Dizzy 2017-07-23 06:04:27 

Link Text

gvenkat 2017-07-23 08:08:18 

In reply to Dizzy

Brilliant read

Emir 2017-07-23 09:02:04 

In reply to Dizzy

Wow, Wow and Wow.

It is why India is the home of cricket- Period.

For an Indian writer to go to such great lengths is as amazing as the story itself.

BeatDball 2017-07-23 09:06:04 

In reply to Emir Dem mindians N banglas luv the game.

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 09:23:35 

“They know how to kill a career and leave someone for dead,” Fozzie tells me when I ask him about his memories of Patterson’s cricketing days. He doesn’t divulge anything else about how he has dealt with seeing a friend turn from a superstar to a near-outcast.

The typical CWI using players then abandon them in times of need.
I hope he gets help for his depression.
How many times have we heard such stories?
Then today, when the players go after income to meet future needs, we call them out.

So sad.

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 09:29:31 

The day I finally meet Patterson, I hear about the one time when Jamaica and Barbados faced up to each other in the late 1980s in what was referred to as a mini-Test. The game is supposed to have been the cricketing version of a demolition derby, a face-off between the fastest bowlers in the Caribbean. Barbados had Joel Garner and Malcolm Marshall. Jamaica had Michael Holding, Courtney Walsh and Patterson. The one memory that stands out for many who were at the Kensington Oval that day, is of a Patterson delivery that slammed into Gordon Greenidge’s chest. They recall a puff of the starch on Greenidge’s shirt flying up and the rare instance of the legendary opener being staggered by the blow. There’s a consensus that the country boy from Portland had won that test of pace single-handedly.

This is for Khaga

Khaga you claimed that Caribbean players never played against real fast bowlers.
I replied that you know little about the island games against each other and Guyana.
Guyana vs Barbados games were better than any test match during such years.

allan 2017-07-23 10:05:03 

In reply to Dizzy
great article.. I am sure "them" include his "friend Courtney walsh" and Richie Richardson.
they destroyed him

Slipfeeler 2017-07-23 10:31:59 

In reply to gvenkat

Ironically, just last week I was speaking to a cousin of Patterson here in Canada, who claims that he was by far a much better cricketer than Patterson. This cousin was selected to JA youth team but somehow got lost a long the way due to beauracacy.

This makes me wonder how many Lawrence Rowe, Brian Lara,Viv Richards, Clive Lloyd and Sir Garfield Sobers have been left along the way from all regions.

Khaga 2017-07-23 10:34:20 

In reply to sgtdjones

Club games..

rudebway 2017-07-23 10:39:42 

In reply to sgtdjones

I hope he gets help for his depression.
How many times have we heard such stories?
Then today, when the players go after income to meet future needs, we call them out.

fully agree. Patterson was the fastest thing i have ever seen, however i doubt that there is any established support system. If his condition make it to the Gleaner, there will be donations of cash, but no long term support system. I applaud Gayle and Pollard for going after the cash. It is a must. It is really sad when these ex cricketers end up like this, either broke, or with some mental issue. Every time i saw Richard Austin in the stands in Jamaica, it broke my heart.

mikesiva 2017-07-23 10:50:30 

In reply to rudebway

Agreed. I interviewed Austin in the mid 1990s and it made me weep.

Pollard and gayle have my support as they seek to maximise their earnings. I would do the same.

They don't want to end up like Patterson.

NineMiles 2017-07-23 10:56:59 

Patrick Patterson was seriously fast.... watched him in person during the 1988 and '91 tours to England. Not surprised Dujon rates him the quickest of all the WI fast bowlers he kept wicket to.

Very sad how his life has turned out!

gvenkat 2017-07-23 11:12:52 

Why does a caribbean author or a journo does not do stuff like this?

POINT 2017-07-23 11:25:44 

Imagine this Freaking S..T , most of
the so called Journalists in Jamaica &
the Region could not bring themselves
to talk to Patterson .

