The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Powen, why is God doing this?

black 2017-09-07 14:18:33 

Who is to be blamed for all this suffering?

If the devil is doing this, we're all in trouble.

powen001 2017-09-07 14:50:02 

In reply to black

You give the Devil waaaay too much credit son.

Climate change is real?

If Yes..then see... consequences of Global Warming.

B- whatever is intended for harm/evil God can use for good. ( I believe this with all my being btw).

So...my interpretation of events thus far...People will come together and work together, regardless of religion or red neck status- specifically in the US. Hopefully the hypocrisy will be exposed and people will question their ill found positions of being superior or that THOSE people are all crooks , rapists and illegals.

Regionally- with our limited resources we know what it is like to help each other in bad times- As Grenada bounced back faster than most places from what IVAN did.

Material things dont matter...they are temporary...Our heart felt concern and actions towards each other is what really counts and life long friendships are cemented in times like this.

Look how both Pelon and Chrissy...neither believe in what I believe in, yet- they do yeomans service all the time out of concern for fellow persons across the globe not just the region. They can deny it, but thats the Spirit of the Lord that will use their skill to bless others.
I actually come here now to see if Chrissy or Pelon have posted anything. they are usually ahead and can explain better than most of the networks in this area.

God can use anybody, anytime...and thats my bit..sorry for the length.

powen001 2017-09-07 14:53:03 

In reply to black

The Devil can only tempt and entice...he has no real power over us.

We are far more than this crude matter. ( Yoda- Empire Strikes Back) big grin

sgtdjones 2017-09-07 14:54:05 

In reply to black

Bible Thumpers gats answers fer everyting

Its all listed in dat lil black book

A very insecure bunch they are

black 2017-09-07 14:55:01 

In reply to powen001

Oh, it's climate change now?

I thought this was God"s Universe?

sgtdjones 2017-09-07 14:55:42 

In reply to black

Ask the Bible thumpers to take half of their assets and help the hurricane

brethren. See the answer ya gats ?

sgtdjones 2017-09-07 14:56:36 

In reply to black

Oh, it's climate change now?

The devil did dat man ?

black 2017-09-07 14:57:09 

In reply to powen001

Did the Bible mention climate change?

powen001 2017-09-07 14:59:09 

In reply to black

Let me ask you a simple question.

Havent Hurricanes always existed?

isnt there scientific proof as to why they form off the coast of Africa?

Has nt there always been some natural good that comes from these events?

Do you believe that because man has populated islands and countries in the path of hurricanes that they would simply stop coming off the coast of Africa?

The fact that man has been recently contributing to Global warming and that it was predicted that this would result in more active and intense storms...

ah mean.. pick which one makes sense to you bro.

simply put...science will simply prove Gods existence...I am not worried cause I dont have the affliction of non belief. big grin

powen001 2017-09-07 15:07:10 

In reply to black

It didnt mention cell phones or airplanes either bro...whats your point?
big grin

Mans tendency to harm himself is ingrained in our flesh...Global Warming is just a bi product of more of the same.

You ask some good questions so dont be afraid of the answers!

Root of Global Warming has been mans use of harmful methods to get at money making ...money money money money..The Love of money is the root of all evil..thats in the bible.

Always examine the root...the bi products are just indicators.

black 2017-09-07 15:08:08 

In reply to powen001

Let me ask you a simple question.

Havent Hurricanes always existed?

So why is it now climate change?

Has nt there always been some natural good that comes from these events?

What good can come from this?

powen001 2017-09-07 15:16:14 

In reply to black

Have you not seen people helping each other?

Have you not been moved to start a fund to help others?

Does it matter if any posters from those same affected countries cuss you all the time?

Cheeks couldnt give two rats buts about me cause I oppose Hilaire and crew...you think any of that matters now that he is actively dealing with this bad weather, family in danger etc?

We refocus our minds on what matters..and ultimately opportunities to break down stupid ignorant positions on each other happen and we find it difficult to cuss each other after things "return to normal"

A common purpose and experience takes place...Dont you see the same men here who cuss Chrissy respect her for her assistance every single year during these events?...

yuh tink they forget to cuss she?... the little light that destroys the foolish positions mean nothing at the end of the day.

In Nature- watch the new growth that comes....
IN man watch the newly built and improved conditions that take place - After the destruction.

its all around you...Mans life actually improves due to experiences like this ...ALL NOW BAJANS still remember how GERMANY in 1955 ( ten short years post Hitler) helped us out after Hurricane Janet

Study it

black 2017-09-07 15:24:02 

In reply to powen001

Have you not seen people helping each other?

