The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

An Army of Police Arrest Anand Ramlogan

Emir 2017-08-30 15:37:31 

How Dotish, Wicked and Incompetent Can The TTPS reach?

Anand Ramlogan and I are not friends and differ on too many things to mention. I have little love for anything left in the United National Congress and could never be considered a supporter of that party, but as a citizen of Trinidad & Tobago and a political activist politician i am forced to register my displeasure with the police actions yesterday.
He is a lawyer and an officer of the court. Why not just call him in? Why not contact his lawyer and request a meeting? Why the heavy handed stunt arrest? Was an attempt made to invite him for questioning and he refused?
Was this meant to be a show of force to inspire confidence in the police? Because it backfired, miserably. The Trinidad & Tobago Police Service do not need any more black eyes, and i am sorry, this was hardly correct operating procedure for that particular situation and instead came across reeking of an overt politicisation of what is supposed to be an independent arm of the state.
Surely there must be an enquiry into what exactly took place here, who made the decision to send ten carloads of police to detain one man who cannot even be considered a flight risk?
The police service has a mandate to protect and serve, but may need reminding they serve the people.
We the people of this country deserve far better than this, and the entire leadership of the TTPS should be ashamed that all this stunt did was demonstrate that in the bright light of the interconnected first world age of information and empowerment, we are still operating as a banana republic.
Bring everyone to justice who have questions to answer, but quit the games. We need a police service we could believe in and support.
That stunt yesterday morning was the complete opposite of that.

Runs 2017-08-30 16:03:16 

In reply to Emir

TnT needs to teach Guyanese politicians how to serve justice on corrupt officials and politrikkians.

sgtdjones 2017-08-30 18:10:37 

In reply to Emir

What about when they went to get the Chief Justice Sharma

Yet he won in Court.

A man who lost millions at Petro Trin his case was dropped.

problemjay must be proud.

sgtdjones 2017-08-30 18:12:27 

Anand still in custody: Oppressive says his lawyers
...Opposition members also criticise detention

FORMER attorney general Anand Ramlogan SC remains in custody this afternoon, more than a day after a dramatic arrest by a contingent of police officers who swarmed his private home in Palmiste, south Trinidad before daybreak on Tuesday.

At around 2p.m. Ramlogan's attorneys emerged from Police Headquarters and addressed the media.

Elder said: “Our client has not been charged. It's rather disappointing but we are monitoring the situation closely and we would be returning here in about an hour's time…it is becoming oppressive now because he has been in continuous detention since 6o'clock yesterday and he has been cooperating fully with the police officers”.

She added: “You would appreciate that he was arrested on reasonable suspicion that he committed an offence. This investigation has been going on for two years now so a reasonable expectation is that charges, if charges are to be laid, would already have been laid”.

Justice of the Peace Ackbar Khan who met with Ramlogan and authenticated the witness statements at the police station said “Ramlogan was very comfortable. He was not too well, his health, and I gave instructions to accommodate him, a bed or something…”.

sgtdjones 2017-08-30 18:18:00 

UNC MP Roodal Moonilal said the development with Ramlogan “was a witch-hunt and deliberate attempt to distract attention from Ferrygate, Government’s bungling on the Robert Le Hunte matter and T&T’s murder rate.”

UNC leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar is expected back from the US today.

National Alliance for Reconstruction’s Wendell Eversley, who stood outside Police Headquarters all day, said, “People not stupid— this is being done to distract from Government’s problems with the ferries and the foul up with the Public Utilities Ministry and ‘Ghanaian’ Minister Le Hunte.”

DirtyDan 2017-08-30 18:56:27 

were there problems with ferries?

sgtdjones 2017-08-30 20:38:48 

Anand goes to court Friday, charged with two offences

Former Attorney General, Anand Ramlogan, was today charged with misbehaviour in public office and obstruction of justice arising from allegations contained in a report made by David West to the Commissioner of Police, on January 28th, 2015.

The charges were laid against Ramlogan following consultation with the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.

The charges were laid by ASP (Ag.) Arrlet Groome of the Fraud Squad.

Ramlogan's lead attorney Pamela Elder SC told the media on Wednesday evening that Ramlogan secured $750,000 bail and had been released from custody.

Elder said: "These charges are very serious allegations. My client as you all known was a former attorney general and has served this country with distinction. He is a person of impeccable character. I patiently and eagerly await the day that this person who has made these allegations against my client to appear in court and support them".

johndom90 2017-08-30 20:46:12 

Bunch ah forkane crooks...all ah dem. From captain, police to cook.

Good Riddance to all ah dem...Police, lawyer...all of them damn corrupt to

the bone, and if they ent corrupt they know where the goats could find it. evil

Emir 2017-08-30 20:54:21 

In reply to sgtdjones

Look, I don't care what the UNC politicians say about the situation, they are all playing politics.

My Bone is this- he is a former AG, no flight risk, the investigations is 2 years old, his lawyer wrote the the top cop clearly telling the COP, his client is willing to meet and cooperate.

Why send 10 cop cars to arrest him at 5.30 in the morning?

Why not ask him to come down to the HQ?

You send 10 cop squad for violent criminals, a drug bust, riots etc. Not to arrest a well known citizen with no criminal record.

Those 10 cops cars could have been fighting the drug dealers.

Anand will have his day in court and he has the best lawyers, so this is not the issue.

