The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Game of Thrones: Season 7

Tryangle 2017-07-17 13:13:00 

Great start to the new season.

Arya continues where she left off.

Cersei makes an alliance, but Jamie's not impressed.

Sansa is tired of Littlefinger, but can't dispose of him just yet - meanwhile she and Jon already have a bit of a political tussle. Rats.

And poor Sam. What a rough job.

DAVE400 2017-07-17 13:17:23 

In reply to Tryangle

Fcuk Sam....

GOT has wasted waaaaaaay too many reels of film on him....

Hound...looking like he found redemption...he might come to a brutal but sacrificial end..

Jon Snow... sounding too much like Ned for my liking...

Sansa need to STFU when the king talking...she nee to remember she accountable for most of the sorrows that befell the Starks...

Arya...dais meh gyal....she should put the sword to..

Littlefinger...that arrogant conniving prick...

Cersei gone mad and ain't know it..

Jamie...need to go look for a new woman...Bryenne would do...

Daenerys ...damn...she took a hair stylist on that boatride it seems....

DAVE400 2017-07-17 13:17:49 

But..million dollar question..whatever de fcuk ever happen to Gendry?

SnoopDog 2017-07-17 13:55:20 

In reply to DAVE400

Bryenne would do.

Tormund will slit his throat from ear to ear. lol

Tryangle 2017-07-17 14:28:04 

In reply to DAVE400

Probably took a wrong turn and is stuck in Dorne with the Sand Snakes or something, poor fella

In reply to SnoopDog

Tormund, go get you some. Weird how such a hardcore fella can get all puppy-dog when Brienne is around. Make your move, Red.

I suspect Jamie is truly caught between a rock and a hard place.
He's clearly disappointed/disgusted in what happened in Kings Landing. Pissed that Tommen took his life as a result of it. And pissed that Cersei seems nonchalant at worst about that.
However, he has no other options but to stay the course.
Become KingSlayer Mark II and a kinslayer on top of that? Good lord.
Run and try to join either the Targaryens or the Starks? He'd get executed right away.

I hope Edd at the Wall has sent a raven to Winterfell. Can you imagine a Bran reunion with Sansa and Jon? And what happens if Bran relays his vision of Jon's real parentage?

SnoopDog 2017-07-17 15:27:29 

In reply to Tryangle

Tormund, go get you some. Weird how such a hardcore fella can get all puppy-dog when Brienne is around.

See what patacake can do to a man? lol

Tryangle 2017-07-18 13:57:24 

In reply to SnoopDog

Meanwhile Jamie, has every woman in Westeros throwing themselves at him and he only wants Cersei. She *must* be doing something right.

Of course my mate Bronn, he doesn't say no to anybody. Man I hope the show doesn't kill him off.

Perfect Stag Night/Boys Night Out buddies:
Bronn
Tyrion
Tormund
Yara

SnoopDog 2017-07-18 14:20:20 

In reply to Tryangle

Perfect Stag Night/Boys Night Out buddies: Yara

lol lol lol

She definitely has more balls than Reek. lol

Tryangle 2017-07-18 14:58:25 

In reply to SnoopDog

Kind of weird that all the major cut men are all together now.

Varys
Grey Worm
Theon

Can't recall what parts got sliced off Grey Worm but if I recall, Theon still has his balls but no hose, while Varys has neither balls nor hose.

Either way, probably depressing banter around that table. No talk about "making the 8" in that room.

cricketmygame 2017-07-21 11:54:36 

Sansa is set to give back some of the harshness she received

Tryangle 2017-07-21 12:12:13 

In reply to cricketmygame

Yeah I suppose she may have her own kill list a la Arya.

Ramsey, check.
Joffrey's already dead.
Meryn Trant is dead, although she may not know it.
Which leaves Baelish and Cersei.

DAVE400 2017-07-21 13:58:54 

Sansa and Sam should have a duel...

I think I dislike them more than Baelish.

imusic 2017-07-21 14:15:01 

Sansa is Cersei
Jon Snow is Ned Stark
Arya is the Hound
Tyrion is a mini version of Jamie
Bran is the old man in the tree
Bronn WILL put a hard lash on Brienne. Tormund go jes have to take dat and cool it

DAVE400 2017-07-21 14:30:51 

Such an effing short season this one.

DAVE400 2017-07-21 21:30:57 

Just saw a game of thrones trailer with grey worm and Missandei getting busy...

About time she show some skin....

But...grey worm ain't got a snake...soooo....

confused

imusic 2017-07-22 03:14:36 

In reply to DAVE400

Is a fantasy genre yuh know cool

powen001 2017-07-23 22:00:24 

In reply to DAVE400

you assumed...

big grin

steveo 2017-07-23 22:40:05 

Excellent 2nd episode, brings balance and unpredictability

Grey wormed lashed that fish out big grin big grin

DAVE400 2017-07-24 07:00:11 

Missandei!!!

dale_staple 2017-07-24 10:09:58 

In reply to DAVE400

Dwl

SnoopDog 2017-07-24 10:55:19 

In reply to Tryangle

My boy Greyworm dinning out on some first grade sushi. big grin

DAVE400 2017-07-24 12:01:31 

In reply to dale_staple

About effing time.

dale_staple 2017-07-24 15:59:00 

In reply to DAVE400

Wont this affect his fighting abilities now. He will be er...distracted.

Tryangle 2017-07-25 08:52:41 

Man, I like show Missandei a whole lot better than the book version. It is known.

DAVE400 2017-07-25 08:58:29 

Just feel Jon made a huge miscaculation leaving Winterfell to Sansa with Baelish slithering around in the backdrop...

"you know nothing, Jon Snow"

NineMiles 2017-07-25 09:18:34 

In reply to dale_staple

Wont this affect his fighting abilities now. He will be er...distracted

Grey worm is now sullied! lol

NineMiles 2017-07-25 09:21:09 

In reply to DAVE400

Add to that, Arya returning to Winterfell gon make things interesting. She and Sansa didn't get on as kids!

DAVE400 2017-07-25 11:24:42 

In reply to NineMiles

Sansa cause the downfall of the starks in the first place....she has no judgment.

DukeStreet 2017-07-25 12:26:33 

In reply to DAVE400
The bad part was the killing off of the Sand babes. That was disheartening but a necessary evil removed.

Tryangle 2017-07-25 13:36:51 

In reply to DukeStreet

The herd needed to be culled, and I thought it was obvious that the Sand Snakes had to be taken out of the picture early on. When I saw that Yara was on the boat as well, I had to pause and wonder if Euron (because after all, we knew Euron was going to attack) would knock off not just the Sand Snakes, but his relatives at the same time.

In any event, mission accomplished for a guy who Ramsay Bolton would probably appreciate for his bold dont-give-a-crap attitude. He has Ellaria Sand to take back to Cersei (who will probably be the next meal for Ser Frankenstein). Ellaria likes the kinky stuff but I don't think she's prepared for the Mountain's version. Yara is the icing on the cake.

I'm just happy Olenna wasn't with them. Love Diana Rigg.

In reply to DAVE400

Just feel Jon made a huge miscaculation leaving Winterfell to Sansa with Baelish slithering around in the backdrop...

Baelish may not have been fond of this, but I thought Jon would have been wise to have Littlefinger accompany himself and Davos. Keep him under watch so he doesn't try to undermine the North. And it's not like Jon can leave Davos to advise Sansa, because Sansa has no inclination to heed any advice that Davos can give (she barely knows the guy).

So this could end badly either way. Melisandre has now linked up with Dany, so there's the threat of tension that could dismantle any Jon + Dany unification of forces.

---

The show producers are on form with the ickiness quotient. Last week, it was slop and poop.

This week we went from Sam carving away Jorah's greyscale to random fella digging into a flaky pie crust. Yum.

Oh, hello, Hot Pie. Yes you are indeed a survivor.

imusic 2017-07-25 13:45:38 

In reply to DAVE400

Sansa cause the downfall of the starks in the first place....she has no judgment.

Tell dat to Jon Snow.

She save his ass by bringin een Littlefinger army in de battle against Ramsay.

De Tyrell ole lady done sum up de show.

Essentially...woman tek ova

Tryangle 2017-07-25 14:54:31 

In reply to imusic

De Tyrell ole lady done sum up de show.

For real. Be a dragon.

Arya headed north.
Tormund about to head to the Wall.
Jon headed south.
I don't know if Bran will stay put but I don't think his greenseer abilities can keep the Night King's troops at bay.
And of course Beric and the Hound are in the mix, likely headed north.

SnoopDog 2017-07-25 15:03:28 

In reply to Tryangle

Am I the only one that wants the White Walkers to wipe out all the scheming back stabbing disloyal corrupt arseholes in Westeros? lol

Go Knight King! Do yuh ting Bro. cool

dale_staple 2017-07-25 17:50:51 

In reply to SnoopDog

What if the Night King gets to westeros with his army, looks at Dany and the dragons just says "hi!" giggles and runs back north with his army? Wouldnt that be the best ever ending for this series.

DukeStreet 2017-07-25 20:50:26 

In reply to SnoopDog
The White Walkers will freeze the river near The Wall, walk around it and dig up and resurrect a dead dragon in the process. Ice daggers in dem pum pum soon.

lol

DAVE400 2017-07-25 23:14:50 

In reply to Tryangle

Nah...jon could not carry baelish...he would have to sleep with eyes open...

Want to see baelish and vardis rib each other again though..

MY favorite scenes was a spy v spy banter between those two...

Now is Missandei getting chewed up...

razz

Tryangle 2017-07-26 09:49:19 

In reply to DAVE400

Good on Grey Worm for making sure Missandei 'got hers'. Don't know if he's able to get off (or if he desires to) but hey, he likes the gal (and who can blame him?) so do your thing buddy, especially when you're about to head off to the other side of the country.

I told my missus last night that if they were ever going to show a eunuch's parts, it would be then - it's HBO after all. But alas they kept people guessing on the twigs and berries (I'm guessing it's just a stump).

All Jon needs to secure his safety with Baelish is Ghost by his bedside. Probably not in the CGI budget though, they used enough on Nymeria last episode.

Love the suggestion of the Night King resurrecting an ice dragon. Damn that would be fun.

SnoopDog, that would be great. Then it would have a post credits teaser of Edmure Tully stuck in a dungeon cell wondering where everybody is.

SnoopDog 2017-07-26 11:18:18 

In reply to Tryangle

SnoopDog, that would be great. Then it would have a post credits teaser of Edmure Tully stuck in a dungeon cell wondering where everybody is.

Don't forget Gendry. Still rowing his boat for all eternity. lol

Tryangle 2017-07-26 12:24:27 

In reply to SnoopDog

Shoot, yes. That would be even better. Still paddling.

SnoopDog 2017-07-26 13:16:58 

In reply to Tryangle

There is a theory that Gendry is Azor Ahai, and that it will be him on the iron throne after all the carnage of the wars have ended. big grin

NineMiles 2017-07-26 16:47:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

There is a theory that Gendry is Azor Ahai,

You're bringing in characters I'm not familiar with.

Did not watch Game of Thrones until early this year when my son convinced me to check it out just because I was watching The Last Kingdom. So I binged on Game of Thrones watching all 60 episodes in about 2-3 weeks. Hooked now!

Tryangle 2017-07-27 10:03:42 

In reply to NineMiles

Nice, mate. Welcome to the legion of fans. What was the most "WTF" moment for you in the series, Nines?

NineMiles 2017-07-27 10:58:00 

In reply to Tryangle

When Ed Stark got his head chopped off... then realised nothing is certain in this series and anything is possible!

Actually thought Arya was going to be meal for dem wolves on Monday! lol

NineMiles 2017-07-27 11:04:18 

In reply to Tryangle

Followed by Stannis Baratheon burning his own daughter at the stake...dat was facking disturbing!

Tryangle 2017-07-27 12:00:12 

In reply to NineMiles

When Ed Stark got his head chopped off...

As Sean Bean was arguably the most well known actor, it had to be a huge shock to TV viewers that they *went there*.
It was even more shocking in the books if you can believe that. Ned was such a point-of-focus character in the first book, readers were invested in his fortunes. And just when we thought there was an opportunity to get out of a bad spot, whack. The TV series did a great job of paralleling the first two books.

Between Renly's death, the Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding, Oberyn's death, Tywin's death, Littlefinger killing his bride, Theon getting Reeked, Sansa married off and raped, Snow getting stabbed, pool ol' Hodor, and Cersei blowing half the city up, no shortage of big moments to pick from in the show.

All that and not even a word on Arya or Dany, heh.

steveo 2017-07-27 12:26:25 

In reply to Tryangle

Oberyn's death

Oberyn obviously did not see Good, Bad and the Ugly

Trinidave 2017-07-27 15:06:17 

So in Episode 2 of Season 7, anyone noticed Cersei going on about de Mad King, and how he was so crazy dat he burned people alive?

Really Cersei, yuh wanna go there?

Trinidave 2017-07-27 15:07:22 

Oh -- And TriniD now realize why Grey Worm is always so quiet and hardly speaks. De man saving his tongue fuh bigger and better tings.

big grin big grin big grin

imusic 2017-07-27 15:29:49 

In reply to Trinidave

Shocked.

