The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Cop: We only kill black people

pelon 2017-08-31 10:31:49 

Sad, the state of race relations in 2017 USA

LINK

Cops feel emboldened to state what we have known forever.

Chrissy 2017-08-31 10:45:43 

In reply to pelon

Shocking

cricketmygame 2017-08-31 14:44:01 

wtf

SnoopDog 2017-08-31 14:47:29 

In reply to pelon

Was he saying it sarcastically?

As in "we only kill black people right, isn't that what you believe"?

pelon 2017-08-31 14:52:53 

In reply to SnoopDog

No room, in context, for the sarcasm. In fact, it is plausible yes, but inexcusable in the climate of hate in the south that an officer of the law would mention such a faux sardonic statement.

You ask a legitimate question, and while his intent is subjective, the general position of minorities in the south is EXACTLY as he stated.

SnoopDog 2017-08-31 15:01:10 

In reply to pelon

Oh I agree with you 100%.

When I heard it though I immediately thought he was being sarcastic (stupidly sarcastic of course).

nick2020 2017-08-31 16:37:07 

In reply to SnoopDog

I doubt he is racist.

Just has a poor sense of humour.

SirGarny 2017-08-31 17:30:27 

In reply to pelon

The rate of white police killing blacks is a hell of a lot lower than the rate of black people killing blacks.

The same year that Baltimore was rioting in protest of the Freddie Gray killing, the city set a record for homicides. About 95% of the black victims were killed by other blacks. What that white officer may have said or meant is of little consequence to me.

Just trying to keep it in context.... cry cry cry

pelon 2017-08-31 17:59:55 

In reply to SirGarny
Yes you are correct. What African Americans do to themselves is worse by any metric.

Yet good brother, don't pivot away from the undertow of racial hate that feeds these situations, which in fact is the root of black Americas systemic problem.

The rate of black people killing blacks (mostly drug/and or gang related) is one thing, and a huge problem.... check mark... no contest... you are correct. However, the disproportionate deaths of unarmed black males by cops holds no equivocation to the argument you present.

A cop killing and unarmed black man, the systemic under-education of a demographic, keeping entire zip codes on welfare and high (see crack intro) and ARMED are all part of the system that perpetuates African American and minority oppression in the states.

I will not pivot, that cop "joked" on a truism - and it only supports their narrative that African Americans are expendable.

In summary: don't get side-tracked

ProWI 2017-08-31 18:12:53 

In reply to nick2020

You also doubt that the earth is not flat

powen001 2017-08-31 18:24:58 

In reply to pelon

wow....

Too bad he used that method.

Poor judgement for the most part...not convinced he meant any malice.

POINT 2017-08-31 19:02:26 

In reply to pelon

I just saw the video on MSNBC . For
many years , since living in the USA , I have concluded that every Black Person in America should get a Medal for not being in the MadHouses in America .

Fortunately for me I have never ever had any encounters with Police Men while Driving . I believe that One
has to try not dwelling on it , and getting very intense , or allow One's
anger to boil over ; and Tragedy occurs .

birdseye 2017-08-31 19:10:19 

In reply to SirGarny

The rate of white police killing blacks is a hell of a lot lower than the rate of black people killing blacks.
The rate of white people killing white people is a lot more than cops killing black people but you neglected that angle – why, your ideology stood in the way?

Indeed, FBI statistics show that few homicides are committed outside an assailant’s race. In fact, 8 percent of black people are killed by white people and 90 percent of African-Americans are killed by other African-Americans. According to the FBI, 82 percent of white people are killed by other white people.

POINT 2017-08-31 19:20:02 

In reply to powen001

So then the Question is this"

WHY THE HELL DID HE

MAKE THAT STATEMENT ?????

It is possible that he stated that
casually , but in my opinion he was
very Serious .

Kay 2017-08-31 20:49:11 

In reply to powen001

+1

WestDem 2017-08-31 21:47:08 

In reply to pelon

you do know me and my son is a COP,what should I do, kill him for being a cop or disown him as being my son? I am very serious!

sgtdjones 2017-08-31 22:10:31 

In reply to WestDem

Cussbud

If ya son is a cop I would get him to arrest ya rass.

lol lol lol

Som e good COPs out there

Be proud of the boy man.

