The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Rowley: CARICOM to challenge CWI in court

sgtdjones 2017-07-14 09:57:07 

Rowley: CARICOM to challenge CWI in court

TRINIDAD AND Tobago’s Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley says CARICOM could proceed with a legal challenge to Cricket West Indies’ right to manage the sport in the Caribbean, in an unprecedented test of the body’s longstanding authority.

Speaking on local radio here, Rowley said CARICOM had already sought legal advice and had been assured there was a case to be argued on the basis of CWI, as a private entity, continuing to manage cricket, which constituted a public good.

In fact, Rowley indicated that he would soon be speaking to St Vincent and the Grenadines Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves — the chairman of CARICOM’s subcommittee on cricket — to also get him to engage the matter.

“The CARICOM Secretariat was told by the CARICOM leaders, ‘go and get legal advice on this very fundamental point: where did West Indies Cricket Board or whoever it is get this asset called West Indies Cricket Inc and who really owns West Indies cricket’,” Rowley said.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2017-07-14 09:58:21 

Oh Gord Growley (TM Narper) and this useless bunch at Caricom, please try and manage
ya countries.

evil evil

sgtdjones 2017-07-14 10:00:37 

“Rowley charged.

The big Ediot told them this and they became pussies at the meeting instead of throwing the Big Ediot out.

razz razz razz

Star 2017-07-14 10:01:54 

In reply to sgtdjones
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.POINT must be sitting with his foot on the table.

Way to go POINT.

Looks like Mr.Cameron made the sensible decisions a little too late for PM Rowley.

POINT 2017-07-14 12:20:28 

In reply to Star

Well many scoffed when I stated that
the Structure of the WICBC/CWI & the
BCCI are very Similar .

I also stated in this Forum that most Commonwealth Countries have very similar Laws . In this Forum I stated
that the Supreme Court of India stated that the BCCI could not be in the governance of a Public Sport .

I recall stating that the BCCI & the
WICBC suffer from A Lack of Transparency & A Lack of Accountability .

It will be very interesting to learn
why the Officials in the WICBC/ CWI under Oath, State what was the purpose of commissioning several Reports
when in actuality they had absolutely no intention of changing their 1928
Structure that allows them to do anything and getting away with it .

jelfew 2017-07-14 20:20:43 

In reply to POINT

You may very well have your day in court after all. Let's see if CARICOM has the "TF" to follow through. Interesting days are still ahead.

Incidently I have always felt that although ICC and the membership have taken the view that Governments should not be involved in running cricket, if any government decide to "highjack" the game in their country, there is very little they can do about it. For this reason, when Pakistan, Guyana and Indian Supreme Court stepped in, ICC did not fight it. If CARICOM (with the backing of the various governments decide to take over the running of cricket in the region, I believe ICC may have to surrender.

The game of cricket is not a patented product. I am not aware that the British claimed copyright status for the game. If a country in which it is played has a government that claims it for the common good of the people well???.

So if the Indian Supreme Court has decided to bring off a shotgun wedding between two lovers (the people of India) and their suitor, (the game of cricket}, it might very well be a happy marriage. After all this is a love affair the Indian Supreme Court felt ought to be consummated and the bridal parties were dragging their feet. I am prepared to accept that the game of cricket can be claimed as being for the good of the Indian people.

Interesting days are still ahead.
smile smile

Star 2017-07-14 21:20:28 

In reply to jelfew
I do not agree with PM Rowley going forward with this court challenge.

Since Mr.Jimmy Adams took over as Director of CWI, he has shown a leadership style that is refreshing with an open accommodation for all concern to put West Indies cricket first and foremost for the enjoyment of all cricket fans near and far who loves West Indies cricket.

PM Rowley should step back and allow Mr.Adams to continue his excellent work.

There is marked improvement under Mr.Adams and I will not support any involvement by CARICOM leaders at this time.

It makes no sense at this time for CARICOM leaders to interfere with the operations of CWI as it is clear that Mr.Adams strategy in righting the ship is already working for the betterment of West Indies cricket.

