The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Anderson's #500 lights up day 2 as England stay ahead

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-09-08 21:46:20 

"Why captain Jason Holder had not posted a third slip so soon after the break with clouds overhead and the floodlights on, only he will know but it would have been a straightforward catch to a man posted there. "

Lord's was where it all began for James Anderson in Test cricket. He made his debut here against Zimbabwe in 2003 and today, more than fourteen years later, Anderson picked up his 500th Test wicket, becoming just the sixth bowler in Test history to achieve the feat. It had given England the perfect start as they pressed for a series win and their chances were strengthened by the close with Windies 93-3, just 22 runs ahead.

It had been set up perfectly for Anderson. After morning rain, the skies had cleared and the sun had come out after tea as England took to the field with a 71-run lead following their first innings effort of 194 all out. After his two wickets in the first innings, Anderson needed just one more to become the third seam bowler after Australia's Glenn McGrath and Windies' Courtney Walsh to reach the 500 mark and a good sized crowd got behind him from the first ball.

Full Story

sandisha 2017-09-09 11:00:19 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com
Anderson is a big time bowler and he won the series for England, along with Ben Stokes, aided off course by poor catching by the west Indians. On our side we need a good and reliable number 3 batsman, as once again Kyle Hope at age 28, shows he is not a test cricketer. We need Daren back ASAP! As far as Bishoo is concerned, it was clear that captain Holder has no confidence in him as the forth bowler and I guess is time for a forth seam bowler with some batting ability like Calos Brathwaite, to strengthen the batting. Chase did too much bowling and that affected his batting.

sandisha 2017-09-09 11:04:08 

In reply to sandisha

We also need to address our wicket keeping as Dowrich is definitely not the answer with either gloves or bat. I prefer Ramdin 100 times or even Hamilton.

Narper 2017-09-09 11:55:43 

Now his 7 fer and series win lights up Day 3

POINT 2017-09-09 12:06:58 

Congratulations to Anderson on achieving 500 Test Wickets . Interestingly , when Anderson played
for England in an under 19 Test Series
vs the West Indies , the Best Bowler
in that Series , was not Anderson .

IT WAS KENROY PETERS , aka THE

INVISIBLE MAN . WHO WAS THE BEST

BOWLER IN THAT SERIES .

Obviously Anderson was not discarded
they saw that he had the potential to
become a Good Bowler , so his skills were harnessed & honed .

Kenroy Peters on the other had was
discarded , because despite his success in that U19 Series , he apparently did not fit what is considered to be the correct profile
of a Fast Bowler .

That profile apparently requires Most
Pace Bowlers in the Region to be Tall
& Fast . Unfortunately WE will never
know the full potential of Kenroy Peters , because the Powers that be ,
made him Invisible .

The Invisible Man however is visible
in England , where he is currently employed , playing for a Team & is also Coaching Bowlers .

Who knows one of these days , a Bowler that he is currently Coach will wreak havoc in International Cricket .

It is quite possible that if Kenroy
Peters was from any of the " Big 4 "
in the Region his Cricket Career & abilities would have been made visible .

The Team he plays for in England has not only recognized his talents , but also his experience , by also making him their Bowling Coach for Youngsters .

POINT 2017-09-12 22:00:50 

Where are my Critics , it seems that they have all gone into hiding . It is
my perspective that Selectors are only
interested in Pace Bowlers who are well over 6ft in height .

I don't get the impression that Anderson is over 6 ft in height . The
stark fact is that the powers that be in England saw something in Anderson , and his skills & talents were finely honed .

That surely was not the case with
Kenroy Peters aka the Invisible man .
HE was turned into being Invisible ,
by both the Windward Islands Cricket
Board ,and the Worst Cricket Board in the Region & absolutely the Worst International Cricket in the Commonwealth .

Fortunately for Kenroy Peters , he was signed by a Club in England to not only play for their Cricket Team . but also to Coach Youngsters . Who knows one of these days Bowlers who he is currently Coaching will be playing for England . But as they say , " THAT'S LIFE ".

POINT 2017-09-13 23:10:36 

I am deafened by the Silence of My Critics , perhaps they have all been
stricken with Writer's Cramp .

At least I had an excuse for not being in this Forum for some days , there
was no Electricity in West Palm Beach
for 3 days due to IRMA .