The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

STOP BLAMING BISHOO..PART 2..Return of the leggie

CITYBOY 2017-09-20 07:30:25 

Hola...for some unknown reason Bishoo is being singled out by supposedly fans of WI cricket as the MAIN REASON the opposition walloping WI..we know the reason why he must shoulder blame...just go ask the great Rohan Kanhai who once remarked in the 80's to someone..."They just dont like us...period"..he said much more but that shall remain in confidence and to whom he said that to.
Anyway...have any of you ..with your fingers on the keyboard played/lived in England..and experience what it is like to try and spin a cricket ball with cold frozen fingers? Watching the game most of the WI fielders had their hands in their pockets...I guess Bishoo is not human ...oh well..
In Guyana we have gone past this insularity nonsense,,only last week...an administrator/former coach of youth cricket in Guyana remarked to me.."In its present state I have no time for WI cricket and those who dont know it and claim to be fans."
Adios
CB

Starzz 2017-09-20 09:01:01 

Every bowler was expensive.

Its just what these fans do.

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-20 09:43:16 

In reply to CITYBOY

Anyway...have any of you ..with your fingers on the keyboard played/lived in England..and experience what it is like to try and spin a cricket ball with cold frozen fingers?
Calm dong..... ANOTHER bad day at the office for Bishoo...

He was picked to play. He's the professional, not us.

He got to do HIS job. SIMPLE!

natty_forever 2017-09-20 10:00:07 

In reply to RemainsUnknown... and from where I am sitting no one "did his job" SIMPLE!

Larr Pullo 2017-09-20 11:00:04 

Y'all need to stop giving Bishoo cover under the crap premise that he is not "liked" because of his race!!

He is not trusted by Holder simply because when the runs are tight, you cannot trust Bishoo to come on and not release pressure on batsmen by offering up boundary balls!!! Yes he'll get wickets at times, however when the wickets don't come all he is is a very expensive pie chucker!!

Yesterday there was as sequence when he bowled 3 good deliveries in a row to Joe Root, but the next over it was back to the same old...short and wide, or wide and short! The few he managed not to land closer to his toes, the batsmen patted them down, KNOWING that something short and wide would be along next ball!!

natty_forever 2017-09-20 11:03:07 

In reply to Larr Pullo... could the weather be a factor? Oh, is only you come across as not liking him for that reason. Check youself.

Kay 2017-09-20 12:42:31 

In reply to Larr Pullo

He is not trusted by Holder simply because when the runs are tight, you cannot trust Bishoo to come on and not release pressure on batsmen by offering up boundary balls!!!

That must be always. When is runs never tight against WI? So then he shouldn't play ... period if the captain cannot trust him. I think that is all people are saying. He is just occupying a spot a better player can fill ...

Ridge 2017-09-20 12:49:37 

The batsmen should be blamed.
Not enough runs.

openning 2017-09-20 13:52:14 

We've all witnessed two young wrist spinners in the CPL, that kind of bowling is what we fans, look for in Bishoo.
It has nothing to do, as far as I am concern with Race, place of birth or height.

Courtesy 2017-09-20 13:59:19 

In reply to openning
By now Bishoo should have been condemned/consigned to a bowling scrap heap.

If Roston Chase does not take advice and improve on his off spin he will soon follow Bishoo. Chase has been equally disappointing.

CITYBOY 2017-09-20 15:01:41 

Hola...no one is supposing that Bishoo not being allowed to bowl is because of his likeness for lentil soup.....
we are merely stating that when wickets are not being taken he is viewed as the dunce in the class...
Larr is too stupidee to be a racist...he was simply told to stay away from Congress Place because of his views..ask him..but he just chupidee..but definitely not a racist..
the Bishoo thing is that BIshoo when not on tour plays too much soft ball/bumper ball cricket....he just needs to try and improve..but I think the ship has already sailed..
Our cricketers on their down time need to work on their game...
I went up to McKenzie/Linden many years ago to play an under 19 game...Butcher was responsible for cricket at mckenzie...when we got to the ground..it was raining heavily..really raining...at one corner of the ground ..on a concrete pitch..Butch was batting and youngsters pelting some cork balls at him..he was out there for awhile...thats the kind of attitude our players need..and Bishoo better smarten up...by the way Larr is Bishoo No 1 fan.
Adios
CB

granite 2017-09-20 15:37:41 

In reply to CITYBOY
Similar to when Ramdin was always blamed for Windies batting failures,kindah same innit,when Bishoo not there ah wonder if anybody will be blamed.

cool

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-20 15:41:58 

In reply to granite

Back to Shiv....

openning 2017-09-20 15:50:14 

In reply to Courtesy

If Roston Chase does not take advice and improve on his off spin he will soon follow Bishoo. Chase has been equally disappointing.

You can add Warrican to that list.
He is just like a Robut, he mostly bowls around the wicket at an angle, never bowling from close to the wicket.

WICFan 2017-09-20 16:27:27 

In reply to openning

No chance of Miller or Jacobs getting a few games?

Norm 2017-09-20 20:33:35 

The selectors think Bishoo deserves to play, but Jason Holder obviously doesn't. He shows no confidence on Bishoo, which does not help either Bishoo or the team.

Either treat Bishoo fairly when selected or do not select him.

This problem is taking on the appearance of being bigger than either Holder or Bishoo.