Have you not been moved to start a fund to help others?

Isn't that after the fact ?

So God wiped out a whole Island so we can help each other?

birdseye 2017-09-07 15:24:08 

In reply to black

Powen, why is God doing this?
To make a believer out a you – so repent of your sins and you can walk thru the evils of the valley of storms big grin wink wink

powen001 2017-09-07 15:26:15 

In reply to birdseye

lol lol lol

Theres actually some depth to that

powen001 2017-09-07 15:27:41 

In reply to black

After the fact?

the fact that Hurricanes come off of the coast of Africa?

Do you want them to stop coming off the coast of Africa?

OR would you rather pray that when they do that no one else dies as a result?

black 2017-09-07 15:29:03 

In reply to birdseye

To make a believer out a you – so repent of your sins and you can walk thru the evils of the valley of storms

All this destruction just to convert me? Wow!!!

powen001 2017-09-07 15:31:52 

In reply to black

ha ha ha ...stop being so ( insular)

lol

but you know it is written...

He will leave the 99 secure sheep to save the one that went astray. big grin

SnoopDog 2017-09-07 15:43:01 

In reply to black

why is God doing this?

Because the lord works in mysterious ways. lol

powen001 2017-09-07 15:44:25 

In reply to SnoopDog

Thats actually not Biblical

Thats from a Poem written by someone who was a non believer who accepted Christ as real in his life.

google it if you doubt me big grin

black 2017-09-07 15:48:38 

In reply to SnoopDog

Amen brother.

SnoopDog 2017-09-07 15:48:53 

In reply to powen001

I don't give a rats arse about the origin of that expression Bro.

It's the fact that it has become the standard retort of so many bible thumpers when confronted with obvious contradictions in the bible or any other thing they can't explain. big grin

black 2017-09-07 15:53:34 

In reply to SnoopDog

I was going to say the same thing.

SnoopDog 2017-09-07 15:57:57 

In reply to black

How about this one: "Because he's god. He can do anything." lol

I get that one many times when discussing things like slavery, genocide, or rape in the bible. lol

powen001 2017-09-07 16:09:42 

In reply to SnoopDog

Bible Thumpers doesnt translate to bible readers or even those who have a relationship with God.

exhibit A...the Evangelicals in the South.

dont use that bunch to bench mark us all

powen001 2017-09-07 16:11:01 

In reply to SnoopDog

those topics arent that difficult to discuss..seems like you are surrounded by toddlers who like the IDEA of saying they are believers.

but thats another discussion..

sadly too many persons who claim to be Christians ever read the Bible or seek to understand it...so it goes.

birdseye 2017-09-07 16:18:02 

In reply to black

All this destruction just to convert me? Wow!!!
No! – the generic ubiquitous “you” big grin big grin

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-07 16:25:42 

In reply to powen001

Why do women, children, and men have to suffer so much from this "natural disaster?"

I can understand the "bad" people suffering, but why the "good" people also or worse, the children?

That baffles me..... when I see a plane go down, for instance,... why ALL those people at the same time, in the same place, same fate, etc?

How do you explain that (besides the "obvious")? Seriously (and thanks for your time & sharing your knowledge)!

SnoopDog 2017-09-07 16:30:03 

In reply to powen001

A lot of them have actually read their little book of Bronze Age fairy tales and just can't reconcile the numerous contradictions, inconsistencies, and nonsense found in it.

Hence the standard retorts as noted above. big grin

SnoopDog 2017-09-07 16:31:57 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

Why do women, children, and men have to suffer so much from this "natural disaster?"

I can understand the "bad" people suffering, but why the "good" people also or worse, the children?

That baffles me..... when I see a plane go down, for instance,... why ALL those people at the same time, in the same place, same fate, etc?

How do you explain that (besides the "obvious")? Seriously (and thanks for your time & sharing your knowledge)!

Because "the lord works in mysterious ways". lol

Or if that's not good enough for you "Because he's god, he can do whatever he wants. Who are we to judge god?" lol

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-09-07 17:30:58 

In reply to powen001

Look how both Pelon and Chrissy...neither believe in what I believe in, yet- they do yeomans service all the time out of concern for fellow persons across the globe not just the region. They can deny it, but thats the Spirit of the Lord that will use their skill to bless others.

