POINT 2017-09-29 15:13:11 

OF GREAT WEST INDIES PACE BOWLERS ;

SPINNERS & BATSMEN .

SO IS THERE A PROBLEM THAT PREVENTS THE

WICBC/CWI FROM HIRING THESE FORMER GREAT

PLAYERS FROM IMPARTING THEIR SKILLS ;

KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE TO OUR

PROMISING PLAYERS ??????

I recall some years ago that Sir Garfield Sobers stated that he was willing to help ; and he did indeed helped .

My impression however is that the Big Idiots in the governance of West Indies Cricket prefer instead to hire
people from outside the Region .

Let me again state in this Forum a freaking undeniable Fact :

THE SUCCESS OF OUR PLAYERS IN THE

SHORTEST VERSION OF THE GAME HAD

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE

BIG IDIOTS IN THE GOVERNANCE OF THIS

VERSION OF THE GAME .

I do not recall that they incorporated
any Player or Coaches from Overseas to
prepare , harness & hone the Skills of
the Players they prepared in this version of the game .

It would be remiss of me if I did not
state the fact that it is the Stewardship of these Former Players that made our Players in this version of the game , win two Consecutive World Championships .

It would also be remiss of me if I did not state that those two Cricket World
Championships in the shortest version
of the game had absolutely nothing to do with the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC/CWI .

WICFan 2017-09-29 15:15:37 

In reply to POINT

Money needs invested in the training facilities around the Caribbean, apparently even the best facilities in the Caribbean are poor compared to the likes of those available in England, Australia, South Africa etc.

POINT 2017-09-29 15:53:29 

In reply to WICFan

I am fully aware of what You have stated . However the onus is on those in the governance of Cricket to ensure that what You have stated becomes a Reality .

Governments could help , but quite rightly in my opinion they are going to ask for ACCOUNTABILITY ; GOOD
GOVERNANCE & TRANSPARENCY .

I have no problem with that , however
the people in the governance of Cricket in the Region I do not believe will accept that .

THEY DO NOT WANT TO GIVE UP ANY OF

THE CURRENT POWER & AUTHORITY THAT

THEY CURRENTLY POSSESS .

Then there is their overwhelming animosity towards the Players . They
have bluntly refused since the inception of the WICBC , to treat
Players with Respect , doing that apparently from their Lofty Perch is not only beneath them , but a Colossal affront to their Status .

THIS IS WHY THEY ALL MUST GO & TAKE

THEIR ARROGANT ; CANTANKEROUS , EGOS

WITH THEM . CRICKET IN THE REGION

WILL BE BETTER OFF IF THEY ALL LEAVE .

Drapsey 2017-09-29 16:24:24 

In reply to WICFan

Money needs invested in the training facilities around the Caribbean, apparently even the best facilities in the Caribbean are poor compared to the likes of those available in England, Australia, South Africa etc.

Hope that wasn't an attempt to equate the economy (economies) of the Caribbean cricket playing region to those of England, OZ, and SA.

By the way, you omitted the richest cricket playing country, India.

POINT 2017-09-29 18:35:20 

In reply to Drapsey

I hear You , however , my take is that rather than import Coaches etc from outside the Region ; I believe that
Former Great Players in the Region can do as good or even a better job than
Coaches etc from outside the region .

This has , as far as I am aware never
been tried . It seems to me that Our
Former Great Players would more easily & readily be able get the Trust of our Players in addressing their Flaws & Faults .

I am also strongly in favour of hiring Dr.Rudi Webster to address the
Mental Issues of Our Players . Unfortunately I doubt that will happen , since Dr. Webster is a staunch Critic of the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth aka the WICBC/CWI.

The Emperors in the WICBC do not like taking Advice from those who are critical of them . It seems that they believe that they are above Criticism.

Kay 2017-09-29 19:56:19 

In reply to POINT

It would be remiss of me if I did not
state the fact that it is the Stewardship of these Former Players that made our Players in this version of the game , win two Consecutive World Championships .

Agree with you 100%. The former players of which you speak had tons of experience in the shorter format of the game.......

powen001 2017-09-30 17:35:32 

In reply to POINT

There is an element required.

