The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

This is why the US is officially more dangerous

bravos 2017-10-02 09:41:19 

than Jamaica ,T&T,St Kitt & Nevis Barbados,St Vincent,St.Lucia,Antigua,Guyana,Barbados et al..

But some of us knew that already..

RIP.

bravos 2017-10-02 09:43:48 

No one's safe in the US,not even at a concert on the Las Vegas strip,much less behind all those closed doors...

Courtesy 2017-10-02 10:49:33 

In reply to bravos

This is why the US is officially more dangerous than Jamaica and T&T..

Before I agree with you here, please provide the official source for the thread.

All I am asking is for you to provide proof of your statement above...no malice is intended.

No further comment from me if the official source is provided. Coming to think of it, no further comment from me on this, one way or the other.

bravos 2017-10-02 11:05:07 

In reply to Courtesy

The UN..we discussed it already..

sgtdjones 2017-10-02 11:05:41 

Oh noooooooooo not the average thingy again.

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-10-02 11:05:56 

In reply to bravos

The UN..we discussed it already..

lol lol lol

Yep...the made up massacre on one bridge in Mexico.

Have a great day.

bravos 2017-10-02 11:12:09 

In reply to Courtesy

Yeah Mexico is more dangerous than both T&T and Jamaica too although we have higher per capita rates...OFFICIALLY..

So this is what I've been saying here for years,per capita does not tell the real story,it's about random and average decent people getting killed in all sorts of nice and everyday places doing nice regular everyday things..and I don't need you to validate it thanks,the UN has.

bravos 2017-10-02 11:12:30 

In reply to sgtdjones

Nope it's waaaaaaay past that...

bravos 2017-10-02 11:17:14 

In reply to Courtesy

Yep...the made up massacre on one bridge in Mexico.

You not serious?

black 2017-10-02 11:19:17 

In reply to bravos

Look Bravos, me and you are boys but this shooting does litte to change stats. Yes, it increases the paranoia level but little to change stats. If you spread this shooting across all States, it would add up to one miniscule death per State.

Stats are the most efficient way to measure crime.

Courtesy 2017-10-02 11:21:07 

In reply to bravos

bravos 11/27/14 9:01:07 PM

It's so unfair that because of its size Mexico isn't on that list,but frigging st kitts and Nevis on it based on twenty something murders a year. On one bridge in Mexico at any given day you can get more than that.

They kill police and soldiers by the scores,judges,lawyers,journalists,politicians etc. that per 100,000 thing doesn't tell the real story. How can 20 incidents of murder in st kitts be greater that tens of thousands in Mexico ?

Most people right here in T&T have never heard a gunshot,witnessed a murder or seen a murdered person/body in real life.

You have started a thread to justify your foolishness about "murders on a bridge in Mexico" said here some years ago.

But we digress...I have also stuck to my promise of "no further comment."

bravos 2017-10-02 11:28:48 

In reply to Courtesy

Padna you tiad now..

I divert.

bravos 2017-10-02 11:36:41 

In reply to black

Stats are the most efficient way to measure crime.

Statistically you're more likely to be randomly killed in the USA at a concert,school,mall,movie,work,restaurant etc.

Statistically the USA has much more deadly mass shootings killing decent law abiding citizens than anywhere else in the world.

Statistically the USA has many more random serial killers killing random people than anywhere else in the world.

Statistically the majority of people killed in T&T are involved in gang activity and reside in unsavory neighborhoods and 'hotspots'.

Courtesy 2017-10-02 11:38:38 

lol lol lol

black 2017-10-02 11:39:43 

In reply to bravos

Padna you tiad now.
lol lol lol

Look, pelon makes a good point about unreported crimes in Mexico but the fact that those murders are unreported, (most) indicates some kind of underground activity. In other words, those victims put themselves at high risk. The murder rate/stats (reported) would still apply (whatever that rate is) for law abiding citizens.

jen 2017-10-02 11:40:32 

In reply to bravos

Not to mention in those places, many crimes are committed that never go on the books.

bravos 2017-10-02 11:41:06 

In reply to Courtesy

One thing I can't take from you on this topic is your brave face...everything else I have.

//God Speed//

Courtesy 2017-10-02 11:41:23 

In reply to bravos

lol lol lol

bravos 2017-10-02 11:47:31 

Although this has been my opinion from adam,for those having an opinion or contribution to the contrary here this is more than an opinion,this is the annual UN crime and safety report that we discussed here recently..

Although I always knew this,I didn't just make this up..

And thank god that other people know there's much more to a country than some idiots killing each other in some shit areas and not decent people and dey children getting killed in concerts and at the mall and Mcdonals .

Courtesy 2017-10-02 11:51:28 

For those persons interested in the quoted report from the United Nations please GOOGLE "UN Crime and Safety Report" and share with me any useful information on the matter at hand.

I'll be very much interested.

bravos 2017-10-02 11:52:40 

In reply to jen

Yep...and the bodies never found...so no crime...lol..

bravos 2017-10-02 11:54:00 

In reply to Courtesy

Just watch your back if you get to go to the USA ok meng..

And I don't mean in a back alley only ok,watch out for that Uber driver too,he may become unhinged before your drop off..

jen 2017-10-02 12:01:09 

In reply to bravos

Yep, them places so big, some people can go dead and people never suspect a thing.

bravos 2017-10-02 22:44:34 

I wish them the best but I think the time has come for travel advisories to our Caribbean citizens,do we have to worry about Soca/Reggae concerts too?

The next time someone says "don't make this political, people are dead" I am going to go OFF. How many people have to be massacred in our country before we DO SOMETHING?!? School children - dead. Church goers - dead. Movie goers - dead. Concert attendees - dead. LGBTQIA folks at a bar - dead. Sikhs in a temple - dead. Muslim college students - dead. People standing in a line at a post office - dead. Kids on street corners in Chicago - dead.

nick2020 2017-10-03 06:50:24 

In reply to bravos

Bravos per capita is a stat that is used to measure crime rate since population varies. It clearly is a more level way of looking at probabilities.

Is it the most accurate thing in the world? Of course not. But it is more accurate than your pronouncement of "US being more dangerous" than Jamaica, etc.

Honestly how can you back up that statement that the US is more dangerous? Because you see terrorism on the TV? If you reject statistical analysis then don't you have to provide a replacement?

What exactly is your scientific replacement?

bravos 2017-10-03 09:22:39 

In reply to nick2020

Mr Nick again you walk into a wall face first,ask the UN why the US is more dangerous than Bim although Bim has a higher per capita rate...they will give you the answers...

Have a great day Nick and if you in the US be careful ok caus you never know where they'll strike,at the movies,work,school,mall,restaurant etc,at least where I'm from if I avoid certain places at certain times I should be ok.