THEY WERE TO BUSY BEING SYCOPHANTS

OF THE WORST INTERNATIONAL CRICKET

BOARD IN THE COMMONWEALTH .

Yet they think of themselves as
Sports Journalists . Their only mission in life is to support the Arrogant ; Cantankerous People in the governance of West Indies Cricket .

AN INDIAN SPORTS REPORT HAD TO TRAVEL

TO JAMAICA TO FIND PATRICK PATTERSON

WHO WAS NOT DEAD ; OR IN PRISON OR IN

A MENTAL ASYLUM .

This is a very serious indictment on
ALL those in the Region , who claim to be Sports Journalist ; and prefer
instead the Emperor & his Minions .

It gives credence to my statements that there aint no credible Sports
Journalists in the Region .

gvenkat 2017-07-23 11:42:33 

In reply to POINT

Apart from Cozier,Becca and to an extent Faz. I don't think there are many story tellers in Caribbean media.

Larr Pullo 2017-07-23 11:47:01 

He's the Boo Radley of Wi cricket...

Halliwell 2017-07-23 11:49:46 

Link Text

Video of some of the interview

Obviously needs mental help and I hope now the parasitic your journalists and 'friends' from his past dont try to harass the guy selfishly

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 12:13:56 

In reply to Khaga

Club games..

As I noted you know little about Cricket in the Caribbean.

lol lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 12:19:28 

In reply to POINT

No past players want to talk to the Caribbean media

They all sing fer their supper.

So no journalist in Jamaica knows of this players situation?

Why wasn't it brought up to CWI and WIPA so he can get help
for his depression.
So he is classified as an outcast.

Dinas fought with the WICB for past players who today face poverty,but the H&H regime wanted to build an office for one in his home.

10 % of dat 142 million should go to help past players.

Wasp 2017-07-23 12:53:10 

Broke my heart seeing Patto. Glad to know he is alive as I always wondered about him.

Devin 2017-07-23 13:14:32 

Great article, but a terribly sad story. Duj, Walshie and Holding should get together to help him out.

POINT 2017-07-23 13:17:19 

Becca is the biggest JOKER in the Region ; and that is putting it mildly . Patterson is a Jamaican , Jamaica aint as big as India .

Yet it had to take an Indian Sports Reporter to unearth Patrick Patterson .Becca and others in the Region are to busy Supporting the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth .

I would like anyone to show me an article bY Becca , in which He was
critical of the WICBC/CWI . He in my
opinion can offer no blasted excuse , for not talking to Patrick Patterson .

This demonstrates to me that Becca is
unable to divorce himself from worshiping the People in the WICBC/CWI . This is why in my opinion he is a Dinosaur. HE has been brainwashed into thinking that Might is Always Right .

So his total allegiance is to the Worst International Cricket Board in
the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC , or as it now calls itself ; Cricket Worst Idiots , aka CWI .

POINT 2017-07-23 13:26:33 

In reply to Devin

Now if WIPA was a properly run Organization , It could have had a function on behalf of Patrick Patterson .

The problem however is that currently WIPA is a branch of the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC .

An Entity , known throughout the World for its Maladministration of Cricket in the Region . Its only concern is maintaining its Power . Nothing else matters to these Modern day Pirates of the Caribbean .

voiceofreason 2017-07-23 13:32:38 

In reply to Dizzy
Good article! Very insightful at the plight of cricketers after their glory days. The system failed him plain and simple. There was no support structure in place to aid Mr. Patterson's after cricket days. Really sad. WICB, JCA, Jamaican Government all seemed to have neglected this fallen soldier. It took a determined Journalist from India six years to sought out Patterson and to bring his plight to the fore. Hopefully someone can step in and assist him.

POINT 2017-07-23 14:39:17 

The Emperor & his Minions in the Worst
International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , are Shameless People .

ALL that they are concerned about is
Self Preservation , and their 89 years old Security Blanket , the current Structure ; remains intact .

It allows them to be not Transparent
;Not Accountable & uninterested in adhering to the Principles of Good Governance .