You actually caught up? cool

cricketmygame 2017-07-27 15:39:19 

In reply to Trinidave

grey worm

Trinidave 2017-07-27 15:43:23 

In reply to imusic

You actually caught up

Allyuh doh phorquene forget nah!....

big grin big grin

Trinidave 2017-07-27 15:43:55 

grey worm

Corrected.

imusic 2017-07-27 15:51:54 

In reply to Trinidave

Eedah wifey lapsin

Or.......... cool

Tryangle 2017-07-27 16:08:29 

In reply to Trinidave

Oh -- And TriniD now realize why Grey Worm is always so quiet and hardly speaks. De man saving his tongue fuh bigger and better tings.

Grey Worm and Jon Snow have a lot in common even though they've never met.

cricketmygame 2017-07-31 10:26:13 

Fire and Ice

DAVE400 2017-07-31 10:54:35 

[b]Most hated GOT character...my nominees:
[/b]
Baelish
Joffrey
Ramsey
This new Greyjoy dude
Cersei

Most pathetic

Sam
Young Sansa
Ser Jora

Most Charismatic

Bron
Tyrion
Margeley
Oberon

DAVE400 2017-07-31 10:55:45 

Funny thing last night episode... both Cersei and Daenerys referred to themselves as Queen of the seven kingdoms.

SnoopDog 2017-07-31 11:17:53 

In reply to DAVE400

Most pathetic

Theon Greyjoy goes to the top of that list Bro.

DAVE400 2017-07-31 11:38:40 

In reply to SnoopDog

Damn...how i forget he? lol

DAVE400 2017-07-31 11:39:42 

and Walder Frey can make the hated list...as well as that fella who used to screw his daughters and kill their boy children...

johndom90 2017-07-31 11:43:53 

In reply to DAVE400

Charismatic....

The man with no face. A damn mysterious dude.

SnoopDog 2017-07-31 11:46:40 

In reply to DAVE400

Damn...how i forget he? lol

It's amazing he's still alive. lol

Tryangle 2017-07-31 11:51:16 

In reply to SnoopDog

Theon's PTSD clearly is going to be stuck with him the rest of the series.

The Ironborn who rescued him clearly think he's lower than low for abandoning Yara. It would've been a fool's errand to challenge Euron, but he'd have gotten posthumous respect for it.

Well this episode, the chess pieces were definitely in motion.

Jon meets Dany. Bwam.

Missandei, clearly still feeling the afterglow, is brimming with confidence. Poor Davos tries some light hearted talk and she's all about showing off the dragons.

Which led to a really interesting powwow between Jon and Davos, and Dany and Tyrion. Dany came across as Queen Bitch there, but Jon remained unbent and unbowed (hey that's the House Martell motto... more on them later).

In the end, perhaps aided by the words of both Tyrion *and* Varys, Dany relents and lets Jon get his obsidian.

Interestingly enough, Melisandre put a scare into Varys. Very rare occurrence indeed.

Cersei is the big winner this episode. Got a particularly evil form of revenge on Ellaria (as predicted). Then got sweet loving time with Jamie. And appears to have gotten into the Iron Bank's good graces.

I'm surprised Baelish hasn't subtly threatened to abandon Winterfell with his Vale soldiers yet, Sansa is clearly not going to be his willing pawn.

I think Sansa's the second place winner last episode. Another sibling reunion. And I wonder if Sansa is eager to get behind Bran ruling Winterfell since she and Jon clearly have differences. Bran for his part wants no part of it, but he's still being a bit cryptic.

Sam cured Jorah!

And now he gets to do some data entry.

Tyrion's been out-maneuvered by Jamie as far as the battles have been concerned. The Lannisters abandoned Casterly Rock, isolated the Unsullied troops with help from the Greyjoys, and stormed the Tyrell seat of power.

Alas, Olenna Tyrell stole the last scene and even in defeat, got the last dig in. A good innings under tough circumstances, Diana Rigg.

imusic 2017-07-31 11:52:14 

In reply to SnoopDog

It's amazing he's still alive.

He's one of the Stark children...even though not by blood

The show is all about them

SnoopDog 2017-07-31 11:56:38 

In reply to imusic

He's one of the Stark children...even though not by blood

The show is all about them

Well Robb and Rickon weren't spared. But Theon was only a ward under Ned. It's hard to imagine Theon's role in the grand scheme of things. He's a broken man with no courage, no power, no respect, and barely a highborn title left.

imusic 2017-07-31 12:11:09 

In reply to SnoopDog

It was hard to envision Sansa's role (other than weakling and self absorbed) at first for many people as well

SnoopDog 2017-07-31 12:27:56 

In reply to imusic

That was early on in the show. Sansa was a child who still a member of a powerful noble highborn family. I think most people who read the books and watch the show knew she was going to grow up and be a person to be reckoned with at some point in time.

Theon on the other hand is the very picture of a worthless person/character. I thought he had fulfilled his usefulness after he helped Sansa escape from Ramsay. I don't really see what purpose he still has on the show.

I wish they would just kill him and put him out of his misery. Poor guy.

DAVE400 2017-07-31 12:36:53 

In reply to johndom90

Hagar or something like that...yeah...liked him

Tryangle 2017-07-31 13:56:27 

In reply to SnoopDog

Theon on the other hand is the very picture of a worthless person/character. I thought he had fulfilled his usefulness after he helped Sansa escape from Ramsay. I don't really see what purpose he still has on the show.

I think the show runners have a different idea on how to close Theon's redemption arc, than the books. The whole Winterfell saga is completely different in the books than the show. Having Theon go with Yara must be portending to a showdown with Euron as opposed to the books suggesting the showdown will be Yara (Asha) vs Euron.

And that the actor, Alfie Allen, portrays the character very well. Possibly the best of the 20-something actors in that group.

SnoopDog 2017-07-31 14:22:28 

In reply to Tryangle

Look what the show runners have done to the Dorne storyline. Fcuking butchered it beyond belief.

I still think they have no idea what to do with poor Theon. lol

Trinidave 2017-07-31 15:53:18 

Few little-mentioned nuggets from the latest “Game of Thrones” . SPOILERS – so READERS BEWARE.

1) Jon Snow needs a new Hype Man. After Missandei went on for about 20 minutes in real tv-time, introducing Daenerys, Queen of every living thing, my man Davos…. “Errr… this is Jon Snow.” C’Mon son!

2) Someone needs to tell Bran Stark that no good story every begins with, “It was a beautiful night, the snow was falling… …when you were raped.”

3) I’m struggling to understand why Maesters are held in such high regard. “OMG Tully, that was amazing, how did you heal him. Really HOW??? Are you a member of House Amazing?” Tully – “Errr, I read the book and followed the instructions.”

Tryangle 2017-07-31 16:11:33 

In reply to Trinidave

lol lol lol

I think Davos was brilliant. Made a bit of a mockery of Dany's multitude of superfluous titles.

I suppose with the Tyrells now eliminated and the Martells/Sands out of the picture, Tarly will easily claim Warden of the South. Nice job I guess, the best weather, the best vineyards, too bad all the Highgarden gold is going to be given to the Iron Bank.

I feel for Grey Worm and the Unsullied. They probably don't have any food reserves, and probably don't have anyone that knows how to send a raven out for help. Do they hunker down, or does Grey Worm have a Plan B to head towards either Highgarden, the Riverlands or the Crossroads?

Trinidave 2017-07-31 16:39:03 

In reply to Tryangle

Right now Cersei playing chess, and everyone else playing checkers. And like TriniD hear someone else say, "Cersei making masterful war plans with her brother's nutt on her breath."

steveo 2017-07-31 16:39:44 

2) Someone needs to tell Bran Stark that no good story every begins with, “It was a beautiful night, the snow was falling… …when you were raped.”

Where is your GOOD rape story?? lol lol

powen001 2017-07-31 17:50:56 

In reply to Trinidave

J

on Snow needs a new Hype Man. After Missandei went on for about 20 minutes in real tv-time, introducing Daenerys, Queen of every living thing, my man Davos…. “Errr… this is Jon Snow.” C’Mon son!
lol lol lol lol

THis one had me laughing long after the scene ended!! big grin

powen001 2017-07-31 17:52:11 

In reply to Trinidave

Daenerys will become the Dragon based on the cuts for next week...no more clever plans she said .

steveo 2017-07-31 19:54:41 

In reply to powen001

Prediction: a dragon or two will die before season out.

powen001 2017-07-31 21:59:06 

In reply to steveo

yeah...have to keep it interesting..and Cersei must think she can win ent?

I wonder how Cersei will die?

steveo 2017-07-31 22:03:25 

In reply to powen001

King slayer or arya is my bet

powen001 2017-07-31 22:17:05 

In reply to steveo

yup...my thinking too.

Trinidave 2017-07-31 22:35:43 

In reply to powen001

Those dragons better learn how to zig zag. Or else they'll be going out like Rickon.

DAVE400 2017-08-01 10:11:51 

In reply to Trinidave

Man, I think someone needs to start a database of how GOT characters died...I losing track..

Tryangle 2017-08-01 10:42:42 

In reply to steveo

Prediction: a dragon or two will die before season out.

that's what they call Chekov's Gun, there. They wouldn't show Qyburn revealing that ballista if it wasn't going to have an impact down the line.

In reply to DAVE400

Man, I think someone needs to start a database of how GOT characters died...I losing track..

How? or How many?
If it's "how", we've seen people beheaded, killed by molten gold, stabbed, disemboweled, burned, torched by wildfire, stabbed by shadows, skull-crushed, poisoned, throat-slit, succumbed to dragonfire, smothered in their sleep, hanged. I'm sure there were a few drownings there as well.

As for how many, good lord. I could give you a list but it's lengthy, and that's just the main characters smile

SnoopDog 2017-08-01 10:56:04 

In reply to Tryangle

that's what they call Chekov's Gun, there. They wouldn't show Qyburn revealing that ballista if it wasn't going to have an impact down the line.

Did they steal that idea from J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit"? It certainly appears so. big grin

SnoopDog 2017-08-01 10:56:49 

In reply to Tryangle

As for how many, good lord. I could give you a list but it's lengthy, and that's just the main characters

And yet Theon still lives. lol

Tryangle 2017-08-01 12:24:36 

In reply to SnoopDog

As the Hound says, if their god was just, then people like Dondarrion would be dead and that farmer's girl would be alive.

Some people like Robin Arryn are totally useless, but live. Monsters like Gregor Clegane, still thriving.

Then you have total innocents like Trystane Martell, Shireen Baratheon, Dany's old handmaiden Irri. Destroyed by the Game.

imusic 2017-08-01 13:47:09 

In reply to Tryangle

Allyuh intimacy and familiarity with remembering all dem characters, dey names, spellin, how dey dead and live etc es muy impressive.

Tryangle 2017-08-01 14:50:43 

In reply to imusic

Thanks, but then again I started reading the books like over a decade ago.

I guess it's like when people can recite the song lyrics to their favourite groups.

Or, since we're on a cricket board, know all manner of cricket nuances and players and stuff smile

DukeStreet 2017-08-01 15:57:19 

In reply to Tryangle

So allyuh sure de ole lady dead, rite?
I mean, they do have antidotes for the poison and such.
Did not read the book but just saying since Jaime just up and left her in that room.

NineMiles 2017-08-01 16:03:26 

In reply to DukeStreet

We'll find out next week... be patient! cool

Tryangle 2017-08-01 16:21:32 

In reply to DukeStreet

Yeah, but I'd like to think Jamie would have his Lannister guards keep an eye on her from time to time

And as for what's in the books, the TV show has long ago surpassed the books. Damn George Martin going to live off the hog off HBO money and not worry about finishing off the series.

Trinidave 2017-08-02 14:57:29 

Loose ends...

What ever happened to King Robert's horn child. De boy who sailed off on de row boat, after he got polished by Melisandre?

DAVE400 2017-08-02 15:11:11 

In reply to Trinidave

One of my big criticisms of the series is way too many sub-plots, some that went nowhere, served little purpose and some just gawn AWOL...Gendry classic example...

Till now I not sure what effing purpose Jorah has served in this whole thing other than to constantly grovel for piece of Daenerys...

SnoopDog 2017-08-02 15:13:28 

In reply to DAVE400

way too many sub-plots, some that went nowhere, served little purpose and some just gawn AWOL.

Dorne. cool

imusic 2017-08-02 15:20:30 

In reply to DAVE400

Yuh see Bron fightin wit Jamie Lannister against de unsullied....minus one?

Tryangle 2017-08-02 15:38:59 

In reply to SnoopDog

way too many sub-plots, some that went nowhere, served little purpose and some just gawn AWOL.

One of the major problems with a televised adaptation of such an epic series is that you have to trim for TV time. Sometimes it works. For example, they turned Sansa's Vale time in the books into having her go to Winterfell. Or, they cut out the Jon Connington arc in the books entirely. These worked for show expediency (even if it's kind of screwed up Sansa's character).

Sometimes, such as the Dorne arc, it doesn't come across with any satisfaction. Or Euron's late insertion into the plot. They couldn't ignore Dorne entirely, but they made the Sand Snakes into cliches and Doran Martell ineffective

And then there are those that we really just don't know at this time, such as the Brotherhood without Banners. In the books, Brienne encounters them. Here, it's the Hound.

steveo 2017-08-03 12:56:13 

There is a leaked plot of episode 4 on the net...