Kay 2017-10-03 10:38:17 

In reply to nick2020

Honestly how can you back up that statement that the US is more dangerous? Because you see terrorism on the TV? If you reject statistical analysis then don't you have to provide a replacement?

What exactly is your scientific replacement?

Good luck with dat...... smile

Chrissy 2017-10-03 10:43:18 

In reply to bravos

Yep

bravos 2017-10-03 10:48:49 

In reply to Kay

You people mad yes,although I have believed this and said this many times before,the UN has confirmed it officially ,you guys are soft heads..

Good luck with dat...... smile

Really now?

The joke's on you..

bravos 2017-10-03 10:52:26 

In reply to Chrissy

Let the slaves believe that massa better than them,in T&T we know exactly who's gonna get killed and the 'reasons',in the US it can be anyone,and it can be administered by same.

Massa done say it officially a few months ago but they attacking me,lol poor little obedient ones being actually disobedient now and they ain even know..oh oh dey tooo sweeet and innocent..oooooh gossssh dey sweeeet eh..

bravos 2017-10-03 10:54:32 

And so boxed in they are that 90% of our crimes over the last decade or more have been a direct result of the US.

Lemme guess allyuh gonna ask how? Well work it out if you don't know. Ah fed up play wit allyuh,ah not playin no more,I done..

bravos 2017-10-03 11:03:23 

Know your posters before you make yourself look stupid.

MURDEROUS T&T Bravos certainly ain't gonna put T&T on the line jess so...time to look beyond allyuh own nose .

Gimme gangsters killing each other all day in shit holes over that any day..even the odd hit is more palatable ..

No one's safe in the US nowhere...(double negative I know).

nick2020 2017-10-03 12:15:55 

In reply to bravos

You are asking me to do something neither of us can do in asking the UN. You have a phone number?

Bravos this is completely insular and irrational. We are only here because people capita puts TnT in a bad light.

For the record though you have not presented a stat that is a better measure of murder rate besides per capita. What is anyone supposed to do?

Courtesy 2017-10-03 12:39:17 

In reply to nick2020

lol lol lol

You will have to use a crane to pull out that specific UN Report on Dangerous Countries he is quoting ad nauseam.

The per capita methodology is a statistical tool used for comparative analysis across countries.

He clearly does not understand what per capita entails...don't waste your time mate...you cannot get them duncier than that.

Quite frankly, I have never meet such a dumb TT national and I have worked with many of them internationally.

His nonsensical post above regarding "murders on one Mexican bridge" tells it all.

And this thread is just an attempt to justify the ignorance he expressed here many moons ago.

In the meantime, the USA will continue using these reports to issue its travel advisories for our countries when we engage in our killing frenzies across the region.

And Tits who can afford are fleeing TNT in droves to shelter in the US of A because of de TITS runaway crime.

black 2017-10-03 12:43:12 

In reply to bravos

I don't think you understand how stats work, this one incident does not put a lot of people at risk, (incidents like this) the only risk is the uncertainty of not knowing who is going to get hit next.

These events don't happen everyday and they usually don't leave that many casualties.

So, your chances of getting caught up in one is pretty small.

bravos 2017-10-03 12:55:22 

In reply to black

Padna of course I do,the point is stats don't tell the whole story!

I can guarantee you that no Caribbean retired accountant doing what that man did,no matter how much scum killing each other in the dugouts..

bravos 2017-10-03 13:00:27 

In reply to Courtesy

His nonsensical post above regarding "murders on one Mexican bridge" tells it all

It was bodies displayed on a Mexican bridge.

Say whatever you want both T&T and Jamaica are rated higher than the US.

This isn't about per-capita,this is about the likelihood, of getting mass killed in a music concert,not the likelihood of getting killed in a known hotspot.

At least the UN has recognized this.

Courtesy 2017-10-03 13:03:29 

This is the thread where the dumb post was posted:

Caribbean countries among most violent countries

problemjay 11/27/14 8:10:58 PM

A UN study among countries worldwide where the most homicides occur.

The rankings are categorised as number of murders per 100,000 people :

- Honduras, 90.4

- Venezuela, 53.7

- Belize, 44.7

- El Salvador, 41.2

- Guatemala, 39.9

- Jamaica, 39.3

- Swaziland, 33.8

- St Kitts and Nevis, 33.6

- South Africa, 31.0

- Colombia, 30.8

- The Bahamas, 29.8

- Trinidad and Tobago, 28.3

Bravos, don't bother responding to my posts...you are too fucking dumb.

bravos 2017-10-03 13:08:54 

You all wasting your time,this thread isn't about per capita,it's about recognition that despite per capita many countries are proving to be more randomly dangerous to decent law abiding people going about their day to day activities ,than others.

In other words I am safer in a Caribbean concert or movie or mall than I am in the US,and so are my kids in school.

Any simpleton can surmise that Caribbean countries have higher per capita murder rates,but only a true idiot cannot see the different dynamics at play.

In other words if you want to get shot in T&T I can tell you exactly what to do and where to go,thing is in the US we don't have that luxury,your accountant can be your killer.

Per capita my left bollock,simple apple and orange averages.

black 2017-10-03 13:09:40 

In reply to bravos

Even ISIS attacks don't put that many people at risk. They project fear, that's why they call it "terrorism".

bravos 2017-10-03 13:12:06 

In reply to Courtesy

your are an asshole this thread isn't about per capita ...you lost this one..

This thread is despite your apple and oranges arithmetic the entire Caribbean is safer than the US.

My kids are safer in school here than any part of the US. My kids are safer at the movies here than any part of Hollywood,we are safer at teh most ratchet Dancehall concert here in the Caribbean than a good ole country and western concert in the USA.

The UN index says so,thing is I knew that all the time,man you're really a lil sorf head..

Courtesy 2017-10-03 13:13:28 

From pure concentrated TNT orange juice to watery dilution of TNT Orange juice. This is a drink (thread) for dumbasses who are prepared to drink the dilution in gulps.

The thread title is as misleading as the author.

lol lol lol

black 2017-10-03 13:14:42 

In reply to bravos

It was bodies displayed on a Mexican bridge.

Remember, these people are high risk because they put themselves at risk. It doesn't not matter if some of these killings go uncounted, the average citizen will not face those risks.

bravos 2017-10-03 13:14:58 

In reply to Courtesy

That's per capita murder rankings you little appendage. Who mostly getting killed exactly ?

The fucking irony is that they getting killed to satisfy teh US drug lust and by US supplied guns and ammo.

Your'e becoming a mild irritant now..

bravos 2017-10-03 13:17:07 

In reply to black

Remember, these people are high risk because they put themselves at risk. It doesn't not matter if some of these killings go uncounted, the average citizen will not face those risks.

