The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Rivalry between Ben Stokes and Marlon Samuels

sgtdjones 2017-09-18 23:09:06 

If there is one thing guaranteed to give life to what could be an end of summer damp squib it is the rivalry between Ben Stokes and Marlon Samuels.

Samuels has already fired a shot at Stokes telling the Guardian recently he should “stay on the boundary” while he is batting. He also warned he has “things in place” if Stokes starts to be a bit lippy.

Stokes is a more mature player now than the one Samuels mocked with a salute in the Caribbean two years ago but he did rile him in the World Twenty20 final last year and when the red mist descends the England all-rounder can lose his focus. Worse still, he is one demerit point away from a suspension so treads a fine line if he goes toe to toe with Samuels, particularly with umpires who are cracking down on bad behaviour.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2017-09-18 23:09:51 

Samuels has already fired a shot at Stokes telling the Guardian recently he should “stay on the boundary” while he is batting. He also warned he has “things in place” if Stokes starts to be a bit lippy.

razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2017-09-18 23:14:12 

‘Big Ben’ vs ‘the Universe Boss’ is enough to sell this ODI series alone
Ben Stokes against Chris Gayle will provide a fascinating sub-plot to the five-match series between England and the West Indies

However, there is the added danger that Stokes might land himself in hot water with the authorities again and pick up a ban for the first Ashes Test at the Gabba in November.

The Durham all-rounder is walking a disciplinary tightrope having picked up a third demerit point for swearing during the recent Test series against West Indies.

Link Text

positiveg 2017-09-19 02:01:46 

I hope the storm no hit us to hard so at least can see part of the game
wid all that going on outside I just need summen like this to take me mind off it.

mikesiva 2017-09-19 07:45:59 

In reply to sgtdjones

Stokes vs Samuels
lol

DIEHARD 2017-09-19 08:49:29 

In reply to mikesiva

lol lol lol lol

Samwells 2017-09-19 09:07:42 

In reply to mikesiva

Dwl

sgtdjones 2017-09-19 09:53:09 

In reply to mikesiva