CITYBOY 2017-09-20 20:48:55 

In reply to Norm

Hola...you hit the nail..baddam...but Bishoo needs to understand that position...but maybe the pressure gets too much for him and he screws up..Bishoo has never really gotten a free pass...in easy games he is not selected thus he does not get a lil confidence booster by picking up some cheap wickets..thats a fact..
anyway as i said it appears the ship has sailed and only a miracle can save him...cold weather and freezing fingers has just killed his career..and its all over for him...and they will move on to another victim..its called as the wheels turn..
ADIOs
CB

Outswinger 2017-09-20 21:38:20 

In reply to CITYBOY

Look mate, Bish needs to develop a googly. He does not have one and his top spinner is not even a good one or prominent enough. If he had the googly and bowled it regularly enough, that would be a game changer. Batsmen would have to be concerned with which way the ball will be turning. As it is they do NOT! So everyone knows that he can only bowl a leg-break. The question is what length and how much bounce, but the direction is not an issue. Therein lies his problem. This is why Beefy referred to his bowling as 'help yourself', in other words, just fodder for batsmen.

As a wrist spinner you need a bit of mystery. This is what Shadab, Shah, Rashid Khan, Narine (to a lesser extent now), have. Batsmen have to worry about or pick the wrong-un. If they do not they are in trouble. Go look at the hat-trick Khan took in the IPL and you will immediately understand.

BTW: before the crap comes, I know Narine is not a leg-spinner. I'm talking about spinners that turn it both ways.

Even if the googly does not get you, by having to figure it out creates enough doubt that your strokeplay becomes indecisive, uncertain; you may be in two minds, etc. They you are either bogged down, making false strokes or getting out unless you are very good.

Bish should spend all his energies working on dat googly. It is worth its weight in gold.

Logic 2017-09-20 21:53:27 

In reply to openning

Strange. Why bring up Warrican name? He has not been in the WI set up for a while. Besides have you seen him bowl in the last few months?

Courtesy 2017-09-20 23:33:20 

In reply to Outswinger

One of the more analytical posts here on Bishoo's bowling. Great stuff...and this has nothing to do with hating Bishoo or playing the race card.

It is simply this: The more you can get batsmen guessing the more effective you are as a spin bowler. In fact, any bowler.

Once again, great stuff dat.

Norm 2017-09-21 00:49:50 

In reply to Courtesy

So, Chase, Paint, Nurse, Warrican and company should not bowl either, because they also lack a googly or other mystery ball.

Let's throw Lance Gibbs into that lot too, because he didn't have a mystery ball either. Based on Bishoo's critics, Lance was hell of lucky!

But, they are not of Indian descent.

Who cares if Bishoo has the best Test bowling record among current WI players, and probably the best ODI figures too? All that matters is that the racist-minded could find reasons to put him down.

Ultimately it is the lack of unity that is the WI biggest weakness. Bishoo's ill treatment under Jason Holder makes it as clear as day that the problem is still as bad as ever, and will probably outlive WI cricket.

Verstehen 2017-09-21 03:04:59 

STOP BLAMING BISHOO

Some of Bishoo's supporters should be like:

Link Text

lol lol

CITYBOY 2017-09-21 07:17:16 

In reply to Verstehen

HOLA..at 7.15 AM Toronto time I am predicting..Holder speech....."The boys have to step up..we did not get the job done.."
However no one gets the blame...

HOwever Holder will go on to say.."Our boys were cold and Bishoo did not bring out the hand warmers on time"...

Bishoo will never play for West Indies gain...but man he sure riled up a lot of non guyanese......
Adios
CB

azadtnt 2017-09-21 07:20:59 

I DO NOT blame Bishoo. My fingers are pointing at the selectors. What or why the hell Samuels, Bishoo and Taylor are in the ODI squad and more importantly the final eleven???
Samuels- Runs from the fast bowlers, no rotation of strike, play too low hence the pulling away of bottom hand.
Bishoo- Normally bowls at least two short of a length and wide balls per over which is NOT suited for any limited over games.
Taylor- Barely bowls at 89mph but thinks he can intimidate world class batsmen. Too many short deliveries.
Most of our players are afraid to use what is between their ears.

Larr Pullo 2017-09-21 07:55:11 

In reply to Norm

But, they are not of Indian descent.

Stupid, out of place, and unnecessary!

You of all people should know that Lance had impeccable control over line and length, flight, pace and bounce. Why do you think he used to get so many batsmen caught around the corner by Sobers?

For clues to real off-spinners in the modern game, look at Swan or Lyon...

CITYBOY 2017-09-21 08:02:27 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Hola...I agree.....no place here to suggest race...however Lance was given the opportunity to bowl and Lance loved to bowl...
Lance resided in our area for a while...and on his way home would always stop when the youngsters were playing on the street.....or in our yard...and would come and bowl....and bowl...
Different era now...Lance would cuss up this whole West Indies management set up..I know it and you know it...how pissed he was when they kept dropping and not bowling DEonarine,,whom he thought was an excellent off spinner in the making.
Adios
CB

natty_forever 2017-09-21 08:03:28 

In reply to azadtnt

Bishoo- Normally bowls at least two short of a length and wide balls per over which is NOT suited for any limited over games.
... yet has a econ rate of 4.52. Imagine if he could bowl.

Larr Pullo 2017-09-21 08:06:46 

In reply to CITYBOY

how pissed he was when they kept dropping and not bowling DEonarine

100% on that! Deonarine was a much better spinner to invest in than Bishoo, but it seems they thought he was a batsman... lol lol

conman 2017-09-21 08:36:53 

In reply to natty_forever

so you're saying that he DOES have supreme control over his line and length
correct?

natty_forever 2017-09-21 08:41:01 

In reply to conman... no, but he not as bad as you all preaching.

