The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

I had to teach some Millenials today...OMG!!

powen001 2017-09-04 18:27:54 

It was the most hilarious thing I have ever experienced...and as much as I was warned by Senior Management who cant seem to handle them, I found myself laughing out loud several times.

Energy galore,

No regard for protocol or decorum,

Whatever is on their minds they want to either ask or say even if someone else is already speaking or was given permission to speak

Always looking for short cuts around principled processes

Everyone of them believes that they are the smartest one in the room...

Anyone else there want to debunk my findings or add?

nick2020 2017-09-04 21:31:47 

In reply to powen001

You pretty much described children born in any era.

What would make them millennials would be too busy using snapchat to actually participate.

powen001 2017-09-06 11:03:54 

In reply to nick2020

i dont even know how snapchat works to be honest...

they had no choice and eventually came around but the mindset fascinates me...

DAVE400 2017-09-07 09:01:07 

In reply to powen001

Always looking for short cuts around principled processes

What's a "principled process"? Sounds like a phrases intended to emotionally hijack someone into obedience.

powen001 2017-09-07 11:49:05 

In reply to DAVE400

The subject matter is Insurance sales and gathering information to best underwrite each applicant.

Thats the principled directive.

Creativity is allowed and even encouraged with How can we do it better and more efficiently...NOT ...how can I do less work or avoid material information just to get paid.

better? cool

DAVE400 2017-09-07 11:52:05 

In reply to powen001

It's a principled process?

Still don't get it...

And can you please tell the millenials to do something more meaningful with their lives than sell insurance?

thanks

pelon 2017-09-07 11:59:41 

In reply to powen001

Creativity is allowed
A fundamental flaw in our thinking.

Creativity is CRITICAL - not just "allowed". We treat creativity in the region as "tricks" where creativity should be about legitimate exploration.

Years ago Insurance sales was about "get the client to buy whole life" because it lead to better commissions for the agent. All along what ended up happening is that customers became educated to other options (and disillusionment with agents) , the simplicity of Term Plans and superior investment options other than the promises of the policy. Whole Life sales need to leverage the needs of the client and not the needs of the agent. But all that is hopefully the past

Package policy sales that include bundles for Home,health, car etc is the one advantage your Sagicor has in the region above all other competitors.

Kudos to you for your initiative and the ongoing training you provide.

problemjay 2017-09-07 22:14:53 

In reply to powen001

Millenials? Sound like generations upon generations of West Indians today. Why yuh think the Caribbean in the economic dependency state we in today.

nick2020 2017-09-08 09:53:48 

In reply to DAVE400

And can you please tell the millenials to do something more meaningful with their lives than sell insurance?

shock

powen sells insurance. If he sells a few more policies he will be in the Diamond club.