Worse yet they have the wholehearted
Support of the International Cricket
Crooks , whose only interest is how much money England ; Australia & India must get . The ICC is in serious need of being Investigated .

sudden 2017-07-23 14:42:32 

Patterson's issues seem to have a lot to do with his mental state and not his monetary state.

posters who like to push the grab every cent mantra pounced on this story to conflate the issues.

rudebway 2017-07-23 15:14:55 

In reply to sudden

It doesn't matter what % of his issues are mental from financial. The article specifically states that he worries about food. And that him kids send him money monthly to keep him afloat. Money matters. Unless the critics are going to pay their bills when they are old

sudden 2017-07-23 15:41:10 

wish him well tho.

why is it that of all WI players Ja cricketers seem to have the most mental issues?

sudden 2017-07-23 15:41:19 

In reply to rudebway

of course it does. the reason Paterson didn't play more for the WI, which impacted his ability to earn some more dosh, was because of his mental issues stemming from how he was treated prior to making his first class debut-

But it’s at this point, just after his first-class debut, that, he says, he underwent a life-altering experience. He was roped in to play in the Saddleworth League in England, a lower-tier league based in Lancashire, where Patterson claims he was playing alongside 60 and 70-year-olds. He was being paid a pittance and pretty much left to fend for himself. He remembers a one-off visit to Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akram’s residence. “It was a fancy house on a hill. He was a wonderful host, but I couldn’t stay for long. It made me feel awkward. At the same time, I was bunking with a bunch of reggae musicians in a low-income area of Manchester,” he says. His growing disenchantment led to differences with the captain and Patterson recalls how he stood at the top of his bowling mark once and just couldn’t bring himself to bowl.

Matters grew worse, he claims, when he finished the season there and joined Tasmania in Australia as an overseas professional in the Sheffield Shield. The treatment there was equally humiliating, he reveals, with the state team refusing to provide him with any sort of formal accommodation. “I was pretty much just staying with whoever would offer me a residence, man or woman. And often, when we went out of Hobart to play matches, my luggage would be in the reception the moment we returned after the last day’s play,” he says.

Patterson, of course, would go on to higher honours soon after with the West Indies and gain notoriety as one of the most menacing fast bowlers in the world. But, he keeps harping on how those early “misadventures” left an overriding impact on him, and, eventually, “took me to places that nobody should go”. He claims to have written “injustice” in bold, capital letters across his living room wall, but he has no memory of when he had done so.

Wally-1 2017-07-23 15:45:36 

In reply to sudden It strikes me that Patto could've been helped back to normalcy..Im no expert in this field, but it seems as if depression is the genesis of his current condition..That illness can destroy you if not treated.

ProWI 2017-07-23 15:49:27 

In reply to Dizzy

I find this story so sad on a human level. Moreso, because of how players like Patterson, whatever their personal demons, are left on their own and forgotten.

I hope someone at CWI, after reading this, will reach out in an official way and convinced Patterson that he not forgotten. They can do so by offering some kind of assistance.

What about a percentage of the gates from the next Test match or ODI played in JA. Call it the Patrick Patterson Day, where not only the CWI, but also the general public can make a financial contribution.

It's because of experiences like this, or the fear of it, that cause most young cricketers to insure their financial future, by first looking to the T20 circuit, rather than representing the Windies. Windies cricket may die under its leadership and it's lack of foresight on a broad range of issue, but players, often without much to fall back on, after dedicating themselves to cricket, can not be blamed for thinking of me and myself first.

CowLasher 2017-07-23 15:58:53 

In reply to sudden

was because of his mental issues stemming from how he was treated prior to making his first class debut

You have absolutely no basis for making that conclusion. Is he alleging that Wasim Akram mistreated him? No. For all we know he may have had pre-existing mental issues and its just his paranoia or discomfort about being surrounded by affluence talking.
Anyone who knows anything about mental illness will tell you that its most likely to emerge in the late teens and early 20s... bipolar disorders and schizophrenia are most common in that age range. Patterson was in that age range at that time.