She roots for ppl to die. That is not the spirit of the alleged Lord (GB. the queen etc)
winkplus a casual habitual racist

sgtdjones 2017-09-07 18:04:13 

In reply to powen001

Root of Global Warming has been mans use of harmful methods to get at money making ...money money money money..The Love of money is the root of all evil..thats in the bible.

Ok Powen

You recently posted you have two cars.
Sell one and give it to the poor after the hurricane.

Since money is the root of all evil, right.

lol lol

sgtdjones 2017-09-07 18:07:46 

In reply to SnoopDog

A lot of them have actually read their little book of Bronze Age fairy tales and just can't reconcile the numerous contradictions, inconsistencies, and nonsense found in it.

They have some great answers to this book of tales written and changed by man
to suit them all fer money.

Khaga 2017-09-07 20:51:05 

In reply to powen001

Material things dont matter...they are temporary.

Aite, when are giving that BMW away?
Or was it Lexus ?

sgtdjones 2017-09-07 21:49:28 

In reply to Khaga

Are you trying to get powen bonkers?

He luvs he Lexus/ BMW, he gawd gave him dat.

No devil can take dat away ?

lol lol lol

XFactor 2017-09-07 22:06:35 

In reply to black

I was under the impression that your latest invention is able to control nature or mighty enough to actually do something about it.

Toney 2017-09-07 22:50:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

why is God doing this?

Because He had been watching the build up of too much shit and muck on the land so he decided to send some wind and rain to give the place a good wash dung.

black 2017-09-07 23:10:25 

In reply to Toney

Because He had been watching the build up of too much shit and muck on the land so he decided to send some wind and rain to give the place a good wash dung.

So he destroyed the whole Island of Barbuda?

You actually believe that nonsense?

bravos 2017-09-08 00:20:31 

Couldn't God prevent this,or did he just have bad gas?

Seems God loves to give us misery..our life is a big game fuh he...

And always a set up...gives women nice tits ass and paradise,gives us a matching equipment with external storage tanks but we can't use it..

F@ck that shit..I've used my equipment well...and done de games nah, oh lorrrrrd..

Norm 2017-09-08 02:39:18 

Wait, you believe in God now? Or only in a bad god?

You keep going back to this "god" topic like a jilted lover.

Ewart 2017-09-08 06:49:37 

In reply to black

Nah... The island is still there! It is the man-constructed structures that are gone.

.... and when they are rebuilt, they will be much better able to withstand hurricanes.

// cool

Ewart 2017-09-08 07:02:29 

In reply to powen001

They can deny it, but that's the Spirit of the Lord that will use their skill to bless others.... God can use anybody, anytime...

Well done. Stand firm in the faith Powen.
Ephesians 6:14-17

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Plus Psalm 46: 1-3, and
Matt 28:20

//

black 2017-09-08 07:46:17 

In reply to Ewart

Nah... The island is still there! It is the man-constructed structures that are gone.

So, destroyed homes, loss of personal belongings, loss of electricity and clean water, don't cause suffering?

powen001 2017-09-08 08:28:44 

good morning all...

Straight in:

You say GOOD people...
The word says that none of us are good and that we were all born in sin and shaped in iniquity.

Thats a difficult thing to hear and even harder to grasp unless you understand the nature o f God.
What we call good and innocent God digs way deeper at our hearts and declares that mans nature , his very DNA is made up of the Spirit and the Flesh...the flesh leans towards selfishness , the spirit leans towards Gods nature however-

Trust, Faith that He knows best when it looks like complete madness is the one thing He desires of us and its also the hardest thing as we usually cannot see the end game.

I dare not tell you I understand it all otherwise my first born would have made me a grand father by now...but its been about 4 miscarriages and painful episodes one after the other...and she loves God...makes no sense but we trust that God knows best..and she keeps trying with her husband cause the Doctors say all is fine...
( My flesh says its unfair cause she is a good daughter and my flesh will show me young girls getting pregnant willy nilly and my flesh says its unfair)

My spirit man says...sssshhhh... and be patient.

nothing easy about that...and she is a GOOD daughter

black 2017-09-08 08:44:43 

In reply to powen001

You say GOOD people...
The word says that none of us are good and that we were all born in sin and shaped in iniquity.

Thats a difficult thing to hear and even harder to grasp unless you understand the nature o f God.
What we call good and innocent God digs way deeper at our hearts and declares that mans nature , his very DNA is made up of the Spirit and the Flesh...the flesh leans towards selfishness , the spirit leans towards Gods nature however-

That is quite an indictment, don't you think?

Even our judicial system gives us the presumption of innocence before guilt.

Why do I have to pay for the sins of others?

