The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The Yardies missed out again

Drapsey 2017-07-15 13:41:46 

26 Most Dangerous Cities in the World

And Kingston/Montego Bay not among them.

bravos 2017-07-15 15:37:32 

In reply to Drapsey

Whew!!

We're child's play bro.. wink

Drapsey 2017-07-15 16:09:46 

In reply to bravos

Seriously though, with Brazil, Mexico, and other South and Central American cities dominating that list of 26, it does cast a shadow on our hemisphere. Is it caused by the too easy access to guns, illiteracy, or just lack of opportunities to better ones self?

Just terrible.

Toney 2017-07-15 19:56:45 

In reply to Drapsey

There is a saying that if it's hegg, Yardies inna de red .Suh how could they disrespect Yardman so much that they name the 26 most dangerous cities and not mention atlas one of our cities among the 26 most dangerous cry

bravos 2017-07-16 01:24:54 

In reply to Drapsey

Yep main underlying factor..

Oh and this is an example of what I was trying to explain to hard head Discourtesy,country per capita rate doesn't and cannot tell the whole story,that's why the USA could be rated as much more dangerous than both yard and T&T and even poor little St.Kitts and Nevis!! Full circle business and de man just won't accept it,as far as he's concerned yard and T&T more dangerous than USA because general per capita rate says so..Pleh!

Courtesy 2017-07-16 09:36:49 

In reply to bravos

W de ass...mate, learn what is per capita and how to use the per capita methodology. From your utterances on this matter you are nothing less than a complete dunce and it is foolhardy to argue the per capita yardstick with me.

Per capita is per capita no matter how you try to twist it. It is used to compare apples to apples...not apples to Irish potatoes.

You cannot compare a city or town in Mexico with Saint Kitts (and that you have done all along). You will be comparing a city with a country. The outcome will be deeply flawed. Per capita is used to level the playing field. There can be many cities in Mexico without a murder. Conversely, will you then compare them with Saint Kitts?

And yes, there are cities in Mexico with astronomical murder rates as compared with Saint Kitts and Bassterre can have murder rates which are much higher when compared with cities in Mexico.

As regards per capita, your country's murder rate is damn high as compared to Mexico. Nothing can change this.

What the above stats do is to compare cities to cities (cohorts to cohorts) which will have a certain amount of skewness.

You cannot compare the neonatal mortality of Port of Spain with the entire neonatal mortality in Saint Lucia. It will be useless to a planner doing a comparative analysis of the two countries' neonatal mortality.

As YES overall, you are more likely yo be murdered in TNT, Jamaica and Saint Lucia than you would in the USA.

I can tell that you don't even have a TABC understanding of statistics.

bravos 11/27/14 9:01:07 PM

It's so unfair that because of its size Mexico isn't on that list,but frigging st kitts and Nevis on it based on twenty something murders a year. On one bridge in Mexico at any given day you can get more than that.

They kill police and soldiers by the scores,judges,lawyers,journalists,politicians etc. that per 100,000 thing doesn't tell the real story. How can 20 incidents of murder in st kitts be greater that tens of thousands in Mexico ?

Most people right here in T&T have never heard a gunshot,witnessed a murder or seen a murdered person/body in real life.

It's just like de discouteous one saying: bravos is the first dumb Trinbagonian I have come across. But this statment is not representative of Trinbago...one bridge in Mexico is not representative of the entire Mexico.

And per your statement:
I was trying to explain to hard head Discourtesy,country per capita rate doesn't and cannot tell the whole story...

That's exactly what the per capita methodology does...it gives a much bigger picture.

bravos 2017-07-16 12:34:48 

In reply to Courtesy

Your rant about city vs country further supports my long standing position,how much deeper you gonna dig yourself?

The UN saw it fit to rate the US much more dangerous than a host of Caribbean countries with much higher general per capita rates,little St kitts with 340 peaceful days a year and a higher rate than even T&T can never be compared to the US and Mexico etc or even T&T for that matter,even though our rates are lower,and clearly and rightly same applies to Jam T&T etc ...we cannot be compared to the wholesale bloodshed and wickedness,people are't stupid and one track minded to conclude everything based on one sterile calculation,we in the retail business,the US and dem does deal wholesale,so the rate would be less ent? HAHAHAHAHAH!

