The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The crucial mistake of Christianity started here

black 2017-09-25 10:18:17 

Were these people qualified enough to verify the existence of God in Jesus Christ?

This article appears to support that argument, but the question remains.

Why would the creator allow himself to be brutalized by peasants? The debate continues....

Lemme get this straight, by displaying weakness, he displayed strength?

SnoopDog 2017-09-25 10:25:15 

In reply to black

Such silly questions. The whole thing is based on faith.

Unless of course that the whole thing is so incredulous, even to the faithful, that they need independent scientific verification of their batshyte beliefs. big grin

black 2017-09-25 10:30:07 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol lol lol

Damn, don't debunk it right away.

black 2017-09-25 11:46:43 

In reply to SnoopDog

The whole thing is pretty bizarre.

That would be like me getting knocked out in a fight, then turn around and claim victory. lol

Jesus got his arse kicked by peasants, then his followers proclaimed him, God.

SnoopDog 2017-09-25 12:13:34 

In reply to black

Jesus got his arse kicked by peasants, then his followers proclaimed him, God.

Jesus (assuming he ever existed) was a Jew. big grin

bravos 2017-09-25 12:21:47 

In reply to black snoop

Allyuh go kiiiiill dem!

Behave..smile

SnoopDog 2017-09-25 12:49:34 

In reply to bravos

As I have always said. If the parties of god keep their religious beliefs to themselves and within the confines and privacy of their own homes then I wouldn't give two shytes about their religion and beliefs.

But as it is and always has been, they are not content with that. Since time immemorial religious zealots have sought to impose their batshyte beliefs on everyone else - most often by the sword.

So no. I ain't guh behave. big grin

Runs 2017-09-25 13:02:07 

In reply to SnoopDog

I do find that evangelical stuff alarming indeed.

nitro 2017-09-25 13:08:06 

Funny how people are obedient to the creator until they think they 'reach'.

SnoopDog 2017-09-25 13:13:05 

In reply to nitro

Funny how people are obedient to the creator until they think they 'reach'

Well since you created your own creator you're obedient to the figment of your own imagination. big grin

bravos 2017-09-25 13:16:36 

In reply to nitro

What is being obedient to the creator?

I've never been more patient,appreciative,selfless,humble,humane,charitable,caring,forgiving or righteous in my life as I am today..

And that's after I blocked out the indoctrination,my first exposure to the ideas of segregation,tribalism,isolation,violence, wickedness,Jealousy,eternal bitterness,totalitarian ideals and genocide etc as a child was in church listening to gospels...

No substance in your comment,it's like Kraft Lite.

black 2017-09-25 13:26:54 

In reply to SnoopDog

Well since you created your own creator you're obedient to the figment of your own imagination.

lol lol lol

bravos 2017-09-25 13:31:11 

In reply to black

lol lol lol lol

Oh no here we go again...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nitro 2017-09-25 15:19:57 

In reply to bravos

Where did you learn that muder is wrong?
Do you honor your mother and father?
Do you feel guilty when you commit adultery?
Do you steal?
Do you tell lies on people?
Do you covet Chrissy for her Toyota Corrolla or her dozen white fowls?

bravos 2017-09-25 15:28:49 

In reply to nitro

All those things are innately human,even dogs and animals are open to love and kindness,it's all about exposure and upbringing it is only religion that actually separates and labels people,creates a state of distrust and extremism,and it is only in the name of religious ideals that murder,pillage,genocide and extremism is accepted,something that the church was built on.

All those basic teachings were around before today's religions,man clawed his way to civilization.

Where did the billions of Indians and Chinese learn murder is wrong and all of the above? Sunday School?

Your religious beliefs holds no monopoly on righteousness empathy or love and has actually facilitated the opposite over and over in the name of man made deities.

Like I said before,Light..

Byeeeee now..

SnoopDog 2017-09-25 15:33:45 

In reply to nitro

Do you steal?