I dare not tell you I understand it all otherwise my first born would have made me a grand father by now...but its been about 4 miscarriages and painful episodes one after the other...and she loves God...makes no sense but we trust that God knows best..and she keeps trying with her husband cause the Doctors say all is fine...
( My flesh says its unfair cause she is a good daughter and my flesh will show me young girls getting pregnant willy nilly and my flesh says its unfair

Why do you assume it's the work of God? Could there be a logical medical explanation?

powen001 2017-09-08 08:46:33 

In reply to sgtdjones

I have.

and if I tell you my wife almost died in July in a car accident...

and the fact that I had my girls that day..when she was to pick them up...

I count that as Gods Grace and mercy cause I never pick them up until that day...

and If I tell you that I dreamt of selling my Lexus to give the proceeds away...but then this happened...

and God Blessed us with another Lexus to replace the Rav4...makes no sense to me...cause I told the man I wanted to buy the Lexus and I had no idea what the insurance was gonna pay me for the wrecked Rav4...and the man said yes...

I am thankful for my wifes and daughters spared lives...
Blessed that he turned that around.

You think the car is the important thing or that I still have my family?

Ewart 2017-09-08 08:46:56 

In reply to black

Your thinking processes are all screwed up.

Or is it that you just like arguing for arguing's sake??

confused

//

powen001 2017-09-08 08:52:26 

In reply to black

Even our judicial system gives us the presumption of innocence

Gods ways are higher than mans ways and as I said ...it will be difficult to grasp.

But you Black...You have more of him on your heart than you are ready to acknowledge.

As Phillip the disciple was sent to assist the Eunuch who was curious about this Jesus stuff and like you was this is bare foolishness , yet daily he kept reading , trying to make sense of it all...like that Eunuch...you merely need pointing in the right direction...and your eyes will be opened and many many many of the questions you pose on this very MB will be clear to you...and your appetite will increase, not decrease...that is the fun part.

powen001 2017-09-08 08:55:29 

In reply to black

Why do you assume it's the work of God? Could there be a logical medical explanation?

I dont assume it s him...

I believe that HE knows what is off centre...or out of whack...

The Doctors damaged her during the first miscarriage and swear that she is fine ...thats what they said for numbers 2-4 miscarriages...

So ...we pray and we wait..and my kids have to keep doing it big grin until one keeps.

For some reason her body treats the pregnancy as foreign invasion ( all do) but her reaction is higher and "more deadly" than other womens for some reason.

sad really...but ..

ray 2017-09-08 08:56:32 

Who is to blame when a man kills his wife and 5 children?

powen001 2017-09-08 08:58:31 

In reply to black

So, destroyed homes, loss of personal belongings, loss of electricity and clean water, don't cause suffering?

A few things..

I heard the Minister from Grenada yesterday..and I was amazed cause it was after our chat on this.

he declared that GRENADA is much better off since IVAN and spoke about the improved community spirit and yes the improved infrastructure.

I was amazed - In the family of Christ we call that "confirmation" big grin

2: Christ Suffered and Died.

What makes you think that hard times and yes suffering are exempt for good people?

The rain falls on the just and the unjust..ent?

black 2017-09-08 09:00:35 

In reply to Ewart

Your thinking processes are all screwed up.

Or is it that you just like arguing for arguing's sake??

Elaborate.

I think many people on here share my views.

black 2017-09-08 09:14:30 

In reply to powen001

Gods ways are higher than mans ways and as I said ...it will be difficult to grasp.

That is the standard answer to every contradiction or things that cannot be explained.

Ewart 2017-09-08 09:24:08 

In reply to black

Many people share Trump's views too...

... just ask Nitro.

wink

//

powen001 2017-09-08 09:26:08 

In reply to black

Oh...sure..people will say that..and try to run away.

But you see...there is a salient factor even as many parrot that..

The Cannot understand part is where Faith steps in...

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Another quote..that is very true.

I can only give you my personal testimony and even then you wont believe me and may even think I am crazy...but for me..God is real and the Holy Spirit is real.

Boss I used to gamble naff and watch Porn naff...Until He interceded...I have seen God show up in my life too many times to deny him, heard his whisper in my ear...Go Left , dont answer that phone, dont take that route...walk away...etc etc.

powen001 2017-09-08 09:27:28 

In reply to Ewart

technically Trump doesnt have any real views except that he loves himself more than most human beings do.

black 2017-09-08 09:31:11 

In reply to Ewart

Many people share Trump's views too...