I will convey my sentiments as expressed above to PM Rowley and PM Gonsalves.

sgtdjones 2017-07-14 22:17:35 

In reply to POINT

If Caricom gats balls, they must go to Court and find out who owns Cricket in The Caribbean.

They cannot allow a bunch of old outdated men to run an organization as such, where public monies are involved.

These Governments give grants to stakeholders (T&TCB gets approx 5 million from Crown Corporations and the Government of T&T)

The local stakeholder is given tax-free status and so are the players. This again involves the public.

CWI cannot be left to do as it pleases, it must be made accountable and now.

CWI must have an Independent Board of Directors and replace the present clowns.

The Administration of CWI must produce or be replaced, we cannot have incompetents in charge for years as we do presently.

Cricket must be the property of every Caribbean citizen, not 12 men and 6 stakeholders.

anandgb 2017-07-14 22:18:01 

In reply to Star

Rowleyu should focus on the governance of the country he was elected to rule. He is not doing a good job so far.

Emir 2017-07-14 22:47:57 

Happy to see PM Rowley taking lead here. The first step is to significantly cripple the respective boards while pursuing court action against the WICBC

POINT 2017-07-14 23:45:02 

In reply to sgtdjones

I hear You . Many people in this Forum
and in the Region fail to consider or remember that when the WICBC wanted
To Host the International Tournament

IT WAS THE GOVERNMENTS IN THE REGION

WHO SPENT MILLIONS OF TAXPAYERS

DOLLARS TO ENSURE THAT THE WICBC WAS

SUCCESSFULLY IN HOSTING THE WORLD CUP

I like many others honestly believed
that the Members of the WICBC would
reciprocate by making changes in the Structure & modus operandi of the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth .

HISTORY INFORMS US ALL THAT THE

UNGRATEFUL BUMS DID ABSOLUTELY

NOTHING , IN FACT THEY BECAME MORE

ARROGANT , AND SWIFTLY DISMISSED THE

RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE REPORTS THAT

THEY THEMSELVES COMMISSIONED .

The Regional Governments have a serious obligation to take the WICBC/CWI to Court regarding the fact
that the WICBC / CWI has adamantly refused to change its freaking 89 years old Structure .

So then what the Hell was the purpose
of Commissioning all those Reports
that they Scuttled . I have absolutely no doubt that The Regional Governments will have standing to bring the WICBC/CWI to Court .

The time for negotiations with the
WICBC/CWI has passed , the only solution right now is to have a Court
render a Verdict on this Matter .

A few years ago , there was a Panel
that the WICBC agreed with to look at the Structure of the WICBC . Cameron and Co were yet again dissatisfied with the Findings of ALL the Committees that the WICBC has commissioned .

Emperor Cameron immediately decided to have his own Panel , and WE are yet to hear the findings of his Panel , I say his because he & the Board selected the Members of this latest
Panel .

MY PERSPECTIVE IS THAT WE HAVE HAD

ENOUGH PANELS , LET THE COURT DECIDE

WHETHER OR NOT THE 89 YEARS OLD

STRUCTURE OF THE WICBC/CWI IS

RELEVANT IN THE 21st Century .

Let me once again state that there exists an abundance of evidence that
clearly demonstrates that the WICBC/CWI must seriously under changes to its Structure .

The problem is that Cameron & Co are Drunk with the power they possess , the Bravo matter is a classic case regarding this ; also Cameron's behaviour in a Radio Studio aptly demonstrates as I have stated that THEY are drunk with the Power they possess .

The WICBC /CWI is not Transparent ;
Accountable ; and has very little
knowledge regarding what is entailed
in Good Governance . This is precisely why it perpetually has disputes with the Players just before
they represent the Region in the International Cricket Arena .

THE WICBC /CWI PERHAPS THINKS THAT IS

A GREAT MOTIVATIONAL TOOL , I HAVE

NEVER HEARD OR READ THAT IT IS A

GREAT MOTIVATIONAL TOOL . WORSE YET

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF THAT

THIS IS TRUE .