Certainly not from religion and most definitely not from Christianity. big grin

conman 2017-09-25 15:35:51 

In reply to nitro

Do you steal?
Do you covet Chrissy for her Toyota Corrolla or her dozen white fowls?

do you believe that people did these things before a few jews said not to do them?

sgtdjones 2017-09-25 15:36:08 

In reply to SnoopDog

Dem Trini gals say, dem ones with ya BMW ?

In ya moment of weakness

Ya da yell out...... Oh God Oh God!!!!

Wha dat mean snoopy ?

razz razz razz razz

bravos 2017-09-25 16:35:35 

For those who wish to be further enlightened..

Norm 2017-09-26 00:48:56 

In reply to black

This article appears to support that argument

Man, you certainly spend a lot of time reading about God, Jesus, and stuff like that. Are you a confused Bible believer looking for answers?

Norm 2017-09-26 01:01:33 

In reply to black

Jesus got his arse kicked by peasants

This is why you cannot put together an effective argument against bible thumpers. You cannot get simple facts straight. Jesus was respectful to common people but an enemy to the Hebrew establishment, which had by then become the thieving Bible thumpers you despise. It was the Hebrew priests that convinced the Roman governor to put Jesus to death.

At least, try to understand the subject before stinking up the place.

nitro 2017-09-26 06:24:00 

In reply to conman

I have not studied other religions. I would not be surprised if other religions speak of a supreme creator with similar values.

black 2017-09-26 08:16:28 

In reply to Norm

This is why you cannot put together an effective argument against bible thumpers. You cannot get simple facts straight. Jesus was respectful to common people but an enemy to the Hebrew establishment, which had by then become the thieving Bible thumpers you despise. It was the Hebrew priests that convinced the Roman governor to put Jesus to death

It does not matter, the fact remains, he was put to death by ordinary folks.

You still didn't answer my question. How did these folks know that Jesus was the reincarnation of God? Wouldn't they have to know God to make that comparison?

My understanding is that Jesus is the conduit to God, in other words, we have to go through Jesus to get to know God. For these people to proclaim Jesus as God, wouldn't they have to be familiar with God?

If I took 5 luxury vehicles and strip the names and logos off them and ask you to pick out the BMW, wouldn't you have to be familiar with BMWs to pick it out of the lineup?

How do we know that this is not some elaborate hoax?

black 2017-09-26 08:47:28 

In reply to Norm

By the way, the "peasant" comment was meant to highlight the ridiculousness and irony of the death of Jesus.

bravos 2017-09-26 08:55:27 

In reply to black

"Which is more probable,natural order being suspended in your favor or a Jewish girl telling a lie"

black 2017-09-26 08:59:22 

In reply to bravos

"What is more probable,natural order being suspended in your favor or a Jewish girl telling a lie"

It's either a hoax or ignorance. lol

I'm inclined to go with hoax. lol

pelon 2017-09-26 09:15:09 

In reply to black

How do we know that this is not some elaborate hoax?

It is "faith based". As we are told here often, a believer must suspend critical thinking and submit yourself to the power of the faith and "the word". Worrying about pesky facts and questioning the REALITY of Jesus is not attainable, nor does it help a person that, from birth, believed one thing.

It is a matter of faith not fact.

SIDENOTE: Horus before had similar mythology

black 2017-09-26 09:17:59 

In reply to pelon

True, but commonsense and natural curiosity should play a part.

pelon 2017-09-26 09:30:25 

In reply to black

Man, religion and logic have no place at the same table. If you can arrive at the foot of faith, many things are possible. Like talking bushes, Arks to save all... redemption... eternal life in heaven and all of dem things REAL important to people of faith.

It is a tool. Mankind has never been without worship of things he can not explain....

cave men drew stars...
Egyptians created the story of an Ark (then copied in the bible)
Christians have Jesus
Rasta have Selassie

on and on

You can't peg it with rational thought... it is faith.

Importantly, the clustering of people via faith can bring strength.... sadly this very thing also ends in feuding and WAR.

Ok... let be those that be.

bravos 2017-09-26 09:56:33 

In reply to pelon

Great contributions as always.

We agree and all we want them to do is recognize it for what it is and be humble with their faiths,I believe we're very close to achieving that.

