J Mo
Ambris

TIME TO BRING BACK:
Lil Bravo
Ramdin

Agreed cool

Star 2017-09-10 14:48:24 

In reply to thefacts
Do not agree with your call to drop Powell.

Agree with Bringing back Ramdin and Lil Bravo.

thefacts 2017-09-10 15:02:38 

In reply to Star

FOR 15 TESTS and 29 INNINGS, NOT A SINGLE SCORE OF 50!

NO BRAINER. DROP THE SKUNT.

dayne 2017-09-10 15:54:10 

In reply to Star

Well forget about Ramdin, it is a generational change going on in WI cricket, so I do not see him being recall. I would like the Selectors to be fair and give a non-Barbadian Hamilton a chance, as Dujon said, he is the best wicket-keeper batsmen in the region at the moment. Powell will have many more opportunities, as there is no one else to replace him at this time. Maybe next season, during the F/C season.

mikesiva 2017-09-10 16:18:53 

In reply to thefacts

The next Test tour is going to be a two-Test tour of New Zealand in late Nov-early Dec in cold, seaming conditions...much like this just-concluded tour. I feel very pessimistic about our chances there. And yet our selectors will carry on as normal, fiddling while Rome burns....

The pacers will do well, but our problem once again will be the batting. I'm assuming that Kyle Hope will be dropped, but I doubt the selectors will do much else, so it will be business as usual. What are our likely batsmen averaging in Test cricket?

Kraigg Brathwaite - 36
Kieran Powell - 27
Shai Hope - 31
Roston Chase - 38
Jermaine Blackwood - 32
Shimron Hetmyer - 16
Shane Dowrich - 23
Darren Bravo - 40
Jason Holder - 28

I've included Lil Bravo, because I'm hopeful he will be persuaded to go on a tour of NZ, assuming T20 contracts in Australia Big Bash and South Africa this winter don't materialise.

But even with Lil Bravo, I don't hold out much hope....

WICFan 2017-09-10 17:09:53 

I think Bravo in for Hope is a no brainer, New Zealand will be similar kind of conditions to England.

I would recall Ramdin, Dowrich looked all at sea & I would like to see him moved up the order for Barbados & work on his keeping domestically, I'm sure his confidence has taken a dent.

Hamilton should play against Sri Lanka A, if he does well I'd include him in the touring squad to New Zealand to get him experience in foreign conditions.

Beamer 2017-09-10 18:20:19 

In reply to mikesiva

The next test tour is Zimbabwe in October. It's an ideal chance to try a new keeper. To me it should be a shootout between Hamilton and Ambris. Hamilton is in the driving seat but if Ambris has an impressive ODI tour he might get the nod. I doubt they'll go back to Ramdin, particularly after what he said about brung last time he was dropped.

Kyle Hope being dropped for Bravo is a no brainier. If Bravo refuses selection for some reason then a Hetmeyer should get the chance.

ducks 2017-09-10 22:03:58 

In reply to mikesiva

Cold? October? Southern hemisphere? Convince me!

thefacts 2017-09-10 22:58:25 

As per my lead post, this should be the squad of 16

3 changes in the playing 11
---------------
KB
Hetmyer --- (Powell OUT)
Lil Bravo --- (Kyle OUT)
Shai Hope
Chase
Blackwood
Ramdin --- (Dowrich OUT)
Jason
Bishoo
Roach
Gabriel
-------------------
Bench:
Opener: Lewis
Middle Order: J Mo
WK: Ambris
Pacer: Joseph
Spinner: Miller

The Above team is MOSTLY ON MERIT and allowing some QUOTA PICKS.

Scar 2017-09-10 23:33:57 

I donr think Dec in
NZ is cold. And it just was a bit rainy during the Test. When sun burst thru the clouds was hot. Dem guys had some soft dismissals if not careless like the skippers lasf hook shot to get out

mikesiva 2017-09-11 06:31:21 

In reply to Scar

"February is the hottest month in Wellington with an average temperature of 19°C (65°F) and the coldest is July at 10°C (49°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 12 in September."

MOre here

For Caribbean cricketers, 19 Celsius can be cold...comparable to the temperatures they experienced in England. The first Test at Wellington is in December, when the average temperature is 16-17 Celsius. The rain will be comparable to England too....

I didn't realise we're going to Zimbabwe in October first. We need to play more Tests against teams in the bottom half, such as Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland and Afghanistan. This is an opportunity for us to finally win a Test series.

natty_forever 2017-09-11 08:57:41 

I putting Blackwood on that first list.

thefacts 2017-09-11 11:08:32 

In reply to natty_forever

I putting Blackwood on that first list.

Blackwood won't get dropped with such "EPIC" LOSERS:

Powell: Not a single 50 in 15 Tests and 29 innings
Kyle Hope: COMPLETE FAILURE
Dowrich: CANT WK, CANT BAT

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-11 11:31:36 

In reply to thefacts

In reply to Star

FOR 15 TESTS and 29 INNINGS, NOT A SINGLE SCORE OF 50!

NO BRAINER. DROP THE SKUNT.
AGREED!!! lol lol lol

Starzz 2017-09-11 12:19:06 

Like him or not Blackwood still more consistent than most cool

natty_forever 2017-09-11 12:22:19 

In reply to Starzz... sigh, that just shows how horrible the others are, cause Blacks looking a little light upstairs.

Starzz 2017-09-11 15:33:29 

The main problem with him is his shot selection.

We can easily fault him but what about the others?

He still had scores of 70+ 49 & 44

We have top 5 batsmen just failing.... to avg 25.00

If he didn't bat the way he does windies probably won't have won that 2nd test could have easily collapse...

natty_forever 2017-09-11 15:38:30 

In reply to Starzz... not doing a comparison here blood. Looking at his performance and thinks it sucks, simple. The others being worse should also take care of that, if he as to go so do they ... again, simple.

Judgement 2017-09-11 17:44:25 

In reply to mikesiva

The first Test at Wellington is in December, when the average temperature is 16-17 Celsius. The rain will be comparable to England too....

Champ, you are facking hilarious! Take it from someone who doesn't just graze Google for information - i have actually lived in New Zealand and it is NOT 16-17 degrees celsius in December even on average - December is the Aussie and Kiwi SUMMER and their summers are hot as hell, wtf are you saying?!

Travel the world properly before quoting your usual nonsense, at least i had another good laugh thanks to you though lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Ragga007 2017-09-11 18:29:31 

You guys should be championing the cause of Sunil Ambris to be selected for the West Indies team and to be the wicketkeeper in the starting eleven.

How much longer is the West Indies Selectors going to punish this highly talented cricketer?

He is just as talented, if not moreso, than Shai Hope.

It is shameful that he has not been given the opportunity to prove himself. He has done what it takes, on merit, to be on the squad.

So why holdup?

Is it because they're afraid that will excelled and thus they would have no excuses to keep him out of the squad?

Come on Selectors, you can do better than this?

Chally1 2017-09-11 19:28:38 

In reply to thefacts

Agreed with Ramdin and Bravo

Baje 2017-09-11 21:18:21 

In reply to Ragga007

How much longer is the West Indies Selectors going to punish this highly talented cricketer?

He is just as talented, if not moreso, than Shai Hope.

Punishing him? Look, he has been pretty mediocre at first class level and very good in ODI. He is now in the ODI squad, deservedly so. Lets see what he does.

thefacts 2017-09-11 23:57:00 

In reply to Chally1

Agreed with Ramdin and Bravo

Thanks.

IT REALLY IS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.

THIS TEAM HAS PLENTY OF YOUNG TALENT AND NEEDS SOME EXPERIENCE IN THE BATTING ORDER AND AN ASSURED GLOVESMAN BEHIND THE STUMPS.

IT REALLY IS THE MINIMUM THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Pacy 2017-09-12 05:39:53 

I am watching out for Gayle. His ODI returns in England would be a interesting to follow. I saw a very calm and productive Gayle in the CPL. If he can be impactful in ODIs too then I would be keen to have him replace Powell.

KB
Chris Gayle
Lil.Bravo
S,Hope
Chase (Hetmeyer if Chase continues to fail)
Blackwood
Ramdin (Or Hamilton if the selectors dont think experience is needed)
Holder
Joseph / Bishoo
Roach
Gabriel

Beaton / Evin Lewis and Hetmeyer in the 14

WICFan 2017-09-12 06:48:03 

K. Braithwaite
K. Powell
D. Bravo
S. Hope
R. Chase
J. Blackwood
D. Ramdin
J. Holder
D. Bishoo
K. Roach
S. Gabriel
---
S. Hetmyer
J. Hamilton
R. Reifer
A. Joseph

thefacts 2017-09-12 07:07:44 

In reply to WICFan

Powell has not scored a SINGLE 50 for 15 tests and 29 innings, IT MUST BE SOME KIND OF RECORD for an TEST OPENING BATSMEN

and yet folks, BLINDLY PICK HIM

HILARIOUS

thefacts 2017-09-12 07:10:56 

The Question should be: If Powell can get 15 Tests without a single 50, then why not Johnson (9 Tests only) or Fudadin (3 Tests only)

Certainly this cannot be the RIGHT BENCHMARK from a selection perspective

COURSE CORRECTION NEEDED

natty_forever 2017-09-12 08:54:09 

In reply to Ragga007

You guys should be championing the cause of Sunil Ambris to be selected for the West Indies team and to be the wicketkeeper in the starting eleven.
... yes but we learn our lesson. So we would like an Academy, A team tours and a few more FC matches under his belt. Losing not going anywhere soon.

natty_forever 2017-09-12 08:55:55 

In reply to thefacts... was Browne and co present during those two's selection? If not they just came too early. if yes, then Browne has now changed his selection policy.

big grin

thefacts 2017-09-12 10:16:30 

Browne has now changed his selection policy.

YES, ALL CAN SEE THE BOOT LICKERS AND QUOTA PICKS PLENTY!

thefacts 2017-09-12 10:19:34 

In reply to Pacy

I am watching out for Gayle.

While I am a big Chris Gayle fan.. I think he doesn't have any interest left in Test Cricket and I am fine with him not playing in the longer version, if that prolongs his ODI and T20 career.

The bigger candidate for Test Cricket would have been SHIV, the man is scoring runs in buckets every where he plays....

But I guess that chapter is also closed.

Just SUPREME TRAGEDIES.

Starzz 2017-09-12 10:25:15 

not doing a comparison here blood. Looking at his performance and thinks it sucks, simple. The others being worse should also take care of that, if he as to go so do they ... again, simple.

I agree his approach is awful in tests.

As of now there is noone to replace him with.....

WICFan 2017-09-12 17:05:34 

In reply to thefacts

Powell looked better in the 3rd test after altering his batting stance, give him a few more games.

If Alleyne or Lewis make some runs then they can take the spot.

thefacts 2017-09-13 00:00:20 

In reply to WICFan

If Alleyne or Lewis make some runs then they can take the spot.

Hetmyer is in the squad. He should be the automatic choice first up.

Powell looked better in the 3rd test after altering his batting stance, give him a few more games.

Why can't Powell go back to domestic cricket, with his new stance and prove to everyone that him a better bat.

After 15 Tests, 29 innings and NOT A SINGLE SCORE OF 50... NO ONE CAN SAY THAT HE DIDN'T GET AN EPIC EXTENDED RUN.

I ASK YOU... Will you SUPPORT HETMYER FOR 15 TESTS WITHOUT A 50?
WILL ANY BOOT LICKER SUPPORT A NON-BOOT LICKER PLAYER FOR 15 TESTS WITHOUT A 50?

Answer HONESTLY.

thefacts 2017-09-13 00:07:19 

I'll EXPOSE WHAT THE DOTTIE BOOT LICKERS ARE ACTUALLY HOPING FOR:

POWELL GOING ON THE TOUR OF ZIMBABWE ON THE PRETEXT OF NEW STANCE BS.

THATS HIS BEST CHANCE TO GET A 50.

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS IN NEW ZEALAND, THE SKUNT WILL AGAIN BE SHOWN THE MIRROR.

ALL THIS BULL CRAP ABOUT NEW STANCE IS JUST TO SAVE THE SKUNT WHO ALREADY HAS GOT 15 TESTS WITHOUT A 50.

EPIC.