Although the disingenuous discourtesy wouldn't tell you that Mexican thing was to make another point BTW,anyway.....

MY FACTING POINT EXACTLY!!!!!!

But the fucking average person in the USA can get gun down in a country music concert IN Las Vegas!! Or the mall or movies!! get it?

If this don't jolt you guys nothing will,oh well...

Courtesy 2017-10-03 13:18:38 

bravos 11/27/14 9:45:43 PM
That's the prob with you pseudo intellects,you deal in numbers and not reality.

20 + murders castigating st kitts to a top murderous country in the world,but tens of thousands in Mexico and they not even on the list..if you can't see a flaw there then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you..it's the most sold bridge in the world ,so it's only right that you buy it.

Courtesy 2017-10-03 13:21:34 

The dumb ass cannot even see that even in this thread, you cannot take an isolated incident as representative of the whole (you cannot apply it wholesale to the USA)...it will be highly skewed. No intelligent person does this shit.

Anyway...enough of this bullshit.

bravos 2017-10-03 13:23:19 

In reply to Courtesy

Yes and my point was there are only twenty something bloody days and over 330 peaceful days in St.Kitts,no matter the per capita simple averages rate. I will take my chances in St.Kitts any day.

Per capita is well embedded in your posterior...doh worry ah go pry it out with a 100 foot pickax.

bravos 2017-10-03 13:25:49 

In reply to Courtesy

Idiot the UN says the US is more dangerous than Jamaica and T&T despite per capita murder rate..

In the USA anyone is fair game,even your kid at school,now that's scary,in T&T all I have to tell them is stay way from the likes of Courtesy and dey good to go..

black 2017-10-03 13:28:07 

In reply to bravos

Although the disingenuous discourtesy wouldn't tell you that Mexican thing was to make another point,well that's MY FACTING POINTTTTTTTTTTTT EXACTLY!!!

All I'm saying is, the stats will remain pretty accurate.

But the fucking average person in the USA can get gun down in a country music concert IN Las Vegas!! Or the mall or movies!! get it?

Think big! It's still just a tiny percentage.

Again, it's only spreading fear, the vast majority of people will not get caught up in this.

bravos 2017-10-03 13:33:12 

Think big! It's still just a tiny percentage.

this isn't about percentages...I never claimed that ,my point is you or anyone are more likely to be randomly killed in the US in a nice random place than in the Caribbean..

This with the understanding that a certain sector in the Caribbean have been killing each other at a much higher rate than people of other sectors and chances that if you steer clear of them and lead a productive life you may be safer than in the US with their lower overall rate and free to go to the movies or a concert without having to wonder if you will be killed.

Simple.

bravos 2017-10-03 13:39:27 

Lemme simplify it for allyuh.

Where safer, Barbados or the USA?

black 2017-10-03 13:39:39 

In reply to bravos

this isn't about percentages...I never claimed that ,my point is you or anyone are more likely to be randomly killed in the US in a nice random place than in the Caribbean

Only if the murder rate is higher. Leave yourself out of it, think in terms of numbers.

bravos 2017-10-03 13:41:45 

In reply to black

Ok simple as that,well I have no prob with your faith in just numbers,I would look at different factors..

Courtesy 2017-10-03 13:44:45 

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-03 14:04:49 

In reply to bravos

this is about the likelihood, of getting mass killed in a music concert

my point is you or anyone are more likely to be randomly killed in the US in a nice random place than in the Caribbean..

like·li·hood
ˈlīklēˌho͝od
noun
the state or fact of something's being likely; probability.
"young people who can see no likelihood of finding employment"
synonyms: probability, chance, prospect, possibility, likeliness, odds, feasibility;

bravos....Therefore if WE in the USA are MORE likely to be killed in such a way...

Then, in order for that to be likely... we HAVE to look at the numbers.... to say "likely" it has to be based on a reference. In this case, it has to be NUMBERS.

Do you agree on that or not? You are a smart chap... so I think you will agree! lol

If you do, agree, then how many concerts, movie theaters, schools, workplaces, restaurants, etc are across the entire USA?

Get that TOTAL, then divide it by the TOTAL of deadly incidents that happen there yearly, then let us know if that result equals to an answer that says a person is "likely" to be killed there.

Thank you. cool cool cool

Courtesy 2017-10-03 14:11:17 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

You might very well be wasting your time. The thread attempting to explain this concept is dated 2014. Three plus years and the concept cannot be grasped nor has he made an effort to do so. And I was called all sorts of names trying to explain this TABC stuff. He will attempt his usual bravado mixed with contortions.

He just took the "officially more dangerous" straight from his ass.

Watch de ride.

Best of luck.

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-03 14:11:25 

In reply to bravos

::Lastly::

You also have to do that comparison for each Caribbean country, then compare each to the USA and see what the numbers are and which of the 2 (the USA or that particular Caribbean territory) is a person more LIKELY to be killed at.

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-03 14:16:42 

In reply to Courtesy

Bravos is a good poster man & so are you. Once the name-calling start. I done.

I come to enjoy my time & converations on this board. From time to time I get caught up in an unwanted tangle. I usually take a breather and forget it. Not worth my time to fight and quarrel. cool

bravos 2017-10-03 14:23:23 

The average law abiding citizen is safer in the Caribbean,and this isn't an argument,it's a fact according to the latest UN report. The random factor ..

Thanks for all of the above it's obvious if we're talking just numbers,but it's more than that..there's more to science than just the basic numbers,more calculations have to be considered and more precise numbers categories and parameters will be available and will tell a more accurate story than just plain old averages because the biggest part of that average is one single group which the AVERAGE West Indian isn't part of...

bravos 2017-10-03 14:32:30 

The implications of what happened in the US and what continues to happen far exceeds any calculation of per capita,that deadly randomness can never be calculated or preempted,this is the biggest danger and far exceeds the risk of becoming a victim of a gang war in a hotspot and the UN has recognized this that's why both Jamaica and T&T rank as generally safer than the US and that was before this and Florida and and and and ......

Khaga 2017-10-03 14:36:49 

Las Vegas or any of the Cat-5 prone Caribbean islands? I prefer my odds in Las Vegas..

XFactor 2017-10-03 14:42:48 

In reply to Courtesy

Y’all stop beating up on Bravos and leave him alone. You know his posting history–a lot of drama and lack of any substance.

Jamgirl used to pull his pants down, point and laugh (according to JohnDoe) Ever since then, I have been focused on defending him from humiliation. He is a nice guy and good poster when posting pics Trini chicks. Let him do what he does best.