... just ask Nitro.

So what?

Are they not entitled to their own views?

It's something we disagree with but they are entitled to have those views.

nick2020 2017-09-08 09:50:58 

In reply to black

Religious people believe of persecution due to their beliefs.

Seems like you are giving them ammo.

black 2017-09-08 10:00:23 

In reply to nick2020

Religious people believe of persecution due to their beliefs.

Seems like you are giving them ammo

I never said that they were not entitled to have those views.

It's the wrong views but they are entitled to them.

nick2020 2017-09-08 10:15:34 

In reply to black

It's the wrong views

Sounds like we should be worshipping you.

nick2020 2017-09-08 10:16:41 

In reply to black

but they are entitled to them

If you truly believed that you would not be doing what you did on a monthly basis. But I suspect if there is one posting gold and your go to move is to start a religious thread.

black 2017-09-08 10:22:20 

In reply to nick2020

If you truly believed that you would not be doing what you did on a monthly basis. But I suspect if there is one posting gold and your go to move is to start a religious thread.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I started this thread to get powen's reaction to the recent hurricanes and what role he might have played in them. Afterall, he (God) rules the Universe.

nick2020 2017-09-08 10:34:22 

In reply to black

Yea. Right.

pelon 2017-09-08 10:49:47 

Whether a deity controls weather or not, is the least important consideration we mortals should concern ourselves with.

Powen is 100% correct that the spirit of humanity triumphs after disasters. History proves that.
It is irrelevant if the sun god or the rock god or the christian god or the Nintendo DS god ... controls weather.
Mortals have to use the available tools to thrive. Religion is ONE OF THEM. (and like all tools, in the wrong hands can be deadly)

Onward ever.

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-08 10:57:07 

In reply to powen001

good morning all...

Straight in:

You say GOOD people...

Trust, Faith that He knows best when it looks like complete madness is the one thing He desires of us and its also the hardest thing as we usually cannot see the end game.
We were all born in sin... that says a lot.

( My flesh says its unfair cause she is a good daughter and my flesh will show me young girls getting pregnant willy nilly and my flesh says its unfair)

My spirit man says...sssshhhh... and be patient.

nothing easy about that...and she is a GOOD daughter
This hits VERY close to home. I battle with whether God knows what's best....

or as Black says....
...and since there IS a medical explanation to an extent... it continues to be a TREMENDOUS battle.... how much do I really believe that God will one day smile on us or due to science/logical/medical explanation... it's just not plausible.... but LIFE must go on.....

Ewart 2017-09-08 11:39:17 

In reply to black

Didn't know you were debating suffering. But suffering is very definitely a part of the Christian journey.

That is why Christians were slaughtered in the arenas.

That is why Christ himself suffered and died. (In case you are indeed inquiring and not just arguing, see St. Matthew 26 and 27 for the conspiracy, the betrayal, arrest, trial, scourging, mocking, crowning with thorns, carrying the cross to the crucifixion place, the crucifixion, receiving vinegar when he asks for water,a spear in his side, death.)

//

nitro 2017-09-08 11:40:08 

In reply to black

I thought this was due to Global Warming!

black 2017-09-08 11:46:00 

In reply to pelon

I know religion has a role in society but some religious people have a "my way or the highway" attitude, even when there are logical explanations to events.

black 2017-09-08 11:57:30 

In reply to Ewart

Didn't know you were debating suffering. But suffering is very definitely a part of the Christian journey.

Why?

Why, must I suffer because someone else suffered? It does not make sense.

That would be like me wanting my kids to suffer because I had a few bad experiences, no way, that is going to happen.

If anything, I am going to be more protective of them.

XFactor 2017-09-08 12:24:33 

In reply to black

Children are born with the genetic makeup of their parents, and inherit the parents’ genetic disorders as well, that is part of nature.

So goes sin and suffering.

Ewart 2017-09-08 12:30:17 

In reply to black

Why, must I suffer because someone else suffered?

You could miss the suffering on two counts:

1) Nobody said every Christian will suffer.

2) You are not (yet) a Christian (or so you present yourself)

//

black 2017-09-08 12:32:26 

In reply to XFactor

Children are born with the genetic makeup of their parents, and inherit the parents’ genetic disorders as well, that is part of nature.

Point well taken, but it's the medical community, (not God) that is doing something to identify genetic defects and give parents options.

powen001 2017-09-08 12:44:56 

Feeling you.

I feel you...I am thankful cause I lost a cousin who wanted to have a baby so badly..was told it would be dangerous ...but she insisted...