The Players honestly need to have a sense of purpose and they need to understand the legacy on which the Successes were built.

In short...We tend to mature slower than other teams?

Why Am I saying this?

I have said it before...but only this morning a well known Gayle detractor admitted that watching Gayle s mature approach in this series saddened him because Gayle now appears more ready and more serious ( his words) than ever before...now at the closing days of his career.

It is not a one way street...Administration has to do their part to educate and yes preach about what WI cricket means to the region and diaspora instead of the piss poor examples we have had for far too long running things...and the players have to show the attitude that speaks to a solid work ethic.

Talent was never and still is not an issue

rubberd 2017-09-30 19:50:38 

In reply to powen001

but only this morning a well known Gayle detractor admitted that watching Gayle s mature approach in this series saddened him because Gayle now appears more ready and more serious [quote]
[/quote]

He may only be sorry that Gayle succeeded and he had to "eat crow". Too many of our brother and sisters become "detractor" based on different island, school, political party, ethnicity etc. Of all these the politics is the worse. We need the keep the politicians out of sport administration.

POINT 2017-09-30 20:34:40 

In reply to powen001

CHANGE MUST START FROM THE TOP NOT

THE BOTTOM . UNTIL THAT IS DONE I AM

NOT PREPARED TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT

THE PLAYERS . WHERE THE HELL IS THE

REPLACEMENT FOR THE HPC ?????

Look this aint a complicated problem
despite what some may believe .

WE MUST START FROM THE FREAKING TOP

AND THAT IS THOSE IN THE FREAKING

WICBC/CWI & THE REGIONAL BOARDS .

Unless WE are prepared to do the above first of ALL , WE are simply spinning a Freaking Top in Mud .

I do not want to hear a freaking word
about the Players unless & until this is done .

I HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF FISH

ROTTING FROM THE TAIL UP .

Please let me know when you have seen
Fish Rotting from the Tail up . The
Stark TRUTH is that the People in the governance of ALL Cricket in the Region relish Imitating those who originally governed Cricket in the
Region .

They thought of themselves as being
above Our Players . Since they left
the current Crop of Mimic Men relish
imitating those who they inherited
the WICBC from .

Their Treatment of the Players is akin to being Masters & Serfs . This
Colonial Archaic Attitude needs to be
abolished .

It is precisely this freaking condescending attitude , why the Big
Idiot refused to go to India to salvage the Tour that was in Progress .
It is also why the President of the Board refused to stay in the same
Hotel as the Players .

It is also precisely why the President , did not think it was necessary to ascertain what level
Contract Bravo had before making his
Public Statement regarding what Level
Contract Bravo had .

I cite the above to illustrate the
Ocean between the Arrogant Cantankerous Egomaniacs , and the
Players .

What is even worst is the fact that
the WICBC/CWI perpetually can be assured that those in the Region who claim to be Sports Journalists , but in actuality are Frauds , will always
be in the Corner of the Big Idiots .

None of these Sports Charlatans , had
the Testicular Fortitude to inform
the President that he had erred . They also failed to state that the
President made an error regarding
what level Contract had .

They also failed to inform the General Public that the WICBC / CWI
has a Disciplinary Committee . They also failed to write or state that
Committee was ignored .

The Charlatans also failed to address
the fact that Bravo was punished twice for the same Offense , and was
never accorded DUE PROCESS , meaning
an Opportunity to state his case .

But Most people sided with the Mimic
Men and their Charlatans in the Media .

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY ALL MEMBERS OF

CRICKET BOARDS IN THE REGION MUST GO

THE SOONER THE BETTER .

POINT 2017-09-30 21:22:48 

In reply to rubberd

I am in agreement with what You have stated .

POINT 2017-10-01 09:45:33 

In reply to Kay

FYI Good & Great Players have the ability to play in any Format of the game .

The fact that you do not know this ,
aptly demonstrates that Your Knowledge
of Cricket is suspect .

POINT 2017-10-01 09:51:11 

In reply to powen001

So it seems that those in the WICBC/CWI are absolved from the Template , set by Worrell ; Sobers ; Vivian Richards ; Lloyd is difficult
to follow .