Emir 2017-08-30 20:56:41 

In reply to Runs

Nah, they will be bad teachers, call Signapore

sgtdjones 2017-08-30 21:03:47 

In reply to johndom90

Agreed all crooks.

I will not belong to any of them parties.

twisted twisted twisted

johndom90 2017-08-30 21:08:47 

In reply to sgtdjones

One Friday night in the 80's 5 carload full of cops came for my neighbour,midnight at her home, to arrest her on an outstanding traffic ticket. Single mother, professional, 10 yr old daughter. She had to beg them to allow my family to keep the child while they took her down. She was no violent criminal,but, it was Friday night, and its traditional that they make up numbers on a Friday night...no bail until maybe monday morning. Pure wickedness.

So i say...what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Emir 2017-08-30 21:45:42 

In reply to johndom90

So i say...what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

This type of logic helps no one and it allows the politicians to get away with their corrupt ways, don;t forget the police is led by politicians.

johndom90 2017-08-30 21:47:39 

In reply to Emir

Its called equality in the eyes of the law as practised, no favoritism allowed, no prejudice.

Emir 2017-08-30 21:54:51 

In reply to johndom90

Its called equality in the eyes of the law as practised, no favoritism allowed, no prejudice.

That is not what constitutes equality. I am CAUTIONING YOU, THAT FALSE LOGIC WILL ENSURE THE POLITICIANS GET AWAY WITH THeIR CROOKED WAYs.

Change your perception.

johndom90 2017-08-30 22:07:32 

In reply to Emir

you could caution all you want, yellow card, red card...is all the same.

The entire system is corrupt. You may have some special love for Anand but I don't.

I'm sure he has huge skeletons in his closet but as usual, the judicial system

in TT will fail to make anything stick. And by the way ANand is one of those politicians

that you refer to ...presiding AG over everything, dishing out legal briefs to his cadre of

minions....like I said...i have no love lost for Anand and others of his ilk, whether brown, black
white, curly hair straight hair.....no hair

bravos 2017-08-31 00:17:17 

F@ck & &,all ah dem tief!

Tell me about Dana..

bravos 2017-08-31 00:18:04 

In reply to Runs

Thank you,why must he be given special treatment...f@ck that he's a lawyer,he isn't above process.

He was charged with misbehavior in public office and obstruction of justice,country growing up and old hard back man talking shit,fack & & and all ah dem on all sides..

granite 2017-08-31 05:23:36 

Some law breakers get ah lil smack on the wrist and is told in a whisper doh do it again,for some others it's an almighty over re-action.Let's hear what happened to the Minister who marched in the bank with about $150000 in notes,(cash),when questioned about it,she gave some explanation,and all ended without whimper.If that was anybody else they would have to explain to one and all,way yuh get dat money.They are becoming a joke,now they beating policeman ,well they doing that a lil while now.

Emir 2017-08-31 07:58:25 

In reply to granite

now they beating policeman ,well they doing that a lil while now.

Well to be honest, I saw a video of the police- boys who got a cut arse from the villagers. Now, there were two middle age women who acted horribly, but dem police boys deserved a cut arse for dotishness.

Watching that tape, you wonder where they got police training from.

sgtdjones 2017-08-31 09:24:07 

I am predicting that he will win in Court.

He will then sue and the tax payers will foot the bill

Duncy arse policemen and their investigation.

bravos 2017-08-31 12:00:05 

Allyuh ain realize de police didn't wanta kill de unarmed people so dey retreat,very commendable,this is TT not the USA where they woulda bin all shot dead.

Gosh man please stop being blinded by the hate and see the positives nah!!

bravos 2017-08-31 12:01:20 

In reply to sgtdjones

I am predicting that he will win in Court.

All that with no facts? Hmmmm sad...

Headley 2017-08-31 13:02:28 

In reply to bravos

Tell me about Dana..

Give me an update. Has anyone been charged?

bravos 2017-08-31 13:32:13 

In reply to Headley

Yeah men have been charged,but dem is just de hired guns...

Certain very familiar VERY VERY familiar men name calling...you wouldn't believe how familiar...

Rel rel rel rel familiar...you may even be able to look around and see he name...I have no sympathy for none of dem,dey too stink..

Will look for some info and post...

bravos 2017-08-31 13:34:15 

In reply to Headley

Courthouse appearance vid..

'Muslims' again..

Emir 2017-08-31 15:07:09 

In reply to bravos

Certain very familiar VERY VERY familiar men name calling...you wouldn't believe how familiar...

Tell we d name nah wink

bravos 2017-08-31 15:15:05 

In reply to Emir

Just look around,everybody knows...it's all connected.

Headley 2017-08-31 17:10:33 

In reply to bravos

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Good friend from campus days.

Emir don't seem to have the local knowledge. big grin

Emir 2017-08-31 20:24:30 

In reply to Headley

Emir don't seem to have the local knowledge.

Boi I not livin Trinidad for ages now, so I was sincere when I ask Bravs for d name, but the marn tell me to lok ah rong, so still doh know who he referring to.

sgtdjones 2017-09-01 16:45:00 

In reply to Emir

To put names can put bravos in jeopardy.

It's so easy to scan the internet and find things out.

sgtdjones 2017-09-01 16:45:00 

In reply to Emir

To put names can put bravos in jeopardy.

It's so easy to scan the internet and find things out.