As I did they obviously looked at the crux and the crux tells us that in the Caribbean a few jackasses killing each other for some bad dealing and shit turf by no means compares to the US Mexico et al where a host of sickos from all levels can be your killer for a host of twisted reasons...

I was right you were wrong,ta ta..

Courtesy 2017-07-16 12:51:52 

In reply to bravos
Your rant about city vs country further supports my long standing position,how much deeper you gonna dig yourself?

The UN saw it fit to rate the US much more dangerous than a host of Caribbean countries with much higher general per capita rates,little St kitts with 340 peaceful days a year and a higher rate than even T&T can never be compared to the US and Mexico etc or even T&T for that matter,even though our rates are lower,and clearly and rightly same applies to Jam T&T etc ...we cannot be compared to the wholesale bloodshed and wickedness,people are't stupid and one track minded to conclude everything based on one sterile calculation,we in the retail business,the US and dem does deal wholesale,so the rate would be less ent? HAHAHAHAHAH!

As I did they obviously looked at the crux and the crux tells us that in the Caribbean a few jackasses killing each other for some bad dealing and shit turf by no means compares to the US Mexico et al where a host of sickos from all levels can be your killer for a host of twisted reasons...

I was right you were wrong,ta ta..

Produce the lower per capita rates.

The above only shows how uneducated and dumb you are...please continue exposing your dumb self.

Three years running and you cannot grasp a simple concept.

I am having a good laugh at your expense.

Continue the production of these gems.

lol lol lol

bravos 2017-07-16 13:10:41 

In reply to Courtesy

Your'e one ah dem laff when yuh wrong type,ah know allyuh well..lol

Courtesy 2017-07-16 13:12:39 

In reply to bravos

Your'e one ah dem laff when yuh wrong type,ah know allyuh well..lol

Explain to de wrong one what is per capita and what does the methodology seek to achieve and its uses in a comparative analysis?

When I an educated on per capita and the rest of the question I will quit the discussion.

You dumb ass.

lol lol lol

bravos 2017-07-16 13:15:08 

In reply to Courtesy

Padna right now rain falling on my mountain and wifey warming up below de sheets rel good,I heading inside...later!! would have a per capita sum for you to work out for me later after I personally produce the data....

Courtesy 2017-07-16 13:18:09 

In reply to bravos

Padna right now rain falling on my mountain and wifey warming up below de sheets rel good,I heading inside...later!! would have a per capita sum for you to work out for me later after I personally produce the data....

What about the other parts of the question?

Man, stop doing this mischief to yourself...dumb ass.

Mate, I refrained from calling you dumb ass in 2014 even in the face of verbal abuse and name calling from you...I put it down then to plain and simple ignorance but three years is sufficient time to prove that you are indeed one by refusing to educate yourself.

Cho man!!!!

lol lol lol

NineMiles 2017-07-16 14:56:15 

In reply to Drapsey & bravos

I guess it's congratulations to Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago for not having a city listed in the 26 most dangerous cities in the world! razz

bravos 2017-07-16 15:01:18 

In reply to NineMiles

HEAR HEAR!!!!!! cool cool cool cool

We know hexactly who killing who here and why,but in those places decent people get killed for twisted whims and fancies,even at the f@cking movie premiere!!

bravos 2017-07-16 15:10:26 

In reply to Courtesy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh,yes man meh belly full..

It looked like about 100 ML...see if you could work out the little swimmers per ML and do a comparison and arrive at a per capita rate that would explain everything if you good.

Courtesy 2017-07-16 16:25:57 

In reply to bravos

It looked like about 100 ML...see if you could work out the little swimmers per ML and do a comparison and arrive at a per capita rate that would explain everything if you good.

Give me one more.

Your understanding of per capita is this: 100 layers produce 10 eggs and this is significantly smaller than 22000 layers producing 2000 eggs.

And you ask: How can 10 little murders in Saint Kitts be greater than 2000 murders in Mexico?

Simpleton... but "don't stop at all... I say don't stop at all."

big grin

bravos 2017-07-16 18:41:05 

In reply to Courtesy

lol lol lol lol lol lol

TAKE WIN BOSS!!!