Courtesy 2017-10-03 14:45:47 

In reply to XFactor

big grin

I understand and I am done.

pelon 2017-10-03 14:50:44 

brother Bravos, sometimes when the horse is tired, you must call in cow.
Introduce irrefutable evidence to support that CARICOM has many positive quality indicators... including stats on crime that even the mighty can't refute.

Stats are "tricky"

Crime
You have a much higher risk of being a victim of mass murder in USA than any CARICOM nation.
You have a high degree of probability of being pulled over based on race in USA than in any CARICOM nation.
The incarceration rate, and time for crime... based on race is grossly disproportionate in USA compared to CARICOM
*Race relations are far more polarized in the USA than in CARICOM

Health
While overall "health care quality" is a subjective measure. Very few uninsured persons in USA can afford or have access to quality healthcare in USA

Society
American workers have zero (0) paid days leave (supported by law). It is up to a company to decide how much paid time a person can have. This significantly impacts the quality of life for the middle class in USA. Avg. salaried employee in CARICOM gets 15 days paid leave (and about 12000 public holidays).

PAID Maternity leave for new families & mothers is also not supported by law in USA. Very few mothers get more than 2 paid weeks in USA, compared to 1 month at least in CARICOM for salaried workers.
America is one of the ONLY countries in the world that legally does not support paid maternity leave.

So looking at the overall picture: Truce, America is a great nation if you can make it. CARICOM is a great region if you can make it.

lol cool lol

nick2020 2017-10-03 15:48:42 

In reply to pelon

bravos10/3/17 11:03:23 AM
Know your posters before you make yourself look stupid.

MURDEROUS T&T Bravos certainly ain't gonna put T&T on the line jess so...time to look beyond allyuh own nose .

Gimme gangsters killing each other all day in shit holes over that any day..even the odd hit is more palatable ..

No one's safe in the US nowhere...(double negative I know).

The historical context of this never-ending debate is murder rate. The murders in Las Vegas are also what sparked this post.

So murders. Back in your court.

gvenkat 2017-10-03 15:48:48 

I will take my chances in the USA than getting blown away by Maria or Irma in one of the dots.

bravos 2017-10-03 15:56:52 

In reply to gvenkat

smile

bravos 2017-10-03 15:57:28 

In reply to nick2020

Is Bim safer than the USA bro?

bravos 2017-10-03 15:57:58 

In reply to pelon

:Thumbs up: cool

nick2020 2017-10-03 15:59:07 

The problem is bravos bleeds Trinidad and it is difficult to have a reasoned discourse on the matter.

Trinidad has significant issues and I blame the disparity of the haves and have nots. Too. Much. Corruption.
Guyana. Too. Much. Corruption.
Add Barbados too that and that explains why Barbados having an explosion of murders.

But instead we get these kind of threads. Doesn't really solve anything I guess.

nick2020 2017-10-03 15:59:45 

In reply to bravos

Is Bim safer than the USA bro?

Safer or less murderous?

bravos 2017-10-03 16:00:30 

In reply to XFactor

You an idiot argue with the UN,I ain ready for allyuh yet,later for allyuh...

Where Jamgirl btw?

This thread is bout facts...not just my correct opinion you lightweight...

bravos 2017-10-03 16:00:50 

In reply to nick2020

Safer or less murderous?

Or hor,well ask yourself nah...arite...later..

gvenkat 2017-10-03 16:04:59 

In reply to nick2020

He is a typical insular trini. lol

gvenkat 2017-10-03 16:10:40 

In reply to bravos

Population of Tittie Land : 1.35 Million

Population of Chicago : 2.705 Million.

762 murders in 12 months: Chicago

463 Murders in 12 months in 2016 : Tittie Land

Chicago is much more safer than TnT. Now go back to watching snakes in your backyard. lol lol

nick2020 2017-10-03 16:14:43 

In reply to bravos

I am not a mind reader but I will take a stab at both:

Less murderous yes. For now. But Bim got escalating issues.
Safer depends on some factors. A guy died from a stab wound after being in the hospital for over a month. Maybe he would have lived if he were in the US. If I get stabbed or shot I may prefer my chances to live in the US.

Look I am not your enemy. We do not see eye to eye on some things but the answer is about happiness. I lived in the US. I was not happy. I would sure as heck be happier in murderous Jamaica than America.

bravos 2017-10-03 20:25:34 

In reply to gvenkat

This isn't about per capita,take it up with the UN..

bravos 2017-10-03 20:40:29 

In reply to nick2020

Nick the UN says Bim safer despite the higher murder rate.

This thread was never about disputing simple averages,it is astounding actually because this thread was just to confirm what the UN and many others already knew,I wasn't looking for support or validation...

I was simply emphasizing and endorsing their Global index.. this is waay past discourtesy and his simpleton arithmetic. ..

nick2020 2017-10-03 21:02:14 

In reply to bravos

Can you post the link so I can understand the reference?

Khaga 2017-10-03 23:28:48 

In reply to gvenkat

They want to bray about per capita great cricketers and toilets.. lol

Courtesy 2017-10-04 10:34:09 

In reply to nick2020

Can you post the link so I can understand the reference?

Nick, are you awaiting the link?

You have plenty more wait to do.

Call his bluff. I am with you on this.

The bravado and couyontwe must stop.

The modus operandi is the same here as in 2014...he provided a link of some school girls doing a project and blogging about it, as evidence for his UN Report on Dangerous Countries.

What a joke.

big grin

sgtdjones 2017-10-04 10:43:01 

In reply to gvenkat

Chicago marked 2016 as the deadliest year in nearly two decades, data released by the Chicago Police Department shows.

The city saw a surge in gun violence in 2016:
762 murders,
3,550 shooting incidents,
and 4,331 shooting victims,
according to a statement released by the department on Sunday.

Ya missed a few stats, how come?.

Did ya buy a gun in Florida yet?

lol lol

bravos 2017-10-04 10:53:19 

In reply to Courtesy

You know the Index,we've been through this already..Jamaica T&T and others with higher per capita murder rates have been rated above the USA...

It was mentioned all over this thread,how is this some revelation now? You dunce bad..argue with all them factors..

bravos 2017-10-04 10:53:36 

In reply to sgtdjones

WOW!!! shock

bravos 2017-10-04 10:55:38 

In reply to nick2020

It's the peace index..and we would've done even better had it not been for the ISIS business..despite that we are ranked better than the US..

I mentioned the index more than once in this thread.

Courtesy 2017-10-04 11:01:13 

Nick, check out the "UN Negative Peace Index" for yourself and the parameters used for compiling the report. It is not analogous to "officially more dangerous countries" which has never been produced by the United Nations.

The fool cannot decipher the vast difference what he calls a "most dangerous report" (which is not produced by the UN) and a Negative Peace Index.

