The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CWI we are in need of ...

natty_forever 2017-09-21 08:45:37 

... academies in every territory pronto! Talent getting lost between U19 and FC. Also those coming through need work.

Have to also send a good bowling coach to teach these fast bowlers the basics of fast bowling.
... source seaegg99

CITYBOY 2017-09-21 08:56:00 

In reply to natty_forever

HOLA...I am not a golfer..hate the game..but I do go ever so often to hit some balls at a facility...the golf pro constantly tells the others to look at me as it would appear that my strokes etc are very fluent...anyway the golfers ask me why I am so good...and my response is always..'You guys want to be golfers.I just want to have fun"..
So I believe if our players ..potential..are first taught the joys and rewards of great satisfaction derived from the game..it would propel them to do better...
Our boys are over coached ..and our boys dont like that.
Adios
CB

natty_forever 2017-09-21 08:59:16 

In reply to CITYBOY... well there will be problems like what we are now experiencing ... those who want to be coached will benefit.

anthonyp 2017-09-21 09:02:32 

Guyana got something like an academy.. about 5 coaches working with the guys four days per week.. and on weekends they play club/league cricket..

About six guys who played the regional U19 this year got Academy contracts couple weeks ago.. around 30 guys in the setup..

Larr Pullo 2017-09-21 09:10:39 

Y'all realize that forking Hurricane's destroying the Caribbean and alyuh worried about forking academy?!?!

openning 2017-09-21 09:56:07 

In reply to CITYBOY

HOLA...I am not a golfer..hate the game..but I do go ever so often to hit some balls at a facility...the golf pro constantly tells the others to look at me as it would appear that my strokes etc are very fluent...anyway the golfers ask me why I am so good...and my response is always..'You guys want to be golfers.I just want to have fun"..
So I believe if our players ..potential..are first taught the joys and rewards of great satisfaction derived from the game..it would propel them to do better...
Our boys are over coached ..and our boys dont like that.

Your analogy is fault.
Hitting balls on range, is so different from being on the course
The golf teachers, and teaching facilities carry a table, with them, I have the video of my first lesson, my son and I.
I watched young children during the summer, and see how they swing changed, and none of their teachers want them to swing like Tiger Woods.
As I watched the young batsman in the region, they all seem to be coached from the same book, making them not individuals

natty_forever 2017-09-21 10:07:09 

In reply to Larr Pullo... that's because we are not a drama queen like you. What me posting here can do, I am doing that away from here.