The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

TT Under-17 captain hails impressive spin attack

sgtdjones 2017-07-21 10:34:24 

TT Under-17 captain hails impressive spin attack
Friday, July 21 2017

TRINIDAD AND Tobago captain, Mbeki Joseph has credited his spin attack for retaining the Cricket West Indies Regional Under-17 title on home soil. The Young Red Force had one of the most balanced bowling attacks in the tournament.

Their impressive fast bowling stock featured Jayden Seales, Ronaldo Forester and Giovanni Letrin. They were complimented by off-spinner Avinash Mahabirsingh; left-arm orthodox Nicholas ‘Sancho’ Ali and leg-spinner Sameer Ali.

About the spin trio Joseph said, :Those guys were exceptional and a key factor in us retaining the title. Avinash is a solid middle- order batsman and provides the team with a tidy yet attacking right-arm off-spin bowling.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2017-07-21 10:36:36 

negotiate and Sameer

So T&T gats some good young ones. Interesting .

cool cool cool

granite 2017-07-21 12:39:43 

In reply to sgtdjones
Over the years they have always had above average spinners,some go on to do very well for TT,but Windies are stuck with the idea of 4 prong pace attack.

robbo 2017-07-21 13:13:18 

U19 starts soon.... I think it's being played in St Kitts...I hope they will have some decent pitches prepared and by that I mean something in it for the batsmen and bowlers.