I can wait till sundad, but I am sure some cant resist

NineMiles 2017-08-04 18:37:10 

In reply to Tryangle

Spoiler Alert, Spoiler Alert!

Episode 4 has been leaked and I've just finished watching it....and all I will say is, it is goooooooodddd!

WOW lol lol

steveo 2017-08-06 19:02:13 

Guys, guys its going to be on tonight....

Its gonna be great...I saw it already, I had problem sleeping and watched it late one night, the leak.

I am watching it again though, just to see the preview for next week.

powen001 2017-08-06 23:20:52 

In reply to steveo

YUP!!

lololol

Man..that was ACTION!!!! big grin big grin

DAVE400 2017-08-06 23:21:37 

Show boy!!!

One of the wickedest battle scene ever...they captured that hellish effect superbly...

Damn...last great battle scene I was was the one when they fought the undead and they drifted away slowly on the still lake...

Tryangle 2017-08-07 08:50:16 

Good lord.

Of course, my first thought was how the hell did those Dothraki get from Dragonstone to deep within the mainland so quickly?

So I had to put the reality of ground and sea travel aside yet again (heck if Varys and Euron can do it, why not Dany's crew).

The big confrontation deserves its own post, but in other news...

Baelish gives his dagger to Bran. Littlefinger is clearly seeing in his mind a plot to have Bran take over Winterfell and be beholden to Baelish. Of course he doesn't know that Bran has mentally checked out of his Stark-hood.

Poor Meera. She went through a hell of a lot, and for what. Damn she deserves better, but Bran doesn't even know how to feel sympathy anymore. He's gone full Doctor Manhattan on us. Hope she's able to come out of this in better spirits somehow.

All this to bring the next Stark reunion. Arya has gone full badass, yet still goes into little sister mode with Sansa. Nice.

Bran hands off the dagger to Arya. Let the plot theories begin.

And then, after Podrick eats even more tundra and moss, Arya gets to show her skills to Brienne. For some reason Sansa looked concerned. As for Baelish, he had to have been bewildered at the whole development.

I love the continued interplay between Davos and Missandei. Just seems so natural, and not shoehorned in to give the lovely Nathalie Emmanuel something to do.

Jon and Dany in the Cave of Wonders. I kept thinking that at some point Dany was going to suggest a marriage alliance, then she again went to the bend the knee thing. She is just cold.

Jon would have been more than entitled to clock Theon in the face, honestly.

powen001 2017-08-07 09:01:06 

In reply to Tryangle

Jon must bend the knee before she bends hers...

I hope he does so they both win big grin

DAVE400 2017-08-07 09:16:15 

In reply to Tryangle

You missed Bran's statement of "Chaos is a ladder"....he definitely reading minds and seeing everything...recall it was Baelish who uttered those words...

I want to see Baelish get it worse than Ramsey...

steveo 2017-08-07 09:57:04 

In reply to DAVE400

You missed Bran's statement of "Chaos is a ladder"....he definitely reading minds and seeing everything...recall it was Baelish who uttered those words...

I am not sure if reading minds is part of his repertoire, but he knows almost everything that Baelish has done. In the books, the ability to see ALL past events is more fleshed out.

Man that episode, Bron and Jamie had their fair share of cat lives. I am thinking the guy that saved Jamie is Jorah making his entrance, knowing Jamie is worth more alive than dead.

Sansa looks awestruck at Arya's abilities, I wonder how she would react knowing she killed those guys, baked them in a pie and fed them to their daddy.

Arya is going to do something major with that dagger.

DAVE400 2017-08-07 10:24:31 

In reply to steveo

I thought it was Bron who saved Jaimie....

This episode was the first time I saw Bron looked ruffled...usually he is ultra-cool...they should make him smoke a spliff in one of the episodes...

Tryangle 2017-08-07 10:51:33 

In reply to DAVE400

I was debating with my wife if Bronn was going to bite it this episode. Again, he's usually a cool cat. I said, no way is he gonna fall to some unnamed Dothraki.

Sure enough he escaped.

Then he went to the ballista. Then for the first time I had doubts. Would he get himself torched? Or would he be a dragon slayer? Remember it was his skill in S2 that set off the wildfire in Blackwater Bay.

Who lives, Bronn or Drogon?

Looks like Drogon has at least been rendered earthbound for a while.

Good spot DAVE400 on the Bran and Baelish dialogue.

DAVE400 2017-08-07 11:05:16 

On a serious note, I want a map of the seven kingdoms and I need to see where all those wormholes located...on one minute they on the beach discussing whether the queen should burn them...next minute they within pissing distance of Jaime and his army...

DAVE400 2017-08-07 11:13:29 

In reply to Tryangle

I am guessing you post on this forum....a riot!

Tryangle 2017-08-07 11:14:32 

In reply to DAVE400

Exactly. The only thing that makes sense is Varys has some kind of teleporting pads.

He used them to get from King's Landing to Pentos, from Meereen to Dorne and back, and clearly shared the technology with Dany's khalasar. Watch next week when Grey Worm shows up to meet up with Tyrion and crew.

And when Varys fled King's Landing, Qyburn must have discovered it and used it to ferry Euron all over the place, and of course send his men to hire the Golden Company from last episode.

TV magic is something else.

Tryangle 2017-08-07 11:17:30 

In reply to DAVE400

Lol - I wish. I don't have *that* kind of time, but speculation is fun and it's a heck of a book series and TV show.

DAVE400 2017-08-07 11:24:05 

In reply to Tryangle

Listen, the entertainment value of GOT makes up for the tons of plot holes and illogical events..

Still beating up on the teleporting...but did you notice Tyrion was casually strolling to the battle...didn't even see him on a horse...I was off the notion that they needed to cross seas too.

Tryangle 2017-08-07 11:33:13 

In reply to DAVE400

Highgarden is pretty far west of King's Landing, and even assuming that Jamie's crew has trekked to a point where KL is not far away, it's still a way from Dragonstone by both land and sea.

They probably give Tyrion the hobbit treatment and have him ride in tandem on one of the bigger horses. Nice that they gave him a full set of bodyguards.

dale_staple 2017-08-07 11:48:16 

In reply to DAVE400

Remember...times moves in a none linear way in the show. So what happens from one scene to the next could take place over weeks or months but we just get to see it back to back. Like between when they had the convo at dragon stone and several things happened.

steveo 2017-08-07 11:55:51 

In reply to DAVE400

I thought it was Bron who saved Jorah....

It may be, or Dickon, but Jorah needs an entrance and that would be a cool one

steveo 2017-08-07 11:58:25 

In reply to dale_staple

Remember...times moves in a none linear way in the show. So what happens from one scene to the next could take place over weeks or months but we just get to see it back to back. Like between when they had the convo at dragon stone and several things happened.

Yeah, it would take 5 seasons more if they had to fill in all the journeys. The first couple seasons was all journey, and people were bitching about WHEN they were gonna get the payoff. People are hard to please.

Tryangle 2017-08-07 11:59:50 

In reply to dale_staple

Cersei told the Iron Bank fella to wait a fortnight and he'd have his gold, so yeah that's one example of throwing some exposition to indicate the passage of time.

So a week for Jamie and the Tarly crew to ride to Highgarden and sack the place (as well as Euron sailing to Casterly Rock to dismantle the Unsullied's ships). And one week to bring the loot back, more or less.

Which means we can assume that a little more than a week passed between Snow arriving at Dragonstone and Dany receiving news of Highgarden's fall and the stranding of Grey Worm's crew.

Which also means that probably both the Unsullied and the Tyrells managed to get a raven to send to Dragonstone.

So *maybe* that allows for the Dothraki to get over there in say 3/4 days.

DAVE400 2017-08-07 12:07:26 

BTW, Arya's list:

Joffrey Baratheon - Dead former king and all around asshat.
Cersei Lannister - Mother of Joffrey and overall manipulative bitch.
Walder Frey - Betrayer of Robb and orchestrated the murder of Robb & Catelyn.
Meryn Trant - Member of the Kingsguard whom Arya blames for the death of Syrio Forel
Tywin Lannister - Head of house Lannister, father of Cersei and Jaime.
Mellisandre (the Red Woman) - Stannis' influential cohort, wanted to kill Gendry for blood magic.
Beric Dondarrion - Leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners, sold Gendry out to Mellisandre.
Thoros of Myr - Member of the Brotherhood Without Banners, sold Gendry out to Mellisandre.
Ilyn Payne - Executioner ("King's Justice") who beheaded Ned Stark.
Gregor Clegane (The Mountain) - Knight who works for house Lannister.
Sandor Clegane (The Hound) - Former servant of house Lannister.

DukeStreet 2017-08-07 12:30:30 

In reply to DAVE400
After she finds out that Little Finger was involved in her father's death, he might also be added to the list.

birdseye 2017-08-07 14:57:31 

Game of Thrones – what is it about this show that has so many captives? I have not seen two minutes of it… My wife got hooked on house of cards – I watched a couple episodes and I can see why ---- all the political intrigue

steveo 2017-08-07 15:13:40 

In reply to birdseye

Game of Thrones – what is it about this show that has so many captives? I have not seen two minutes of it… My wife got hooked on house of cards – I watched a couple episodes and I can see why ---- all the political intrigue

Game of thrones deals not only with dragons and wraiths, but it tries to be a mirror of the human condition.

I have seen a couple episodes of House of Cards, it is very good. However, I cant get behind such corruption and egotism. The guy is an extreme deviant, having threesome with his wife and random men. Not my thing.

My last great show was Breaking Bad. Now that sh!t was da bomb.

birdseye 2017-08-07 15:19:50 

In reply to steveo

The guy is an extreme deviant, having threesome with his wife and random men. Not my thing.
I heard about that – ah well --- art imitating real life ----

My last great show was Breaking Bad.
I never even heard of that one – what’s the theme?

NineMiles 2017-08-07 15:23:58 

In reply to steveo

The guy is an extreme deviant, having threesome with his wife and random men. Not my thing.

but twins committing incest and bearing 3 children is your thing?? lol

steveo 2017-08-07 15:25:12 

In reply to NineMiles

but twins committing incest and bearing 3 children is your thing??

It happens bro. Its part of our history. Not so long ago that inbreeding was the tradition of the british monarchy.

steveo 2017-08-07 15:25:52 

In reply to birdseye

I never even heard of that one – what’s the theme?

Google it

NineMiles 2017-08-07 15:28:35 

In reply to steveo

It happens bro. Its part of our history.

So it's your ting then?? razz

steveo 2017-08-07 15:29:24 

In reply to NineMiles

Yes, yes, its my thing.

NineMiles 2017-08-07 15:30:44 

In reply to steveo

Ok, thanks for sharing! lol

birdseye 2017-08-07 15:33:46 

In reply to steveo

Breaking Bad is an American neo-western crime drama
----- interesting – I do enjoy that movie genre – will explore - thanks

steveo 2017-08-07 15:38:02 

In reply to birdseye

I cannot believe you have not heard about Breaking Bad...

Tryangle 2017-08-07 16:03:09 

In reply to birdseye

One of the biggest draws of Game of Thrones was the political machinations. Then a bunch of people got ticked off that elements of fantasy showed up in a series based on the fantasy genre smile rolleyes

S1, we saw the Lannisters maneuver all around the Starks, the Baratheons made their play, then you had the Greyjoys, Tyrells, etc, all moving around like chess pieces.

As for fandom, to each their own. Every series has those who aren't interested. I only started watching Walking Dead a couple years ago, but haven't watched since shortly after the Negan age started. Have never watched Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men. Only a bit of House of Cards and only just started watching a bit of Vikings.

Trinidave 2017-08-07 16:43:34 

In reply to NineMiles

but twins committing incest and bearing 3 children is your thing?? lol

Bruh! You can't make this ish up.

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

powen001 2017-08-08 16:33:59 

In reply to birdseye

I watched Breaking Bad from season 1 through to 5 sometime last year...maaaaaann

that was a series!!! big grin big grin

it will suck you in and keep you prisoner...get coffee and tell the wife no bidness till you finish..

#Binge! lol

powen001 2017-08-08 16:35:44 

In reply to Tryangle

Mad Men is good too!!

Shows you WHERE Trump came from big grin

It really is a good series too...loved it. big grin

cricketmygame 2017-08-08 16:36:59 

In reply to Tryangle

One of the biggest draws of Game of Thrones was the political machinations.

BS

Lots of Nudity followed with Violence and the sheer WOW factor is what makes this show what it is

cricketmygame 2017-08-08 16:38:34 

The Wire

Aidan Gillen - Littlefinger is in there in the later season

the realest show ever

imusic 2017-08-08 16:55:05 

The Wire

Remains my favorite

But Breaking Bad and GOT are amazing series as well

Rank the GOT episodes:

I still have The Red Wedding as my #1
Followed by Battle of the Bastards and this last Episode as a tie

But the very first "shocker" for me was when Jamie threw Bran off the window ledge. There'll be a reckoning for that I gather

And then after that....Ned Stark's beheading. WTF?

NineMiles 2017-08-08 16:55:07 

Hackers who have leaked Game of Thrones scripts and other data from entertainment company HBO have released a note demanding a ransom payment.
In a new dump, they also published a script for the as yet unbroadcast fifth episode of the current series.
Company documents and video episodes of other HBO shows were also shared.
The hackers claim to have 1.5TB of data in total, but HBO has said it does not believe its email system has been compromised.

Game of Thrones hackers demand ransom

cricketmygame 2017-08-08 17:12:58 

In reply to imusic

after the red wedding I was wondering how the show would find a context to continue

Trinidave 2017-08-08 18:17:11 

In reply to imusic

Rank the GOT episodes:

I still have The Red Wedding as my #1
Followed by Battle of the Bastards and this last Episode as a tie

Battle of the Bastards is TriniD's numero uno.

Favorite scenes tho... hmmm... in no particular order.

1) That scene in Battle of the Bastards, when Snow stood up with sword, with the hordes of horsemen rushing in, ... ....den ting start.

2) How "Hold The Door" because "Hodor" .... effin brilliant.

3) Red Wedding scene when the Starks lost Mamma, Son, daughter in law, baby in belly...

4) Jamie and Bron seeing Daenerys on the Dragon and realize some serious 'ish is about to go down.

5) Jeoffrey puffing up like a blow fish.

imusic 2017-08-08 18:34:10 

In reply to Trinidave

Ramsey getting his? Going from Master to Purina in a single bound?

Meryn Trant getting his? He killed her sword mentor. She stab him in the eyes and then...well....stabbed him some more.

THIS IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST SCENES

DAVE400 2017-08-08 19:03:04 

boy the battle with the undead on the lake is still my fave....

dale_staple 2017-08-08 19:53:24 

In reply to DAVE400

Red wedding is 1st...just for the sheer shock value of it.

Battle of the bastards was next. Liked the part when john was suffocating under the dead bodies and then the soldiers of the vale came and bailed them out.

The Holdor scene was quite sad.

This last episode was also very very good.

DAVE400 2017-08-08 21:23:31 

Shakespearean exchange between Varis and littlefcuker

Love the deliveries!

Tryangle 2017-08-09 09:47:20 

Wrong. Maybe in your circles, people were loving the boobs and didn't care about how Tyrion was testing Littlefinger, Pycelle and Varys, for example.

If it was purely about nudity and violence then series like Rome would still be ongoing.

But to each their own.

Trinidave I'd have thought you'd rank the Hardhomme battle in your list there. Wildlings and Snow and Night's Watch (and one big giant) vs the Undead and the White Walkers. That was some brutal stuff.

powen001 2017-08-14 00:22:04 

ahm...was gonna post but just remembered the guys 3 hours behind...lol

ok..

Ill hold until morning.

enjoy big grin

steveo 2017-08-14 08:33:36 

That episode was quite a speed run.

I am really looking forward to the wild bunch behind the wall next episode.

Arya vs Littlefcuker is very interesting, also the ambitions of Lady Stark.

Cersi intending to exploit the situation(the destruction of mankind) for her personal gain.

Great setup episode. By great I mean, them managing to setup all that stuff in such little time.

At this rate I wonder if any story will be left for season 8.

Tryangle 2017-08-14 09:38:02 

In reply to steveo

Qyburn's birds are in full force, and now I'm scared that Bronn may have been killed off. Somehow Tyrion was able to get Bronn to set up that secret meeting with Jamie, but Qyburn's birds caught wind of it.

Cersei's full out loco. And Jamie realizes it, but he can't do anything about it.

Another big family bites the dust. Randyll Tarly is a stubborn old coot. A treacherous old coot, but still. And got his son roasted as well. Ah well. "Honour". lol

Davos must have been reading the message boards. He finds our favourite weapons-smith and tells him his thoughts.

All this to bring about a major conjecture of meetings. Good lord what a crew.
Jon Snow
Jorah Mormont
Tormund Giantsbane
Beric Dondarrion
Thoros of Myr
Sandor Clegane
Gendry

Some heavy hitters there. And almost certainly, one or more of them will fall next episode. Place your bets. (me, I'm going with Beric and Tormund)

Meanwhile at Winterfell, the honeymoon period between Sansa and Arya is over. So Arya tries to play Spy vs Spy. And of course, Littlefinger is spying right back. What is Baelish scheming?

Sam, good for him. He's had enough of all the hemming and hawing at Oldtown and is getting out of there (with documents to boot), unaware that he's the rightful lord of House Tarly now.

steveo 2017-08-14 09:56:06 

In reply to Tryangle

Sam, good for him. He's had enough of all the hemming and hawing at Oldtown and is getting out of there (with documents to boot), unaware that he's the rightful lord of House Tarly now.

One of my favorite characters on the show. Way to go sam and grow some big heavy ones.

Little finger is manufacturing a problem between the sisters. I just saw the contents of the message this morning.

Also, notice it is 7 of them venturing beyond the wall, very prophetic.

There is a guy on youtube predicting this shite to a T. I am sure he must be using the leaks. I stopped watching his stuff half way thru as not to not spoil it.

If it has what he is saying, its going to be a blast.

Trinidave 2017-08-14 15:11:14 

Sam so busy talkin dat he when his Wilding wifey read de section about the Targaryen's annulment, he didn't listen. Dat could have keyed him in on Jon Snow's parentage.

Trinidave 2017-08-14 15:11:43 

A few quick observations about Game of Thrones

1. Is it me, or did someone build one of those super-fast bullet trains, because people just getting around a lot faster than they did in the few seasons.

2. No Tormund, the BIG warrior woman didn’t come. Geeez. Tormund reminds me of those men at club Zanzibar, who used to harass the hell out of our female friends.

3. Don’t know, but it's really really cold at and beyond the Wall. No one ever things of wearing a hat? No one. Seriously?

4. We know certain people have superhuman or almost superhuman powers, like Brann, Daenerys, Arya etc. We have to start thinking of Littlefinger’s “scheming behind the scenes” as his superpower.

5. Jorah – Stop. Just stop. You’re never gonna get it. At least Tormund has a legit chance.

6. Three Dragons, three Targaryens. Daenerys, Jon, and Tyrion.

cricketmygame 2017-08-14 15:21:27 

In reply to Trinidave

you need to wake up to the fact that the series cut it's episodes short so they will travel faster. thankfully so too.

Tryangle 2017-08-14 15:32:46 

Yeah, everything is being accellerated. Pace is almost deafening, really. Thankfully they've done enough world-building in prior seasons that we don't need much exposition on say the Wall or Dragonstone.

We can now safely ignore what's happening in Dorne, Riverrun and the Vale.

In reply to Trinidave

4. We know certain people have superhuman or almost superhuman powers, like Brann, Daenerys, Arya etc. We have to start thinking of Littlefinger’s “scheming behind the scenes” as his superpower.

Someone reminded me that Littlefinger's grandfather was from Braavos. Would be weird if he had some Jaquen H'gar like abilities.

In reply to steveo

Also, notice it is 7 of them venturing beyond the wall, very prophetic.

Yes, the Fellowship of the something-or-other has a nice parallel to the Seven. Maybe it looks like this:
Father - Beric
Mother - Tormund
Maiden - Jorah
Smith - Gendry
Warrior - Hound
Crone - Thoros
Stranger - Jon

steveo 2017-08-14 16:05:53 

In reply to Tryangle

A person from youtube had the hilarious comment:

They represent the Seven
Jon, the Father who passes judgement
Thoros, the Mother who gives life
The Hound, the Warrior with his big sword
Tormund, the Crone who guides the path
Beric, the Stranger who died seven times
Gendry, the Smith with his hammer
Jorah, the Maiden stuck in the friend-zone forever

Trinidave 2017-08-14 16:56:07 

And why is Jon Snow and these 7 fools going to fight an ARMY of de dead. These men have phorquene dragon-glass grenades or something?

imusic 2017-08-14 17:28:38 

In reply to Trinidave

Dey eh going to fight de WHOLE army....although fighting will take place.

Their goal is to capture one and bring that one back to show Cersei that the army of the dead is real.

Dey better get some tips from Michonne

birdseye 2017-08-14 17:48:03 

In reply to NineMiles

These companies may need to revert to standalone computers for their product and go back to the days of curriers to distribute stuff – I had a friend who told me that in the old days his sister use to enjoy exotic vacations as a currier – she would fly all over the world with canister of films for movie theaters and other deliveries that may now being serviced by the likes of UPS and FedEx ---- but I wouldn’t pay these hackers a dime

imusic 2017-08-14 18:04:27 

In reply to birdseye

I eh know why dey doh do like Netflix and release de entire season

Yeah....de hackers have emails and financials etc but people mostly mostly care about the episodes. De ress is peripheral stuff.

Release de entire season and some of de hackers leverage gone

Dis whole show a episode this week and wait a whole week fuh de nex episode kinda passe

Plenty tings in movie.television passe dis rongs

Yuh could imagine watchin GOT with commercials? evil

Tryangle 2017-08-15 09:05:14 

In reply to imusic

Perhaps that's the future of all TV series.

Are Netflix/Hulu/Amazon exclusive shows at risk of similar hacks? Is there a market for getting OITNB, Kimmy Schmidt, etc. ahead of their release dates?

steveo I like that grouping better, good find. Although it's obvious that Jorah would be the clear choice for the Maiden smile

Raggs 2017-08-15 09:28:30 

In reply to Trinidave

) That scene in Battle of the Bastards, when Snow stood up with sword, with the hordes of horsemen rushing in, ... ....den ting start.
one of the greatest ting I've seen on a tv screen.

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 10:41:52 

In reply to Tryangle

I'm still rooting for the Knight King and the White Walkers. big grin

The fickle backstabbing disloyal assholes of the seven kingdoms all deserve to die, and then become zombies. lol

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 11:19:33 

In reply to Trinidave

And why is Jon Snow and these 7 fools going to fight an ARMY of de dead.

Legit as fcuk question Bro. Supposedly they are all risking their lives to bring back to Kings Landing a zombie from the army of the dead to convince Cersie that they are the real enemy and not Dany.

Nevermind that Cersie already has a fcuking zombie, once known as 'The Mountain'. But yet they still feel the need to prove to her that dead men are real and that they have an army. Oye vey. lol

And I thought that Cersie is pretty much a lame duck Queen. She has no real army left, no allies left, no food to feed her people etc. Dany could literally take Kings Landing in one fell swoop (or half an episode). But here they are trying to broker a peace/alliance with her by risking all of their lives beyond the Wall. Bizarre.

Tryangle 2017-08-15 11:43:22 

In reply to SnoopDog

I suspect that's D&D trying to do story telling that comes out as poor fan fiction and will end up looking nothing like whatever George RR Martin has planned out to conclude the series, hence the "let's go Seal Team Six on the Wights and try to broker peace with Mad Queen Cersei" approach.

Logically speaking, plenty of people have died already. Just take KL. Her only allies are Euron (and those ships can be taken apart by three dragons) and possibly the Iron Bank (who will switch allegiances once they see the Lannisters are falling).

Cersei of all people has uttered the honest truth. Either she'll fight and maybe die, or she'll surrender and definitely die.

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 11:56:07 

In reply to Tryangle

Just take KL.

Exactly! Everyone and their king slaying brother knows that the Iron Throne is not the end all of the story. It's been beaten into our brains that the army of the dead are coming and they don't give a rats ass who sits on the throne in the Red Keep.

The prolonging of the "ultimate battle" between Cersie and Dany is just a footnote/sub-plot to the main plot line. To contrive this stupid reunion of loved characters to head off like Frodo and his companions into the frozen wilderness on a great adventure is sloppy story telling.

Cersie is already a "mad Queen" and therefore cannot be reasoned with. So even if they manage to bring back a zombie from beyond the Wall she will not be convinced of anything other than it's an attempt by her enemies to deceive and then conquer her.

That being said, I thought the scene between Drogon and Jon was awesome. The man is most definitely a Targaryen. He's got the dragon vote locked. big grin

imusic 2017-08-15 12:35:31 

Speaking of Jon, we got two very key bits of information regarding his heritage. One confirmed his Targaryen background in how he was able to pet Drogon (and Drogon liked it!) and calm him like only a true Targ can. And, in what could have felt like a throwaway scene of Sam complaining about his busy work at the Citadel, Gilly stumbled upon a notice of an annulment that Rhaegar had in Dorne before a second, secret marriage … at the Tower of Joy, perhaps? (Which is located in Dorne). Where Jon Snow was conceived? That would mean that Jon (no longer a bastard) has the strongest and most legitimate claim to the Iron Throne and the unification of the North and South … provided they all survive the Night King (and those dragons, if Dany gets mad about it). Pay attention to your woman, Sam!

Tryangle 2017-08-15 13:09:22 

In reply to imusic

One confirmed his Targaryen background in how he was able to pet Drogon (and Drogon liked it!)

That scene looked like Dany was trying to wave her penis around, so to speak. Showing off her might and all. Then Jon Snow gets all dragon-whisperer (while trying not to pee his cloak).

Then Dany's all "aren't they beautiful". Jon says "not the word I was looking for". Dany gives him the look of death, and Jon attempts to backtrack, before Dany says that they're not beasts, they're her children, as if it's perfectly reasonable for another human being to view freaking grown-ass dragons as children. She's a pretty warped person, it has to be said.

