The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Measuring expectations

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-07-17 07:05:24 

It looks like West Indies have a chance now.”
As with many others invigorated at what appears to be the imminent return of Darren Bravo to international duty, a young man with great cricketing aspirations of his own was speaking enthusiastically on Thursday night about the regional team’s prospects in England next month.
It is just the latest manifestation of that yearning for a return to glory ever since the dark clouds rolled in with the watershed triumph of Mark Taylor’s Australians in 1995.
However this undimmed desire for the dawn of another era of sustained Caribbean dominance is such that too much is often read into the very occasional outstanding performance or the even more infrequent major success, wishfully celebrating those moments as if the gloom was being lifted at long last from the West Indian brand of style, panache and ruthless efficiency which remains the diamond standard of cricketing excellence.
From the demolition of India in the lone T20 International at Sabina Park eight days ago to the announcement that Bravo’s exile is over, coupled with hints of a compromise clearing the way for the prominent T20 franchise stars to represent the West Indies across all formats, the growing optimism is palpable.
Which is why a reality check is necessary.

Full Story

POINT 2017-07-17 07:45:31 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

It must be mandatory for the following things to happen for the Region to flourish in International Cricket .

First ALL Cricket Boards in the Region
must undergo Serious Structural changes . An adherence to GOOD GOVERNANCE MUST BE ADHERED .

There Must be Complete & Serious
Structural changes in the 89 years old Structure .

The Mission Statement MUST state in
clear unambiguous language the following :

1. TOTAL TRANSPARENCY

2. TOTAL ADHERENCE TO GOOD GOVERNANCE

3. TOTAL ACCOUNTABILITY .

4. THERE MUST BE IN THE REGION AN

INSTITUTION AKIN TO AN HPC FOR

YOUNG PROMISING PLAYERS .

5. THE FINANCIAL AFFAIRS OF THE WICBC

MUST BE IN THE REGION .

6. PRIOR TO PLAYING INTERNATIONAL

MATCHES OUR PLAYERS MUST HAVE

PROPER CAMPS & WARM UP MATCHES .

I do not have a problem with the Regional Governments helping Financially , provided the Governments have an Oversight Committee to review the actions of the WICBC/CWI . Because , the WICBC
will be getting Taxpayers Money .

For many years the WICBC/CWI has demonstrated that its Members are incapable of Transparency , Good Governance or Accountability .

It all boils down to this in my opinion ; if You want Public Money then YOU must be strictly supervised

However I agree with PM .ROWLEY take
them to Court , there is an abundance of evidence to demonstrate that as
currently structured , the WICBC / CWI is incapable of governing Cricket
in the Region .

It is saddle with an Arrogant person , it refuse to change its Archaic
Structure ; it is as I have stated not Transparent ; Not Accountable ;
and bluntly refuses to adhere to Good
Governance .