This is why the US is officially more dangerous

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 
link bravos Joined: Oct 14, 2009
10/4/17 8:42:07 PM 
In reply to Khaga

Dias all ah have,we ain have nukes and I cyar buy 40 machine gun if I wanted to.. cool

link nick2020 Joined: Jul 2, 2012
10/4/17 9:20:52 PM 
In reply to bravos

Quarrels among criminals fighting for the right to distribute drugs to the USA and guns supplied by the USA and resulting in particular areas accounting for 80% of murders cannot be an accurate gauge of a country's real danger to the general random public,real danger to the general public is what we witnessed couple days ago in Las Vegas among many many examples in many public areas..

I was waiting for the "isolated incidents" position.

I will take everything you said as fact - 80% of the murders in Trinidad are bad people killing bad people.

Can a neighbourhood be safe with that many bad people? Or to go further you are laying a population where this 80% are into drugs and killing others in the drug trade and that is it.

Impossible? No. But difficult to believe. I think the issue with Trinidad is the corruption. It is beyond me how Dana Seetahal's murder went unpunished. But then again a man who staged a coup is free as a bird. That is your problem right there.

10/4/17 9:57:34 PM 
In reply to nick2020

I'm not asking you about the % ,I am telling you,you have no clue what those idiots kill each other for,they actually keep regular people out of their quarrels,"he not in nutten" ...Also there are many good people killing bad people here too,trust me...it's a fact,those same people wouldn't hurt a law abiding fly...

I'm not saying there aren't sick unruly fucks,I'll happily gun dem down if I catch them distressing good people,i certainly would not intervene if their targets are similarly known to the police,and our problem after everything else as of today is legal reform and drugs drugs drugs,we are actually buffering for places like Bim,if T&T wasn't where it is Bim woulda bin the next transshipment point..

The dynamics are very different even only a few miles away..we have Spanish road signs ffs..

10/4/17 10:02:50 PM 
In reply to nick2020

I think the issue with Trinidad is the corruption. It is beyond me how Dana Seetahal's murder went unpunished. But then again a man who staged a coup is free as a bird. That is your problem right there.

And you talking on a flawed platform,don't fall in that trap..

Men have been charged and before the court with Dana's murder.

And Abubakr was freed by the privy council,it was all legal..he was just more crafty than the Gov't,I think his freedom sent the wrong message and was the main catalyst to the impunity we see today..still not as bad as active shooters mass murdering,not even Abubakr did that.

10/4/17 10:16:52 PM 
In reply to bravos

Men have been charged and before the court with Dana's murder.

I may not live long enough to see it come to naught.

And Abubakr was freed by the privy council,it was all legal

I want you to reconcile what he did and again use that phrase "it was all legal". The man shot the Prime Minister bravos. Legal?

From Wikipedia:

They were tried for treason, but the Court of Appeal upheld the amnesty offered to secure their surrender, and they were released. The Privy Council later invalidated the amnesty, but the Muslimeen members were not re-arrested.

Haves and have nots bravos. That is often the root cause to crime. People need to believe - whether real or imaginary - that there is a chance of fairness and upward mobility. That the people ( edit: law abiding citizens) at the bottom can rise to the top and the people at the top can crash to the bottom. This creates balance.

10/4/17 10:21:17 PM 
In reply to nick2020

Padna I am very outspoken about Bakr's negative effect on our country,but my point is due process was observed,it was no kangaroo court or banana republic process,it went the distance ..

F@ck Abubakr..

oh and there were more have not's in T&T when our murder rate was among the lowest in the world.

I repeat we need legal reform...

10/4/17 10:22:46 PM 
In reply to bravos

Okay. But it was not "legal".

10/4/17 10:23:39 PM 
In reply to bravos

Btw this is the problem Barbados is facing.

The haves and have nots.

10/4/17 10:26:03 PM 
In reply to nick2020

Nah that's the rude boys with their big expensive gold chain,even if,it's still a choice..we just have to limit their options so they would make better choices,even by force (educational programs after conviction to qualify for reintegration etc).