In the UN Negative Peace Index...there are many parameters like: the potential for war and terrorism defense spending etc, which we do not see in the Caribbean.

The GPI's main aim is to draw attention to the massive resources we are squandering as a result of violence and conflict and not to look at "official dangerous countries in the world."

Don't be fooled Nick. Beware of smoke N mirrors.

The Negative Peace Index is an entirely different matter from the so called "officially more dangerous report." They are separate and distinct. They are not interchangeable. One does not equate to the other.

It's like comparing primary health care coverage in the Caribbean and telling me life expectancy in the Caribbean is way better than the US. They are vastly different.

You cannot equate a Negative Peace Index with a made up United Nations "officially most dangerous report."

Countries which face the threat of war, are inclined to go to war and spend heavily on defense will always top this index.

The Homicide rate is only a small aspect of this report and one cannot conclude that the violence in Las Vegas makes the US more dangerous than Jamaica and T&T. And the overall homicide rate in the US is substantially lower than many Caribbean islands.

Original thread title: This is why the US is officially more dangerous than Jamaica and T&T.

bravos 2017-10-04 12:12:23 

In reply to Courtesy

You playing stupid or just plain chuipd?

It's all the parameters that makes it more accurate,parameters such as active mass shooters killing scores and injuring 100's,they know that don't happen in the Caribbean,dynamics go kill allyuh..

Any way the fact that you're cuddling up to nick and trying to sway his objective view is very telling.

Original thread title: This is why the US is officially more dangerous than Jamaica and T&T.

Quarrels among criminals fighting for the right to distribute drugs to the USA and guns supplied by the USA and resulting in particular areas accounting for 80% of murders cannot be an accurate gauge of a country's real danger to the general random public,real danger to the general public is what we witnessed couple days ago in Las Vegas among many many examples in many public areas..

This non-argument is over.

bravos 2017-10-04 12:18:35 

Any how you like it.

"The annual survey's lead investigator says Mexico's second-place ranking was surprising, considering the deaths are nearly all attributable to small arms," NPR's Carrie Kahn reports, "and not tanks or aircraft fire as in the political wars of Syria or Iraq."

Mexico's murder rate is much much lower than Jamaica's,St Kitt's and all the Saints and much lower than T&T's,yet.

Mexico Is World's Second Most Violent Country, Report Says

Yet an idiot is going on about per capita,well go live in Mexico tun tun..probably only Barbados has a lower rate in the Caribbean,and still according to a big tun tun Barbados more dangerous than the USA because they have a much higher per capita murder rate with couple lil idiots shooting each other on the fringes...this has nothing to do with military positioning.

He tiad now wit dat shit..how many times do I have to prove that tun tun wrong??

Courtesy 2017-10-04 12:26:22 

Link to report.

Read the report for yourselves. Right there in the executive summary...you don't even have to look that far.

"The GPI measures a country’s level of Negative Peace using three domains of peacefulness." (See the methodology starting on page 114) and the homicide rate is one of the 23 indicators.

The GPI covers 99.7 per cent of the world’s population, using 23 qualitative and quantitative indicators from highly
respected sources and measures the state of peace using three thematic domains: the level of Societal Safety and Security (homicide rate is only one indicator in this broad category); the extent of Ongoing Domestic and International Conflict; and the degree of Militarisation.

The levels of "Societal Safety and Security" is only one part of a whole set of three main elements which contribute to the Peace Index.

And the homicide rate of countries is only one of the 23 indicators.

The three broad themes which make up the 23 indicators are:
(i) Societal Safety and Security.
(ii) Ongoing Domestic and International Conflict
(iii) the degree of militarization.

The GPI's main aim is to draw attention to the massive resources we are squandering as a result of violence and conflict - the economic side (opportunity cost) of war and conflicts and not to look at, in your words, official endorsement of "dangerous countries in the world."

You cannot look at the incident in Las Vegas in isolation and conclude: "This is why the US is officially more dangerous than Jamaica and T&T." It's a bigly stretch to so do, as well as label the UN Negative Peace Index as proof of the most "Dangerous Countries Report."

Khaga 2017-10-04 12:27:57 

In reply to bravos

Quarrels among criminals fighting for the right to distribute drugs to the USA and guns supplied by the USA and resulting in particular areas accounting for 80% of murders cannot be an accurate gauge of a country's real danger to the general random public,real danger to the general public is what we witnessed couple days ago in Las Vegas among many many examples in many public areas..

In the context of contextualizing,in a population of 300 million, way more people die in road accidents than the gun violence..If you are so hell bent upon defending your tiny dots and their per capita rates of violence, you gotta be able to think wider..

bravos 2017-10-04 13:43:38 

In reply to Khaga

It's not about that...if we were that big the pockets of gang violence would have less impact on our overall rates just like all those bigger countries with their higher levels of all types of deadly violence.

You make that comment after that article I posted above clearly defies all those wasted lines.

I never came here claiming the Caribbean doesn't have serious problems,all I'm saying is the levels and source of violence in those countries put regular citizens at greater risk than Caribbean countries,so much so that hundreds can get shot at a country music concert,no amount of ghetto slayings in the Caribbean can come close to that alarming reality.

So if an island of 100 people have one murder does that make them the deadliest country in the world with a rate of 100/100,000?

I rest my case.

Oh,you gotta be able to think wider than per capita,per capita of what part of the population exactly? Church goes,school kids,concert goers,cinema patrons,everyday people going about regular everyday activities?

No denying we have issues but thankfully we don't have those.

bravos 2017-10-04 13:55:48 

In reply to Courtesy

The levels of "Societal Safety and Security" is only one part of a whole set of three main elements which contribute to the Peace Index.

But ah tort the US had all that covered with their much lower per capita rate? You can't have it both ways.

So you readily saying that the Caribbean has higher levels of "Societal Safety and Security" than the US despite higher per capita murder rates from few assholes killing each other in the gullies.

Thanks caus that's what I've been saying too,and how come the UK with an arsenal only second to the US is still ahead of us? Maybe has something to do with random mass murder and serial killers etc ?

Who knows...

But thanks for this full circle.

Thank god the researchers have acknowledged that activities at schools,movies,the mall,at work etc are more a reflection of society than some crime hot spot.

bravos 2017-10-04 14:01:45 

A fucking millionaire shot hundreds of people killing scores at a beautiful peaceful musical event at a prime top market US location and you fools wanna come here and tell me the Caribbean with some back alley gangsters and muggers more dangerous than the US where your own boss coworker or fellow student may gun you down?

Whatever the opinion one fact is that the US with it's much lower rate has a higher rate of scared decent people running around,tell them about per capita..