I see a whole new set of business opportunities in a broader faith business,faith sold without the baggage of religion would be more appealing compatible and competitive,the merchandising opportunities would make the Vatican souvenir shop look like a lemonade stand. cool

nitro 2017-09-26 10:05:12 

Thankfully a number of freedom fighters drew on their relationsip with Jehovah or whatever name they called the creator.

MLK!

SnoopDog 2017-09-26 10:08:45 

In reply to pelon

You can't peg it with rational thought... it is faith.

Then why are the faithful still trying to find evidence for the existence of their saviour? big grin

SnoopDog 2017-09-26 10:16:22 

In reply to nitro

Thankfully a number of freedom fighters drew on their relationsip with Jehovah or whatever name they called the creator.

They grew strength from solidarity and kinship of the group sharing the same struggles and triumphs. It's no different than primal tribalism where survival rested on being part of a group who all shared the same struggles and overcame the elements.

bravos 2017-09-26 10:17:13 

In reply to black

It's either a hoax or ignorance. lol

It's more like having great faith in your lie... lol

bravos 2017-09-26 10:18:43 

In reply to SnoopDog

cool

black 2017-09-26 10:21:23 

In reply to SnoopDog

Then why are the faithful still trying to find evidence for the existence of their saviour?

And if their relationship with God is faith based, how can they put up factual arguments?

SnoopDog 2017-09-26 10:26:19 

In reply to black

And if their relationship with God is faith based, how can they put up factual arguments?

That's right. But the real issue is that if the whole thing is based on faith then evidence of and for the existence of Jesus Christ is irrelevant to begin with.

Evidence for or against the principles of your beliefs should be wholly irrelevant IF your beliefs are based on faith.

black 2017-09-26 10:43:57 

In reply to SnoopDog

Exactly.

bravos 2017-09-26 10:48:53 

In reply to SnoopDog

Please stop being so logical!!

pelon 2017-09-26 10:55:04 

In reply to SnoopDog

Then why are the faithful still trying to find evidence for the existence of their saviour
pesky pressure from non-believers.

SIDENOTE (Bravos??) to Free will and determinism:
Find and watch the movie "The Truman Show"... living in a bubble, until one day you break free... even as everyone around you refuses to let you have independent thought. Then one day, you set out against the odds...
....the last 10 minis of that movie outlines mankind's bubble with RELIGION.
(it is a movie that will bore you to death if you think it as a "Jim Carey Comedy" it is not...)

In the first 4 min of the move, a prop light falls from the sky.... out of nowhere... Truman takes a LONG LONG time to realize his whole life is a script as long as he plays by the rules...

breaking free from the controls programmed into your head is NOT EASY.

SnoopDog 2017-09-26 10:59:28 

In reply to pelon

pesky pressure from non-believers.

Oh come off it Bro. big grin

You and I both know it's because they read, process, and think about the same inconsistencies and contradictions in their little book of Bronze Age fairy tales that we also read. The net result - they have doubt.

Their faith is simply not enough to overcome those doubts.

pelon 2017-09-26 11:01:00 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol lol lol lol lol
though some have been COMPLETLY brain washed. Norm is not one of those, whereas his alter-ego BatQuake was.

bravos 2017-09-26 11:04:18 

In reply to pelon

lol lol lol

Norm 2017-09-26 11:45:14 

In reply to black

How can you claim to be taking the side of science but you obviously don't research your subject properly? Do you think science is based on wild proclamations against whatever is the current faith?

I personally don't believe Jesus is God, or a god, etc, but that is my interpretation of lots of studying of the matter. I respect other people's beliefs in the matter though.

FYI, Jesus was elevated to god status by the Council of Nicea, around 500 AD, which led to Islam splitting off from The Way, as Christianity's predecessor was known to its believers.

Norm 2017-09-26 11:50:45 

In reply to pelon

Nice comment about Horus. There are many parallels between ancient Greek mythology and important Bible stories. Hard heads black and bravos should look into those to find substance for their rants against Christianity.