I have also stated that the Regional Boards are also in need of serious structural Reforms . When I read that in one Country , members appointed by
those in charge of that Board cannot
be removed if those who appointed them are voted out of Office .

Mr. Rowley you need to seriously look at the structure of the Trinidad & Tobago Cricket Board . Other Prime Ministers in the Region also need to do the same .

Because it is these Boards who send
Representatives to become Members of
the Worst International Cricket Board
in the Commonwealth .

XDFIX 2017-07-15 06:55:43 

Why is Rowley so chowly about cricket when his economy needs fixing and his party's garrison constituncies so lacking

Star 2017-07-15 08:40:40 

In reply to Emir
Redbaron, why the rush to dismantle when Jimmy is beginning to make a difference?

POINT 2017-07-15 15:41:24 

It is fair to ask this salient Question :

WHAT DID THE REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS GET

FOR TAKING TAXPAYERS MONEY TO ASSIST

THE WICBC HOST THE WORLD CUP IN THE

REGION IN 2007 ?????????????????????

Did the WICBC agree to serious Structural changes ?????

Did the WICBC state that it was going
to be Transparent ; Accountable &
adhere to the Principles of Good Governance ???????????

My recollection is that they did not
do one blasted thing . 10 years later
they still cling tightly to their 89 years old Structure despite commissioning several Reports which
they rejected .

XDFIX 2017-07-15 21:23:56 

In reply to POINT

What did voters get for voting for some of these regional governments?

Kay 2017-07-15 22:12:11 

In reply to anandgb

Rowleyu should focus on the governance of the country he was elected to rule. He is not doing a good job so far.

Diversionary tactics man. Rowley is a politician first and foremost...

anandgb 2017-07-15 22:54:47 

In reply to Kay

lol lol lol

POINT 2017-07-15 23:33:16 

In reply to Emir

I agree with your assessment , the fact is that The Regional Boards are also in need of serious Structural
Reforms .

My understanding is that in T&T the
Members of the Board can appoint Persons to various Committees , whose
Term of Office does not run concurrently with the Board .

This means that if the Regular Board members are voted out of Office ; the Persons that Board selected is are still in place if those that selected them are defeated .

If this is true , my take is that this pure B.S . I have been and am a
staunch critic of the Windward Islands Cricket Board & also the Individual Boards in the Windward Islands .

Halliwell 2017-07-16 02:43:54 

In reply to Emir

PM Rowley is taking the lead with talking
Nothing else
Frankly I'm tired with all the posturing

Emir 2017-07-16 10:15:24 

In reply to POINT

Yes you are correct. A group of well qualified and concerned citizens lead by Ganga and Ramnarine has the venal TTCB in court and the matter is coming up soon. By changing the venal DNA of the TTCB, it could well be the catalyst other regional players need in order to end the WICBC.

Emir 2017-07-16 10:23:16 

In reply to Halliwell

You have to understand and appreciate the difficulty he faces from scums like the PM of Antigua and Massa worshipers like the PM of Barbados.

I have called for economic and political sanctions against Antigua for their outright sabotage of CARICOM policy.

POINT 2017-07-16 13:00:02 

It is high time to Drain The Swamp , I therefore applaud PM. Rowley taking the WICBC / CWI to Court .

As the President of Trinidad & Tobago
Prime Minister Rowley has standing to do this . None of the Sycophants in this Forum has ever addressed the fact that the WICBC/CWI have for many years
now Commissioned a Series of Reports
and then completely ignoring the salient recommendations of those Reports dealing with the Structure of the WICBC/CWI .

Most of those Reports that were discarded bt the WICBC/CWI Dealth with the Structure of this 89 years
Entity .

Cameron & Co are shopping for a Committee , that will allow them to carry on Business as Usual . They
are now currently pinning their hopes
on the Wehby Committee .

WE will all be privy to whether the
Wehby Committee has the Testicular Fortitude to defy Emperor Cameron , and agree with all the Other Reports .
In the meantime Prime Minister Rowley
Take the Ungrateful Bums to Court , they relish Governments giving them Taxpayers Money , but they do not want to Restructure their Archaic Structure .