Sure he was probably ill-treated by his team-mates who probably didn't understand he was showing signs of mental illness; and by the board that failed to provide support.

jelfew 2017-07-23 15:59:23 

In reply to sudden

I agree with you. I remember when Patterson and Walsh was dropped from the WI team ast the sasme time. Patterson disappeared from cricket and Walshplaying the following season, went on to break Ambrose record of taking the most wicket in a reghional competition and rejoined the WI team.

Some people like Patterson, Austin and Chang cannot handle disappointment and they need help. I am glad that we can read this article about Patterson and hope that he will get help. Of course some of our posters cannot help their warped minds and poison pens from blaming someone else for a person's misfortune.

He was indeed one one my favourite bowlers. I remember when I first saw him bowling at Sabina Park how the crowd went wild for him. But guess what, Walsh was taking the wickets. big grin big grin

Cameron 2017-07-23 16:21:53 

In reply to jelfew

What all this means is that in addition to having medical personnel, every Windies team needs to have a mental health professional. We cannot keep wasting our human capital due to our ignorance about mental health.

sudden 2017-07-23 16:27:58 

In reply to CowLasher

mate, i did not make that up you know.

read it here-

But it’s at this point, just after his first-class debut, that, he says, he underwent a life-altering experience. He was roped in to play in the Saddleworth League in England, a lower-tier league based in Lancashire, where Patterson claims he was playing alongside 60 and 70-year-olds. He was being paid a pittance and pretty much left to fend for himself. He remembers a one-off visit to Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akram’s residence. “It was a fancy house on a hill. He was a wonderful host, but I couldn’t stay for long. It made me feel awkward. At the same time, I was bunking with a bunch of reggae musicians in a low-income area of Manchester,” he says. His growing disenchantment led to differences with the captain and Patterson recalls how he stood at the top of his bowling mark once and just couldn’t bring himself to bowl.

Matters grew worse, he claims, when he finished the season there and joined Tasmania in Australia as an overseas professional in the Sheffield Shield. The treatment there was equally humiliating, he reveals, with the state team refusing to provide him with any sort of formal accommodation. “I was pretty much just staying with whoever would offer me a residence, man or woman. And often, when we went out of Hobart to play matches, my luggage would be in the reception the moment we returned after the last day’s play,” he says.

Patterson, of course, would go on to higher honours soon after with the West Indies and gain notoriety as one of the most menacing fast bowlers in the world. But, he keeps harping on how those early “misadventures” left an overriding impact on him, and, eventually, “took me to places that nobody should go”. He claims to have written “injustice” in bold, capital letters across his living room wall, but he has no memory of when he had done so.

jelfew 2017-07-23 16:38:47 

In reply to Cameron

That would be nice but this is where the local associations, the local governments and probably CARICOM come in. These players will go to their local homes and this is where they need the support to be able to handle their disappointments and particular mental and other problems.

sudden 2017-07-23 16:44:51 

In reply to jelfew

correct. another thing, often persons with these mental health issues turn into recluse and it is quite difficult to get them help if they would allow you to see them in the first place.

it is a v troubling issue to confront and to deal with. so i believe that at the outset of a WI debut all players should be assessed as much for their physical health as their mental with ongoing monitoring, especially those most vulnerable-Jamaicans

silver 2017-07-23 16:54:50 

Patrick Patterson is the biggest cricket myth ever

POINT 2017-07-23 17:14:06 

My perspective here is that MANY in this Forum are missing the freaking Issue , So let me restate the Freaking
essential point , pardon the pun .

WHY THE HELL DID IT HAVE TO TAKE A

SPORTS JOURNALIST FROM INDIA TO

UNEARTH AND SPEAK TO PATRICK

PATTERSON ?????????????????????????

MANY OF THOSE IN THE REGION WHO

CLAIM TO BE SPORTS JOURNALISTS

SERIOUSLY ARE NOTHING BUT FRAUDS .

I have been stating this fact for quite sometime in this Forum . THEY
prefer to be the willing Stooges of
the Worst International Cricket Board
in the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC .

Those who especially live in Jamaica
will never ever live this down . This
is a stain , akin to the mark of Cain
that will be on them forever , also
on the other so called Sports Journalists in the Region .

They ALL prefer being critical of the Players while supporting the Arrogant; Cantankerous ; Egomaniacs
aka ACE who populate the Worst International Board in the Commonwealth .

Worse yet is that ACE has the wholehearted support of the ICC , an
Entity that recently allowed three of its members , namely England ; Australia & India to briefly stage a
Coup to get most of the Profits of the International Cricket Council .

It is quite evident that both the ICC & its Member Boards are only interested in Money nothing else
matters to them .

Perhaps that is why the India Supreme
Court intervened and removed the President & Secretary of the BCCI from their Official positions in the
BCCI .

It is my understanding that the Emperor of ACE , went to a Radio station , and was allowed to make certain demands . First he did not want a certain Journalist to Sit near
him .

The Emperor also demanded that the
Same Sports Journalist be banned from
asking him Questions . This is a freaking Stain on that Radio Station .Because a Sports Journalist was denied an opportunity to ask the Emperor Questions .

sudden 2017-07-23 17:27:49 

In reply to POINT

how do you know that persons did not try to help Patterson?

how do you know that Patterson did not rebuff WI journalists?

how do you know that WI journalists did not consider writing such a story but refused becos they did not want to embarrass him?

how do know that Patterson did not decline help from family, friends, ex players and WICB?

you keep posting the same shoite and think that you are making some kind of point but you are just like a broken pencil...pointless

gvenkat 2017-07-23 17:35:19 

In reply to sudden

I posted the same before about why a WI journo did not do the same. Perhaps two things come to mind after thought

1) Patto was not interested.
2) Caribbean Journos not compotent enough to pen a human story like this apart from Cozier, Becca and Faz.

jelfew 2017-07-23 17:36:53 

In reply to sudden

I think you have made your point and I have.

POINT 2017-07-23 17:40:36 

You are a Lawyer , I am not , however
the onus is on you and others who think like YOU to produce credible evidence that Persons Tried to help
Patterson .

The onus is also on you to provide credible evidence that Journalists were rebuffed by Patterson .

Produce credible evidence that Journalists wanted to write about Patterson but were Embarrassed .

Produce credible evidence that Patterson refused help everyone .

That is what I expect GOOD Lawyers would do . So as they say the ball is in your Court . Please note however
that I stated CREDIBLE EVIDENCE .

I find it interesting that You made no comment about the incident in the
Radio Station . I am wondering why
that has escaped your notice ; Obfuscation perhaps ???

sudden 2017-07-23 17:42:15 

In reply to gvenkat

2) Caribbean Journos not compotent enough to pen a human story like this apart from Cozier, Becca and Faz.

yeah may be they are not compotent??? but i believe in Ja there are plenty of journalists who could do a comparable if not better piece. but it depends on whether they wanted to and if Patterson was willing to participate

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 17:42:46 

In reply to gvenkat

Caribbean Journalists are pawns of the Cricket Board.

Writing such a story locally would diss the Board and all the freebies would stop.

The Player didn't trust any local scriber based on knowing the above.

It's obvious this player is suffering from depression.
CWI cannot take a diamond in the rough U19 player to the next level, they are clueless about any medical problem.They all end up as such charcoal.

Yet people as yourself call them mercenaries for playing where the money is, ironic isn't it.

You think he is the only one in this situation, they gave the best they had and discarded.

There are others ask Dinas?