CITYBOY 2017-09-21 08:46:43 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Hola..absolutely..I remember watching the call up of Deo..Lance gave him his cap..and we settled down to watch the game at GCC..a group of us along with lance was watching...man and Lance was very excited at Deo being good enough to fill the void of off spinner.
oh well....killed by Otis Gibson and friends...including BIg Bird.....what a shame..
But Deo was not strong enough mentally..threw in the towel and took to the bottle...he was rescued a few years later but it was too late.
Adios
CB

mikesiva 2017-09-21 08:48:49 

In reply to CITYBOY

Holder clearly thinks the loss in the first ODi is all down to Bishoo's fault.
cool

Larr Pullo 2017-09-21 08:55:02 

In reply to CITYBOY

Wasn't he following Sarwan and not training hard enough? smile

Runs 2017-09-21 09:02:00 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Many train hard but alas lack the talent lol

CITYBOY 2017-09-21 09:03:54 

In reply to Larr Pullo
Hola...you know Lance too..and Lance does not mince words....Lance when was employed by the sugar estates did not let up when coaching..even Basil B..these guys wanted the best for everyone that they came into contact with..and if you ears hard..you get a mouthful ...
I know in that game that Deo made his debut..Sarwan,Gayle and Lara had boycotted that game...and Sarwan turned up at GCC with flip flops....man Lance was pissed.....indicating the lack of class..I love Lance man..even in Miami he brings the same attitude to the table.
Adios
CB

conman 2017-09-21 09:04:46 

... no, but he not as bad as you all preaching.

a leg spinner without control, and doesnt take wickets, and hes not bad?

Larr Pullo 2017-09-21 09:06:45 

In reply to Runs

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. - Tim Notke

Norm 2017-09-21 09:15:59 

In reply to Larr Pullo

You of all people should know that Lance had impeccable control over line and length, flight, pace and bounce.

Sure, but he had no mystery ball. Hence, everyone asserting that Bishoo needs a mystery ball would fit your
Stupid, out of place, and unnecessary!

Why do you think he used to get so many batsmen caught around the corner by Sobers?

Because the captain showed faith in him and bowled him - appropriately. It is interesting that plain off-spinner Gibbs replaced then mystery man Sonny Ramadin. Bishoo is not a world class spinner, but he should be treated fairly when selected, or not be selected at all.

The race and insularity issues in WI cricket that keep popping up are a symptom of a greater lack of unity across the region. The wheels will come apart soon enough, and each territory will be competing in the ICC World Championship League - when funds are available.

As Guyanese say, then we will "meet wheh we going".

Runs 2017-09-21 09:18:17 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Who truly worked hard in that side? Save for Shiv? He even said how hostile the players were towards him when he wanted to train instead of going out on the town. rolleyes Like yuh forgot the Ozzie bar beatdung some got.

Larr Pullo 2017-09-21 09:19:59 

In reply to Runs

Not arguing with you. It's a disease. You know who is a hard working cricketer? Devon Smith!

Runs 2017-09-21 09:22:50 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I do not doubt that, he is always in tip top shape. It is a pity he could not dominate internationally as he did in local cricket.

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-21 10:09:24 

In reply to Larr Pullo & Runs

Not arguing with you. It's a disease. You know who is a hard working cricketer? Devon Smith!
Isn't he quite the exception to this "rule?"

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. - Tim Notke
Even WITH talent & HARD work... he still cannot succeed at the highest level..... Oh well...

mikesiva 2017-09-24 10:05:17 

In reply to CITYBOY

The bowling ranked according to economy rate, with the "best" first:

BOWLING
R Powell 8.0 overs 38-1 ER 4.75
D Bishoo 5.0 overs 33-0 ER 6.60
AR Nurse 8.0 overs 59-1 ER 7.37
JE Taylor 10.0 overs 75-1 ER 7.50
Holder 10.0 overs 81-2 ER 8.10
ML Cummins 9.0 overs 82-3 ER 9.11

It's disingenuous to apportion most of the blame to Bishoo, when he bowled the least number of overs, and yet four bowlers - Nurse, Taylor, Holder and Cummins - were all more expensive than him. It's time to stop looking for scapegoats, and accept that our ENTIRE bowling attack is crap!

doosra 2017-09-24 10:06:30 

Blame Bishoo

he mek the sweetness ketch orn big grin

Courtesy 2017-09-24 10:11:48 

In reply to mikesiva

...and accept that our ENTIRE bowling attack is crap!

A lil more medication and you will soon get to your full senses.

Did you consider being Bishoo's agent for future IPL?

big grin

Norm 2017-09-24 18:01:04 

In reply to Courtesy

Did you consider being Bishoo's agent for future IPL?

I see you are still busy cussin' Bishoo, while WI is getting trashed. Is this how you how plan to distract others, while Jason Holder and Bajan-dominated WICB continue to fail miserably?

Courtesy 2017-09-24 18:07:38 

In reply to Norm

Nope. But Bishoo is just the most decorated shithound in the land of plenty - Waste Indies.

I have acknowledged above that "the ENTIRE bowling attack is crap."

But I have plenty of time to celebrate Bishoo's magnificent bowling.

Norm 2017-09-24 18:13:55 

In reply to Courtesy

Bishoo is just the most decorated shithound

Naw, Bishoo isn't the captain or a Bajan, man. He's just a token Muddie and Indian pick.

What is Jason's role as a player again? Fast bowler? Batsman?

birdseye 2017-09-24 18:23:00 

In reply to Outswinger

Look mate, Bish needs to develop a googly.
if Bishoo aint develop his googly yet - then he should more concentrate on developing a retirement plan- - his googly development window has closed - his cricket career window is fast closing.

Norm 2017-09-24 18:54:30 

In reply to birdseye

his cricket career window is fast closing.

That could be said of the entire WI team, can't it?

Except Gayle. He is still a match winner, despite having seen his best days behind him some time now.

