The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Two half-centuries for Matthew Forde in U15 invitational

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-08-15 12:12:18 

LONDON – All-rounder Matthew Forde, skipper Sachin Singh and fast bowler Jayden Seales have been among the stand-out performers for the Windies Under-15 Invitational squad which has so far won two of their three matches on the Tour of England.

Forde has hit a couple of half-centuries and logged a tidy bowling performances, Singh has hit a half-century as he has batted steadily and Seales has been consistent with the ball, as the Windies U15 Invitational logged wins in a Twenty20 match against London Under-15s and a 50 overs-a-side contest against Herfordshire Emerging Players Performance before losing a 50 overs match against Hampshire Development Squad.

In the opening match last Wednesday, an unbeaten half-century from Singh and his unbroken century, second-wicket stand with Seth Agard carried the Windies U15 Invitational to a commanding victory over London U15s.

Full Story

Arawak 2017-08-15 15:27:19 

Nice to see the youths doing well. The only way back is through these guys.

POINT 2017-08-15 16:35:56 

There are some very important Factors that ALL Players in the West Indies do not have ; while other International Players have . First of all is the fact that at ALL LEVELS :

THEY PLAY MORE CRICKET THAN OUR

PLAYERS .

THEY HAVE THE BENEFIT OF GETTING GOOD

COACHING IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME .

THEY HAVE HIGH PERFORMANCE CENTERS .

AS FAR AS I AM AWARE CURRENTLY WE

AINT HAVE ANY .

THEY HAVE HAD LEAGUES ; STATES &

COUNTY CRICKET FOR MANY MANY YEARS .

IN THIS REGION WE HAVE JUST STARTED

THIS ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO .

I cite the above to state that it aint about talent in the Region , there is talent in the Region .

So then what is really being done on
a comprehensive and holistic manner
in Recognizing ;Harnessing ; and Honing the Talents of Young Cricketers in the Region ?????????

In my opinion , those in the governance of Cricket in the Region
are much more interested in SELF PRESERVATION .

There is absolutely no incentive for
ALL the Stewards of Cricket in the Region to do better than they are currently doing , because every year
the ICC is giving them money .

BTW IN CASE SOME HAVE FORGOTTEN THE

STANDARD OF CRICKET IN THE REGION IS

BELOW WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BEAT TOP

TEAMS IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET . THIS

IS A FACT NOT FREAKING FICTION .

POINT 2017-08-16 12:08:46 

Is there Anyone who wishes to dispute
what I have stayed above ?????????

openning 2017-08-16 12:19:45 

In reply to POINT
You continue to write the same thing over and over.
Our teams at the youth level, have always been competitive, thats a fact, not fiction.
These youngters are getting better coaching, because they are centres in Trinidad, Barbados, Antigua, Dominica and St.Lucia for these youngsters.
Our problem is having semi pro leagues in all the territories, where players can be contracted and coach.