CowLasher 2017-07-23 17:45:35 

In reply to sudden

So you're willing to take the recollections of an obviously mentally ill man as fact? So how is it that so many other West Indian players participated in the Lancashire Leagues and don't have those same complaints? Why would it be difficult to acknowledge the possibility that his mental issues started before he got to England?

sudden 2017-07-23 17:45:56 

In reply to sgtdjones

man stop posting Rubbish. did the WICB cause Patterson's issues?

pure shoite as usual

CowLasher 2017-07-23 17:48:52 

On a tangential note; here's Dujon rating Patterson as the fastest WI bowler and telling the story of Patterson entering the Australia dressing room and threatening to kill some of the players: Who was the fastest West Indian bowler?

sudden 2017-07-23 17:50:53 

In reply to CowLasher

of course he may have had some pre-existing issues. the rest i cant answer but it seems you know more than Patterson

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 17:50:58 

In reply to sudden

Its obviously you know little about medical issues

similar to your knowledge about helping governments get elected.

You are all hot air,most likely with the girth to support such.

What if he was borderline manic, the treatment with various individuals may have caused his depression to get worst over time.

Why didn't the WICB notice such,was help available?
Dont players get a medical, What clueless medical staff dem gats ?

They did the same dam thing with Gilchrist.

sudden 2017-07-23 17:53:00 

In reply to sgtdjones

more puup from Dr sgtjones psycho the rapist

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 17:56:42 

In reply to sudden

Typical response when fed facts

Have a good evening, we will meet again.

cool cool cool

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 18:02:12 

In reply to POINT

He is a lawyer. Really

Must be a piss poor one to make such comments.

Thanks fer the info.

Most in the legal profession are somewhat knowledgeable
about such indications.

He must have gotten his from a mail order Trump University.

lol lol lol

sudden 2017-07-23 18:10:23 

In reply to sgtdjones

you and thefacts are the same..full of faeces

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 18:22:29 

In reply to sudden

You seem to be aware of faeces and knowledgeable

You doing good staying with such, you sound comfortable,
doh move stay there.

Thanks fer the warning.

cool cool cool

Headley 2017-07-23 18:25:04 

Patterson has maniac depression. What he says needs to be interpreted in that context. All of the nonsense written about who "them" is and who has not helped is just that - nonsense. Trust me if he was willing to let his family and Hectors River community help he would not be unable to get food. I am not saying he would be well provided for, but he would get the necessities.

Hectors River folks don't have destitute family members. Not in that community. Poor but not destitute.

BTW Hectors River is in Portland on the East Coast of Ja not central Ja.

sgtdjones 2017-07-23 19:18:38 

In reply to Headley

You seem to understand his indications.

He has withdrawn him self from family and friends, that's not good.

He is hearing voices and suspects his phone is tapped. Not good.

In his world it's just black or white ( mania), he is not seeing anything in gray. Not good.

In this state, he will trust very few individuals.

He will not ask for help even for food. He will not allow anyone into his home.

Unfortunately, when his inward pain becomes too much, they commit suicide.

Hectors River folks most likely are not aware and may not have the help he needs.

Chrissy 2017-07-23 19:42:46 

In reply to Dizzy

It really is good. It would take a foreigner to find him.

Chrissy 2017-07-23 19:44:23 

In reply to Headley

His family provide him with basics. His children visit him.

Chrissy 2017-07-23 19:47:20 

In reply to rudebway

Austin was not the only member of his family with mental problems. They lived in Mona Heights and his brother 'Treasure' was in a much worse condition. Indeed he used t o hop around on one leg.

POINT 2017-07-23 22:02:03 

In reply to sgtdjones

My understanding is that He is indeed a Lawyer , and I have no reason to doubt that fact .

rudebway 2017-07-23 22:07:50 

In reply to Chrissy

i was not aware of the hereditary aspect of Austin's plight. Always heard that he went mad after the rebel tour, so i figured it was substance abuse related. saw him at sabina hanging around Brian Breese. He was in bad shape. You can feed him, and give him cash, but you know that it will not solve the problem. the biggest issue with mental illness is that the individual is generally in denial, and paranoid that everyone is trying to hurt them. Non compliance with medication just makes it worse. a true no win situation.

Emir 2017-07-23 22:30:11 

In reply to gvenkat

Why does a caribbean author or a journo does not do stuff like this?