Norm 2017-09-26 11:53:05 

In reply to SnoopDog

I see you are trying to outdo black in talking as if you know the subject. Is that why you two try to defend each other?

pelon 2017-09-26 11:54:43 

In reply to Norm

Nice comment about Horus. There are many parallels between ancient Greek mythology and important Bible stories. Hard heads black and bravos should look into those to find substance for their rants against Christianity.

Wait a minute, you accept that Horus predated Jesus and therefore the bible plagiarized parts of the story of Horus???

Remember: Horus was published hundreds of years before Jesus walked... so I just want to be clear with what you are admitting? Do you even see how you trapped yourself????

bravos 2017-09-26 12:06:14 

In reply to Norm

But christianity claims to be the one and only true religion although it has been proven that many of the stories were simply plagiarized from older writings.

We are all well aware of the ancient mythology before,and that's the point,it's all man made and it's all borrowed and therefore it's all myth,despite the few positives. I can name many songs and samples of poetry and literature that can also be inspiring and spirit lifting,minus the bloodletting labeling and segregation.

I repeat Christianity and other religious ideals hold no monopoly on morals decency and righteousness,and in many cases creates conditions to the contrary.

No one's denying they're all myths and they share some common positive attributes,but at least let us admit that they were created by man and use them as we would any other fictitious literature.

I just love it when believers become so open to rationale they are left with no choice but to shift the goalpost,almost to making the very point that they've been arguing against.

bravos 2017-09-26 12:07:29 

In reply to pelon

I was drafting that post for the last 20 min multi tasking,knew you picked up on it also..

Norm 2017-09-26 12:07:35 

In reply to pelon
Accept? I alluded to the parallels between Bible stories - the most important ones at that - and Greek mythology in one of our previous discussions some time back.

There are many more.

I don't defend anyone's book - either preacher's or scientist's. The book has to defend itself.

Ultimately tho, the unbiased will respect - unless respect is lost. Starting out with disrespect of any subject or view is just not scientific - no matter how much one claims to be a believer in science.

Norm 2017-09-26 12:18:48 

In reply to bravos
BTW, I love how all you always trying to claim I am defending some religion or the other!

I defend scientific methodology - even in its application to religious matters. You cannot criticize with any credibility unless you know your subject.

Drafting? I love doing that myself - despite being a lead engineer. It flushes out subtle issues with preliminary designs.

pelon 2017-09-26 12:19:29 

In reply to Norm

I don't defend anyone's book

Ok, so what is your basis for your god? He just popped into your head? Was it taught? Did he speak to you on a hill?
I suspect your basis of belief in God is no different to 99.9% of us in the Caribbean diaspora: YOU GREW FROM BIRTH HEARING ABOUT GOD.

Church is a central place in Caribbean Culture - to break from tradition is almost impossible - and actually, where I differ from my brother like Bravos and Snoop, is that I don't think any amount of logic can sway a faith based believer.... it has to be self discovered.

I don't defend anyone's book - either preacher's or scientist's

then 2 mins later
I defend scientific methodology

You realize you sounding confused.

bravos 2017-09-26 12:24:29 

In reply to pelon

I'll leave it to yo sir.

Regards.

pelon 2017-09-26 12:27:00 

In reply to bravos

I gine shout you soon when I pass through TNT for a couple meetings... Also planing conference in Tobago for next April. Get a spot of rum on the rocks ready.

bravos 2017-09-26 12:29:40 

In reply to pelon

Ok we will link up,we have to get da vincy on board too,suppos to meet de man over a year now..and he 10 mins away from me.. redface

Norm 2017-09-26 12:30:41 

In reply to pelon
Extend evolution and you will conclude that there must be vastly superior beings existing in the Universe - far superior to the petty gods of our religions.

I would be honored if these beings saw us on Earth as being worthy of any special attention.

bravos 2017-09-26 12:31:19 

In reply to Norm

Pelos opening yuh up like Mueller.. smile

Norm 2017-09-26 12:35:13 

In reply to pelon
OK, suit yourself. I'm confused, unlike you, black, bravos and snoopy!

