The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Coach Law calls for 'settled team' before WC qualifier

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-09-22 06:59:00 

The five-match ODI series against England didn't start off on the best of notes for the Windies after they lost in Manchester by seven wickets. What that defeat did was it pushed the Windies into the 10-team World Cup Qualifier to be played in 2018, from which only the top two would go on to complete a 10-team lineup at the 2019 mega event in England. On the cut-off date of September 30 Windies were stuck on 78 points, adrift of Sri Lanka by eight points, with the remainder of England ODIs not going to change their fate as far as direct qualification was concerned.

However, in uninspiring times as these, Windies coach Stuart Law called on his boys to use the three ODIs against England, and three against New Zealand at the year end, to prove that they deserve to be a part of the 2019 World Cup to be played in England. After the second ODI at Trent Bridge on Thursday (September 21) was washed out, Law spoke about the need to iron out the woes in their team and travel with a settled unit for the qualifiers in Zimbabwe early next year.

read more at cricbuzz

Full Story

thefacts 2017-09-22 09:02:21 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Coach Law just reaffirmed what i said in another post.. EPIC.

CITYBOY 2017-09-22 09:07:39 

Hola....Coach Law just back up a bit...what team and whom do you want on this team? You guys keep focusing on qualifier...thats short term thinking....you need to concentrate on a solid building base now...which means dumping Holder and selector Browne to the boondocks...
as long as WI is Bage influenced you will not be able to build..
Adios
CB

Narper 2017-09-22 09:38:10 

I would like to see strokemakers like Blackwood and Hetmyer in the mix

Star 2017-09-22 09:50:20 

In reply to Narper

I would like to see strokemakers like Blackwood and Hetmyer in the mix

No need to worry.

CITYBOY 2017-09-22 10:31:06 

In reply to Narper

Hola...we need to light a bit of fire under CWI adsmin bam bam..we got to be vocal so as to move away from Bage biasness...we cannot settle anymore for mediocracy..and the Bage as full of that except for a few players..

Dem dontlike Hety nor Blackie as these guys are stroke players and all the Bage producing is pokie pokie anti cricketers..

Dump Courtney and Holder now..
Adios
CB

natty_forever 2017-09-22 10:58:43 

... is this the beginning of the end for Coach Law, most coaches are put in their place for speaking out. Or is just the locals?

thefacts 2017-09-22 11:08:57 

In reply to natty_forever

Beginning of the End.

The script could be... Browne sticks with Jason Cappo and other BOOT LICKERS.

Then WI fail to make it to the WC.

and Coach Law will be FIRED as a scapegoat.

End of Script.

Atl_View 2017-09-22 11:23:28 

In reply to CITYBOY

big grin big grin big grin It's Friday. Go easy on them !!!!

CITYBOY 2017-09-22 11:55:04 

In reply to Atl_View

Hola....absolutely..its FRIED DAY for them..we finishing this this nonsense..we cannot rebuild with Courtney Browne nor his associates and his home picks....he must be banished..period .

FRIED DAY is here.
Adios
CB

openning 2017-09-22 14:30:47 

In reply to CITYBOY

You must be living under a dictatorship, where one man decides the outcome.
Are you telling the world, CB selects the team, and JH make every decision after?

CITYBOY 2017-09-22 15:53:57 

In reply to openning

Hola..Browne is CEO of selectors...and that position calls for ultimate power.....no compromise...we may like to think that selection is democratic etc...but if you are the head of the selection committee you are the ultimate big man ..period.
Browne is responsible for thew mess we are in...the mess we are about to get into...and the mess that we cannot come out of....he needs to go....and take some bage with him..hopefully Holder.
Adios
CB

WestDem 2017-09-22 15:59:19 

In reply to CITYBOY

Hola....absolutely..its FRIED DAY for them..we finishing this this nonsense..we cannot rebuild with Courtney Browne nor his associates and his home picks....he must be banished..period .

Are you who I think you are? Handle changes don't hide certain things you know, aite? You have one for Pro WI players and one Pro WI?
lol lol

openning 2017-09-22 16:00:03 

In reply to CITYBOY

Did you had the same views of the COS, when Clive and others were COS?

imusic 2017-09-22 16:03:54 

In reply to openning

Fly yuh trident high and proud bruh. Yuh clonin tc1 and fuzzy dese days lol

CITYBOY 2017-09-22 16:05:31 

In reply to openning

Hola...told him to his face that he is responsible for the demise...even though he laughs it off.
Adios
CB

CITYBOY 2017-09-22 16:06:23 

In reply to WestDem

Hola...Not who you think....I am from West Bank...so I can be called WestB
Adios
CB

openning 2017-09-22 16:07:22 

In reply to imusic
tc1 will be first one to cuss me, he is on my case, for chosing Johnson, over the privilege one.

lol lol

WestDem 2017-09-22 16:13:17 

In reply to CITYBOY

Hola...Not who you think....I am from West Bank...so I can be called WestB

There you go again....where in WBank? lol lol lol

Don't facking google!

CITYBOY 2017-09-22 20:46:23 

In reply to WestDem

Hola..Ok Westdem..I am originally from Dem Amstel..but I move to Versaiiles and played some cricket up at Wales....I played at Leonora and Ci..
things coming through now..and all without Google..
and I used to hang sometimes at Ocean vIew,Uitvlight.
And then I went up to Canada and played some cricket in Scarborough..enough now..
take care.
Adios
CB