They really are beating our heads with the revelation that Jon's the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna. They need to hurry up and let Jon (or Davos, or Tyrion, whoever) know this, whether it be from Bran-vision or Gilly (who'll now probably get ambushed and killed before reaching the North).

imusic 2017-08-15 13:11:02 

In reply to Tryangle

They really are beating our heads with the revelation that Jon's the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

So he's not Ned Stark's bastard?

That scene looked like Dany was trying to wave her penis around, so to speak. Showing off her might and all. Then Jon Snow gets all dragon-whisperer (while trying not to pee his cloak).

And I thought it was Dany getting drenched at the thought of Jon shooting fire into her woman cave.

She thinking "Finally I have someone who can actually play with my kids....AND ME!"

"Jon! DRACARYS!"

Ah well....guess it was just my warped mind cool

Tryangle 2017-08-15 13:26:12 

In reply to imusic

As far as everybody on the show is concerned, Jon is Ned's bastard son. But the audience has been shown all kinds of evidence to the contrary.

The primary one being Bran's vision of the Tower of Joy where Ned Stark (and Howland Reed) defeated a bunch of knights and then made their way up the tower where they saw Lyanna dying after childbirth. Lyanna whispered something to Ned, something about keeping the baby safe because Robert will have him killed. The next scene is a close up of Jon Snow.

Remember at the start of the series, Robert wanted to exterminate every last Targaryen.

Basically it validates a very well known theory among book readers (the books have not gotten this far, mind you) of Jon's true parentage, as well as exonerating Ned's "honour" badge that we were led to believe slipped on one occasion resulting in Jon.

And I thought it was Dany getting drenched at the thought of Jon shooting fire into her woman cave.

lol lol lol

Trinidave 2017-08-15 14:20:41 

In reply to SnoopDog

And I thought that Cersie is pretty much a lame duck Queen. She has no real army left, no allies left, no food to feed her people etc. Dany could literally take Kings Landing in one fell swoop (or half an episode). But here they are trying to broker a peace/alliance with her by risking all of their lives beyond the Wall. Bizarre.

Exactly bruh. It don't mek sense.

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 14:26:31 

In reply to Tryangle

I'm sorry Bro but Bran's new super powers are frigging creepy. The dude knows when you jerk off, when you pick your nose, when you hit on your attractive aunts etc. lol

No wonder he's a fcuking loner now. lol

Trinidave 2017-08-15 14:29:40 

In reply to imusic and Tryangle

Imusic is right. Danny's cooch goes straight "Dracarys" at de sight of Jon. If he had proper instincts he'd already hit it, but Jon Snow still knows nothing.

BTW -- TriniD is well aware dat Danny is his aunt, but dat Aunty cut tek ah lash.

NineMiles 2017-08-15 14:29:59 

In reply to Tryangle

Any idea what Baelish is trying to pull by planting the note for Arya to find? Is it simply to make trouble between the sisters but what is his ultimate goal here?

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 14:37:29 

In reply to NineMiles

I've seen some YouTube comments suggesting that it's a trap designed by Arya.

We are led to believe it's a trap designed by Littlefinger but in reality it's all an elaborate super clever ploy of Jedi Knight Arya to entrap Littlefinger and have all his dirty little secrets and betrayal come to the fore and eventually enough reason for Arya to stab him with that dagger.

NineMiles 2017-08-15 14:42:09 

In reply to SnoopDog

Really? don't think Arya knows Little finger has been watching her.

Sorry but theory don't make sense.

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 14:46:26 

In reply to NineMiles

Well it's all based on the fact that she can steal faces and assume other people's identities like she did when she killed all the Freys and made them eat their old man. lol

Who the fcuk knows though. Arya is one annoying character. She flunked out of Jedi training school and now feels she can lecture Sansa about politics. I wouldn't mind if Littlefinger dusts her off. big grin

carl0002 2017-08-15 14:48:17 

In reply to Tryangle
Man all of Netflix series such as House of Cards you can get on a Kodie box.

Scar 2017-08-15 14:51:25 

The Dragons know Targaryen blood as is already known. Tyrion may well be the other of the 3 Dragon heads as he was allowed to touch and pet. His possible Targaryen father used to be around old man Lanisters wife much.

NineMiles 2017-08-15 14:56:26 

In reply to SnoopDog

Arya is one annoying character. She flunked out of Jedi training school and now feels she can lecture Sansa about politics. I wouldn't mind if Littlefinger dusts her off.

Huh? My favourite character you dissing there! lol

Tryangle 2017-08-15 15:01:41 

In reply to NineMiles

Any idea what Baelish is trying to pull by planting the note for Arya to find? Is it simply to make trouble between the sisters but what is his ultimate goal here?

Arya may think herself a super spy assassin type but Baelish has decades of experience on her.

It's clear he's trying to sew some tension among the Stark kids.

End game? I think like many, he aspires to sit on the Iron Throne. Right now he's already running the Vale and presumably still owns Harrenhal, but his goals are higher. I'm thinking he knows that Arya is dangerous and needs her out of the picture. His best bet may still be to angle for a marriage to Sansa so he could run Winterfell if Jon is taken out of the picture. The presence of Bran complicates things, of course.

One problem for Baelish is that he's seen as a southerner, so even if he tried to tempt say the Glovers to his side, why would they trust him?

In reply to carl0002

Man all of Netflix series such as House of Cards you can get on a Kodie box.

True but do those get released before Netflix themselves publish them? It wasn't called Kodi at the time, but we had some XBMC service running on the old laptop some time ago where we could watch some shows for free.

Trinidave 2017-08-15 15:07:41 

In reply to NineMiles

Huh? My favourite character you dissing there!

Yeah boy.

BTW -- Arya was correct regarding Sansa, just sitting back and letting dem bad-talk de King of de North.

imusic 2017-08-15 15:09:24 

In reply to Tryangle

Allyuh givin Littlefinger too much credit

His goal is simple. Bull Sansa Stark as a proxy fuh she modda. If he couldn't get one...he go make sure he go get de oddah.

He seein de tension between Arya and Sansa and if he could use dat to get Sansa to melt de ice she does trow he way....mission on de way to bein accomplished.

He jes like Jorah. Except Jorah too honourable and will NEVER get it from Dany. Littlefinger would blackmail if he have to in order to get a piece.

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 15:10:28 

In reply to Trinidave

BTW -- Arya was correct regarding Sansa, just sitting back and letting dem bad-talk de King of de North.

Or do as Jedi Arya suggests and behead them all and have all their armies leave your sorry ass at Winterfell to be Queen of Nothing. Brilliant Arya. rolleyes

imusic 2017-08-15 15:11:24 

In reply to Trinidave

Arya was correct regarding Sansa, just sitting back and letting dem bad-talk de King of de North.

Her motives are sensible. They need all the manpower they can get.

Besides....she tell them Jon is KING and that is that. All man jack eat dem biscuit and hush dem mout.

Arya totin feelings from back in de day when Sansa did take Joffrey side instead of de family.

I sure Sansa on Arya kill list

NineMiles 2017-08-15 15:14:22 

In reply to Tryangle

I think like many, he aspires to sit on the Iron Throne. Right now he's already running the Vale and presumably still owns Harrenhal, but his goals are higher. I'm thinking he knows that Arya is dangerous and needs her out of the picture. His best bet may still be to angle for a marriage to Sansa so he could run Winterfell if Jon is taken out of the picture.

Now that makes more sense.... but it's a losing game. as you say he will not be accepted as the King of the North and certainly the Iron Throne is out of the question.

Tryangle 2017-08-15 15:14:23 

In reply to imusic

Baelish nothing like poor Jorah. Jorah pines like a puppy dog, and all he gets is a teeny hug and pat on the back.

Baelish seems better able to keep it in (well except that one time at the Vale). Maybe owning brothels kept him relatively sane. He didn't flinch when sexy redhead Ros invited him for fun and games. And he banged the crap out of Lysa Arryn before pelting her out the Moon Door.

Sansa ain't giving nothing up anytime soon, especially to Baelish. Maybe Podrick if she finds out about his prowess.

In reply to NineMiles

Now that makes more sense.... but it's a losing game. as you say he will not be accepted as the King of the North and certainly the Iron Throne is out of the question.

Yeah. Hard to scheme when dragons and Frankenstein are your potential obstacles. His only hope is to generate more chaos ("Chaos is a ladder") and just keep on climbing. But how can it be done at this stage? Ally with the Night King and wait for the next summer? lol

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 15:16:04 

In reply to imusic

I sure Sansa on Arya kill list

I'm sure Arya is on Arya's kill list. lol

NineMiles 2017-08-15 15:27:54 

In reply to Tryangle

Ally with the Night King and wait for the next summer?

lol

imusic 2017-08-15 15:28:33 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol

powen001 2017-08-15 15:58:54 

In reply to imusic

I sure Sansa on Arya kill lis

She was you know...early o clock lol

Trinidave 2017-08-15 18:01:37 

Jorah has survived many battles, sat still while Tarley scraped grey scale scabs off his body, inch by inch, as puss rolled down his back.

And by now he knows all dat $hit is easier dan escaping from de "Friend zone".

imusic 2017-08-15 18:09:02 

In reply to Trinidave

3 questions for u

1 - U ever been in the friend zone?

2 - If answer to 1 is yes.....have you ever wanted to "lash" yuh friend but because yuh in de friend zone...yuh basically Jorahed? (technically yuh could be in the friend zone and want to just stay friends hence question 2)

3 - U ever been in the friend zone but subsequently been delivered from de friend zone and indulge?

SnoopDog 2017-08-15 19:18:13 

In reply to imusic

Tormund sure as shyte will never be in the friendzone. lol

The "large woman" knows the deal - bull, or nothing. lol

imusic 2017-08-15 19:30:27 

In reply to SnoopDog

Yup. No mistakin

DAVE400 2017-08-15 19:32:03 

No forking hbo where i staying in Bago....and wifi sucks too...

Trinidave 2017-08-16 11:58:03 

In reply to imusic

Answered on the other thread. Basically after 3 months TriniD cut his losses.

NineMiles 2017-08-16 17:27:33 

There's been another leak and I'm going to go watch it in a minute... Would you all like me to give you an update later ?? lol lol

sudden 2017-08-16 17:38:03 

In reply to NineMiles

What, episode 6?

NineMiles 2017-08-16 18:54:06 

In reply to sudden

Yep... and I'll tell you all about it tomorrow lol

Tryangle 2017-08-17 00:04:06 

In reply to NineMiles

Me, I don't, so give a heads up and lots of blank space before the spoiler smile

SnoopDog 2017-08-17 12:59:32 

In reply to Tryangle

I get a feeling my boy the Knight King will be kicking some serious Westerosi ass in the next 2 episodes. big grin

steveo 2017-08-17 13:15:02 

In reply to SnoopDog

dude, denerys just have to make a quick road trip up north with those three dragons and warm up the place

NineMiles 2017-08-17 14:23:50 

In reply to steveo

dude, denerys just have to make a quick road trip up north with those three dragons and warm up the place

Hehehe.... big surprise for you on Sunday night/Monday night, which ever time you get to watch it! lol

Plenty of action north of the wall!

steveo 2017-08-17 15:44:20 

In reply to NineMiles

I am staring at the download on "the bay" right now, maybe I will watch it...

SnoopDog 2017-08-18 12:39:12 

In reply to steveo

Well, apparently HBO "accidentally" aired the 6th episode last night. lol

So it has been leaked by all and sundry. lol

Oh, and Arya is now not just a little annoying, she's super fcuking annoying. evil

NineMiles 2017-08-18 13:12:25 

In reply to SnoopDog

Oh, and Arya is now not just a little annoying, she's super fcuking annoying

Facking Hater!! lol

SnoopDog 2017-08-18 13:28:57 

In reply to NineMiles

Wait till you see episode 6. You'll join the ranks Bro. lol

NineMiles 2017-08-18 13:33:06 

In reply to SnoopDog

I have bro... watched it Wednesday night but didn't want to spoil it for you guys! lol

SnoopDog 2017-08-18 13:48:48 

In reply to NineMiles

That little wench needs to go Bro. lol

All I'm going to say is that she's dumber than a bag of rocks. lol

NineMiles 2017-08-18 14:03:28 

In reply to SnoopDog

Dat little girl will slit your throat before you know it... so careful with your words.

You could end up on the kill list Snoopy! lol lol

steveo 2017-08-18 14:41:47 

In reply to NineMiles

Saw it last night...

I admire GOT story for its balance and it continues...

steveo 2017-08-18 14:44:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

Oh, and Arya is now not just a little annoying, she's super fcuking annoying.

Yeah but that super annoying girl has big swinging balls lol lol

I like her, she should have headed to Kings Landing though.

SnoopDog 2017-08-18 16:04:56 

In reply to steveo

She flunked out of training school and all of a sudden she's beating Brienne in sword fighting and knows all the intricacies and nuances of being the Lady of Winterfell? Yeh right. lol

The quicker LitteFinger disposes of her the better. big grin

seaegg99 2017-08-18 16:07:54 

In reply to steveo

Just love the little killer Arya. She will get littlefinger.