She died giving birth to a beautiful baby girl...now..about 6 years old.

I much rather have my daughter who is still only 25...so I will wait...

powen001 2017-09-08 12:45:59 

In reply to black

Whats your definition of suffering Black?

black 2017-09-08 12:53:12 

In reply to powen001

Unnecessary or unfortunate hardship.

That is my definition.

powen001 2017-09-08 13:09:23 

In reply to black

who causes the suffering?

Unfortunate I get...but Unnecessary?

....that makes me think of man making poor decisions and consequences taking place.

black 2017-09-08 13:16:23 

In reply to powen001

who causes the suffering?

According to you, God.

You call it, "born into sin".

powen001 2017-09-08 15:35:10 

In reply to black

you clearly misunderstood big grin

If you keep horning your girlfriend and one day she cuts your pecker off in your sleep and you suffer for the rest of your life ...

Did God make her assault you ?

Is your Girlfriend at fault?

Did you have any part to play at all in your "suffering"?

black 2017-09-08 15:54:21 

In reply to powen001

We are not talking about my girlfriend, we're talking about those people suffering in Barbuda.

What role did God play in their sufferings?

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-08 16:04:25 

In reply to powen001

Feeling you.

I feel you...I am thankful cause I lost a cousin who wanted to have a baby so badly..was told it would be dangerous ...but she insisted...

She died giving birth to a beautiful baby girl...now..about 6 years old.

I much rather have my daughter who is still only 25...so I will wait...
That's part of the consideration... to what end must one go, who wants something so much? What's the "cost" of going all out and will it be worth it in the end?

Too many questions.... not enough plausible answers......

Star 2017-09-08 16:30:22 

In reply to black

Not in the words a simpleton would want but if you are a person using rational thought, logic and common sense, the answer to your question is a resounding YES.

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-08 16:36:19 

In reply to powen001

Just perusing the news.... and came upon this...

Michigan mother battling brain cancer ends treatment so she can give birth to sixth child

black 2017-09-08 16:58:53 

In reply to Star

Why don't you break it down for me genius.

That is the problem, everything in the bible is vague, contradictory, outdated or just plain wrong.

Ewart 2017-09-08 20:19:34 

In reply to black

everything in the bible is vague...

shock

This is vague to you?

The fool has said in his heart, "there is no God." - Psalm 14:1

rolleyes

//

nick2020 2017-09-08 20:34:12 

In reply to black

You know black you should be the last to expose senselessness.

embsallie 2017-09-08 20:45:04 

For most of you who did not know Hurricanes are a necessary mechanism that helps distribute energy form one place to another in the form of moisture and wind, thereby keeping the Earth in an equilibrium state.

It is somewhat similar to seed dispersal. Think of a hurricane like a burp.

The only problem is certain areas of the Ocean, especially in lower latitudes around the ITCZ (inter-tropical convergence zone)the seas are much warmer than normal. In the process of doing its natural job Hurricanes intensify because of that, and since that energy has to be dissipated or converted, areas in its path pay the price.

Yes Hurricanes have been around from time eternal, but notice the frequency of some of the most intense storms in the last 25 years. That is abnormal.

powen001 2017-09-08 21:55:31 

my simple response...BECAUSE I have the relationship I have...

I Quarrel...I argue.. I beseech and I petition Heaven itself - Demanding answers...that would be my position.

David did it, Elijah did it...many many prophets did it..

WHY

when I calm down...I always get an answer.

Try it.

powen001 2017-09-08 21:59:37 

Just perusing the news.... and came upon this...

speechless

powen001 2017-09-08 22:00:46 

In reply to embsallie

well said sir.

It is Natural.

bravos 2017-09-09 00:20:01 

In reply to ray

Who is to blame when a man kills his wife and 5 children?

The designer of such a man.

bravos 2017-09-09 00:21:15 

In reply to embsallie

Foe most of you who did not know Hurricanes are a necessary mechanism that helps distribute energy form one place to another in the form of moisture and wind, thereby keeping the Earth in an equilibrium state.

Exactly,surely man wasn't considered in that design.

Was that after garden of eden btw?

Oh,Great work sir!

black 2017-09-09 06:22:38 

In reply to bravos

They want to give the "great one" credit for everything good but not for the bad.

powen001 2017-09-09 08:53:16 

In reply to black

Clear your mind.

WHat is Bad?

Hurricanes have a purpose...

If you say there is no God then surely you cant deny what you are seeing....so...Hurricanes have been taking place as long as man has been here...