Which other clean WI spinner around, in any format, has a googly or other mystery ball, by the way?

birdseye 2017-09-24 21:16:14 

In reply to Norm

Except Gayle. He is still a match winner, despite having seen his best days behind him some time now.
this is sad commentary – I guess Gayle is one of those commodity that is still good up to a year after its stated expiration date……WI cricket is a singularity, an incident that cannot be recreated ---- all other countries can build and rebuild their cricket teams – WI don’t seem to be one of them. Maybe the heydays was a 15 year anomaly…. Ah well guess its better to have love and lost than not to have loved at all.

confused

tc1 2017-09-24 22:00:59 

In reply to Norm

Shut your eyes and imagine Bishoo bowling to Ali today, tell me what u see.
lol lol lol lol

Norm 2017-09-24 22:27:14 

In reply to tc1

Shut your eyes and imagine Bishoo bowling to Ali today
"imagine"?

I saw the others you aren't cussing being mauled by Ali today, not Bishoo. So, open your eyes, watch the replay, and see everybody except Bishoo being mauled today. Better yet, invite friends over to watch the mauling, and then tell them how it was Bishoo's fault.

natty_forever 2017-09-24 22:32:39 

In reply to conman
... then drop them all. Or 3 for 80 good for you.

Norm 2017-09-24 22:34:50 

In reply to birdseye

all other countries can build and rebuild their cricket teams – WI don’t seem to be one of them.

Neither can we rebuild even the economically lop-sided societies left to us by England - at least not until we harness as much of our meager human and economic resources as we have. Instead we choose to differentiate - by territory, race, economic status and everything else.

Norm 2017-09-25 00:03:31 

In reply to Courtesy

Am still waiting for an answer.

Courtesy 2017-09-25 07:28:19 

In reply to Norm

As a cappo, removing Bishoo from the attack and preventing a total annihilation of our most decorated leg spinner thus prolonging his career albeit for a few more games.

And cappo Holder strategically did not bring Bishoo back on when the total carnage was taking place even though he was injury free.

In essence, cappo Holder granted Bishoo a BIG favour.

GIOP's should express mucho gratitude to cappo Holder for this very thoughtful intervention that would at the very least offer Bishoo a threadbare life line.

natty_forever 2017-09-25 07:40:59 

... pity he didn't do the same for the others.

Norm 2017-09-25 07:43:16 

In reply to Courtesy

So, what is Jason's role as a player again? Fast bowler? Batsman?

Norm 2017-09-25 07:44:36 

pity he didn't do the same for the others.

smile

or even himself!

Courtesy 2017-09-25 07:44:58 

In reply to Norm

What is Morgan's role as a player?

Isn't Morgan cappo...isn't Jason cappo? Who is the cappo?

And who has produced more for their teams...Jason or Morgan?

Be careful how you attempt to answer this?

Anyways, why am I even prolonging this agony for GIOP's...Bottom line: Davendra Bishoo is the shittiest leg spinner in world cricket today...fullstop.

This cannot be argued...so why am I wasting my time?

Goodbyeeeeeeeee.

CITYBOY 2017-09-25 07:45:12 

In reply to Courtesy

Hola...As I indicated it is my humble opinion that the ship has already sailed with regards to Bishoo...
leggies need guile,control,not necessary variety,ability to turn ball,a helpful wicket and a supportive captain .
Its unclear if Bishoo would had been mauled by Ali..he did not bowl to him..so that's anyone'guess.
West Indies needs to stop the process of grooming bowlers...which one who was groomed went on to be a real threat?
What we need to do is find those raw talent...men/boys who clocking 140-150 kph consistently..with every delivery and throw them in the mix..tell them to bowl straight and fast..bowl to ribs...yes bowl to ribs...break some bats...thats what we need..what we have are bowlers barely faster than Bishoo and a coach (is it Sebatian is his name?)..who cannot coach anything...
Take care
ADIOS
CB

Norm 2017-09-25 07:48:29 

In reply to CITYBOY

what we have are bowlers barely faster than Bishoo

smile

Are you sure about that?

natty_forever 2017-09-25 07:56:34 

In reply to Courtesy... but, is Bishoo the only "shittiest". That would lend some perspective to your criticism.

big grin

CITYBOY 2017-09-25 08:30:41 

In reply to Norm

Hola....lol...boy you roughing up our speedsters...our 2 stroke speedtsters...slow and dead slow.
Adios
CB

RemainsUnknown 2017-09-25 09:59:30 

In reply to birdseye

Look mate, Bish needs to develop a googly.

if Bishoo aint develop his googly yet - then he should more concentrate on developing a retirement plan- - his googly development window has closed - his cricket career window is fast closing.

In reply to Courtesy
Bottom line: Davendra Bishoo is the shittiest leg spinner in world cricket today...fullstop.

I have to agree with both of you & Larr. I am Guyanese and love to see my home-boys do well and consequently, play for Windies, but man... the more I think of it... the more I cannot believe Bishoo still gets a chance to play for Windies.

I look at this young fella...Rashid Khan. I mean he's not from Oz, or India, or SA, or Eng... the dude is 18 years old and from Afghan... a country now trying to get their name mentioned alongside other tier 2 cricketing nations.

This 18 year old youngster has in his arsenal a variety of deliveries which bamboozle the best of them.

I do care about the other shithound-bowlers in the team, but this is NOT about them... start another thread.

[b]This is about the ONLY leg-break bowler Windies has employed recently and man..... Bishoo SUCKS!!!

At this point if he hasn't developed other deliveries, then YES, DROP HIM!!![/b]

Courtesy 2017-09-25 10:33:28 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

Brother, I am a massive fan of Shai Hope as was Alvin Isaac Kallicharran - my favourite batsman...bar none in the world.

Every West Indian cricketer must seek to develop his or her game - same for every team player in any organization.

The problem that I have with Bishoo is that CWI gave him extra coaching resources and time to help him develop his game and he has not shown not one iota of improvement in his bowling for so many years.

