The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Convincing players to tour Pakistan will be challenging says Cameron

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-09-17 06:22:03 

LAHORE, Pakistan, (CMC) — Cricket West Indies (CWI) president Dave Cameron said West Indies players will get to decide whether they tour Pakistan for a series of three Twenty20 Internationals in November.

Cameron was speaking at the conclusion of the Independence Series between the Pakistanis and a World XI over the last week in Lahore.
The series has raised expectations in the country that Pakistan can resume the staging of international matches following an international suspension, due to an armed attack by militants on the Sri Lankan team bus eight years in this city.

The Pakistanis hosted Zimbabwe for a historic limited-overs series two years ago, but other internationals have been reluctant to play bilateral series in the country, forcing Pakistan to play their home games in the United Arab Emirates in the past few years.
“We want to ensure that when the players come over, everyone actually wants to come and enjoy the experience, and we don’t want to be seen to be forcing anyone,” said Cameron.

Full Story

sgtdjones 2017-09-17 09:02:37 

The Big Ediot

CWI has no intention of forcing any player who doesn’t wish to undertake the tour.

Shouldn't CWI meet with players first, get their approval, before
arranging the tour to Lahore?. Ah hope all say NO.

Great planning ah tell ya.

Way ta go.

Gun_Play 2017-09-17 10:18:53 

In reply to sgtdjones

Exactly... I was thinking the same thing.

These men are so unprofessional.

They arrange a tour and then they want to ask players if they will play after.

I wouldn't want to be the first team touring there but of course CWI will put their hands up.

Also, after Pakistan ran away from playing an ODI series against us to ensure they played in the Champions Trophy we shouldn't be doing them any favors.

Khaga 2017-09-17 10:25:07 

Sammy is ready..

Walco 2017-09-17 10:41:44 

In reply to Khaga

And Emrit too ... not to worry. The eat-a-food massive will show up.

doosra 2017-09-17 10:44:32 

In reply to Walco

i thought the eat-a-food-massive were the stars

i have no problems with eat-a-crumbs-massive showing up

doosra 2017-09-17 10:45:33 

Who wants to play test cricket for the WI?

Who wants to play for the WI

Walco 2017-09-17 10:52:32 

In reply to doosra

The stars belly full now man. It's now the turn of the second and third tier massive to eat-a-food. Riefer might come out of retirement for this one smile

Drapsey 2017-09-17 13:59:20 

In reply to sgtdjones

Shouldn't CWI meet with players first, get their approval, before
arranging the tour to Lahore?

Why, are you ready for a return to the tail wagging the dog paradigm?

Walco 2017-09-17 14:08:07 

In reply to Drapsey

Why, are you ready for a return to the tail wagging the dog paradigm?

This Pakistan tour thing is not new. CWI wanted Pakistan to play T20s in Florida during the recent Caribbean tour. Pakistan said it would only agree to play in Florida if CWI agreed to play games in Pakistan later in the year. The WI players (WIPA) refused to agree to the Pakistan Tour, and the T20s were played in the Caribbean.

I suspect the PCB has now given Dave a bag of goodies to offer the WI players to change "no" to "yes" smile

Drapsey 2017-09-17 14:16:24 

In reply to Walco

Dave must be hedging his prospect of the players acceptance on the highly successful (no reported negative incidents) recently concluded ICC sanctioned International XI 'tour'.

sgtdjones 2017-09-17 14:24:41 

In reply to Drapsey

Drapsey

Isn't it good fundamental business practice to get one's assets on Board before
arranging such. This way the best team can be sent.

We are speaking of T20, the Pakistan Public would love to see the best
CWI T20 team. This team is World Champs.

Now should they all decide not to go, do we send a bunch of
schoolboys to be slaughtered?.

Ah just asking?

Walco 2017-09-17 14:31:32 

In reply to Drapsey

You have to admire what Dave did here though. He traveled to Pakistan and put himself "in harm's way" to hammer home the message to WI players that Pakistan is a safe place to play international cricket.

Risky move on his part though. If the WI tour Pakistan and players are injured or killed, guess who will be blamed?