Is it the Hurricanes Fault that Man has chosen to Build in its path or do you believe that Life will carry risks regardless of where you live ent?

There are earth quakes, tornados, floods , Tsunamis, Forest Fires...If there is no God then dont worry about it...
"Mother Earth" is to blame.

If how ever you can see beyond your eyes...then you may begin to understand.

black 2017-09-09 09:02:29 

In reply to powen001

If you say there is a God then surely you cant deny what you are seeing

Fixed it for you.

There are earth quakes, tornados, floods , Tsunamis, Forest Fires...If there is no God then dont worry about it...
"Mother Earth" is to blame

Are these not the same barometers you guys use, to point to "end of days?".

You can't have it both ways.

powen001 2017-09-09 09:07:13 

In reply to black

who is you guys?

Black...
The WORD says that NO ONE knows the appointed time.

Let the jackasses bray nuh?

ANYONE who says he knows WHEN the world will end...a k a Jesus will come back is a LIAR.

And that is in the WORD...IF you knew the word you would know that those non reading of the same Bible they thump were liars.

It really is that simple

black 2017-09-09 09:26:02 

In reply to powen001

You guys need to have a unified message.

granite 2017-09-09 09:41:34 

God is the big boss,he is the one who got the world in it's present situation,he doh like to do nice ting.Lets see where all the bad tings going on,where all the suffering taking place,places where people risking their lives to leave,and see where they all want come.I consider God to be a white man or a white woman.

powen001 2017-09-09 16:21:25 

In reply to black

The Unified Message is located in the BIble...full stop.

If its not in the BIble...leff it out.

It is that simple

black 2017-09-09 18:11:59 

In reply to powen001

Dude, go to 100 churches and you'll hear 100 different interpretations of the bible. Walmart is more standardized that the bible.

powen001 2017-09-10 15:51:39 

In reply to black

not true.

The Message of the Cross is pretty consistent...weaknesses usually show up when leaders dont live by the words they preach.

And even worse when they chose to preach from their head knowledge and dont apply the word.

100 different messages is a gross exaggeration

Norm 2017-09-10 16:27:46 

So, men cannot win God's benevolence except through religion?

powen001 2017-09-10 16:29:37 

In reply to Norm

You dont have to win it...

It is free.

At least the God I know.

And the God I serve doesnt deal in Religion.

That question is better posed to others who believe that their lifestyles and actions etc etc etc will somehow maybe, perhaps work to get them into "heaven".

black 2017-09-10 18:11:28 

In reply to powen001

100 different messages is a gross exaggeration

No it's not, those prosperity guys are filling their pockets, while leading their flocks astray.

Norm 2017-09-10 18:28:25 

In reply to powen001

That question is better posed to others who believe that their lifestyles and actions etc etc etc will ... get them into "heaven".

This implies that man's existence on Earth is merely a test for admission to Heaven. The Earth and everything it contains, except man, are of lesser, or no, importance. Man should stop struggling to sustain himself materially and seek only admission to Heaven. Man should accept such a purpose based on religious scriptures and their proponents.

Did I get that right?

powen001 2017-09-10 20:39:39 

In reply to Norm

not quite-

There is more...

The Word says...As on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Our Lord knows we need things so we are not to worry but trust him.

The TEN Commandments were parked oneside for- Love God , Love one another.

So Life is not about lack intentionally or otherwise but Life Abundantly...Material things are not our focus but wisdom and knowing God...

there is a difference.

and yes I am aware that many religions teach what you posted- but that perfection is unattainable by fallable man...He will never match up...which is why for me, GRACE is important.

Norm 2017-09-10 20:51:58 

In reply to powen001

many religions teach what you posted

What I posted was what I believe would be the logical conclusion based on what you posted. The limited chronological and geographical extent of the various religious scriptures do pose serious challenges for global acceptance, tho. Unfortunately, proponents of the various scriptures keep claiming that theirs should be accepted, or face eternal damnation.

bravos 2017-09-10 22:40:07 

Why god.....WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Norm 2017-09-10 22:50:54 

In reply to bravos

Why god.....WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Man not to be blamed?

powen001 2017-09-11 09:30:43 

In reply to Norm

Yes
This is true.

I actually understand WHY other Religions say what they say...but in my humble opinion they lack Grace, and they lack relationship. They tend to rely on what a man MUST DO in order to be accepted.