SnoopDog 2017-08-19 00:36:34 

In reply to seaegg99

She's a little judgemental asshole. Littlefinger has plans for her.

steveo 2017-08-19 09:47:29 

In reply to SnoopDog

I am sure if people killed most of your family, destroyed your home, you would be a tad judgemental?

steveo 2017-08-19 09:49:15 

In reply to seaegg99

Just love the little killer Arya. She will get littlefinger.

Crossing my fingers because in GOT they are all subject to the most random, undeserved sh!t

SnoopDog 2017-08-19 11:47:26 

In reply to steveo

She's being a judgemental asshole against her own sister without even bothering to find out all the shit that sister went through.

Her character is just another propped up one dimensional predicable fan favourite.

Scar 2017-08-20 23:18:59 

In reply to SnoopDog

She went through that sh#t of her own doing. Vanity and greed/ power grab has its payment demands. As they say u play with the devil... She sold her soul to be a queen and Kings do fack up queens

dale_staple 2017-08-21 09:33:52 

In reply to SnoopDog

Arya is just poorly written these last two seasons. The writers do not know what to do with her. So they are plodding along.

In fact ever since they ran out of source material te series has declined somewhat.

Tryangle 2017-08-22 09:19:18 

so Sunday night, the power went out. I was livid. Luckily the line crews restored power at around 10:30 (the show starts at 10 my time). The missus and I vowed to stay up for the 12:45 repeat airing. We barely made it (she wanted to watch some documentary during the wait, I'd have rather sat through Insecure and Last Week Tonight, but whatever). But we're all caught up now. Anyway.

dale_staple is spot on. The writers are butchering things up particularly with the Sansa/Arya convergence. George RR Martin must be perplexed. All of this contrived nonsense going on while Bran is literally in the same castle. And somehow Sansa (who apparently is aware of Baelish's schemes) is easily convinced by Baelish to send Brienne of all people away. Makes zero, zero sense at all. The Winterfell plot is officially dopey.

As for the 'A' plot, they mean to convince us that the Magnificent Seven (plus associated red shirts) trekked for miles and miles north of Eastwatch, encountered a ton of wights, and somehow *Gendry* is able to run like Mo Freaking Farah across the snowy landscape back to the castle, get a raven sent to Dragonstone, and Dany respond in person the very next day?

I get it, sci-fi and fantasy require suspending disbelief for a lot of things, and heck I love me some dragons and magic, but there's too much bad science this season when it comes to travelling. Exponentially bad this episode, and I've already waved off the previous teleportation powers of Varys and Euron in seasons past and present.

Finally of course, epic battle. Some near-misses when it comes to deaths and what-not. The tide turns with one major death of course.

But somehow, the Night King is able to find a bunch of huge-ass metal chains in the middle of the snowy wilderness. Again though, suspend disbelief and imagine a massive forge somewhere in a moutain and a bunch of undead having the skill to create these things.

Cinematically, a great and action-packed episode. Some great dialogue between characters (the Tormund-Hound interplay was brilliant and full of laughs. As was Tormund-Gendry. Jorah-Jon was touching.) But again, this episode seemed out of fan-fiction... maybe the shortened season meant they had to manufacture things, but still.

ETA: Forgot to mention the Jon Snow-Dany dialogue, while touching in some aspects, was ludicrous in others. Namely, the part about bending the knee.

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 10:33:00 

In reply to Tryangle and dale_staple

All of this contrived nonsense going on while Bran is literally in the same castle.

Thankfully, you guys finally see it too. Creepy all knowing all seeing Bran is right there and neither of the sisters bothers to ask his opinion which would of course easily expose Littefinger's scheme and Arya would know the truth about the letter, about Sansa's rape, and her torture at the hands of both Ramsay and the Lannisters.

And of course the gigantic elephant in the room - super psychotic "little killer Arya" who's new found hobby is carrying around freshly cut off human faces in a hand bag (but some folks think that it's Sansa who's messed up for wanting to be a Lady/Queen). lol

I liked the cinematography and CGI scenes too. I kept thinking how great it would be to watch it in a cinema with THX surround sound.

Should be a good 2 hour season finale. Lot's of shocks and surprises are in place from what I've heard.

Tryangle 2017-08-22 11:00:28 

In reply to SnoopDog

2 hour finale? Wow. What the devil are they going to do here? Heck, last night's episode needed to be two hours with what they rammed in there, if only to show that *some* time had elapsed between Gendry running for the Wall and Dany's crew showing up.

Actually, and I saw this suggested elsewhere, it would have made more sense for Dany to be all 'I'm worried about Jon/Jorah, I'm going to the Wall' before all the crap went down, so that if anything a raven wouldn't have been needed. Gendry would have asked for a raven, Davos would have replied that it's not neccesary and next thing a dragon flies overhead.

Seemed out of character for Arya to get all threatening with Sansa with the dagger and stuff as well. Surely Sansa and Arya would have shared details of Sansa's escape to the Vale, forced marriage to Ramsay, and Arya's encounters in Harrenhal, capture by the Hound, and travels to Braavos and back. Arya's become unnecessarily nasty to *her sister* in the same season where she realised not all Lannister soldiers were evil and had to be destroyed.

They've frankly messed up, and Maisie Williams is selling the portrayal well of course, but this Arya is not the same Arya of two episodes ago.

But the show runners seem to feel the audience is fine to expect Bran to just be lounging by the heart-tree being all three-eyed crow in silence.

Where the hell is Jon Snow's direwolf? They could have gone a long way by having someone suggest that Ghost was in the vicinity if Sansa was at risk.

BTW, RIP Benjen Stark. Another plot contrivance, but such is life. Get your sacrifice on.

cricketmygame 2017-08-22 11:03:09 

In reply to Tryangle

why dont the sisters chat and catch up

doesnt seem like there is much to do in Winterfell anyway

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 11:06:54 

In reply to Tryangle

Your observances and analysis are spot on mate. I gave up on the whole teleporting thing 3 seasons ago.

One question though. Is that dead dragon going to breathe ice now? lol

Tryangle 2017-08-22 11:40:41 

In reply to SnoopDog

Is that dead dragon going to breathe ice now?

I've read The Ice Dragon novella.

Viserion certainly shouldn't be breathing his normal dragonfire - I'd like to think that regular dragonfire would kill himself. So although he's really an undead dragon instead of an ice one, it would make sense that they have him portrayed as an ice one going forward. That, or his dragonfire takes a totally different form. Freezer burn.

In any event, the Night King now has a convenient method of physically busting through The Wall, magics and legend aside.

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 13:19:53 

In reply to Tryangle

In any event, the Night King now has a convenient method of physically busting through The Wall, magics and legend aside.

Yep. I don't get why Sansa wants so badly to rule the frozen north with the army of the dead at her doorsteps.

And my boy the Knight King is clearly a former Olympian javelin thrower. lol

powen001 2017-08-22 13:30:56 

In reply to SnoopDog

Ha ha ha ha ...

what is hilarious for me is that these are plausible human emotions and Snoop...Snoop?

you calling someone Judgemental??

No understanding or empathy for Aryas' position and yes ignorance as she was unaware of what Sansa endured?

place blame where it truly lies...Little Finger planted it and I only hope that his ruse is uncovered and she cuts his throat herself...He is long overdue last gasp for breath.

Tryangle 2017-08-22 13:33:03 

In reply to SnoopDog

And my boy the Knight King is clearly a former Olympian javelin thrower. lol

He didn't even need a run-up, or proper form. Couple steps, and he launched that thing like a missile. Definitely a gold medallist. Better check him for PEDs though.

In reply to powen001

place blame where it truly lies...Little Finger planted it

Problem is Sansa acts like she's on to him, however she still keeps his council.

And Bran probably knows that Baelish is manipulating things, but is too far into his Dr. Manhattan persona to care to alert his sisters.

Royce is the only other person who'd have something to gain from revealing Baelish, but he doesn't know all of Littlefinger's scheming, so doesn't have a desire or need to usurp him as the Vale's lead man right now.

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 13:39:37 

In reply to powen001

Oh yes Bro. It's perfectly normal for a 15 year old to be carrying around a bag full of cut off human faces because she received some ninja training (which she didn't even complete) and thinks she knows everything about the world and other people. And she's been in Winterfell for fcuking months. You would think the sisters would have had some time talk about the last 5-6 years of their lives and share their experiences. But no, the cleverest man alive is still able to hatch a scheme on the basis that Arya and Sansa are completely ignorant of their life experiences for the past 5-6 years.

And one other thing. Her main enemy left on her kill list is Cersei Lannister. Why isn't she in Kings Landing finishing off the job instead of being a little judgmental annoying asshole to everyone in Winterfell?

powen001 2017-08-22 13:50:02 

In reply to SnoopDog

ha ha ha ha ..

Its GOT.. no such thing as NORMAL...Dragons and walking DEAD are in this man.. lol

but ...

BOTH Stark girls have had rough experiences and yet...around each other have retained those sibling rivalry and childish pouting at each other.

It sets up a good dynamic...but to be honest...

I am keen to see how Daenny will go against her now white walking child Dragon.

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 13:51:35 

In reply to powen001

Me too! big grin

sudden 2017-08-22 13:54:53 

In reply to powen001

Every time I see Tyrion I does seh look Powen with brains

powen001 2017-08-22 14:01:42 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol

me too...

See how much Snooksie he used to be getting before he ...found "maturity'?

I found Jesus..or Jesus found me... Tyrion found...Purpose!

You would be big guts no balls fat Varys...wise and in my ear , providing counsel and protecting my favourite whores.

big grin big grin

Tryangle 2017-08-22 14:13:40 

In reply to powen001

Plot twist - Cersei uses the ballista to defeat the undead dragon. Dany falls in love with Cersei. Then Arya kills them both.

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 14:18:37 

In reply to powen001

I found Jesus..or Jesus found me.

I see you were both on the back of milk cartons. lol

sudden 2017-08-22 14:24:31 

In reply to powen001

Doan lie isn't Tyrion your favorite character on the show?

powen001 2017-08-22 14:29:38 

In reply to sudden

Jon Snow..then Daenny big grin

Tyrion is 3rd tho...from the time he bitch slapped Joffrey in season one I liked him big grin

powen001 2017-08-22 14:30:11 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol lol lol

You too will bend the knee...

That is Biblical son!!

Scar 2017-08-22 14:42:33 

There's a lot to come. Dragon Glass effect, what Sam hurriedly left to tell, unveiling the undead before Cersie and he shrieks which turn the others faster towards kings Landing, Brans foresight of why he gave Lil Fingers Dagger to Arya, Brans ability to transform, Bran as the key since the White Walkers really want to kill him (3 Eyed Raven) before any one else, Jon vs Dark Prince (both have been dead and brought back), who is the Dark Prince?.

Just as one thinks the Dark Prince is ever powerful, his weaknesses are well known and his Army is as susceptible. Ice Dragon vs Dragon glass arrows?

Funny how in the books the Ice Dragon is a good dragon while the fire ones are deemed bad

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 14:45:02 

In reply to powen001

The only time I bend the knee is when I lift up the Trini woman skirt and do what Jesus did to Mary Magdalene. big grin

THAT, is Biblical son! lol

powen001 2017-08-22 15:22:24 

In reply to SnoopDog

tsk tsk tsk

sudden 2017-08-22 15:43:53 

In reply to powen001

The man with the many faces-Jagen H'ghar is my favorite. Reminds me of myself

Tryangle 2017-08-22 16:00:22 

From an online commentary thread (paraphrased):

It took Gendry no time at all to run through snowy terrain to the Wall, yet four seasons to row a boat from Dragonstone to King's Landing lol lol lol

SnoopDog 2017-08-22 16:33:14 

In reply to Tryangle

It took Gendry no time at all to run through snowy terrain to the Wall, yet four seasons to row a boat from Dragonstone to King's Landing

lol lol lol lol

powen001 2017-08-22 17:06:59 

In reply to sudden

The man with the many faces-Jagen H'ghar is my favorite. Remind me of myself

touchez.. ha ha ha yuh Operative ! aka born liar...

too bad there is no character of many guts! big grin

powen001 2017-08-22 17:07:55 

In reply to Tryangle

i saw a post saying that the Ravens were faster than FEDEX! lolololol

DukeStreet 2017-08-22 18:44:50 

In reply to powen001

So, is Bran actually the Night King?
This theory seems to be crazy but has some wheels on it

cool

dale_staple 2017-08-22 20:10:37 

My random thoughts....

Jaimie kills cersei then kills himself next season. Jaimie realises that Cersei has finally gone off the deep end and that she doesnt love him. He has to kill her because she threatens the safety of everyone. But then he kills himself as he cannot live with him killing the one woman he loved.
r
Tyrion becomes the head of house Lannister.

Dany dies and Jon dies and house targaeryen dies out. The dragons all die. Sansa becomes Lady Stark and the head of Winterfell Warden of the North. She marrys the spoilt arryn brat in a political alliance and is the de facto head of the Vale.

Samwell and Gilly marry and House Tarly becomes the Wardens of the Reach. Samwell realises that he has the duty to carry on the family name and decides to be the ruler.

Euron gets killed by Theon and Osha greyjoy but Osha dies in the process and Theon is wracked by guilt. He goes back to the Iron Islands for a Kingsmoot where he loses and ends up a shadow of a man.

