The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Congrats to both Mr Cameron and Mr Bravo

Slipfeeler 2017-07-13 18:53:02 

For putting WI cricket ahead of your personal pride and agendas. Most fans are relieved and grateful to have WI star batsman back on the team and the additional news that experienced players are welcomed back to the team.
Well-done as the history and future of WI cricket is more relevant and important than any individual.

Some fans failed to see the bigger picture that with Bravo and other experienced players back on the team, there is now a real opportunity for WI to qualify for the World Cup. Participating in the World Cup not only keep cricket fans at home happy but means additional ICC funds, especially if the team wins. Importantly, WI team will at least be competitive once again and might even win a few series.

There are some fans opposing this compromise by both parties due to insular, myopic, and self-centered reasons for they wish to see a continuation of WI team humiliation and mediocre performances.

Slipfeeler 2017-07-13 19:10:20 

WI cricket should take precedence over any other agenda.

hawk 2017-07-13 19:37:56 

In reply to Slipfeeler

true dat!!!

Star 2017-07-13 20:19:11 

In reply to Slipfeeler
I also extend congratulations to Mr.Dave Cameron for going this route.

Slipfeeler 2017-07-13 21:42:16 

In reply to Star

True dat Star!

runout 2017-07-13 22:01:14 

Seriously???? What is there to be congratulatory?????
You have a player who missed a couple of his most productive years. You have an executive body that has lost all credibility. And you have a windian team tottering.
Yeah talk nah!

jelfew 2017-07-13 23:31:53 

In reply to runout

One can always congratulate someone when they do the right thing. In this case, they have done the right thing. We have cursed them long and hard for messing up. The prodigal son has returned home and the father has welcomed him home with open arm. Not time to bring out the fatted calf yet though. That will come later when we win some matches. big grin big grin big grin

ellisstreet 2017-07-14 00:08:26 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/1093583.html

Darren Bravo appears to have rejected the chance of a return to the West Indies side by launching a claim for damages
against the WICB

ponderiver 2017-07-14 01:44:50 

In reply to ellisstreet

old article not sure of its relevance in this era of truth and reconciliation.

Slipfeeler 2017-07-14 08:58:33 

In reply to runout

Congrats to them for allowing commonsense to prevail, which is the best interest of WI cricket or would you rather see the further demise of WI cricket with mediocre players?

POINT 2017-07-14 09:55:28 

In reply to Star

You seem euphoric because the Arrogant
President of the WICBC apologised . I
was always o the opinion that HE had to do that .

In this Forum I continuously stated that he had to apologise ; because it was his inability to correctly state
what level Contract Bravo had that
spawned this seemingly small matter into Gigantic proportions . The Episode in the Radio Station was & is not a little matter that can be swiftly swept under the Rug .

However as I have stated elsewhere in this Forum , the President of the WICBC/CWI is now going to be carefully scrutinized for future signs of his propensity to being Arrogant .

Star 2017-07-14 16:47:16 

In reply to POINT
What do you really want?

It takes guts and balls for a President of an established organization to issue an apology and it took guts and balls for Darren Bravo to apologize.

I am satisfied with what transpired. What happened in the past is now irrelevant.

How much longer are you going to continue flogging an old horse?

Give it a rest and let's see what happens going forward.

rubberd 2017-07-15 11:46:27 

In reply to Star

All this over USD $20,000 difference between B contract and C.

Will end up costing CWI much more.

Three contract tiers with category A US $140,000, category B US $120,000, category C US $100,000

POINT 2017-07-15 19:30:57 

Look it is very simple , and not complicated . However I will break it down for the Simpletons among us .

1.An Arrogant man goes out to make a
Public Statement ; he fails to
Check that what he is going to
say is based on the facts .

2. He makes his Speech , and as a
result of him not checking
part of his statement was false .

3. The person who heard what he
said was upset , due to the fact
He believed that the person making
the statement as the head of the
Organization is supposed to know
what level Contract he had .

4. The fact that the person who made
the Public Statement was clueless
regarding what level Contract he
had made him angry , and as a
result he Tweeted " Big Idiot " .

The above was the sequence of what
happened . Obviously the Person making the Public statement did not ascertain what level Contract the person he was referring to had . He
had an obligation to know the level of Contract .

Obviously , to those of us who are sane , of the two persons , the One
who did not know what level Contract
the other Person had , is the Instigator of this unfortunate chain of events .

POINT 2017-07-15 19:42:18 

It is fair to say that if the person making the Public Statement had checked to be sure he knew the level of contract the person he was speaking
about had . There would not have been any problems .

Now it is obvious that a matter of this magnitude would be handled by
the Disciplinary Committee . However the Disciplinary Committee was bypassed . The person who tweeted was order to return to the Region & then banned .

In essence the Person was not accorded Due Process . by having a
Hearing by the Disciplinary Committee . Worse yet , He was punished at least twice for the same Offense . That in itself is illegal .

POINT 2017-07-15 19:49:12 

In reply to Star

That was not a display of guts , rather it was the display of a man who
has come to the realization that PM
Rowley and others who support him are really serious .

BTW , the WICBC is going to have to shell out Mucho Dinero . so please Spare me your B.S . It would be nice if the Public is privy to how much money Bravo is going to get . All because of One man's Colossal Arrogance .

hawk 2017-07-15 23:22:18 

In reply to POINT

time to move on.....let the past stay there, we will have a full strength team very soon, cricket will be played long after Cameron finally loses an election

SirGarny 2017-07-16 23:55:00 

In reply to POINT

Obviously , to those of us who are sane , of the two persons , the One
who did not know what level Contract
the other Person had , is the Instigator of this unfortunate chain of events .

No disagreement here! But he's the boss..he can initiate an offence and expect no response from the offended party. That's how the WICBC has always treated the players..like servants on a plantation. evil evil

POINT 2017-07-17 07:16:51 

In reply to hawk

Why should I move on when very recently the most Arrogant man in the
Region , went into a Radio Station , and once again displayed his Arrogance
by demanding that a Journalist not sit
near him , or ask him questions .

Yet that Radio Station bowed to both of his Request .The Guy needs to be in a Lunatic Asylum , Normal People
do not behave in that manner .

The Journalist , on the air stated that he was not allowed to ask Mr. Arrogance any questions , yet Yahoos like YOU approve of this disgusting
Behaviour .

hawk 2017-07-17 08:46:15 

In reply to POINT

The name calling and personal attacks is uncalled for, i am going let this one go because i know it is not in keeping with the quality of your post even though they may be repetitive, and completely out of your character, however, kindly refrain from such in any future discussion we may engage in, as i believe it is possible to agree to disagree
no that note i certainly and don't recall anyone else approving of Mr Cameron's bad behaviour, but the bigger picture must always be considered, we have reach a critical point in West Indies cricket, one that has the potential to start the improvement of our on field performances, this is something to be recognised and acknowledge. it does not matter who or what was the catalyst for this positive development, what is important is what happens next

one cannot go forward effectively if one keeps looking back, and you seem hell bent on focusing on looking back, once an issue has been resolved allow it to stay resolved
I believe Mr Cameron will be ousted at the appropriate time, hopefully the new president will be a whole lot better(not holding my breadth here), but in the meantime cricket must be played, player development must continue, PCL, CPL and Super50 must grow, in spite of Mr Cameron

if you cannot see my position clearly no need to respond as ths is my last post on this matter

PS you really need to be more positive in your general outlook, the chip on your shoulder will destroy you while Mr Cameron lives