I gone. Have work to do. Enjoy all you pointless cussing and spitting in the wind.

pelon 2017-09-26 12:40:49 

In reply to Norm

Extend evolution and you will conclude that there must be vastly superior beings existing in the Universe - far superior to the petty gods of our religions.
petty gods of our religions

I would be honored if these beings saw us on Earth as being worthy of any special attention.

Go take a break man, you losing all footing now. Ghost of Tolduso and BatQuake fighting each other inside you... and you spitting out both at the same time.
you know I have a healthy respect for your post... but right about now... I want to pull you outta dat spiral...

SnoopDog 2017-09-26 13:00:09 

In reply to Norm

I see you are trying to outdo black in talking as if you know the subject.

The subject is itself easy to understand.

That being said, I love how you pontificate as if you understand the subject. But you ain't fooling me Bro.

ProWI 2017-09-26 13:15:09 

Well, here is Bertrand Russell's argument as to why he was not a Christian.

I am only pointing out Russell's argument so that you can have a more intellectual basis for your own arguments. You still don't have to accept if your faith is so strong that no arguments can sway you against your beliefs - that's where faith trumps reason.

A perfect Example:

............................ But facts don't matter when faith trumps reason. Faith doesn't concern itself with evidence or factual argument. Faith doesn't care what makes sense. Faith has no interest in the advancement of science or medicine or the potential enhancement of human life through medical research.

Faith - and we are speaking here specifically of religious faith - only cares about upholding the dogma of religion. Reason has nothing to do with such concerns.

Perhaps no issue more clearly illustrates the damage done when religious faith becomes the basis for public policy than the flap over funding for stem cell research. Thoughtful people may disagree on the potential usefulness of the research. However, there can be no disagreement that the ethical concerns voiced in Bush’s veto message are bogus.

Only religious faith could claim that it is better to leave 400,000 unused frozen embryos in cryogenic storage until they are discarded than it is to make use of that resource to see whether the stem cells harvested from those embryos can be used to find therapies and possible cures for some of the most devastating illnesses suffered by human beings.

What of the "inherent dignity and matchless value" of the people who might actually be helped by the research?

It is a strange morality indeed that places greater value on 5-day-old human embryos, which will never be anything more, than on walking, talking human beings.

pelon 2017-09-26 13:40:38 

In reply to ProWI

Faith - and we are speaking here specifically of religious faith - only cares about upholding the dogma of religion.
Which is exactly what I keep saying.

black 2017-09-26 14:02:29 

In reply to pelon

Since, religion is dealing in faith, wouldn't it be a lie for anyone to say, he or she recognizes God in Jesus?

I think anyone who says he or she knows God, is either lying or delusional.

bravos 2017-09-26 14:17:21 

I can't help but see a business opportunity.

Circles for sale,come and get your circles!!

"Now you can keep going around like Norm, Nick and Co. too until you fall off"

"Come get your circles!! YOOOO-hoooo...FREE shift-able goal posts with all purchases"

Ayenomal,Powen????

"CIRCLES CIRCLES,COME GET YOUR CIRCLES"

pelon 2017-09-26 14:25:17 

In reply to black

Since, religion is dealing in faith, wouldn't it be a lie for anyone to say, he or she recognizes God in Jesus?

Slow down. opinion is not fact.

Am I lying if I see the work of heavens in Karrueche: IMAGE

I digress, but opinions of people and what they see/believe are their prerogative.

bravos 2017-09-26 14:27:25 

In reply to pelon

Heavenly indeed!

Bless..

pelon 2017-09-26 14:28:32 

In reply to bravos

Deeply spiritual.... would walk across the desert with one camel...

anyhow, we digress.

BTW: Can I order Circles direct from u or do I need to go through a local merchant... sorry: deacon.

powen001 2017-09-26 14:35:36 

In reply to Norm

ok ive seen enough.

The word speaks to Vain disputations...

so dont get dragged in.

Ignorance loves company...

When the time comes....you will not have to type or say a word...With Gods grace you will become aware of those who had an encounter...and you wont have to say a word at all.