Bishoo continues to bowl in the same manner that he did when he started playing for West Indies. Absolutely no variety added to his skill set. In such circumstances any manager, CWI or leader worth his salt will cut his losses.

The above sentiments in no way vindicates any current member of the West Indies team. All must be assessed within a given time frame and the ship load of passengers must be rapidly dispensed with.

West Indies cricket team at the moment cannot afford freeloaders. Non-producers must seek refuge elsewhere. Standards and acceptable levels of productivity must be meet with consistency if we are to compete on the international stage.

Any good organisation provides the necessary resources for personnel development and there must be an appraisal system with a time frame for the team members to show positive results. When an employee becomes a liability to the organisation he/she must be dispensed with. There should be no exception to this rule be it Shai Hope or Davendra Bishoo.

If West Indies cricket team has any chance of succeeding again then mgt principles must be applied without fail.

All a dem in the team must reflect and assess their own level of contribution to the team.

When diminishing return rears its ugly head in our cricket, then it's time to give another deserving yuteman a chance too.

We are way too tolerant of mediocrity and lack of productivity.

CITYBOY 2017-09-25 10:52:58 

In reply to Courtesy

HOLA..100 percent correct...cut and run and bring in some new talent through....but do not restrict to 1 or 2 players...it must be done en masse...then and only then will it be viewed as equitable and not subject to bias or criticism.
Bro, Alvin Isaac was a totally different individual..the man sport hard..me and him oh boy...I can tell you stories when he came down from Berbice and started at GCC and was at RM WIGHT...he ,me and Muni..oh boy..
anyway when he hit a cricket ground..it dont matter what level of cricket it was...he was serious to hell...even in bumper ball...different buddy...no comparison to present day cricketers...
we the cricketers of yester years..notice I said we....may monkey around a lot but on the ball field...different story...you did not want to be the dunce in the class..
tantalise ,ribbing and the butt of jokes..made you strive for better...besides when you fail you have to cough of and buy the drinks...a lot of men on this WEST Indies team would be poor by now.
ADIOS
CB

Courtesy 2017-09-25 10:58:34 

In reply to CITYBOY

Thank you Basil Butcher.

big grin

CITYBOY 2017-09-25 11:15:15 

In reply to Courtesy

HOla...lol...boy big BB is a big man to us..and he was in McKenzie...way up the demerara river...
but BB did not mince words...we went up to Mckenzie playing some under 19 tournament and BB was in charge of hosting etc..which meant feeding ,lodging etc..
we had a few boys on the team who were hindus and did not eat beef..BB told them and without a smile or smirk""if you want to play this game you got to eat beef"..That man was something else..of course he was joking.
Take care...
ADIOS
CB

Courtesy 2017-09-25 11:18:47 

In reply to CITYBOY

Thanks again for these anecdotes...they make interesting reading.

CITYBOY 2017-09-25 11:41:10 

In reply to Courtesy
Hola...too much story brother...been around cricketers a whole lot...and it was and still lots of fun...jokes galore even up today when we hook up
Take care
ADIOS
CB

Norm 2017-09-25 14:06:28 

In reply to Courtesy
You still can't answer the question, can you?

What is Jason's role in the WI team? Fast bowler? Batsman?

At least you recognize Bishoo's role.

Norm 2017-09-25 14:16:42 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

I have no problem with Bishoo or any other player being dropped - for any reason - because the team is losing all the time.

I do have a problem with any player being selected and not shown respect by the captain. It is worse when it is done time and again and even more so in losing situations.

This Bishoo case under Jason Holder is not about cricket ability. It is about bigotry and racism.

It is also about some on this board attempting to distract attention from the failings of Jason Holder as a captain.

Courtesy 2017-09-25 14:51:01 

In reply to Norm

That question is so dumb...you think I waste time on shit.

Let me help you out a lil...any jackass would know that once you are a member of a team you will obviously have a role or roles to play...forget about his leadership role. No one should ever have to explain this to anyone here or answer such a dumb question.

The question you should be asking is: whether he is fulfilling any of the roles with any degree of satisfaction?

So because Morgan is not performing it means he has no role.

You asked for it.

That's how I treat dumbasses.

Goodbye and good day.

openning 2017-09-25 19:44:07 

In reply to CITYBOY

STOP BLAMING BISHOO

Who is blaming Bishoo?
Saying that he is one dimensional, and wanting him to have more variety in his bowling, is what every fan of the player should want, for him.

CITYBOY 2017-09-25 20:06:03 

In reply to openning

Hola...follow the entire conversation...just not the headline....
Take care
Adios
CB

Norm 2017-09-25 23:35:13 

In reply to Courtesy

That's how I treat dumbasses.

Hahaha! Man, you remind me of a lil boy in school who used to cry when he couldn't answer a question. Teacher used to say, "Try, nuh, pickney. Try, nuh!"

So, when are going dig up enough cojones to tell me what playing role Jason has in the WI team. Is he a fast bowler? A batsman?

Norm 2017-09-25 23:40:59 

In reply to openning

Saying that he is one dimensional

Like Nurse, or Jason? Or, do these Bajan bowlers have some sort of variety?

Wait, you shouldn't look at that. They are Bajans - not an Indian Muddie.

Come to think of it, which legal spinner in WI cricket has variety?

Norm 2017-09-25 23:42:06 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Btw, you love Devon Smith. Did you ever stop to think that Bishoo is almost as good a Test batsman as he ever amounted to?

Courtesy 2017-09-26 07:41:52 

In reply to Norm

Someone asking about what role does Jason Holder have on the team posted this:

Let me have my first hearty laugh of the day.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Wait, you shouldn't look at that. They are Bajans - not an Indian Muddie.

Come to think of it, which legal spinner in WI cricket has variety?

