The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Sammy:'part of greater cause’ for World XI

sgtdjones 2017-09-10 12:43:20 

Sammy: Touring Pakistan ‘part of greater cause’ for World XI

Darren Sammy says he and his World XI cricket team-mates believe they “are part of something more important than just themselves” in agreeing to tour Pakistan.

Sammy, the former West Indies captain, said the three-match T20 series between the World XI and Pakistan next week was a step in the right direction towards reviving international cricket in the country.

“Everyone is here and they realize that they are part of a greater cause, and they have accepted they are part of something more important than just themselves,” Sammy said yesterday in Dubai where the World XI is having a two day camp.

Link Text

Drapsey 2017-09-10 12:49:10 

In reply to sgtdjones

Hope $ammy is not later ostracized like the participants of the Saffie "Apartheid" Rebel tour.

Kay 2017-09-10 12:51:27 

The greater cause is $$$$$ .... nothing more, nothing less!!!

Folks like $ammy don't have much of a choice now....

Halliwell 2017-09-10 16:35:47 

In reply to Drapsey

Errrrr???

You thought through the post before you typed it? rolleyes

Toney 2017-09-10 22:03:32 

In reply to Kay

The greater cause is $$$$$ .... nothing more, nothing less!!!

Of course it's di money and not for any noble cause.

Sammy can try to fool some people some of the time but 'im cyah fool alla dam all di time. lol lol

ducks 2017-09-11 10:34:32 

In reply to Drapsey

The statement sounds just lake those issued on the Krugerrand Tour. But to mine there is no need to lie to justify this tour. If the players accept the risk I am sure they will go with the full blessing of the cricketing world. Including India?

Drapsey 2017-09-11 12:43:54 

In reply to Halliwell

You thought through the post before you typed it?

Yes.

What's your issue with my post?

Halliwell 2017-09-11 13:34:14 

In reply to Drapsey

That you would somehow attempt to equate the attempts at revival of cricket in Pakistan to playing in an apartheid South African climate

Drapsey 2017-09-11 13:52:12 

In reply to Halliwell

That you would somehow attempt to equate the attempts at revival of cricket in Pakistan to playing in an apartheid South African climate

Firstly, I have no problem with (international) cricket being played in Pakistan.

Secondly, for political reasons (yes, political, the underlying reason not withstanding) cricket authorities don't want international cricket played in Pakistan, and won't hesitate to punish whomever goes against their will.

Finally, and most importantly, using the analogy of the Apartheid tour fits the mold of players being punished for 'breaking the rules'. I'd hope that $ammy doesn't jeopardize his once certain broadcasting career.

NineMiles 2017-09-11 16:56:56 

In reply to Drapsey

Secondly, for political reasons (yes, political, the underlying reason not withstanding) cricket authorities don't want international cricket played in Pakistan, and won't hesitate to punish whomever goes against their will.

Rubbish... stop telling lies will you!

This tour has been sanctioned by the ICC

Halliwell 2017-09-11 17:33:32 

In reply to NineMiles

lol cool

Starzz 2017-09-11 20:01:06 

In reply to Kay

lol