And I readily admit that many who claim Christ believe that too...but that just brings me back to my point that many who claim Christ do not read or understand the BIBLE and worse some manipulate the Bible for selfish reasons.

powen001 2017-09-11 09:35:13 

In reply to black

No it's not, those prosperity guys are filling their pockets, while leading their flocks astray.

Those "prosperity guys" are preaching one message, ent?

But consider this- Why do people "support them"?
Surely something must be adding up...I would have to see the evidence of being lead astray ...that is a cliche response.

We support our cricketers...and several are millionaires. They have fans and some of us buy their merchandise and "support them".

Why dont you call their influence , leading masses astray? - Is Lara better than Gayle in his influence?

THey are both Rich as heck tho...but dont let me distract you too much...

Why must Sportsmen be paid so much without any responsibility but Pastors are immediately seen as frauds and charlatans?

consider that for a bit.
big grin

black 2017-09-11 09:58:23 

In reply to powen001

We support our cricketers...and several are millionaires. They have fans and some of us buy their merchandise and "support them".

Why dont you call their influence , leading masses astray? - Is Lara better than Gayle in his influence

I don't have a problem with athletes making millions, I have a problem with people that are in the "Jesus business" making millions.

Remember, there's always someone in need of help.

And let's not forget the preacher that was shame into opening his doors to flood victims.

powen001 2017-09-11 14:13:41 

In reply to black

Good.

The same Bible says that those types of preachers have already received their reward...the money they re looking for...so dont look for Salvation cause God will reject them...

further...IF you see that kind of behaviour..common sense says..walk away ...sooner or later they will be exposed like all other charlatans.

When you read the word for yourself , and surround yourself with the persons you need to...you are not taken in by that level of ignorance.

Many will come in my name- also in the Bible...Dont believe them ...By their fruit you will know them...

Finally...The Word Says to TEST me and see that I am good.

I challenge you Black to Test the Lord for yourself.

nothing fancy- Lord if you are indeed Real...reveal yourself to me.

I guarantee you He will show up and he will show up in such a way that you will have no doubt that he is real.

Test him.

black 2017-09-11 14:25:01 

In reply to powen001

Finally...The Word Says to TEST me and see that I am good.

I challenge you Black to Test the Lord for yourself.

nothing fancy- Lord if you are indeed Real...reveal yourself to me.

I guarantee you He will show up and he will show up in such a way that you will have no doubt that he is real.

Test him.

lol lol lol

How did he reveal himself to you?

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-11 14:31:33 

In reply to powen001

my simple response...BECAUSE I have the relationship I have...

I Quarrel...I argue.. I beseech and I petition Heaven itself - Demanding answers...that would be my position.

David did it, Elijah did it...many many prophets did it..

WHY

when I calm down...I always get an answer.

Try it.
Calm down and saner heads will prevail..... pretty much. Thank you again for your input. I appreciate it.

powen001 2017-09-11 14:33:08 

In reply to black

age 7 I firs heard the whisper..

called him my guardian angel for years..and I had the ability to see friends and others in dreams who were no longer..alive...still have it except now..I dont need to be asleep.

The actual call came on Kadooment Day 2006.. I was wukking up enjoying myself with about 3 women for myself when I heard...

Patrick, having fun?
I am ready for you now..

I openly wept right there behind the truck..on Black Rock...walked the rest of the way crying tears of joy..
called my wife to come get me from the jump up...

took me a few months to finally get baptized...and publicly accept what was happening to me.

I went into the water..singing this song - Fanton Mojah give thanks and praise

Give thanks and praise

When I came up out of the water..I swear I heard and saw Angels singing and clapping ...and yes I found out afterward that that too is BIBLICAL.

Thats my testimony.

black 2017-09-11 14:39:34 

In reply to powen001

The actual call came on Kadooment Day 2006.. I was wukking up enjoying myself with about 3 women for myself when I heard...

Patrick, having fun?

I am ready for you now

lol lol lol

Do you know what they say about people that hear voices?

powen001 2017-09-11 14:41:04 

In reply to black

yea...

big grin

Go listen to the vibes..that song is so powerful!

You would think I would be singing a gospel tune..but this one resonated with me and still to this day can bring tears to my eyes.

God can use anyone at anytime...dont forget it.

black 2017-09-11 14:49:26 

In reply to powen001

Thats my testimony

That is exactly what brings discredit upon religion.

Didn't one Pastor say, "God told him to raise millions?".

Ewart 2017-09-11 15:55:17 

In reply to black

It would be interesting to see you spend so much effort trying to discredit the gods and practice of Islam, Hinduism, Confucianism, Daoism, etc.

//