The next part of your post is what we refer to as, the fallacy of Ignoratio elenchi, where you seek to claim that your argument supports a particular conclusion when in actuality and logically has nothing to do with that conclusion.

Premise: West Indian spinners have no variety.
Conclusion: therefore Davendra Bishoo should have no variety.

Have a great learning day.

CITYBOY 2017-09-26 07:55:55 

In reply to Courtesy

Hola...et al.. When someone on the team does good all of us immediately fly the flag of their birth and do "AH TOLD YOU SO"....is'nt that so?
All I know when one of my countryman stink up the joint I gone..I immediately jump country loyalty and become an honorary Venezuelan....
All you could fight..I am off to see Maduro so we can fix the Dotard BUM up..
Adios
CB

Courtesy 2017-09-26 08:04:50 

In reply to CITYBOY

Hola...et al.. When someone on the team does good all of us immediately fly the flag of their birth and do "AH TOLD YOU SO"....is'nt that so?

Like some folks here who initially pilloried Shai Hope not recognizing his abundance of talent and are now flying his bajan flag high.

lol lol lol

...All I know when one of my countryman stink up the joint I gone..I immediately jump country loyalty and become an honorary Venezuelan...

Can I seek some clarification from you?...which one of your countrymen is stinking up the joint, is it "Norman is that you" or Davendra Bishoo?

big grin

CITYBOY 2017-09-26 08:16:10 

In reply to Courtesy

Hola....Brother I declared before WI went to England that the best 2 batsmen on the team are..KB and Shai..and I will stick with that..
KB should be anchoring the ODI opening slot...the coaches knows donkey doodles about this ODI game...
ODI 50 over plan should be get to 80 runs in 20 overs.then get another 50 in the next 10..and then 60 in the next 10 and whatever in the last 10..that will always take you to 300...but nah..them coach want 300 in the first 10...unless KB is played in the ODI mox we aint going no where..I do not care that Evin and Gayle can beat leather..we want wickets intact for a massive assault.
Shai and Kb the 2 best right now.
Adios
CB

Courtesy 2017-09-26 08:18:19 

In reply to CITYBOY

Thanks, did you see the second half of my post?

big grin

CITYBOY 2017-09-26 08:37:41 

In reply to Courtesy

Hola...too early in the morning to get mehself in trouble..Norm is nice peeeeeeple...
meh kuntryman Samueals stinking up the joint..Bishoo outbatting him...so its not Bishoo....LOL..
Adios
CB

Courtesy 2017-09-26 08:41:24 

In reply to CITYBOY

meh kuntryman Samueals stinking up the joint..Bishoo outbatting him...so its not Bishoo....LOL..

Got you loud and clear.

By logical inference...Bishoo is stinking up the joint and GIOP Norm is a "see no evil" defender of the shithound.

Thank you and walk good.

openning 2017-09-26 10:48:12 

In reply to Norm

Dude, I was cussed last year at a local game, that Nurse was playing in, and I wrote about that numerous times.
I am an independent posters, not one who represents, every Barbadian cricketer.
I've written about Warrican, Sammy, Ryan Hinds, Dwayne Smith, Net-bowler Fidel Edwards.

Way were your post, when I spoke about Chandrika, Beaton and Johnson?

Norm 2017-09-26 11:14:57 

In reply to Courtesy
Man, you mastered the art of talking plenty but saying nothing.

WI still getting a sound cut ass under Jason, who essentially presents the same problem as Sammy. He cannot earn his spot on merit.

So, to distract from this Bajan's miserable failures, you pick on poor Bishoo! Ah, well.

As a Muddie, at least I can celebrate winning the regional first class championship. I wish the WI and Bajan teams could win something.

Courtesy 2017-09-26 11:18:05 

In reply to Norm

Thanks but no thanks for your diversionary tactics above...nice try...but it does not take away from the fact that Bishoo is the shittiest leg spinner in international cricket.

Pick on Bishoo?

I did not start a thread on Bishoo...however, I started one on Cummins (I picked on Cummins without any complaint from any baje)...go check it out.

Your GIOP eyes only see...

Norm 2017-09-26 11:25:57 

In reply to openning
I love posters who love to make up stuff when cornered.

No Muddie on this site ever supported Chandrika's Test pick. You did, however.

The majority of Muddies recognize that Johnson flashes too wildly outside the off stump to be a decent batsman and therefore have no problem with his exclusion from WI teams.

Beaton is a different matter. Untried at the senior level, he's quite pacy these days and it wouldn't hurt to try him. He can't be much worse than Jason and Miguel.

So, there you have it - before you get in wrong again!

openning 2017-09-26 11:37:24 

In reply to Norm

No Muddie

Are you representing muddies, or are you a fan of West Indies cricket?
Became I am Bajan, you had to insert Nurse and Holder, as though, I am they spokesman.

Courtesy 2017-09-26 11:47:38 

In reply to openning

No Muddie

For the record:

A muddie and a half - Larr and Devin were quite willing and supportive of giving Chandrika an opportunity at test level.

big grin

Larr Pullo 2017-09-26 18:35:21 

In reply to Courtesy

Me??? You mussy mad!!! Chandrika who NEVER score a ton at the point when he made his debut??? You had to have bounced your head!!!

Larr Pullo 2017-09-26 18:36:20 

In reply to Norm

WI still getting a sound cut ass under Jason, who essentially presents the same problem as Sammy. He cannot earn his spot on merit.

An absolutely idiotic assertion!!!

Courtesy 2017-09-26 18:37:55 

In reply to Larr Pullo

smuggler 5/30/15 2:56:00 PM

They drop Shiv and pick Chandrika? Seriously ?
Lloyd is senile. I'm convinced. He needs to be sent packing.
Chandrika? I would like Lloyd to explain to the people of the West Indies on what basis is Chandrika selected to the team.

