ponderiver 2017-07-13 13:19:28 

In reply to sgtdjones

When Cameron atones I will retract.

Anyway the real story is the selection review taking place.

Care to comment on that

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 13:33:17 

In reply to ponderiver

I have been against Pybus and his creation that has left Cameron under the bus.

Pybus rules did not address the Caribbean problems and we are seeing the results
as we slowly regress to oblivion.

Then again who chose Pybus,after looking at his record in other countries.

Pybus left the CWI in chaos. WE regressed. He made the established players his target.
Didn't Hilaire tried such that resulted in failure. WE started to win after such players
were called back to the team by Hilaire.

Did Cameron not see Pybus using the same outdated management strategy.

Anything, now will be an improvement.

What are we doing different, calling back the players, we have pissed off, isn't such cyclic,
one will not turn the corner. Wonder why we have been going around in circles.
For over two decades we have seen such malady, are our heads that hard.

Now, I will ask what new selection review process taking place, wasn't this not done 6 years ago and changed?

Cameron has humiliated himself over this lil B incident, and we in the Caribbean are being laughed at by the incompetent decisions, being made at CWI level.

Over to you Mr Journalist? How long will such last ask your listeners, on your BBC program?

tc1 2017-07-13 13:53:07 

In reply to ponderiver

Who are the new players in the team that will change the outcome for the WI.

ponderiver 2017-07-13 14:16:33 

In reply to sgtdjones

Man yuh got me mixed up with loin and lent or Mason and guest

Those are the premier broadcasting institutions.

Like I said when Cameron atones I shall retract..

Show me where he atones and I shall retract immediately.

The reason why we are a laughing stock is becsuse of the jokers we have been selecting to represent us lately .

You know who they are call them out

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-07-13 16:26:28 

In reply to ponderiver

Please can we now have your public retraction? big grin big grin big grin big grin

ponderiver 2017-07-13 17:23:59 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

It's a bit confusing I have only seen the words or summary from di quins kounsil

Please provide a transcript of Cameron's atonement for his I'll advised comments

Bravo allegedly seh he not responsible for the tweet so why is he apologising.

Must have been hacked by Sammy.

timeless99 2017-07-13 18:27:26 

Lewis
Gayle
Bravo
Samuels
Shai Hope
Pollard
Bravo
Holder
Narine
Nurse/Bishoo
Williams
Tge reserve would be
Kyle Hope
Rovman
Gabriel if fit or Joseph
team should be competitive and should be able to score 280 plus on a regular occasion

sgtdjones 2017-07-13 18:44:57 

In reply to ponderiver

Ponderiver

Please we are adults,ok I heard you on the BBC in Pommie land with your talk show.

I am not aware of the programs you mentioned.So lets cut the crap.

You are one of a bunch of journalists that give the WICB a free reign.
Cameron is from the yard so he is untouchable, I quoted what a QC stated.

Good management at the CWI or WICB should have solved this problem with 7 days. Prolonging it show vindictiveness. This can be what your fellow countryman leaves as his legacy at the helm of Cricket in the Caribbean.

The longer it went the deeper the hole Cameron dug for himself.Soon he needs to explain the compensation issue.

I am sure you are aware of outside interference
that abounds in West Indies Cricket, selectors are primarily pawns of the Administration.

I will not criticize players that are selected,
most likely they did their best.

The various Boards give diamonds in the rough to CWI , unfortunately, they are quickly discarded as charcoal.

Look at the last two decades of Players that went through the CWI.

ponderiver 2017-07-14 02:26:54 

In reply to sgtdjones & FuzzyWuzzy

is this the atonement for Cameron's ill advised comments ......... to be honest it is not grovelling enough and certainly does not come across as ill advisory also it totally lacks atonement quotient

Dave Cameron statement
"In early November 2016, I gave an interview to SportsMax TV during which I discussed player retainer contracts and the grades of contract that had been awarded to certain players.
In the course of the interview I stated that Darren Bravo had previously been on an 'A' contract, which I have since been advised is not correct.
I apologise for the misstatement, and wish to assure Mr. Bravo that there was no insult or offense intended towards him.
Darren is a senior cricketer who has been a valuable part of the WINDIES set up for a long time, and I would hope to see his game continue to progress and mature, at both regional and international level."

is this the apology for the ill advised tweet which according to some sources he had earlier claimed not to be responsible for.

Darren Bravo statement

"On 11 November 2016, after viewing statements made about me by Mr. Dave Cameron, president of Cricket West Indies, on a television sports programme,
I tweeted a response which referred to the president which was, in retrospect, inappropriate.
As I have always tried to uphold the best traditions of West Indies cricket and its players,
I now therefore wish to withdraw the comment made on my Twitter account and apologise to the president of CWI and to all WINDIES fans."

mikesiva 2017-07-14 04:10:42 

In reply to timeless99

Nearly all the players you list will be playing CPL instead next month....

sgtdjones 2017-07-14 09:17:55 

In reply to ponderiver

Limestone Fuzz

What atonement means:

When you apologize for doing something wrong, that's an act of atonement.

Ponderiver playing with words here

Ponderiver explanation.
is this the atonement for Cameron's ill advised comments ......... to be honest it is not grovelling enough and certainly does not come across as ill advisory also it totally lacks atonement quotient

Now here is Cameron words:

In the course of the interview I stated that Darren Bravo had previously been on an 'A' contract, which I have since been advised is not correct.
I apologise for the misstatement, and wish to assure Mr. Bravo that there was no insult or offense intended towards him.

Any learned individual and I list Ponderiver as such would see atonement.
note: I on a few occasion called into his program on the BBC during my abode in Pommy land.
He is trying to Master the English language to support his comrade.

He has failed.

big grin big grin big grin

ponderiver 2017-07-14 11:21:26 

In reply to sgtdjones

Hinglish is not mi first language

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2017-07-14 16:53:31 

In reply to ponderiver

Hahahaha

Are you Master of another language?

Great sense of humor.

We shall debate in fun on another thread soon.

Have a great day in Pommie land.

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin