Looters getting a run

indicator of a larger problem

British and French police / soldiers on ground

Canadian / US / European vacationers terrorised

POINT 2017-09-13 00:49:03 

In reply to Curtis

I have no doubt that some Rich Folks
are going to see what they can get for
a Song . That's Life , One Man's Misery ; is Another Man's Joy .

Emir 2017-09-13 06:56:00 

In reply to Curtis

This article is much to do about nothing. A very small numbers of looters and it take precedence over reporting of the masses.

There is also a racial element for highlighting this story.

Kaieteur has an agenda for giving this such prominence.

ray 2017-09-13 09:08:38 

In reply to Emir

In small Islands with small populations, a small amount of looters seems like a lot....

So, because the looters are black, this should not be reported?

SnoopDog 2017-09-13 10:12:11 

In reply to ray

So, because the looters are black, this should not be reported?

You are now officially a 'racist'. Expect the PC Gestapo to knock at your door soon. big grin

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-13 10:17:56 

In reply to ray

Massimiliano Napoliello, the manager of a bar in Maho Beach, issued a desperate plea for help on Facebook.

‘The situation in SXM is a HELL! NO WATER NO FOOD NO ELECTRICITY NO COMMUNICATION!!
‘They are completely isolated and there are CRIMINALS carrying GUNS AND KNIVES SHOOTING and looting all over!! NOTHING IS WORKING, THERE ARE NO RULES, THERE IS NO LAW AND NO PROTECTION RIGHT NOW!!’ he said.

SnoopDog 2017-09-13 10:19:36 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

Wow! That's pretty fcuked up Bro.

St Maarten is such a beautiful island with some of the friendliest people in the Caribbean I've ever met. Very sad to hear what is going on.

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-13 10:26:53 

In reply to SnoopDog

Wow! That's pretty fcuked up Bro.

St Maarten is such a beautiful island with some of the friendliest people in the Caribbean I've ever met. Very sad to hear what is going on.
AGREED, man. I was there just last December.

It's crazy tho how people [anywhere in the world for that matter] can become when the bare necessities in life are required just for survival... SAD!!!

SnoopDog 2017-09-13 10:29:29 

It's crazy tho how people [anywhere in the world for that matter] can become when the bare necessities in life are required just for survival... SAD!!!

I saw on the news this morning one American tourist who said the looters raided the resort he was staying in and robbed people of jewelry and cash. I guess they will boil the gold and money and have that for soup tonight.

ray 2017-09-13 10:33:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

I have visited all those small islands...lovley places...Carnival Cruise lines and these AMericans who love to live and play in those Islands, should help them out

SnoopDog 2017-09-13 10:43:13 

In reply to ray

I agree Bro. Seeing some drone footage of the island (post Irma) really gives one an idea of the level of devastation.

It seems that the law and order has completely broken down there for the time being. Let's hope the authorities get that situation sorted out very soon.

It will take years for the island to get back on it's feet again.

SnoopDog 2017-09-13 10:59:05 

In reply to ray

Aftermath of Irma. Maho beach and Sonesta resort areas.

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-13 11:48:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

I saw on the news this morning one American tourist who said the looters raided the resort he was staying in and robbed people of jewelry and cash. I guess they will boil the gold and money and have that for soup tonight.
Perhaps, they plan to barter.

Aftermath of Irma. Maho beach and Sonesta resort areas.
mind-numbing!!!

Tryangle 2017-09-13 11:56:38 

Perhaps, they plan to barter.

Robbing people of their personal effects to barter down the line isn't a good defense by any means.

DirtyDan 2017-09-13 12:34:18 

In reply to Emir

It's serious situation not an op-ed piece. It's anarchy and maybe a bit uncomfortable for some here but poverty and low morals are the drivers. Happens every time similar situations occur.

DirtyDan 2017-09-13 15:03:23 

In reply to Emir

Kaieteur's agenda is same as these guys

Link Text