Larr Pullo 5/30/15 3:06:58 PM

In reply to smuggler

He's already picked and can't be unpicked. Give him a chance and see what happens.

Larr Pullo 2017-09-26 18:45:03 

In reply to Courtesy

Does that sound like a ringing endorsement, or even support?

Courtesy 2017-09-26 18:46:49 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Courtesy:

...quite willing and supportive of giving Chandrika an opportunity at test level.

Larr Pullo 2017-09-26 19:01:23 

In reply to Courtesy

"He's already picked and can't be unpicked..."

Courtesy 2017-09-26 19:23:04 

In reply to Larr Pullo

He's already picked and can't be unpicked...

I totally agree. Based on this, I was quite willing and supportive of giving him a chance and see what happens too.

CITYBOY 2017-09-26 20:11:58 

In reply to Courtesy

HOla...et al...Bishoo bowling real sweet...I concur...the man just scored 100...a Bishoo post getting 100...man thats some serious licks(lol).

All you leave we Guyaneez alone...we does cuss each other about race and politiks,,,but thats we business...and then we does hug up and drink up together...but dat dont mean all you islanders could get in we bizniz..okkkkk.
walk good mates..
raise your hat Bishoo...another 100 fer you.
Adios
CB

Norm 2017-09-27 03:27:14 

In reply to Larr Pullo

An absolutely idiotic assertion!!!

That would be you asserting that Devon Smith deserves a place in the WI team.

I have had enough of your racism and moronic assertions. Be warned.

Team up with Courtesy. You will need someone to commiserate with.

Norm 2017-09-27 03:33:26 

In reply to CITYBOY

All you leave we Guyaneez alone..

smile
No middle ground here, CityBoy. Yo will come to see that soon enough.

Larr Pullo 2017-09-27 04:59:33 

In reply to Norm

I have had enough of your racism and moronic assertions. Be warned.

Now I'm really quaking in my boots!

Babylon 2017-09-27 06:05:55 

In reply to Norm

In reply to Larr Pullo

I have had enough of your racism and moronic assertions.

Bwoi Norm u ah just now figure out this Burnamite racist Larr Pullo?

Courtesy 2017-09-27 06:34:30 

In reply to Norm

...I have had enough of your racism and moronic assertions. Be warned...

AA!!! Mister has become so unhinged he has now resorted to threatening posters.

Mister, in very banal and ordinary terms you have to be considered a jackass for threatening persons on an MB.

You were doing well debating Pelon et al in the Back Room. I suggest you return to what you do best, and that is, - making a fool, contradicting and attempting to worm yourself out of sticky situations in the Back Room.

Btw, are you going to consider threatening Pelon et al too for blaspheming your God?

lol lol lol

CITYBOY 2017-09-27 07:27:11 

In reply to Norm

Hola..I understand the way some posters display their emotions and thinking...and some views are their views and thus biased....but I doubt that they can be considered RACISTS or whatever....Larr just poking you and you taking him on....
yeah some posters can get under your skin but take it easy..I know there really is no middle ground when posting..
I was a Burnhamite for a while and i am brown,,,does that make me a racist?

Take care and lets root for the Bagan bowling to go for centuries this time..so Bishoo can have company..oh rats I am being a moron..
Adios
CB

Larr Pullo 2017-09-27 11:02:59 

In reply to Norm

While you still all up in yuh feelings over NoGooglyShoo, let me take this monet to remind you that YUH TALKING UTTER SKUNT!!!!

Norm 2017-09-27 13:25:03 

In reply to Courtesy
I see that Back Room discussion is well above your head. As usual, nothing of substance from you - either here or there.

Your specialty, it seems.

Norm 2017-09-27 13:30:24 

In reply to CITYBOY

Of course not. I am not against anyone who supports any particular politics, religion, etc. Self-centered bigots who can't shut up is a different matter tho!

Norm 2017-09-27 13:36:19 

In reply to Larr Pullo
Bishoo dropped - finally. Not a problem. Better that than being ill-treated openly by Jason.

WI 350+, Eng in hot pursuit at about 140 off 20 overs. Miguel already going at 8+ an over. Great chance for Jason to show his worth as cappo and the worth of his team.

Talk then.

Norm 2017-09-27 14:29:51 

In reply to Babylon
Nuff time to make up. I'll deal with the racist loud mouth skunt!

Courtesy 2017-09-27 14:31:39 

In reply to Norm

Nuff time to make up. I'll deal with the racist loud mouth skunt!

Shut up you skunt. People don't play badjohn on an MB. It's jackassary to say the least.

lol lol lol

Norm 2017-09-27 14:36:32 

In reply to Courtesy

Jason losing it in Eng. Will love to see your explanation. Ask Larr for help.

Courtesy 2017-09-27 14:37:27 

In reply to Norm
Shut your skunt...you "racist crier."

Allyuh duz only support Indians on de team.

lol lol lol

ray 2017-09-27 14:38:03 

In reply to Norm

Jason like some of his supporters, is stupid

ray 2017-09-27 14:39:39 

anyway...typical crap not being aware of DL....no surprise

Norm 2017-09-27 14:40:48 

In reply to ray
Hahaha! True, that!

Runs 2017-09-27 14:42:05 

In reply to Norm

You are in top form bro, batting like a star lol

Norm 2017-09-27 14:43:03 

In reply to Courtesy
Stung your arse, didn't it?

Am waiting for your partner's explanation now!

imusic 2017-09-27 14:45:23 

Is Bishoo fault today? cool

Norm 2017-09-27 14:45:51 

In reply to Runs

Man, it's a role I hate to play, but these two skunts only carrying on and on about Bishoo, as if he was the reason WI was losing, and with all the associated racist
innuendo.

mikesiva 2017-09-27 14:47:45 

In reply to imusic

lol

Runs 2017-09-27 14:48:35 

In reply to Norm

Yep, long known knowns, good to see you put them in their respective corners.