Support him cool cool cool

WestDem 2017-08-31 22:11:52 

In reply to sgtdjones

Not funny bro:

sgtdjones 2017-08-31 22:13:28 

In reply to WestDem

Som e good COPs out there

Be proud of the boy man.

Support him

Cussbud read the above ah serious.

pelon 2017-08-31 22:14:22 

In reply to WestDem

What are you talking about, I have maximum respect for law enforcement....

Joking about shooting black people is not funny bro..

sgtdjones 2017-08-31 22:17:03 

In reply to pelon

What bothers me more than anything, is the young black youths in T&T killing each other.

We have lost a few generations over the last decade.

That vacuum will hurt us, how are we gonna replace them.

sad sad sad

WestDem 2017-08-31 22:23:28 

In reply to pelon

Ok, I work in a global company as an internal auditor and guess, I keep hearing about my accent is not good for the company.. all jokingly. I even rub my teammates about them having the newest brains! We need to chill! cool

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-08-31 22:49:10 

In reply to SirGarny

I am surprised you did not get scratched more badly big grin

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-08-31 22:51:56 

my accent

Tort, a pare Benz and Lexus u a deal wid

SirGarny 2017-09-01 11:05:07 

In reply to birdseye

Indeed, FBI statistics show that few homicides are committed outside an assailant’s race. In fact, 8 percent of black people are killed by white people and 90 percent of African-Americans are killed by other African-Americans. According to the FBI, 82 percent of white people are killed by other white people.

those statistics are not lost in my response. I'm well aware of that. Have been for years and I appreciate you bringing that to the discussion.

I'm just lamenting at the fact that we (black people) seem to be our own worst enemy. PELON accurately contributed, ..

A cop killing and unarmed black man, the systemic under-education of a demographic, keeping entire zip codes on welfare and high (see crack intro) and ARMED are all part of the system that perpetuates African American and minority oppression in the states.

He's bang on! But out of those same crime-ridden neighborhoods, despite all odds, emerge doctors, lawyers, business people, and a host of law-abiding citizens who've never picked up a gun to resolve a dispute between them and their fellow man.

I read the Jamaican newspaper everyday and these murders are just senseless! evil evil cry cry

imusic 2017-09-01 15:14:07 

I honestly don't see what's the issue

Cop was obviously being sarcastic and trying to defuse the situation

We too politically correct sometimes

JahJah 2017-09-01 15:25:33 

In reply to imusic

You're right, I feel.

But...

Ah glad you said it and not me.

lol

dayne 2017-09-02 16:24:22 

That was a totally careless and inappropriate thing to say by a professional person. However it seems that he was fired because the recording was leaked out and not because of the actual incident , because the incident did not happen recently, like a week or a month ago.

birdseye 2017-09-02 17:53:16 

In reply to imusic

I honestly don't see what's the issue

Cop was obviously being sarcastic and trying to defuse the situation
But the cop saying that as a deescalating tactic is in itself extremely problematic? --- The white motorist is now to think ---oh yeah – what am I thinking - you right – you guys only shoot black people ------ that is either reinforcing a fact or a lie – neither is good

birdseye 2017-09-02 23:55:24 

In reply to SirGarny

I'm just lamenting at the fact that we (black people) seem to be our own worst enemy. PELON accurately contributed, ..

It does seem that way – doesn’t it? Unfortunately the principle that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction may not only apply to the natural sciences ---- but also to the sciences of ‘natural attitude’ ----- so history, culture, sociological disciplines would count as a science, --- essentially a science of the human spirit……. – Then maybe we would look at Chicago differently -- more like natural science ----- where for every action, etc., etc.…

it is not poverty that breeds the behaviors you speak of – the ideology of racism and white supremacy is the driving force ----

Jamaicans are copycat criminals--- these guys are no poorer than many I grew up with – who as kids walk 4 and 5 miles daily to school after getting up to milk the cow/goats and performing other chores ----- most of whose biggest crime was maybe stealing an orange, some apple or mangoes off someone’s else property --- -