The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Today is Selassie's 125th earth day

Chrissy 2017-07-23 11:12:23 

His 1963 speech at the UN is the reason he matters for me

here

Bob's War is part of that speech

buds 2017-07-23 13:00:35 

Yep-A crucial speech--I used to sing that song as a teenager until I found out that he made that speech at the UN.

Chrissy 2017-07-23 15:28:13 

In reply to buds

True for most folks.

DirtyDan 2017-07-23 15:52:55 

In reply to buds

did you mean you used to sing that song and you stopped when you found out Selassie made that speech at the UN?

XDFIX 2017-07-23 15:59:16 

This, then, is the ultimate challenge. Where are we to look for our survival, for the answers to the questions which have never before been posed?

We must look, first, to Almighty God, Who has raised man above the animals and endowed him with intelligence and reason. We must put our faith in Him, that He will not desert us or permit us to destroy humanity which He created in His image.

And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.

Endorsed!

Chrissy 2017-07-23 16:28:10 

In reply to buds

Look how many places celebrating di anniversary

Men musse burning some serious weed lol