thefacts 2017-09-09 11:07:04 

Powell --- No 50 in 29 Test Innings
Kyle Hope - Pathetic Failure
Dowrich - Cant WK, Cant Bat
Cummins - 45 avg with the ball.
Joseph - Looked clueless in the 1st Test
Reifer - BOOT LICKER QUOTA PICK

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:11:43 

I would drop Blackwood as well, because IMO, he is not a Test Cricket player.

But he has done better compared to the above lot and other failures like Chase, Jason etc.

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:13:15 

Replacements for the above SIX:

Lewis
Lil Bravo
Ramdin
Ambris --Second WK.
Jerome
Miller

Also since this squad was of 15, i'd add a 16th player in J Mo

Judgement 2017-09-09 11:13:19 

Lol y'all in for one big shock lol lol lol lol

Drapsey 2017-09-09 11:13:57 

In reply to thefacts

Bishoo, but only because the the captain refuses to use him (adequately) resulting in him being a wasted pick.

Blackwood, primitively because of that helmet-removal swiping that went down in the 2nd test. I'm still embarrassed by that episode.

sudden 2017-09-09 11:14:02 

In reply to Judgement

We can all dream

Judgement 2017-09-09 11:14:38 

In reply to sudden

big grin big grin big grin

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:15:31 

In reply to Drapsey

Jason Holder is a pathetic captain. The BOOT LICKER is Brainless Completely.

he doesn't know how to handle an attacking leg spinner like Bishoo.

As for Blackwood. Him talented, but more suited for T20 and ODIs.

Judgement 2017-09-09 11:16:12 

In reply to Drapsey

And i got abuse for saying that same thing Drapsey. Don't try to reason with these folks, common sense is a precious commodity on here big grin big grin big grin

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:18:15 

In reply to sudden

Always remember and Teach your KIDS:

Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Oh Sorry, I forgot -- you a BOOT LICKER... forget the part about teaching KIDS etc... just enjoy the above quote.

Heres the full text:

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

jen 2017-09-09 11:20:36 

In reply to thefacts

All the players you mentioned in the lead post deserve dropping except Joseph. He ain't going anywhere, clearly one for the future. Gotta be persisted with.

I don't agree that Dowrich can't bat, kid can hold the willow but his gloves work surely not up to the mark and definitely deserves the axe for now.

Would be hard to drop Reifer seeing he didn't play any games.

Miller is ordinary on the international scene. Jerome Taylor only comes good in test now and again. Gabriel is class now, Roach showed in this series why he's our finest pacer since walsh and ambi called it a day. Somebody can't tell Holder to up his pace, stewpssss. The man has good skills as a bowler but the 79mph trundler ain't going to trouble much international players.

I'm not sold on Ramdin coming back as yet, I going all around the block first before I come back to he.

Lewis in test cricket?? Partner, Lewis can't even find his feet in ODI cricket as yet, I can't see his test status being any different than Kieron Powell to be honest. Lewis is a boss when he just firing bat. Playing test cricket not for he at this point in time.

While he have some worthy replacements for most the spots, I really don't know who other half decent opener is around the region. That spot ain't seeming to be filled anytime soon. Matter ah fact, I reckon that's the only reason Powell made the trip to England. Had Alleyne continued his form on the 2nd half of the PCL, he may have made the trip.

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:25:25 

In reply to jen

All the players you mentioned in the lead post deserve dropping except Joseph. He ain't going anywhere, clearly one for the future. Gotta be persisted with.

OK. Even i am in partial agreement.

The remaining FIVE THOUGH HAVE TO GO.

Would be hard to drop Reifer seeing he didn't play any games.

Yes. But he is not a main spinner or batsmen. He's just on VACATION. He is in direct conflict with Chase and Jason for a spot. Basically him have no chance of playing.

Miller is ordinary on the international scene.

Look, heres the thing with Miller. You have to use him to block one end up.
Miller is difficult to score off. Let the pacers attack from the other end.

And Miller only plays if Bishoo is injured. & Chase does the containing job, which he is not very good at.

Also, Miller has done well domestically and should be rewarded.

Lewis in test cricket?? Partner, Lewis can't even find his feet in ODI cricket as yet, I can't see his test status being any different than Kieron Powell to be honest. Lewis is a boss when he just firing bat. Playing test cricket not for he at this point in time.

Give him a GO. Whats there to LOSE. We have Powell who has spent 29 innings without a 50.
I say give 10 innings to Lewis. One series AWAY And ONE at HOME.

imusic 2017-09-09 11:33:14 

In reply to jen

Australia took that identical approach with David Warner. He's such a failure in test cricket

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:38:38 

In reply to imusic

No better example than Gayle

two triple hundreds in test cricket

His performances vs Australia in Australia won him the Man of the Series award even

Jens concerns are not misplaced but like I said, nothing to lose in giving Lewis a chance

Scar 2017-09-09 11:48:05 

In reply to thefacts

I said this before and hot acked here for it. OZ dont cate if Warner comes good eith Ton every 4th try. As long as he attacks and scores 40-60 runs in the first 10- 15 overs they are happy because that causes the primary strike bowler who the runs come off to be taken off, thus making batting a tad easier. An Andersom going for 25 in his first 3 overs would be off for about 4 or 5 overs b4 being brought back on.

Lets see if the Ashes proves me right big grin

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:51:52 

In reply to Scar

You've already been proved right

Warner just did that in Bangladesh and won them the test

Cornfused 2017-09-09 11:51:55 

In reply to imusic

Exactly my point many years ago with Pollard and Test Cricket. Warner was a new South Wales player when Polly in his early days of being established in the T20 arena. How then has the WICB failed to convert such players where Cricket Austraila has?

thefacts 2017-09-09 11:55:51 

In reply to jen

really don't know who other half decent opener is around the region,

For now, Hetmyer and Lewis will do to partner KB.

mikesiva 2017-09-09 14:11:37 

In reply to jen

Miller has only played one test. He deserves a run. His omission is a glaring example of the lack of meritocracy in the selection process. It's not surprising that the west indies test team loses series after series.

Judgement 2017-09-09 14:26:01 

In reply to thefacts

Ummm you do know Lewis does not want to play Test cricket? You guys are hilarious dwl!
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Ewart 2017-09-09 14:39:18 

In reply to mikesiva

Indisputable.

//

analyst-kid 2017-09-09 14:59:04 

Openning always telling me (and I agree) you can't pick a test player based on T20 cricket.

That is the basis you are picking Lewis to open with Brathwaite.

BeatDball 2017-09-09 17:25:49 

KHope for DMB....nothing else! Done.
rolleyes

rillo 2017-09-09 19:01:34 

In reply to thefacts

none getting dropped.
That will look bad on Brown