BTW how did the Former Great Players many of whom did not Play a lot of matches in the shortest version of the game ; able to make the Players they controlled into winning 2 Consecutive World Championships in the shortest version of the game ????

POINT 2017-10-02 23:34:49 

In reply to Kay

My perspective is that Good Cricketers Fully grounded in the all the Fundamentals of the game can Successfully play in any format of the Game .

positiveg 2017-10-03 06:27:12 

In reply to POINT

How many of these good great players will be make good or great coaches.
We have seen many good to great players fail at coaching not just in cricket but various other sporting discipline. So what would make our greats different.
It all comes down to man management. And not every great have this.
Some the greatest coaches EVER been very ok players of the sport they have been involved in.

POINT 2017-10-03 08:58:04 

In reply to positiveg

I recall that Sir Garfield Sobers begging to assist players . Finally
his request was granted , Among those
who went to his mini camp was Devon Smith , & a Player from Barbados whose name escapes me at the moment .

IN THE TEST MATCH IN JAMAICA VS

ENGLAND DEVON SMITH MADE HIS MAIDEN

TON & THE PLAYER FROM BIM ALSO MADE

RUNS .

This in my opinion cemented my belief
that former Players do have the expertise to help Our Players . Yet
the Big Idiots because of their perpetual Animosity towards ALL Players insist that Coaches ETC must
come from Overseas .

Yes Former Players will at times ignore those in the governance of Cricket , but it is the crass attitude of those in the governance of Cricket in the Region towards Former Players why they have washed their hands off the ARROGANCE OF WICBC .

Essentially those in the governance of Cricket in the Region , are responsible for the enormous gulf that exists between them & Our Players , to the point where former Players do not want to have anything to do with the WICBC/CWI et al .

This Bull Shit has to stop , if WE are to improve Cricket in the Region .
THERE MUST BE SOME UNDERSTANDING THAT

BOTH THOSE IN THE GOVERNANCE OF WEST

INDIES CRICKET & OUR FORMER PLAYERS

MUST HAVE AMICABLE RELATIONSHIPS .

The Onus in my opinion is moreso on those in the governance of Cricket in the Region than the Players , because
THEY have the Power to repair this
breach .

The question therefore is this :

ARE THOSE IN THE GOVERNANCE OF

CRICKET IN THE REGION WILLING TO

TO STOP BEING ARROGANT ; CANTANKEROUS

& EGOTISTICAL . I DO NOT THINK SO .

This is precisely why in my opinion
THEY all have to Go :

" YOU SIMPLY CANNOT TEACH OLD DOGS

NEW TRICKS . THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED"

That is an Axiom , so they have to
go , in order for Cricket in the Region start on a NEW PATH , where
there is an understanding that Those
who govern & those who represent the
Region Fully understand that there must be amicable relations :

BETWEEN EVERYONE SO THAT THE GREAT

& RICH HISTORY OF WEST INDIES CRICKET

CAN HAVE A GLORIOUS REBIRTH IN THE

21ST CENTURY .

However as I have stated many times in this Forum :

ALL THOSE IN THE GOVERNANCE OF

CRICKET IN THE REGION HAVE TO GO

WITH THEIR LORDS & SERFS MENTALITY .

POINT 2017-10-03 09:09:50 

To those who believe that the WICBC/CWI Personnel must remain in place ; I would like to know why You
have that belief when these are the
People who commissioned Several Reports ; and then turned around and
rejected the salient Features of those Reports .

Currently WE are awaiting the WEHBY
REPORT . That also I believe like the
others will be swiftly discarded .
For the sake of Cricket in the Region

THEY ALL HAVE TO GO , THEY HAVE SHOWN

US THAT THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO

INTENTION OF CHANGING . SO THEY MUST

GO EITHER VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY .

POINT 2017-10-03 15:16:49 

In reply to positiveg

Regarding your query about Former Great Players not being able to be Great Coaches , I submit the Former Great Players who were in charge of the Shortest version of the game when the WICBC decided to farm it out .