Let me know when you find out. wink

POINT 2017-07-23 22:34:59 

Let US not beat about the Bush . The stark Truth is that a Cricket Journalist from India , took the Time
& Effort to find Patrick Patterson .

While Sports Journalists in the Region
never bothered . Perhaps they were to
busy praising the Emperors in the WICBC . My perspective is that this
does not portray the Sports Journalists in the Region in a Good Light .

Now people can say and write all sorts of things . So tell me the last
occasion that a Sports Journalist in the Region , sought to find out the whereabouts of Patrick Patterson or wrote an Article about Patrick Patterson .

Mr. Bharat Sundaresan , must be commended for his dogged determination , in spending 6 years of his life & 3 Trips to Jamaica in an effort to track down & find Patrick Patterson .

On doubtedly he has show The Faux Sports Journalists in the Region how
Real Sports Journalists ply their Trade .

mittheimp 2017-07-24 09:33:46 

In reply to rudebway

I applaud Gayle and Pollard for going after the cash. It is a must. It is really sad when these ex cricketers end up like this, either broke, or with some mental issue. Every time i saw Richard Austin in the stands in Jamaica, it broke my heart.

Perhaps if Richard Austin hadn't gone after the cash his life would have been different.

sgtdjones 2017-07-24 10:00:26 

In reply to POINT

My understanding is that He is indeed a Lawyer , and I have no reason to doubt that fact .

sudden Joined: 27-Nov-2006
more puup from Dr sgtjones psycho the rapist

This guy comes here and tells about his 4 marriages, the irony he has no clue who is the common denominator in his marriages?
Can 4 women be so wrong?

Would an officer of the court make such a comment without facts?

Says a lot doesn't it.

carl0002 2017-07-24 11:05:20 

The reality is that across the Caribbean anyone with these sorts of issues is likely to be left behind. And sadly we have too many examples of this happening some already articulated. Step away a second from cricket and Look at Hue Crosskill. Famed sports castor across the Caribbean. He got shot by a security guard while rustling through a garbage bin. Now which employer from Jamaica down to Barbados was responsible for making sure he was taken care of. So this is not a WICB/CWI issue, it's a Caribbean society issue and simply short sighted and unfair to pin this on any one organization.

Halliwell 2017-07-24 12:31:01 

In reply to carl0002

Isn't cricket often marketed as a close knit community?
Note I don't necessarily disagree with you.

CricketLuva4 2017-07-24 13:06:23 

In reply to Dizzy

Good read, thanks for sharing.

CricketLuva4 2017-07-24 13:19:36 

In reply to ProWI

It's because of experiences like this, or the fear of it, that cause most young cricketers to insure their financial future, by first looking to the T20 circuit, rather than representing the Windies. Windies cricket may die under its leadership and it's lack of foresight on a broad range of issue, but players, often without much to fall back on, after dedicating themselves to cricket, can not be blamed for thinking of me and myself first.

As far as recent international cricket goes, why is it we mainly hear of depression issues with English players (Trott, Yardy, Trescothick, etc)?

My guess is that England is one of the few nations with a support system for such players to feel comfortable coming out on their issues. Cricket is a mentally taxing game.

carl0002 2017-07-24 14:51:02 

In reply to Halliwell

Isn't cricket often marketed as a close knit community?

Not sure what u mean, give an example. Is cricket marketed at all across the region?

XDFIX 2017-07-24 17:04:44 

Is Radio Jamaica taking care of Bobby Fray?

Are employers responsible for employees after their contracts are executed or terminated?

Just asking - come in POINT!

SirGarny 2017-07-24 17:22:46 

In reply to Slipfeeler

This makes me wonder how many Lawrence Rowe, Brian Lara,Viv Richards, Clive Lloyd and Sir Garfield Sobers have been left along the way from all regions

Ask any Jamaican who's been involved with cricket since the 1960's and they will tell you....COUNTRY BWOY CYAAAAN GET NOH PLAY!

You have to join one of those Kinstson clubs if you want to go far.