Judgement 2017-09-13 06:22:02 

In reply to thefacts aka thafack

Why do you feel the need to type in capitals? Do you think typing like you are a 5 year old will ensure you are heard better? It does, however, highlight what a complete and utter brainless idiot you are and that too, very consistently! lol lol lol

Such a wasted thread with all your upper case typing sprouting absolute garbage (and all this when the teams have already been selected weeks ago hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!) And just think - time wasted is something you will never get back just like the rest of your wasteful life dwl.

thefacts 2017-09-13 07:13:29 

In reply to Judgement aka PREMATUREEJACULATOR

and all this when the teams have already been selected weeks ago hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

TEAM FOR ZIMBABWE (THE NEXT TOUR) ALREADY PICKED WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!

BOOT LICKERS ARE SO DUMB!!

FUNNY AS FCUK

HA HA HA

Headley 2017-09-13 07:51:30 

In reply to thefacts

The Question should be: If Powell can get 15 Tests without a single 50, then why not Johnson (9 Tests only) or Fudadin (3 Tests only)

Certainly this cannot be the RIGHT BENCHMARK from a selection perspective

Selection is difficult.

Some players are selected based on performance.

Some players are selected based on promise.

And some players are selected based on nationality.

thefacts 2017-09-14 01:52:44 

In reply to Headley

Some players are selected based on performance.

Some players are selected based on promise.

And some players are selected based on nationality.

Reminds me of Shakespeare...

"Some Men are Born Great,
Others Achieve Greatness...
.. and some have Greatness THRUST upon them!!"

natty_forever 2017-09-14 09:27:46 

In reply to Starzz

As of now there is none to replace him with....
... you kidding right?

Cleg 2017-09-14 09:36:51 

In reply to thefacts

I think he doesn't have any interest left in Test Cricket

`Onry said over & over again he wants to play test.

You are entitle to your "opinion" of course.... but I wish you would stick to "the facts".

thefacts 2017-09-14 12:00:30 

In reply to Cleg

Yes, it is my opinion. (and may be even wrong)

but i dont mind sharing my reasoning..

Its one thing, IMO, to say the right things, however I have observed with many, not only gayle, that their first preferemce is T20 leagues and I dont blame them since those leagues pay so well.

So when i see a player say he wants to play Test Cricket, and then that player doesnt play any 4-day cricket or county cricket etc, makes me wonder if the walk matches the talk?

and Like I said, Gayle is not the only one. He is just one of the many T20 big league players we have, Pollard-BigBravo-Simmons etc, who almost skip all the 4-day games tournaments

natty_forever 2017-09-14 14:55:04 

In reply to thefacts... Gayle has said he would like to play Test again, as recently as 3 weeks ago. For how long, I do not know. Opinion, for one last send off.

openning 2017-09-14 15:25:01 

The only seniors need talkin about are Gayle, Samuels and Narine.
I don't consider Darren Bravo a senior, so the #3 spot is his.
I will let Shai keep,
Gayle
Brathwaite
Bravo
Hope wkp
Samuels
Chase
Blackwood
Holder
Narine
Roach
Gabriel

thefacts 2017-09-14 22:40:43 

Opinion, for one last send off.

I would say, let Gayle play one domestic season. Let him earn that send off considering he hasn't played test cricket in a while.

Honestly, I am fine with Gayle playing just ODIs (Target 2019 World Cup, and more importantly first the qualifiers) and 2018 & 2020 T20 World Cups. I think that "moment" of Test Cricket has passed for Gayle... its a tragedy, but IMO, it has passed for him.

Summary: Those three World Cups should be Gayle's CAREER SIGN OFF TARGETS. (IMO)

thefacts 2017-09-14 22:45:12 

In reply to openning

Hope wkp

shock shock shock

Bad Idea IMO.

The PLayer is just digging into the No.4 role. and to overload him with WK duties could destroy his career.

Shai should only and only FOCUS on BATTING.

Gayle, Samuels and Narine.

I think Gayle and Samuels are really past their Test Cricket stage in their careers.
They should focus on the upcoming World Cups (2018, 2019, 2020) to SIGN OFF ON THEIR CAREERS.

Narine, I am not sure is really interested in playing Test Cricket.

che 2017-09-14 23:15:37 

In reply to thefacts

Test umps waitin pon Narine...da bent armer already beat three count rule

lol lol lol

thefacts 2017-09-15 00:41:09 

In reply to che

Test umps waitin pon Narine...da bent armer already beat three count rule

Could be. Although I will still give Narine the benefit of the doubt as He is yet to be called.