Stand Still and KNOW...

all for now. big grin

black 2017-09-26 14:47:07 

In reply to powen001

When the time comes....you will not have to type or say a word...With Gods grace you will become aware of those who had an encounter...and you wont have to say a word at all.

That's right, you won't have to say a word, someone will dig a hole and put you in it. That will be your heaven.

Ewart 2017-09-26 15:34:48 

In reply to black

What I completely fail to understand is why you are so virulently and unendingly opposed to other people having beliefs that do not harm you and in which you personally have no interest. You do not proclaim any beliefs of your own, whether based on fact or opinion, but you are hell-bent on beating down other people's beliefs.

And I am not asking for an answer, by the way. I am simply marvelling.

//

black 2017-09-26 15:38:29 

In reply to Ewart

Maybe because every time I turn on the news someone is getting blown to bits?

Ewart 2017-09-26 15:53:05 

In reply to black

Maybe? Maybe??

That would be on the news whether there was Buddhism, Christianity Islam, Hinduism, Taoism... OR Not.

You have to come better than that.

//

np 2017-09-26 15:55:54 

In reply to pelon

... it has to be self discovered.
Words of the day!! to each his own path to self-discovery, inner well-being, and outer expressions!! Great going Brother P.

And to all others who adhere to self-discovery after being battered by religiosity in the early life - praises!! And I know that by those words 'history shall absolve me!'

black 2017-09-26 16:14:30 

In reply to Ewart

Don't stop believing

Priapus 2017-09-26 16:23:55 

In reply to pelon

Damnn. And to think that Chris Brown let this one get away. Ah well....

ProWI 2017-09-26 17:19:14 

In reply to pelon

Am I lying if I see the work of heavens in Karrueche: IMAGE

In God's own IMAGE

Now, you and any unBelievers cannot doubt there is a God. There, in his own IMAGE.

bravos 2017-09-26 18:56:58 

In reply to pelon

anyhow, we digress.

No we haven't,the way I see it,ting like dat was created for us,we have all de right equipment to maneuver dem tings sir!! twisted

BTW: Can I order Circles direct from u or do I need to go through a local merchant... sorry: deacon.

PM Norm or Nick,they've earned exclusive agency..You know I'm all about the trickle down.

Let thy brothers eat!!! cool

Norm 2017-09-27 03:53:59 

In reply to pelon

Go take a break man

True, that!

Have big stuff to figure out at work. Would like to tell bravos that I agree that religion has no monopoly on morality, etc, no matter what the religious types believe.

Snoops, "pontificate"? smile I liked that!

Will swing back in due course.

SnoopDog 2017-09-27 12:02:37 

In reply to Norm

Snoops, "pontificate"? smile I liked that!

I had a feeling your would. big grin

ProWI 2017-09-27 12:55:22 

Is is better to be a Religious or Spritual? Which are you, if any?

Religion can inform one's Spirituality; it can also be the basis of one morality.

Religion taken to the extreme can be inconsiderate, dogmatic, threatening, terrifying, unreasoning, close-minded and divisive.

Is that what God intended? For a wedge to be driven between him and his creation? Because that is what religion, at its extreme does, since it is of man and not of God.

SnoopDog 2017-09-27 13:03:57 

In reply to ProWI

Is that what God intended? For a wedge to be driven between him and his creation? Because that is what religion, at its extreme does, since it is of man and not of God.

And just who the fcuk do you think invented Mr God? The bees? lol

If a child says she has an imaginary invisible friend, most people say "how cute, but one day she will grow out of that absurdity".

If a man says he has an imaginary invisible friend and shows you his little black cover book which says that his invisible friend is real, most people say "now there's a religious person".

bravos 2017-09-27 13:58:19 

In reply to SnoopDog

And if someone wet some crackers and call it the body of Elvis they're crazy mad,but if they do the same thing and call it the body of christ they're just catholic..

pelon 2017-09-27 14:20:13 

very sad read the implication....

If a child says she has an imaginary invisible friend, most people say "how cute, but one day she will grow out of that absurdity".