Arya gets killed by the faceless men as penance for abandoning them. But she doesnt die entirely but wargs into Nymeria and lives out her life as a wolf in the wilds of the north.

Bran goes to the isle of faces and lives out his life as the three eyed raven.

Jorah goes back to House Mormont and sees the Little Bear one last time before going off to the great war and dying there.

Varys dies in Westeros just as Melisandre predicted.

The Night King and the undead army face off against the army of men and.....................no one wins. They sit around a table and play All Fours and eat doubles all day and night because reasons.

No seriously....i do not know what will happen here. I think its very complex as there is no clear motive for the Night King and the army of the undead.

dale_staple 2017-08-22 20:14:42 

There is no iron throne anymore...the Seven Kingdoms revert to seven Kingdoms as no one can agree on a ruler for the iron throne and the men are all to depleted to mount a serious charge to seize the iron throne.

Gendry is legitimized by (Tyrion, Sansa or Samwell - most likely Tyrion) so that House Baratheon can be restored and he rules in Kings Landing.

Dorne....Dorne.....Dorne? Who the hell cares!

Tryangle 2017-08-23 10:10:52 

In reply to dale_staple

Dorne....Dorne.....Dorne? Who the hell cares!

Missandei to be Warden of the South and ruler of Dorne. I'd suggest having the Dothraki crew there, they can drink wine to their hearts content.

SnoopDog 2017-08-23 10:11:39 

In reply to dale_staple

My favourite fan theory? Bronn sits on the Iron Throne after all the other idiots kill themselves in the "great war". big grin

He always wanted his own castle, after all. big grin

steveo 2017-08-23 10:55:14 

The writers are killing people off just to keep up their kill count. Benjen's death was totally unnecessary. Why didnt he just carry jon on the horse like he did with Bran and Meera? Very strange decision.

The hound was his worse in that episode. That wight that started the trek across the ice with his no jawed, bony self stole the show for me. Reminds me of the scene Jon snow standing up to face Ramsays horses.

The elephant in the room is Cerci. Will she join the alliance to fight for survival?

If she throws a wrench in the works by betraying Denerys and Jon, they are all doomed.

I am hoping the Night King trolls them by showing up on his newly minted ice dragon.

steveo 2017-08-23 10:57:32 

In reply to SnoopDog

He always wanted his own castle, after all

Even if he has to be a wight to get it? lol lol lol

Not out of the ordinary, the world is filled with such people who dont care
"if the world burns just as long they are the kings of the ashes"

Tryangle 2017-08-23 13:09:48 

In reply to steveo

The hound was his worse in that episode. That wight that started the trek across the ice with his no jawed, bony self stole the show for me

Yes. Out of character for the Hound. Did they steal that idea from Pippin of LOTR chucking rocks down a well?

Benjen's death was totally unnecessary. Why didnt he just carry jon on the horse like he did with Bran and Meera?

Indeed. Just another contrived method of culling the herd with the series approaching its conclusion.

Scar 2017-08-23 13:28:00 

As HH sayd he gave the TV writers the go ahead to stray from the book. Lots of people died who are and will be alive in the final books but this is necessary for the "effect" factor. The Knight carries a flaming sword but Jon doesnt carry one.

Bran is doing more than you guys think and know behind the scenes because he Wargs. Arya is doing a cunning "Im just me" versus her earlier and self driven need to be other than herself. Remember she always used to say ".. that's not me" wink She is deliberately lying and pretending she doesn't know much (not moving around without being noticed yeah right!!) How she enetered the same creaking door Sansa used and no noise

The Wolfs are going to be a factor seems to me or else why the last episode has Wolf in its title.

Notice Fire didn't harm the Night King - destiny for him and Jon to face up both men brought back from the dead who don't fear death and know theres nothing on the other side so fight to stay on this side. Dragon Glass vs Ice. Valaryon Steel vs Ice.

Why Sam hurriedly took off for the Wall with his books after he read them. He shut Gillie up quickly b4 she spilled what sneaky ears might hear but peeps see it differently saying if only he had listened - he heard her. significant that he put that book in a baby's hands - that book about a baby being ...?
wink

powen001 2017-08-23 13:28:47 

In reply to DukeStreet

oh jeeez man DukeStreet!!!

Crap...that actually makes sense and the dialogue backs it up....

Oh crap...I dont know if I should have watched that now lol lol lol lol

carl0002 2017-08-23 13:58:32 

I say whate evr Cersi planning will backfire and kill them all including herself and incest brother and the fat dude who saved the man from turning into rocks will rule all 7 Kingdoms

SnoopDog 2017-08-23 14:36:24 

In reply to powen001

The theory of Bran being the Knight King has been around for a while now.

I remembered seeing a Youtube video 2 years ago where they explored this theory. There is definitely a strong connection and a lot of parallels between Bran and the Knight King.

steveo 2017-08-23 15:31:00 

In reply to Scar

Nice insights

Notice Fire didn't harm the Night King - destiny for him and Jon to face up both men brought back from the dead who don't fear death and know theres nothing on the other side so fight to stay on this side. Dragon Glass vs Ice. Valaryon Steel vs Ice.

I was thinking that Jon vs the Night King would be an easy win for Jon if swords are all they are gonna be fighting with. However, the Night King has powerful magic and I am thinking Bran has to play a part in that fight for Jon to win.

Tryangle 2017-08-23 15:51:03 

Forgot to mention that the bear was insane. How it didn't kill Thoros right then and there, who knows.

Would have been a handful for even Ghost if he was on the trip.

Trinidave 2017-08-23 16:31:01 

The plot in which Jon and Co. go tuh get a Wight fuh Cersei is BS. We all know dat Cersei don't give an ish about no "Dead Army". Dat is de most naïve BS ever.

Scar 2017-08-23 17:35:15 

In reply to Trinidave
Dem jes have to let it loose right at her feet
big grin big grin
But dat is the HBO spin on things. dat ting start screaming and the Dead Army start moving in as fast as a Concorde when it was a live flight.

Scar 2017-08-23 17:38:33 

In reply to Tryangle
It will be more than Ghost I think based on the last episode title

Scar 2017-08-23 17:40:09 

In reply to steveo

Which is why I think Melissandre will play her last role with dark magic

steveo 2017-08-23 18:15:12 

In reply to Tryangle

Yes. Out of character for the Hound. Did they steal that idea from Pippin of LOTR chucking rocks down a well?

Might well be, its the very same scenario lol lol

SnoopDog 2017-08-24 11:22:02 

In reply to Tryangle

Forgot to mention that the bear was insane. How it didn't kill Thoros right then and there, who knows.

Would have been a handful for even Ghost if he was on the trip.

And Theon still lives. lol

What an utterly useless character at this point in the story. lol

Tryangle 2017-08-24 12:25:57 

In reply to SnoopDog

The actor is good and I think the writers enjoy writing scenes where he's forced to be embarrassed (Yara at Volantis, Yara and Ellaria in the Narrow Sea) or emasculated (Euron taunting him).

It seems they're foreshadowing Theon getting his spine back and eventually taking out Euron, but I don't think many people care about the Iron Islands saga.

He's come a long way from bragging to Ros but yeah. Not consequential to the storyline by any means right now.

steveo 2017-08-24 13:37:19 

People underestimate the value of the Theon. His continued presence in the story shows that even cowardly enuchs have a role to play in this tangled web of life.

Without Theon there would have been no Sansa, without Sansa there would have been no Jon, without Jon, there would have been no 7 Kingdoms

Some one mentioned a LotR earlier, Theon might be the smeagol of this adventure.

Tryangle 2017-08-24 13:48:52 

In reply to steveo

Without Theon, Robb would probably have not been betrayed by the Boltons lol lol lol

But yeah, points taken.

Scar 2017-08-24 15:03:37 

In reply to Tryangle Interweaving plots !! Ser Davos is being quiet for now eh. He has a weapon by his side many forgot about. "Azor" will be reborn from "...smoke and salt (fire & seawater??)and ... wake dragons from the stone (death)

Tryangle 2017-08-24 15:15:03 

DukeStreet 7/25/17 9:50:26 PM

In reply to SnoopDog
The White Walkers will ... dig up and resurrect a dead dragon in the process. Ice daggers in dem pum pum soon.

Tryangle 7/26/17 10:49:19 AM
Love the suggestion of the Night King resurrecting an ice dragon. Damn that would be fun.

Didn't *quite* happen that way, but still good prediction DukeStreet

Trinidave 2017-08-24 15:22:54 

In reply to Scar

Ser Davos is being quiet for now eh.

Bruh. Bruuuuh. Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

TriniD watchin Ser Davos. He has one eye on Missandei, and de other eye on his fermented crabs.

Scar 2017-08-24 15:45:22 

In reply to Trinidave
Many forget is not Melisssadre who wake Jon is Ser Davos. yeah she did the wash the dead crap but she could nah wake he. Is Ser Davos who command him rass to get the F### up!

powen001 2017-08-24 17:53:50 

In reply to Scar

ah hem...

The Lord of Light did that...

Trinidave 2017-08-24 18:05:19 

In reply to powen001

Could have been the fermented crabs raising the dead.

Scar 2017-08-25 09:02:28 

In reply to powen001 Technically it has to be through a vehicle who was supposed to be Melissandre who did all she could but he wouldn't respond = remember. Davos commanded him to get to rass up and viola. Just my theory of who is Azor with the light sword. If it is may my attentive skills are ...

big grin big grin

I looking out for the prediction by the old hg to Cersie that her little brother will kill her and peeps looking at Tyrion but it aint he since Jamie is younger by minutes to her. It wont be him directly though big grin

Tryangle 2017-08-25 09:27:50 

In reply to Scar

I thought Davos was admiring Missandei in a father-daughter way, but then again, she's gorgeous, *and* he's been short on female companionship.

Not everyone can, as Tormund says, "make do".

In the books, Davos has a living wife. I do not recall if Davos has or had a wife in the show though. Mel or Stannis may have asked him about it in the show.

DAVE400 2017-08-25 21:51:54 

Whatever happen to the wizard kidnapped by Varis? The one who took his balls?

powen001 2017-08-25 23:06:42 

In reply to Scar

lol lol lol

yes..a vessel was required...and I think she has said that herself several times.

NineMiles 2017-08-27 15:42:38 

Game of Thrones: Who is the true heir?

The seventh season of fantasy TV drama Game of Thrones is hurtling to a close, and the burning question for fans right now is: "Who will inherit the Iron Throne?" The

The world of Westeros may be fictional, but its origins are far from imaginary. "Medieval Britain has played an enormous impact on the series," creator George RR Martin once said.
What better way to determine the true ruler of the Seven Kingdoms than by using the rules that govern the British monarchy?

Very interesting!

Scar 2017-08-27 16:10:32 

In reply to NineMiles

As well as Biblical and US Children of the gorest Indians, First men Pilgrims, later men who stated tiefing from the Indians anf frigging up the land and forests Italians, portugese, etc. then wats etc.

Scar 2017-08-27 16:12:28 

In reply to powen001

Prophets never could perform miracles big grin

Moses had to have Aaron use the rod to let things happen big grin

googly1961 2017-08-27 22:08:53 

Baelish!!

dale_staple 2017-08-27 22:29:16 

In reply to googly1961

Died like a little grovelling worm.

DAVE400 2017-08-27 22:38:58 

In reply to dale_staple

too swift!

But that was the episode of all episodes!!!!

googly1961 2017-08-27 22:54:16 

In reply to dale_staple

big grin big grin

DAVE400 2017-08-27 23:06:29 

Really loved how they set it up with it looking like an inquisition into Aarya...

Wondered how come Brandt was there...

DAVE400 2017-08-27 23:14:41 

by the way what happened to daario naharis...daenerys' fcuk buddy?

Scar 2017-08-27 23:15:53 

In reply to DAVE400

Remember the steps on a ladder quote?

Ice Dragon next season meet Dragon Glass artows and evry type of Fragon Glass wrapon that Sam can tell them to build based on his readings once a raven tells Jon ahem King Aegon big grin

powen001 2017-08-27 23:16:54 

In reply to DAVE400

Man... that was soooo sweet....

Begged like a lil Beotch....and sllllittttt!

DEAD!!
Arya for the WIN!! big grin lol

Scar 2017-08-27 23:17:22 

In reply to DAVE400
Thonk she sent hom on a death mission both on the screen and books. He was a toy for the time being

Scar 2017-08-27 23:18:22 

In reply to DAVE400

Simple!Cut the talk!! big grin

powen001 2017-08-27 23:19:17 

In reply to Scar

And Scar..

ah Hope wunnuh all heard the little comment bout people who keep telling lies as the SMART thing to do...how societies all fall apart.

Yuh tink Trump was watching? lol big grin

Scar 2017-08-27 23:35:22 

He is TV fanatic but he as stubborn as Cersi whose bro sent her to a certain death by walking away. Or did she hold she belly a bit at the end there? Hmmm.

Trump go send his family to dem political death with his carrying on. Let him pardon everyone and dem no longer have the 5th to take. The Wall come down Cersi, and all hell break loose now. None a dem except Jon/Aergon saw dat walker raise the dead.

Tryangle 2017-08-28 10:21:35 

In reply to DAVE400

by the way what happened to daario naharis...daenerys' fcuk buddy?