Please note & acknowledge the fact that It was the input of those Former
Great Players that made Our Players
in the Shortest Format of the game win 2 Consecutive World Championships
Now absolutely NO ONE can dispute this Fact .

positiveg 2017-10-03 16:06:38 

In reply to POINT

I still will hold my point that not all great players will become great coaches.
I do agree with you however, that they can play a very important role in the game, like Ambrose did with Guyana and even with WI. Even Bishop give tips to the bowlers and they've been able to improve, so imagine Lara imparting some tips to batsmen.
However no matter how much you tell some people if they have no inclination to learn from you they won't.
Plenty of these player seems very thickheaded when it comes to take advice, just listen to the former coaches, and greats who've complained, holding comes to mind.
So it's all good to go on and on about if we were to hire these former greats and get them to coach our youngsters the team will be world beaters. I really don't think so. I think the talent is there but these guys have to have the right temperament and application to be successful. Just like in any job. You don't have to be working in silicon valley to be a tech millionaire. Bit things do still come in small packages. I think we have players to make it work i see some glimpses of us improving in both Tests and ODI's just will take the right guys to be in the right set up and for them guys to apply themselves better. We aren't any worst than any other country out there. Our guys still develop slower (guess cause of the fact we don't have proper facilities etc, those things cost money) but if we are able to effectively and efficiency use what we have we can still produce great cricketers like we once did.

POINT 2017-10-03 18:54:16 

In reply to positiveg

I would readily agree that Not ALL Great Players could become Great Coaches .

However it is crystal clear that
those Former Great Players did a
Great Job in making our Players very
Competitive in the International Cricket Arena in the shortest format
of the game .

There is ,in my opinion ,absolutely
no doubt that it was those former Great Players who harnessed & honed
their Players to be fully competitive
to the point where the Players won 2
Consecutive World Championships in this version of the game .

It may be true that not all Players
can become Great Coaches . However there is tangible proof that Our Former Great Players were the Architects of Our Players winning those 2 World Championships .

I do not believe that any sensible
Person can dispute this . What I find troubling is that Many in the Region
seem oblivious of this fact . Perhaps because it demonstrated that Former
Players can help Our Players ; and they & the people in the WICBC/CWI are against hiring former great
Players .Despite their Records.

positiveg 2017-10-04 02:55:09 

In reply to POINT

Maybe it's not so much oblivious to the fact but more so that they feel some way jealous to what these guys have done.
What I think needs to happen more is to find a way to get the current 'greats' which is mainly senior players find a way to get them involved now in the regional squads. If they can find a way to tell these guys play at least a minimum of 3/4 FC games a year with a squad in order to be selected for the senior team, this to should be able to greatly assist the next set of players coming through.
I strongly believe in the theory, each one teach one. Look at what's happening, the boad seemed jealous tht these guys are popular all over the world and getting called up, to represent a lot of the T20 leagues, and some these guys like they don't want to give back. I'm not saying all some. Now with Jimmy Adams and Mr. Grave in charge u could see some kind of sensibility returning to the administration of the game. Let's hope it continues cause each one needs one another.
G

POINT 2017-10-04 08:28:24 

In reply to positiveg

It really is very simple If You have a Boss and he not only treats You like Shit ; he disrespects you . There are
absolutely NO REASON for you to help
Youngsters when Your Cricket Career ends .

Now this is simply Human Nature . I
do not recall hearing or reading that
the WICBC/CWI THANKING Our Former Great Players for their Services to the Region in helping Our
Players, in the shortest version of the Game , win 2 Consecutive World Championships .

Perhaps that did not happen because
the WICBC/CWI were and possibly embarrassed , that those Former Great
Players were successful in their Stewardship of West Indies Cricket in this format of the game .

I do recall Darren Sammy lauding those who were in charge of the shortest version of the game when the Team won one of its 2 World Championships .

The reason I cite these things is to
illustrate the fact that the WICBC/CWI is Toxic to Cricket in the
Region ; yet their Minions in the Media are fully prepared to tell the
Emperors that they are wearing Fine
Clothes , when the freaking Truth is that THEY are stark Naked .