Drapsey 2017-09-17 14:56:30 

In reply to sgtdjones

We are speaking of T20, the Pakistan Public would love to see the best
CWI T20 team. This team is World Champs.

Not yet ready to say whether I agree with the BIG IDIOT's posture or not, but he can hedge that the Pakistan cricket authorities, as well as the Pakistani public, would be happy for whatever they get.

Drapsey 2017-09-17 14:58:07 

In reply to Walco

Risky move on his part though. If the WI tour Pakistan and players are injured or killed, guess who will be blamed?

Even if the tour comes off successfully, the BIG IDIOT will be blamed for it anyway.

Baje 2017-09-17 15:42:49 

Well, Pakistan needs to offer Hazard pay

doosra 2017-09-17 19:05:36 

In reply to Walco

He traveled to Pakistan and put himself "in harm's way"

stop bad-talking Sammy big grin

sandisha 2017-09-17 19:53:33 

Courtney Brown should come out from retirement to captain the west Indies team to Pakistan which should include all of his selectors. So my team is: 1. Courtney Brown-captain, 2.Eldine Baptiste,3. Lockhart Sebastien,4.Travis Dowlin, 5. Wavel Hines 5.Dave Cameron, 6. Emmanuel Nanthan, 7. Jimmy Adams 8. Richard Pybus 9. Anthony Astaphan since he is their lawyer, and all the rest that helped Dave Cameron to destroy our cricket.

sgtdjones 2017-09-17 20:56:08 

In reply to doosra

stop bad-talking Sammy big grin

lol lol lol

Star 2017-09-18 06:09:15 

Going to Pakistan to play cricket in that environment is risky.

I cannot agree with this decision by CWI.

camos 2017-09-18 07:09:15 

was thinking last night that if players can go to England without security concerns ,why not Pakistan? confused

Walco 2017-09-18 08:51:10 

In reply to camos

A touring International cricket team was targeted by terrorists in Pakistan and multiple players were shot and seriously injured. When something similar occurs in England there will be plenty reason for security concerns.

You think any player from Sri Lanka would tour Pakistan in November?

Kay 2017-09-18 09:18:31 

Jus let dem announce what each player who signs up have to gain financially and I am expecting a loooong lineup (Pak will make dis right).

WI players, especially the stars are all about show me de money!!!!

sandisha 2017-09-18 12:34:55 

In reply to sgtdjones

I also do hope that those who refuse to go will not be punished and banned for good. One just cannot predict these "big idiots" running our cricket.

Star 2017-09-18 20:03:40 

In reply to sandisha

One just cannot predict these "big idiots" running our cricket.

I do not think Mr.Jimmy Adams should be included in the group of "big idiots".

Cleg 2017-09-18 21:03:51 

In reply to sandisha

1. Courtney Brown-captain, 2.Eldine Baptiste,3. Lockhart Sebastien,4.Travis Dowlin, 5. Wavel Hines 5.Dave Cameron, 6. Emmanuel Nanthan, 7. Jimmy Adams 8. Richard Pybus 9. Anthony Astaphan since he is their lawyer, and all the rest that helped Dave Cameron to destroy our cricket.

Agreed 100%

lol lol lol

Cleg 2017-09-18 21:11:20 

In reply to sandisha

I also do hope that those who refuse to go will not be punished and banned for good. One just cannot predict these "big idiots" running our cricket.

They wont be "officially" banned...just not selected.

DIEHARD 2017-09-18 22:36:08 

What a forking skunt this Cameron is.

No matter how hard he tries to be other than. Wait... He's never tried

What a skunt

POINT 2017-09-19 01:55:35 

In reply to sgtdjones

I am of the opinion that it is ALL
ABOUT MONEY . I do not believe that
Cameron & Co want to send the Players
to Pakistan ; and it seems that , the Unrest in Pakistan has provided him with a convenient Excuse not to Tour
Pakistan .

If the Tour is abandoned , it will save Cameron & Co Money . It is all about Money . It is never about Harnessing & Honing our Players Skills so that they are fully competitive in the International Cricket Arena .