She told him hold his horses in Meereen. The way this episode went, I would not be surprised at all if he hears about the Golden Company and sets sail to warn Dany.

My major curiosity about the episode was Tyrion guessing that Cersei was preggers. Now, I don't think the concept of alcohol being bad for unborn babies existed in the medieval-like timeframe, but that was the clue for me - Tyrion gave Cersei a cup of wine, Cersei didn't drink it. We all know Cersei has never met a drink she didn't like. Anyway.

Another set of meetings. Good stuff between the Hound and Brienne. Got some mutual respect going on there for sure.

Bronn and Tyrion was nice. And of course Bronn and his wingman Podrick. the brothel workers of KL will be happy.

My wife suggested that Cersei could have ended it there by setting that pit ablaze with wildfire. But I reminded her that the Dothraki and Unsullied were camped outside the walls ready to demolish the place at any sign of treachery.

Euron remains full of IDGAFs.

And with the special wight reveal, flipping Qyburn is all delighted and curious. Don't let him take any samples with him, Tyrion!

Dany's seamstress needs to get paid. Seriously. There are going to be some fierce cosplay outfits for next Comic-Con.

Again, Jamie is hopelessly trapped, and now finds himself driven out of KL? WTF? Is he going to offer himself as a sellsword now?

At Winterfell... yeah I think many people were hoping that Sansa was secretly pulling a bait and switch, but the problem is that it wasn't sold to the audience one single bit. I mean the drama in the Hall was fine, but they could have at least given us one minute of Sansa or Arya talking (even at a distance) with Bran, just so we could think, hm, maybe they *are* on to Baelish.

Anyway, Sansa was pretty badass in throwing Littlefinger in front of the bus. With Bran pointing out key clues, Baelish's schemes and thoughts fell apart rapidly and he was turned into a snivelling weasel in no time. You can tell Yohan Royce was delighted.

And cue Arya. Slice.

My wife gripped my arms hard at that.

Freaking Theon. Taking all kinds of beating, then laughing as he gets kneed in the [lack of] crotch. What a turn of events. Good luck finding Yara.

Now, before the episode began, they gave the warning of nudity, etc. So I already had a strong inkling of who was going to be naked around this point.

Cue Sam meeting Bran, and damn that was well done. They pieced their clues so perfectly and Bran did his three-eyed raven thing to know that Rhaegar (who's kind of a jerk in dumping his old wife) married Lyanna in front of the Seven. Bran's all "damn Jon's a Targ"...

and naturally, we get our Targ-on-Targ sexy time. Snow's rear end serves as the 'nudity' item. Oh well.

The show could have ended there of course perfectly well and fine... smile

DAVE400 2017-08-28 10:26:31 

In reply to Tryangle

Did Euron set off to ambush the troops heading North?

DAVE400 2017-08-28 10:27:32 

BTW, the forking directors know how to create real tension with the nightwalkers...every scene with them seems so damn ominous!

steveo 2017-08-28 10:34:49 

Rather strange that the white walkers were waiting for Dany to bring them that dragon so they can past the wall.

If the night king can see the future, everyone is fcuked.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 10:44:12 

In reply to steveo

It may have simply been fortuitous.

Trinidave 2017-08-28 10:47:08 

In reply to steveo

If the night king can see the future, everyone is fcuked.

Night King may have known the Dragon was coming.

powen001 2017-08-28 10:52:10 

In reply to Trinidave

thts my take too...Night King was prepared to deal with Dragons.

Olympic Gold Medal for him for that throw.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 10:59:04 

You know I can see Cersi being foolish enough to try to broker a deal with the Night King.

Tryangle 2017-08-28 11:23:14 

In reply to DAVE400

Thing is, she's completely right from her point of view. What does she gain from a truthful alliance with Dany and crew?

It's really in her best interest to just chill out, if Dany's headed north. Cersei can deal with the victors. If it's Dany, then when the time comes she'll have the reinforcements from the Golden Company and Euron's crew. And they'll take their chances against a weakened North+Dothraki+Unsullied+Vale group.

If it's the White Walkers, then they're up the creek and may as well flee for the Summer Isles or something. Or if there's enough wildfire left, try to torch the undead dragon and make a permanent wildfire moat across the Neck.

Hopefully Tyrion (and Jorah/Davos/Varys) are paying attention.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 11:46:11 

In reply to Tryangle

I kept telling my wife Cersi is always up to something.

But boy...I ain't go lie...I woke up in the middle of the night tingling about how the sisters upended Baelish...

I ain't enjoy a TV experience like that in decades...and Brandt calling him out was priceless.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 11:46:49 

BTW, Brandt was wogging...I assume he was saw the nightwalkers take the wall?

DAVE400 2017-08-28 11:58:33 

One more thing....Jon kidnapping the whitewalker led to them getting a dragon and being able to take the wall.

In all seriousness. pretty fcukng stupid that suicide mission....

It kindah seems that the only persons at risk from the whitewalkers were the wildlings...now everyone at risk...

Kindah like how USA went into Iraq for oi-..cough cough..fighting terrorism...and brought terrorism into everywhere else...

Tryangle 2017-08-28 12:09:36 

In reply to DAVE400

Oh, no doubt. The Westeros Avengers mission was dumb as rocks even *if* they didn't lose a dragon, but whatever.

Tyrion has launched some plans this season - most of them have ended in disaster.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 12:14:18 

In reply to Tryangle

OMG...these rants and raves in the Westeros forum are hilarious!

steveo 2017-08-28 12:35:06 

I agree with you guys, that behind the wall mission was pointless and a net loss.

Tyrion's idea.

I am beginning to think Tyrion is not as transparent as we think. He was talking to Cersi, then the feed was cut. We do not know what exactly transpired. What exactly were their plans.

He seems very concerned at Rehgars son wooding those dragons mom. The fact that Denerys cannot birth a human baby seems a key element in his plans.

powen001 2017-08-28 13:07:17 

Must admit...I really enjoyed last nights episode...Lots of stuff being set up for an exciting climax...

my heart hurts for Daennys lost Dragon now turned enemy...curious as to how the other two Dragons will deal with him.

steveo 2017-08-28 13:35:56 

In reply to powen001

John will need to ride one

steveo 2017-08-28 13:36:46 

Night King may have known the Dragon was coming.

He has like ESP right??

steveo 2017-08-28 13:37:54 

In reply to DAVE400

It may have simply been fortuitous.

Strategy was: lets hang around this wall and see if some one throws us a rope or something...oh look a dragon...

Trinidave 2017-08-28 13:45:59 

In reply to DAVE400

You know I can see Cersi being foolish enough to try to broker a deal with the Night King.

She'll have tuh get in line behind Varys, cuz yuh know his arse done in de Night King's ear.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 13:47:16 

In reply to steveo

I am beginning to think Tyrion is not as transparent as we think. He was talking to Cersi, then the feed was cut. We do not know what exactly transpired. What exactly were their plans.

He seems very concerned at Rehgars son wooding those dragons mom. The fact that Denerys cannot birth a human baby seems a key element in his plans.

Hmmm...I did wonder what the question of her pregnancy was leading to....I thought he brokered a deal for her child to be the succession since Daenerys doesn't have one.

Trinidave 2017-08-28 13:52:53 

BTW -- Bran is de worstest See-ah-Man ever. Tully was like, "Dude! You didn't know Jon's parents were married? Dude! You have ONE JOB!

powen001 2017-08-28 13:53:10 

In reply to steveo

Indeed!!

He must... technically he rode the mother of Dragons for practice big grin

steveo 2017-08-28 14:01:18 

In reply to powen001

lol lol lol

DukeStreet 2017-08-28 14:25:15 

In reply to powen001
She was determined to make sure he did bend the damn knee!

lol

Tryangle 2017-08-28 14:41:40 

Once this Jon is a Targ thing gets out, wonder how soon before Sansa (urged on by other Northern lords or otherwise) is advised to become Queen in the North. She's already aware that Jon's bent the knee.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 15:23:17 

In reply to Tryangle

bruh...the name of the episode is Dragon and the Wolf...Jon has the best of both worlds (and the worst too).

DukeStreet 2017-08-28 15:26:17 

In reply to Tryangle
Sansa needs a good thumping.

lol

Seriously tho, I had a good laugh when even Bran outed Littlefinger by saying "You held a knife to his throat. You said I did warn you not to trust me..."Poor Little finger just about pissed his pants. LMAO
lol

Tryangle 2017-08-28 15:44:11 

In reply to DAVE400

Depending on how the 'line of succession' works, Jon may still get to be a legitimate Stark - he's not Ned's son but his nephew. Bran's abdicated. Sansa may have a stronger claim to Winterfell but if boys always have priority then maybe Jon is still ahead of the queue.

So yeah, he could be the head of both Stark and Targaryen in concept.

Back to Theon a second. His reaction to the knee must mean that both the pillar *and* stones got cut out by Ramsay. Still though, it's not like flesh and bone got replaced by a metal box. I'd like to think it would have still hurt smile

powen001 2017-08-28 16:05:47 

In reply to DukeStreet

lol lol lol lol

my word...

powen001 2017-08-28 16:07:03 

In reply to DukeStreet

There were many many moments last night but outing little finger was in my top three.

DAVE400 2017-08-28 16:16:05 

In reply to Tryangle

I kept telling my wife...Theon can fight..he just has to remember how...

SnoopDog 2017-08-29 10:57:44 

In reply to Tryangle

John Snow Targaryen is going to rebuild that Wall, and the Knight King is going to pay for it. lol

powen001 2017-08-29 11:18:05 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Tryangle 2017-08-29 11:23:59 

In reply to powen001

It really is fascinating how a fantasy novel can really be used to contextualize modern society smile

powen001 2017-08-29 11:56:03 

In reply to Tryangle

Life imitating art and vice versa!

I caught the Jon Snow monologue about being truthful and how telling lies was becoming too common place and acceptable all around...Hold dat Mr Trump big grin

Then of course..choosing life over death and putting the differences aside...man the series got me good.

big grin

Trinidave 2017-08-29 14:18:11 

In reply to SnoopDog

John Snow Targaryen is going to rebuild that Wall, and the Knight King is going to pay for it. lol

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

carl0002 2017-08-29 14:27:06 

In reply to SnoopDog

John Snow Targaryen is going to rebuild that Wall, and the Knight King is going to pay for it.

lol lol lol lol

Scar 2017-08-29 14:42:40 

In reply to steveo
Tyrion "I do not want to destroy my family" is key. He wants to rule though. He, Jamie or Cersi baby to be born go kill her. I think he brokered some treacherous deal but he did not expect Jon & Dani to bone. Besides none a dem saw the Real Dead army so all deals are fragile as regular glass and Jon and Dani have dragon glass.

Scar 2017-08-29 14:43:14 

In reply to SnoopDog

big grin big grin big grin

steveo 2017-08-30 11:21:18 

In reply to Scar

Tyrion "I do not want to destroy my family" is key. He wants to rule though. He, Jamie or Cersi baby to be born go kill her. I think he brokered some treacherous deal but he did not expect Jon & Dani to bone. Besides none a dem saw the Real Dead army so all deals are fragile as regular glass and Jon and Dani have dragon glass.

Thank the gods lady olenna gave dany some pertinent advice before her death. Be a dragon. One of my favorite characters in the show.

carl0002 2017-08-30 11:26:53 

In reply to Scar
I think that likkle short runt Powen has something up his sleve and thats why he always begging dragon lady not to torch the kingdom dem. If its one thing you learn from GOT everyone always have a hidden motive except for John snow and perhaps dragon lady.

Even the Eunuch who disappeared for the last few episodes always have a plan A B and C.

SnoopDog 2017-08-30 16:16:21 

In reply to carl0002

Is St. Tyrion really a devil in disguise?

That would be a shocker and so incongruent with his character since season 1.

imusic 2017-08-30 17:12:51 

In reply to powen001

caught the Jon Snow monologue about being truthful and how telling lies was becoming too common place and acceptable all around

Jon snow is a hypocrite.

He conveniently forget that he was bullin Ygritte after taking the vow of celibacy as a member of the knights watch

Also...seeing that it now revelared he is Raeghar son....is Raeghar de brother dat did get "crown" with liquid hot gold by Khal Drogo?

If so...perhaps Jon subconsciously bullin he auntie as partial revenge f or the death of his father.

Ultimately he going to have to kill Khaleesi. Or she have to kill he

NineMiles 2017-08-30 18:32:35 

In reply to imusic

is Raeghar de brother dat did get "crown" with liquid hot gold by Khal Diogo?

Nope... that's Viserys. Raeghar died with his father the Mad King during the rebellion led by Robert Baratheon and Ed Stark!

imusic 2017-08-30 19:26:43 

In reply to NineMiles

Oh ok. Thanks ninesy

johndom90 2017-08-30 20:50:48 

forget that he was bullin Ygritte after taking the vow of celibacy as a member of the knights watch
In reply to imusic

Man...you know how damn cold it is North ah the wall?...i give him credit for gettting lift and angle under them conditions.....on top ah which he name snow....

what ah man to do when he meet ah willing wildling..north ah de wall?.

U did'nt hear torgman,, the boss wildling...tell the hound that they have to make do with anything up dey... cool cool