Courtesy 2017-09-27 14:48:59 

In reply to imusic

Lemme engage you for once...Who replaced Bishoo and did the replacement fulfill his role adequately?

mikesiva 2017-09-27 15:13:03 

In reply to Courtesy

Now we don't have Bishoo the convenient scapegoat to blame today who is at fault for the crap pace bowling we saw today?

cool
The reality is that with or without Bishoo our bowling attack is crap. The four prong pace attack don't become world beaters just because you drop Bishoo.

Let me kick off the discussion.

Cummins bowls too many four balls for limited overs cricket. When Bishoo did it he was slated. When Cummins does it i hear deathly silence from some quarters.

These guys were more expensive than Bishoo last match. They were expensive today.

Narper 2017-09-27 15:13:45 

In reply to Norm

Bhai you playing an innings like Evin Lewis on this thread

You sharing serious licks

The one with the nuff smileys after each post has nuisance value only

They very quick to attach the racist title as they continue to race bait

I busy these days otherwise I would hold the other end while you blast
big grin big grin big grin

Courtesy 2017-09-27 15:15:52 

In reply to mikesiva

When allyuh realize we are still a team that sucks, allyuh will not raise your BPs.

This team will give you the occasional good performance but in the main, the team is sadly lacking in quality personnel.

The team can only be built slowly from here...our cupboards are bare.

Espoir zot say espoir mal papaye.

Courtesy 2017-09-27 15:17:54 

In reply to Narper

Pedestal, shut your orifice and control your wagon.

Norm cannot even give his small finger licks.

big grin

natty_forever 2017-09-27 15:20:21 

In reply to Courtesy... management on the field cost us this game.

CITYBOY 2017-09-27 15:38:39 

Hola...it done..time to return to WI after Friday game...hopefully management erase some of the players phone numbers and addresses.....really cannot see more than 5 players being retained....
Bishoo must be retained....every team needs a scapegoat..and besides I think he handles the towels and refreshments very well...and he keep tne conversation on this board very hot..and heated..a true replacement for Shiv.
It does not matter who we play and who plays for us...winning seems to be a thing of the past...
Np more rebuilding talk....just play some fellas who can bat,bowl and field...
Take care
Adios
CB

WestDem 2017-09-27 15:43:28 

In reply to CITYBOY

Man you probably the happiest man on this MB....I like how you needle you one off post to rile up de rare species!!! Keep going! lol lol lol lol lol

Kay 2017-09-27 16:06:56 

In reply to Norm

Kudos ...I see you really hurting peeps smile

CITYBOY 2017-09-27 16:24:20 

In reply to WestDem

Hola....This board gets riled up for the tiniest of things.....and when it does man nastiness to the fore..make the Dotard Bum look like a clergy..
Anyway as you say ..sit back,relax ..get the popcorn and watch the proceedings.
Adios
CB

Babylon 2017-09-28 05:51:47 

In reply to Norm
Time to pick Norm fe next match. The man batting like Sobers. Not a bumbaclaat man move shots.
Larr over-race? none for height hundred.

Larr Pullo 2017-09-28 06:31:22 

In reply to imusic

Is Bishoo fault today?

Of course it is! And, it also the fault of that other shite bowler Taylor!!

Either of them in a WI bowling lineup and any chances of a WI victory is suspect!!!

CITYBOY 2017-10-03 20:04:18 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Hola..totally new and revamped...the googly man get a wuk...start the blame now...before its too late to get in on the action.
Adios
CB

Larr Pullo 2017-10-04 06:25:57 

In reply to CITYBOY

If he can't dominate the Zimbo's then he prappa wutless!!!

CITYBOY 2017-10-04 07:18:08 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Hola...Not wutless...useless...but he getting good training to be a cabin attendant on a cruise ship...keeping a good supply of towels and replacing the bottle of water..in England too much fish and chip bogged him down...he better stick to foo foo in Zim and dont try no fancy food...actually I think based on the population make up of Zim he can lay his hands on some Zebra curry and roti...
I already email Mugabe that if Bishoo dont perform then they own him...Berbice dont want him back....Mugabe seh dem dont tek leff leff..so we may have to send him to Germany to you.
Adios
CB

natty_forever 2017-10-04 07:26:53 

In reply to CITYBOY

lol lol lol

natty_forever 2017-10-04 15:59:30 

Top Wicket Takers
Nov'16 to Oct'17
Test

ST Gabriel, Right-arm fast-medium
Innings 16
Average 28.15

D Bishoo, Legbreak
Innings 14
Average 32.36

JO Holder, Right-arm medium-fast
Innings 17
Average 27.25

tc1 2017-10-04 17:19:29 

[b]In reply to Babylon[/b

man never saw Sobers bat, Norm batting like Lance or Walsh

lol lol

CITYBOY 2017-10-04 20:31:30 

Hola...just got back from Berbice...saw Bishoo eating roti and curry with knife and fork...when ah ask what gives??...the man replay.."dont want to damage meh googly fingers"
The man in heavy training bfriends..
Adios
CB

doosra 2017-10-22 08:14:52 

In reply to CITYBOY

stop blaming for a day?

CITYBOY 2017-10-22 08:30:59 

Hola....the man not fetching towel on this tour...they want to get rid of him ..so they play and bowl him...man have another idea..imagine Holder trying but the Berbician not going no where....
However we will lose this test and series and I will Bishoo will have to be blamed..
Adios
CB

CITYBOY 2017-10-24 09:24:48 

hola.....Bishoo koolaid selling cheap...he gon throw in some bara and pholurie....who say no variety to the man.
Adios
CB

doosra 2017-11-01 09:56:22