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-04 14:18:33 

In reply to bravos

A fucking millionaire shot hundreds of people killing scores at a beautiful peaceful musical event at a prime top market US location and you fools wanna come here and tell me the Caribbean with some back alley gangsters and muggers more dangerous than the US where your own boss coworker or fellow student may gun you down?

Whatever the opinion one fact is that the US with it's much lower rate has a higher rate of scared decent people running around,tell them about per capita..
At the END OF THE DAY... it really doesn't matter where one lives.

It matters if you (& your family) survive all the potential chaos around YOU.

Any one of us could walk across the street and get hit by a car and die. Does it matter whether your neighborhood is prone to a mass murder or not? NO!

Live & let LIVE, man.

No offense, as much as I love the Caribbean, I don't think I would want to live there. I'll gladly come vacation 3 times a year. I've traveled to many a islands and observed enough. Not necessarily for me. Not even the hot temps and the beautiful beaches can persuade me AND I love the warm temps and I will go swimming everyday!!!

bravos 2017-10-04 14:26:54 

Noted and no offence, as much as we all love the USA for many right reasons,I don't think I even want to visit there again any time soon,living there is totally out of the question..

But who knows what life may throw at you and where you may end up,but the fact is today you have to be careful anywhere, even in any democratic country,but more careful in America.

XFactor 2017-10-04 17:24:05 

In reply to bravos

Where Jamgirl btw?

JamGirl is having internet problems. I am sure she'll be back to pummel you when you are out of line. lol

Khaga 2017-10-04 18:03:54 

In reply to bravos

even in any democratic country,but more careful in America.

I like your chutzpah.. lol

che 2017-10-04 20:07:23 

In reply to gvenkat

Chicago is much more safer than TnT. Now go back to watching snakes in your backyard.

lol lol lol lol
Funny as feck lol onli takeaway from disya skillet of shite!!! lol

bravos 2017-10-04 20:40:31 

In reply to che

Cuck boy gtfo of here batty terrorist..

bravos 2017-10-04 20:42:07 

In reply to Khaga

Dias all ah have,we ain have nukes and I cyar buy 40 machine gun if I wanted to.. cool

nick2020 2017-10-04 21:20:52 

In reply to bravos

I was waiting for the "isolated incidents" position.

I will take everything you said as fact - 80% of the murders in Trinidad are bad people killing bad people.

Can a neighbourhood be safe with that many bad people? Or to go further you are laying a population where this 80% are into drugs and killing others in the drug trade and that is it.

Impossible? No. But difficult to believe. I think the issue with Trinidad is the corruption. It is beyond me how Dana Seetahal's murder went unpunished. But then again a man who staged a coup is free as a bird. That is your problem right there.

bravos 2017-10-04 21:57:34 

In reply to nick2020

I'm not asking you about the % ,I am telling you,you have no clue what those idiots kill each other for,they actually keep regular people out of their quarrels,"he not in nutten" ...Also there are many good people killing bad people here too,trust me...it's a fact,those same people wouldn't hurt a law abiding fly...

I'm not saying there aren't sick unruly fucks,I'll happily gun dem down if I catch them distressing good people,i certainly would not intervene if their targets are similarly known to the police,and our problem after everything else as of today is legal reform and drugs drugs drugs,we are actually buffering for places like Bim,if T&T wasn't where it is Bim woulda bin the next transshipment point..

The dynamics are very different even only a few miles away..we have Spanish road signs ffs..

bravos 2017-10-04 22:02:50 

In reply to nick2020

I think the issue with Trinidad is the corruption. It is beyond me how Dana Seetahal's murder went unpunished. But then again a man who staged a coup is free as a bird. That is your problem right there.

And you talking on a flawed platform,don't fall in that trap..

Men have been charged and before the court with Dana's murder.

And Abubakr was freed by the privy council,it was all legal..he was just more crafty than the Gov't,I think his freedom sent the wrong message and was the main catalyst to the impunity we see today..still not as bad as active shooters mass murdering,not even Abubakr did that.

nick2020 2017-10-04 22:16:52 

In reply to bravos

Men have been charged and before the court with Dana's murder.

I may not live long enough to see it come to naught.

And Abubakr was freed by the privy council,it was all legal

I want you to reconcile what he did and again use that phrase "it was all legal". The man shot the Prime Minister bravos. Legal?

From Wikipedia:

They were tried for treason, but the Court of Appeal upheld the amnesty offered to secure their surrender, and they were released. The Privy Council later invalidated the amnesty, but the Muslimeen members were not re-arrested.

Haves and have nots bravos. That is often the root cause to crime. People need to believe - whether real or imaginary - that there is a chance of fairness and upward mobility. That the people ( edit: law abiding citizens) at the bottom can rise to the top and the people at the top can crash to the bottom. This creates balance.

bravos 2017-10-04 22:21:17 

In reply to nick2020

Padna I am very outspoken about Bakr's negative effect on our country,but my point is due process was observed,it was no kangaroo court or banana republic process,it went the distance ..

F@ck Abubakr..

oh and there were more have not's in T&T when our murder rate was among the lowest in the world.

I repeat we need legal reform...

nick2020 2017-10-04 22:22:46 

In reply to bravos

Okay. But it was not "legal".

nick2020 2017-10-04 22:23:39 

In reply to bravos

Btw this is the problem Barbados is facing.

The haves and have nots.

bravos 2017-10-04 22:26:03 

In reply to nick2020

Nah that's the rude boys with their big expensive gold chain,even if,it's still a choice..we just have to limit their options so they would make better choices,even by force (educational programs after conviction to qualify for reintegration etc).

Educate/enlighten them by default.

birdseye 2017-10-04 22:30:13 

So much negativity – why, negativity sells? You read this thread and one would think the only thing going on in the world and the US in particular is advanced criminality….. Someone posted yesterday that 3 US citizens won the Nobel Prize for physics………any accumulation of three hundred and twenty millions of anything – you going to find some serious defects….. the Las Vegas situation is an extreme tragedy – but I am sure that can be juxtapose against maybe three million immigrants in the US that are being advantaged to an extent that is not happening anywhere else in the world

There have been so many young people who have entered the US with less than $100 – who have gone on to be accomplished individuals – who can now live in any zip code they chose - I don’t think there is another country in the world that has provided this kind of advancement opportunity for ordinary folks……. I bitch about the inequities of the US all the time – but the US is not all abbot inequities – and God knows there is a lot of it----- several young people from the Caribbean went to join ISIS – would any of such do what the Las Vegas did --- I guess if you leave the Caribbean and migrate to Syria – what you think? ------ just a contrary opinion

Yes the country elected President Carbuncle ------ that I don’t think West Indians would do – jus show that there are more Carbuncles in the US

bravos 2017-10-04 22:45:51 

In reply to birdseye

This is a discussion is about a very disturbing event in US and world history and far from anything 'Nobel' or anything peaceful,denial not going to solve that problem,if you didn't know this problem is becoming more prevalent in the US,so much so that the last record has been broken just a year after.

Of course life is more than this and that's my point,my country and yours are much more than a per capita murder rate and the UN has acknowledged that,just like the US is much more than mass shootings,but the mass shootings are becoming much more,so what next an attack on West Indian Parade day by some WI hater with machine guns? I have plenty family in the US and it's very concerning.

Any way enough time has been expended on this topic ,full circle here,all the best to everyone at home and abroad..Later.

black 2017-10-04 22:58:27 

In reply to birdseye

Well said.

birdseye 2017-10-04 23:02:25 

In reply to bravos
thanks bro - much love ----
The more I live the more I realize we have not made as much civilized (civil) progress as we seem to think --- president Carbuncle has unmasked the underbelly of American bigotry that I frankly did not know ever existed – let alone still prevalent – the human condition is way more fucked up than I ever imagined – stay well ---
car alert – been reading up on the 440 X-drive – may move to one soon---0 to 60 in 4 seconds, -- 0 to 100 in 9 seconds – I wont do it but exciting to know you can

big grin

bravos 2017-10-04 23:25:42 

In reply to birdseye

Ah swear I was going to ask you about your next target!!

I looking at probably the new Benz E class,Benz really take the cake this rounds,it's normally like that between them and BMW,they have their seasons.

BMW still haven't been able to create an M5 to rival the E63..0-60 3.2 ffs!! and great handling,something BMW always had on them..

BMW have been so good in the past that they had to detune cheaper cars because their performance were rivaling the M's,I think your old 335 was one of them..and I see they persist,lol..

I think any off the shelf car 4 seconds 0-60 is amazing,not too long ago that was Ferrari and Lambo exclusive territory,now they have to be careful not to cannibalize sales of more 'sporty' models!! lol nice problem for consumers!

birdseye 2017-10-04 23:41:08 

In reply to bravosthat Benz is amazing on looks - i dont know about performance - yes - that 335 was the best - i keep wanting to hang on the the 435 --- my problem is that after 3 years then comes repair bills - i so much rather the installment payments - meet a guy at the service center 2 weeks ago crying about beeing charged 5 grand for some service and that there was still more work to be done - apparently he took the SUV to a quack and now BMW have to repair the Quackry --- i been down that road - wont travel it again - if i can help it

bravos 2017-10-04 23:55:13 

In reply to birdseye

Tell me about it,after 4 years with my E60 530i in the mid 2000's the maintenance bills were getting crazy,one came in at $25,000 TT (you could buy a lil nissan sunny taxi man car with that!) for software upgrades,a faulty 'hot' wire the whole length of the car as the battery was in trunk..(cost me 2 big ass batteries too,the rubbish truck man laughing at me still) and a couple other lil things like rain sensor and abs sensors!

Yeah and Benz ahead on numbers this generation..they also have some mid range affordable factory hot rods.

All ah dem nice too bad yes,imagine we reach so far as a world that 2 Caribbean man critiquing the best of Stuttgart!! Although per capita we may be in the minority,but who cares about per capita anyway,it's about the broader experience!! lol

bravos 2017-10-05 00:01:10 

Allyuh

Allyuh better take care cutissy ain retire like jamgyal eh.

Man run away and throwing all kinda rants from afar to no avail,remind me of dem dustbin terrier only barking and rushing and when yuh pelt dem dey run away and start barking from quite up de road by de nex corner..

Courtesy 2017-10-05 06:38:19 

Finally I ask, which individual in their right senses would start a thread and use a tragedy just to defend his crazy notion mouthed here years ago that TNT is safer than the USA.

The fact is, most people from crime plagued islands of the Caribbean who can afford it run to North America to seek refuge. And after a three year wait since he last had his jackass droppings, he has finally found the proof in Las Vegas.

Further, the people of the USA, in particular the folks in Las Vegas, don't need gloating from an insensitive uneducated fool...that's the last thing they would need in aftermath of this senseless tragedy.

Andy99 2017-10-05 09:28:19 

I'll just leave this link here.

bravos 2017-10-05 10:01:54 

In reply to Andy99

Thanks we saw those vids already and damn this really proves my point when you compare it to the local vids on that page,it really overshadows all,damn!

There are some even more disturbing vids of atrocities in the US that makes us look like boy scouts,but thanks for the comparison.

Not to mention deadly armed robberies,they take the cake as well.

Also the rate of police officers killed is the highest in any part of the world,I tell ya as much as it's bad in the Caribbean they have it badder with many more ways for decent law abiding people to be killed...geez.

Thanks for the clear perspective.

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-05 10:41:02 

In reply to bravos

...But who knows what life may throw at you and where you may end up,but the fact is today you have to be careful anywhere, even in any democratic country,but more careful in America.

Central & South America? _cnn

bravos 2017-10-05 10:54:24 

You don;t think I know this,clearly you haven't read my points,the US is a very different wrt to the random nature of the attacks and the high value places where the carnage occurs,in other words,the heart of society....you telling me the few places in T&T where the gang killings take place is the heart of our society?

Of course we know T&T is much higher,,but where in T&T? certainly not at the mall or movie or concert,so be careful in those places that's all,on the other hand we can be less careful that's all,you want to take that from us too?

Do you know we are yet to reach the proportions of NY and LA of the past?

bravos 2017-10-05 11:06:32 

It's almost as if some of you're saying that those are sophisticated attacks and people from smaller places should shut up and keep out.

The fact remains that in the US anyone is fair game anywhere,and anyone can be your killer.

bravos 2017-10-05 11:31:57 

"Gangs are greatly responsible for crime and violence in the Caribbean," the report reads. Statistics showed that people living in gang neighborhoods were more likely to be victimized, especially by assaults or threats. Worst affected was the capital of Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain, were around 60 percent of victims also reported gang presence where they lived.

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-05 11:39:13 

In reply to bravos

It's almost as if some of you're saying that those are sophisticated attacks and people from smaller places should shut up and keep out.
I'm not fighting with you boss. I read the entire thread. Understand what you're saying, but still have some reservations on some outlandish claims. That's all. lol

The fact remains that in the US anyone is fair game anywhere,and anyone can be your killer.
Sure and that goes for the ENTIRE world as well.

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-05 11:42:54 

In reply to bravos

Worst affected was the capital of Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain, were around 60 percent of victims
POS not the "heart of your society?" cool

bravos 2017-10-05 11:51:24 

Pal you clearly don't understand,East POS has the deadliest gang ghettos in T&T,places only residents go,from Beetham to Nelson St and are the areas which I mentioned...it's on the fringes and many elevated areas overlooking POS,and yet none of the murderers with machine guns have shot anyone other than their fellow gangsters past Nelson st. People who are 'straight' are left alone and even protected,"nah he nuh in nutten".

the manning admin had a gentrificatinon plan for the area but he wasn't there to see it through,it was going to be transformed to good real estate. When I speak of gang holes East POS is the #1..and make no mistake we're talking about one or 2 blocks if so much,it's like driving past a cloud at the precise line where it stops raining..they do not leave their holes,they cannot venture far.

This is going full cirlce..

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-05 14:43:47 

In reply to bravos

Fair enough. You gave an insider perspective. All well and good.

An outsider like me and ANY other visitors, will read "Gangs in Port of Spain"... and they would think twice about going. No need to dig any deeper for any explanation.

Perception is REALITY.

TnT is also known for stories of kidnapping. That's another black-eye on your dear Twin Island Republic.

Just sayin...

When people say TnT... it's the first thing(s) that comes to their mind what matters.

RemainsUnknown 2017-10-05 14:54:03 

Oh rass... after Bravos said crime happens only in certain areas I decided to do a quick google search on TnT.

Here is an example of the TOP result of "How dangerous is Trinidad:"

Crime in Trinidad & Tobago: Here's How to Stay Safe

Trinidad and Tobago has some pretty disturbing crime statistics, and frightening stories when it comes to attacks on tourists. But, there are ways to stay safe, so don’t cross it off your travel wish-list just yet.

Attacks on tourists are increasing on both islands, with crime being a major issue all year round, not just in peak tourist season around Carnival and Christmas.

If you are traveling to Trinidad and Tobago, travel there with someone you trust, never do things alone, do all sightseeing during daylight hours, and always carry a mobile phone in case of an emergency.

Crime Hot Spots
Highway Robbery
ATM Scam
Other Crime Issues

more here:article

Crime Hot Spots in Trinidad and Tobago

Many incidents involving firearms occur in tourist populated sites such as Fort George, the Pitch Lake, Las Cuevas beach, shopping malls, nightclubs and restaurants, which are primarily targets for robberies.

There are a few regions known to be more dangerous in the capital, Port of Spain on Trinidad, including; Laventille, Morvant, Sea Lots, South Belmont, and the inside of the Queen’s Park Savannah. At night steer clear of scenic rest stops and downtown Port of Spain.

Isolated beaches known for high crime rates are Englishman's Bay, Las Cuevas, just beyond Maracas Bay, and King Peter's Bay.

At the Hotel, at the Airport, at Maracas Beach...The Beetham Highway, At the ATM......Say it isn't so......
shock shock shock shock shock

bravos 2017-10-05 20:33:54 

Maybe isolated incidents...google your key words and see for yourself..like Maracas beach,shopping malls etc with robbery shooting etc,never heard about that..well Beetham is Beetham no arguments there,an area smaller than 2 NY city blocks between a highway and a main road..

English man's bay in Tobago? Really? Maybe isolated incident, Las Cuevas bay really? Never heard about that,the police on the North Coast lives are like a vacation,they have nothing to do,couple weed men up there and the odd bust but that's it..

Bro just google and find me the related articles,I know a foreign couple was attacked in Tobago and that threw off everything Tobago is really known for...it really hurt Tobagonians..

T&T's robbery and similar crime rates over the last few years have been the lowest in 30 years,robberies,burglaries,theft etc..actually Trinidad and the Caribbean are below the world average for such crimes..so if it's happening here it's happening more elsewhere also..and I can bring up similar blogs about Barbados etc..

Anything I type I can back up ok...T&T ain't no Rio or Caracas ok..not close..

che 2017-10-05 23:08:38 

Maaan tits setta bonkers psychos dem waste disyah fine fox shock

link text

bravos 2017-10-05 23:34:00 

In reply to che

You cuck that was her man at home,wasn't a mass killing of random people at a nice public place,stay on point cuck.

sgtdjones 2017-10-06 11:44:06 

In reply to che

The amount of gun violence in America is exceptional in the world, it has a profound impact on our way of life, and inflicts massive amounts of suffering.
Most studies show that countries that combine easy access to weapons and a large wealth gap also have high levels of gun violence.

Those are the knobs we have available to turn, and politicians have a responsibility to create laws to protect it's citizens in spite of cultural wars.

While I appreciate the fear a sect of the US have of losing their second amendment rights, but if as a nation continue to allow that irrational fear to control laws, USA will need to live with 110,000 people being shot a year of which 35,000 will die.

Semi-automatic weapons have no place in the hands of citizens. They are too lethal. Banning them will not 'stop' attacks by deranged lunatics. However, a ban would , very significantly limit the carnage.

sgtdjones 2017-10-06 11:58:55 

With rights comes responsibility. For a very long time we accepted that there was nothing we could do about drunk drivers killing people in car accidents. Alcohol is legal therefore drunk drivers were a price we had to accept. M.A.D.D. changed the conversation in this country.

Before M.A.D.D. an estimated 21,000 people died each year due to drunk drivers. Thanks to this group the drinking age was raised, stronger legislation was passed for those who were guilty of DUI's, and a national definition of .08 was established to determine what the definition of legally drunk is.

Owing to the 2nd amendment guns will always be a part of the US culture. But to refuse to allow the CDC to research and determine what regulations need to be put in place at the national level to save lives is ridiculous.

USA should require that all guns must be kept in a gun cabinet, anyone who uses a gun in a crime should be charged at the federal level, rapid-fire guns should be as heavily regulated as automatic weapons and sawed-off shotguns, and should limit the number of bullets held in a magazine.

In the US one sees the do-nothing attitude that so many on the right have about gun violence. Choosing to do nothing makes US political leaders complicit in the death of every American who could have been saved if the US had sensible regulations.
The above makes to much sense, America will not comply to such .

bravos 2017-10-06 12:25:01 

In reply to sgtdjones

Tell em Jonesy !!

sgtdjones 2017-10-06 12:42:04 

The Founding Fathers fashioned a Second Amendment right to bear arms in a rural farming hunting and gathering nation full of enslaved Africans and free Natives without any full time professional local police force or national military, in order to defend the divine natural equal certain unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness of white Anglo-Saxon Protestant men like them who owned property.

The white American majority is aging and shrinking with a below replacement level birthrate and shortened life expectancy due to drug addiction, alcoholism, depression, and suicide. Perhaps "dark loneliness and evil" fearfully marks and makes America's white majority armed soul more than we know, imagine and can accept.

What chance, pray tell, do more restrictive gun laws stand when a third of Americans deny dinosaurs ever existed, just because it ruins the first few pages of a 2000-year-old fantasy called the Bible.

Then when people who ought to be psychiatric patients are in charge of the asylum, don't expect much to change.