Also, IMO, there are plenty of "young" options for the spinners slot:

Leg-Spinners: Bishoo, Jacobs, Imran

Left-Arm: Permaul, Miller, Warricann, Motie-Kanhai

Off-Spinners: Cornwall

Unfortunately, WI selectors are clueless as usual.

I'd have Bishoo and Miller for the WI team.

and Jacobs/Imran + Permaul/Warricann/Motie-Kanhai + Cornwall for the A-team

--

Right now, in the BIZARRE BOOT LICKER SELECTION POLICY.. Favouring the BAJANS... Rest of the Talents from other regions are being royally ignored.

THATS A FACT. AND IT IS UNDISPUTED.

Judgement 2017-09-15 06:36:08 

In reply to thefacts

Unfortunately, WI selectors are clueless as usual

lol lol lol lol lol lol

And you are the one who has all the clues right? That is why you resort to sprouting garbage on a message board instead of ever being able to dream of getting close to the international cricket scene dwl! lol lol lol lol

Quote of the day: The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance big grin big grin big grin

thefacts 2017-09-15 11:17:20 

In reply to Judgement

Look this is nothing personal, but quit being a brainless boot licker

i am making a cricket argument with details.

The selectors picked a 15 player squad and chose Raymon Reifer for a free vacation, without a backup wicket keeper or spinner in the squad

Further, Look at the list of the spinners i have detailed out.
Most of them have been handled very poorly.

Obviously you dont want to discuss those FACTS!

Anyways, you are what you are and will remain a Brainless BOOT LICKER!!!

FUNNY AS FCUK

HA HA HA

Veracity 2017-09-15 14:02:05 

In reply to thefacts

Your analysis is correct but I would like to correct you on a couple of our points:
The Selectors did not have a pick a back-up wicket keeper because by default that role belong to Shai Hope.
The Selectors did pick a spin bowler in Bishoo. If you are advocating that Cornwall should have been selected then I think that is a different case, and I think he would have also been a spectator like Reifer. It is clear that Cornwall do have some talent/skill but currently is a liability - for his sake I hope the current program he is in can help because the WI cricket will be the beneficiaries.

I don't believe that WI cricket should invest any more in tumblers like Miller, Permaul, Warrican, etc...
It time to invest some of the younger spinners that have the ability to learn and grow. Over the past three years have you or anyone seen any growth from Miller, Permaul, or Warrican. Its okay to get wickets at the WI domestic level but at the international level great skill is required, and the likes of Miller, Permaul, & Warrican don't have it.

Clearly, Dorwich failed, and I part of the reason may be complacency; so it may time to look in a different (Hamilton) direction.
One caution is that if the standard is that players are not allowed to fail for a short period then we may have a revolving door.

natty_forever 2017-09-15 14:09:49 

In reply to Veracity

Its okay to get wickets at the WI domestic level but at the international level great skill is required, and the likes of Miller, Permaul, & Warrican don't have it.
... maybe, but in Miller's case he played how many tests again?

thefacts 2017-09-15 15:38:33 

In reply to Veracity

good points.

But read my post again:

1) I said "backup" spinner. Which means "backup" to Bishoo.

2) Before this tour, Did Shai Hope keep wickets full-time? I.e is he a specialist WK being groomed as a "backup"?

The point here is why all this dancing around in circles by selectors?

It's really obvious that selectors wanted to pick their fellow Bajan Boot Lickers for this tour and they did.

So much so, they played 8 of them in the first Test and dropped Bishoo and Gabriel.

3) Coming to your point about Permaul, Miller, Warricann.

My only position on them is that make your judgement after giving them at least half the number of tests that you have given to Powell (now 15 tests w/o a 50), or Dowrich or Shai Hope (who before this tour had done nothing in test cricket).

Really you have confirmed my point about different yardsticks: one for boot lickers like Powell etc and another for NON-BOOTLICKERS like Miller, who despite year after year performs at domestic cricket, they are branded as not good enough for international cricket without giving half the chances that BOOT LICKERS get.