POINT 2017-07-24 18:53:31 

In reply to XDFIX

I have always advocated that Players
who have played for Regional Teams &
for the West Indies , should be accorded BENEFIT MATCHES ; as recognition for the Services .

My belief is that You are missing the central issue of all that I have stated in this Matter . So let me repeat myself .

I find it very troubling that a Sports Journalist from India took the
time & effort plus 3 trips to Jamaica
to not only discover the whereabouts of Patrick Patterson ; but also to have a conversation with him .

Orville Higgins ; Tony Becca et al
live in Jamaica , so it is fair to ask this question :

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ANY OF THEM

SPOKE TO PATRICK PATTERSON ???????

Hell , Patterson served both Jamaica
& the West Indies Team . The Central
Issue in my opinion is this :

PEOPLE YOUNG OR OLD ARE NOT FREAKING

FURNITURE , THOSE THAT HAVE MENTAL

PROBLEMS SHOULD GET HELP ; ALSO THOSE

WHO HAVE FALLEN ON HARD TIMES SHOULD

BE ABLE TO GET A JOB .

In essence , none of us can or will
know what can happen to us in a second , that can completely alter our lives either , better or worse .

I am not a Jamaican so I have no idea
about Bobby Fray or his situation .
I have no idea , but perhaps You could inform me when did the :

WICBC/CWI HAVE A BENEFIT MATCH FOR

FOR ANY PLAYER WHO REPRESENTED THE

REGION ; OR IS IT THAT BENEFIT

MATCHES ARE NOT IN VOGUE THESE DAYS ?

Timpy 2017-07-24 21:00:24 

In reply to Headley

Thanks, I saw the error as well. North East to be exact,

XDFIX 2017-07-24 23:13:36 

In reply to POINT

You are missing my point - is an employer responsible for former employees?

spider 2017-07-26 18:40:22 

In reply to XDFIX

Around 2015 I believe, proceeds from the Lawrence Rowe weekend of Legends held in Florida was supposed to go towards helping Patterson.

POINT 2017-07-26 19:19:13 

In reply to XDFIX

Let me ask You a some simple questions

1.DID THE WICBC HAVE A BENEFIT MATCH

FOR PATRICK PATTERSON ?????

2.DID THE JAMAICAN CRICKET BOARD HAVE

A BENEFIT MATCH FOR PATRICK

PATTERSON ?????

Do you believe that Patterson deserved to have a Benefit Match ????
It is very clear that he has some Mental Problems , and I am of the opinion that he should be helped .

XDFIX 2017-07-26 19:34:34 

In reply to POINT

Is an employer responsible for former employees?

Jenny worked for a major private corpation for 20 years, lost her job when the company downsized.

She was diagnozed soon after with MS - what should her former company do for her?

The point I am making, sports people should not feel entitled!

We put sports and sports people on too much of a glorious and high pedestal!

Miss Mattie with over 40 years of teaching at that primary school in Low River should be valued more than any sportsman or woman who gives us a few years of emotional fling

People place far too much value on less important things in life!

powen001 2017-07-27 19:14:51 

In reply to gvenkat

i was hoping this was you who wrote it..straight up. big grin

openning 2017-07-27 23:24:29 

In reply to POINT

Now that you read the fate of Patterson, what are you willing to do to assist him?
You always have talk, this is a good time to get in touch with JCA or an association to start a fun for the man.

hawk 2017-07-28 01:43:51 

Link Text

hear him speak

XDFIX 2017-07-28 08:16:37 

In reply to hawk

Is Patto Wolmerian or Titchfieldite?

Duj is Wolmerian

camos 2017-07-28 08:25:02 

In reply to XDFIX

he went to Happy Grove and XED.

XDFIX 2017-07-28 09:16:12 

In reply to camos

Oh, thank you!

JoeGrine 2017-07-28 12:22:34 

In reply to camos

Unless my memory is poor, I remember him at Wolmers. Even played against him

camos 2017-07-28 12:28:54 

In reply to JoeGrine

remember seeing him against Dinthill in Headley Cup semi in Spanish Town, then he went to XLCR for six form.