Please don't tell me you are implying that Mr. Santa does not live in the North Pole?? Look, I have proof. Every year we celebrate his return... with gifts too. I would be very disappointed, and would have to question everything. Santa is real ok - prove it wrong.

see what I did there Norm...

lol lol lol lol lol lol

SnoopDog 2017-09-27 14:35:31 

In reply to pelon

On the totem pole of imaginary beings, Santa is at the very top. lol

black 2017-09-27 14:39:04 

In reply to pelon

Please don't tell me you are implying that Mr. Santa does not live in the North Pole?? Look, I have proof. Every year we celebrate his return... with gifts too. I would be very disappointed, and would have to question everything. Santa is real ok - prove it wrong.

Isn't it essentially the same as believing in God? Albeit, kids are not smart enough to know the difference. lol

SnoopDog 2017-09-27 14:40:19 

In reply to black

Albeit, kids are not smart enough to know the difference.

At least the kids know their imaginary friend isn't real.

Can't say the same for the thumpers. lol

pelon 2017-09-27 14:40:27 

In reply to black

Black, seriously: Duh.... that was the point.

Man yuh slow today.

black 2017-09-27 14:44:31 

In reply to pelon

lol lol lol

Well, Norm and Ewart didn't get the memo. lol

powen001 2017-09-27 14:54:32 

In reply to np

Words of the day!! to each his own path to self-discovery, inner well-being, and outer expressions!! Great going Brother P.

And thats why I speak how I speak..

My experiences have been and continue to be as real as my typing to you now.

Hence you never seeing me on hear cussing nobody (with a few exceptions based on brain cell density) when it comes to belief, Jesus and or GOD.

My relationship has always been personal...and like some of you...know the wolves from the sheep who thump Bibles ad nauseum

Batquake was a poor example...and I told him so on this forum

black 2017-09-27 16:18:20 

In reply to ProWI

Religion can inform one's Spirituality; it can also be the basis of one morality.

Religion taken to the extreme can be inconsiderate, dogmatic, threatening, terrifying, unreasoning, close-minded and divisive.

Is that what God intended? For a wedge to be driven between him and his creation? Because that is what religion, at its extreme does, since it is of man and not of God

It's ironic, religion and its followers are the most discriminatory and intolerant groups today.

nick2020 2017-09-27 16:23:10 

In reply to black

I would like you to solve a mystery for me.

powen is a man of God.
powen has Rihanna as his avatar.
Rihanna smokes weed.
powen called out a cricketer for smoking weed.

powen has never publicly chastised Rihanna for any of her transgressions.
powen works in mysterious ways?

JayMor 2017-09-27 19:18:54 

In reply to Pelon, Bravos and ProWI

It fat till it buff! wink

--Æ.

bravos 2017-09-27 19:22:29 

In reply to JayMor

eeeet fat!! cool

pelon 2017-09-27 19:23:28 

In reply to nick2020

powen works in mysterious ways?

Duh: Ri Ri may have space for one more under her Umbrella ella ella eh eh

pelon 2017-09-27 19:25:53 

In reply to np

Brother np, long time man. I did not even see your post. always good to have you grace the forum... how yuh doing?

How is NOLA?

nick2020 2017-09-27 19:41:23 

In reply to pelon

His wife would smite him.

nick2020 2017-09-27 19:43:29 

I want everyone to know that this is a waste of time for everyone but one person.

You won't win debates, get your ah ha moment or change anyone's mind.

The only person who wins is black. I suspect he gets a share of the ad revenue.

lol

pelon 2017-09-27 19:53:51 

In reply to nick2020

Both Ewart (shirt tucked) and np commented, from my preview, that makes the thread consequential - or at minimum better than any thread ur rass have. LOL

Smile nuh.

But in all seriousness, we must not just pull apart each others views... I love an environment where we can discuss... debate... shape new understandings... in a jocular but respectful way.

nick2020 2017-09-27 19:55:36 

In reply to pelon

Would be all better if we got a revenue share for threads like black tho.
Then we could weather the S&P downgrades.

edit:

in a jocular but respectful way.

black and respectful religious thread is an oxymoron.

pelon 2017-09-27 19:59:47 

In reply to nick2020

lol lol lol lol lol lol