Educate/enlighten them by default.

link birdseye Joined: Mar 24, 2004
10/4/17 10:30:13 PM 
So much negativity – why, negativity sells? You read this thread and one would think the only thing going on in the world and the US in particular is advanced criminality….. Someone posted yesterday that 3 US citizens won the Nobel Prize for physics………any accumulation of three hundred and twenty millions of anything – you going to find some serious defects….. the Las Vegas situation is an extreme tragedy – but I am sure that can be juxtapose against maybe three million immigrants in the US that are being advantaged to an extent that is not happening anywhere else in the world

There have been so many young people who have entered the US with less than $100 – who have gone on to be accomplished individuals – who can now live in any zip code they chose - I don’t think there is another country in the world that has provided this kind of advancement opportunity for ordinary folks……. I bitch about the inequities of the US all the time – but the US is not all abbot inequities – and God knows there is a lot of it----- several young people from the Caribbean went to join ISIS – would any of such do what the Las Vegas did --- I guess if you leave the Caribbean and migrate to Syria – what you think? ------ just a contrary opinion

Yes the country elected President Carbuncle ------ that I don’t think West Indians would do – jus show that there are more Carbuncles in the US

10/4/17 10:45:51 PM 
In reply to birdseye

This is a discussion is about a very disturbing event in US and world history and far from anything 'Nobel' or anything peaceful,denial not going to solve that problem,if you didn't know this problem is becoming more prevalent in the US,so much so that the last record has been broken just a year after.

Of course life is more than this and that's my point,my country and yours are much more than a per capita murder rate and the UN has acknowledged that,just like the US is much more than mass shootings,but the mass shootings are becoming much more,so what next an attack on West Indian Parade day by some WI hater with machine guns? I have plenty family in the US and it's very concerning.

Any way enough time has been expended on this topic ,full circle here,all the best to everyone at home and abroad..Later.

link black Joined: Feb 28, 2004
10/4/17 10:58:27 PM 
In reply to birdseye

Well said.

10/4/17 11:02:25 PM 
In reply to bravos
thanks bro - much love ----
The more I live the more I realize we have not made as much civilized (civil) progress as we seem to think --- president Carbuncle has unmasked the underbelly of American bigotry that I frankly did not know ever existed – let alone still prevalent – the human condition is way more fucked up than I ever imagined – stay well ---
car alert – been reading up on the 440 X-drive – may move to one soon---0 to 60 in 4 seconds, -- 0 to 100 in 9 seconds – I wont do it but exciting to know you can

big grin

10/4/17 11:25:42 PM 
In reply to birdseye

Ah swear I was going to ask you about your next target!!

I looking at probably the new Benz E class,Benz really take the cake this rounds,it's normally like that between them and BMW,they have their seasons.

BMW still haven't been able to create an M5 to rival the E63..0-60 3.2 ffs!! and great handling,something BMW always had on them..

BMW have been so good in the past that they had to detune cheaper cars because their performance were rivaling the M's,I think your old 335 was one of them..and I see they persist,lol..

I think any off the shelf car 4 seconds 0-60 is amazing,not too long ago that was Ferrari and Lambo exclusive territory,now they have to be careful not to cannibalize sales of more 'sporty' models!! lol nice problem for consumers!

10/4/17 11:41:08 PM 
In reply to bravosthat Benz is amazing on looks - i dont know about performance - yes - that 335 was the best - i keep wanting to hang on the the 435 --- my problem is that after 3 years then comes repair bills - i so much rather the installment payments - meet a guy at the service center 2 weeks ago crying about beeing charged 5 grand for some service and that there was still more work to be done - apparently he took the SUV to a quack and now BMW have to repair the Quackry --- i been down that road - wont travel it again - if i can help it

10/4/17 11:55:13 PM 
In reply to birdseye

Tell me about it,after 4 years with my E60 530i in the mid 2000's the maintenance bills were getting crazy,one came in at $25,000 TT (you could buy a lil nissan sunny taxi man car with that!) for software upgrades,a faulty 'hot' wire the whole length of the car as the battery was in trunk..(cost me 2 big ass batteries too,the rubbish truck man laughing at me still) and a couple other lil things like rain sensor and abs sensors!

Yeah and Benz ahead on numbers this generation..they also have some mid range affordable factory hot rods.

All ah dem nice too bad yes,imagine we reach so far as a world that 2 Caribbean man critiquing the best of Stuttgart!! Although per capita we may be in the minority,but who cares about per capita anyway,it's about the broader experience!! lol

10/5/17 12:01:10 AM 
Allyuh

Allyuh better take care cutissy ain retire like jamgyal eh.

Man run away and throwing all kinda rants from afar to no avail,remind me of dem dustbin terrier only barking and rushing and when yuh pelt dem dey run away and start barking from quite up de road by de nex corner..

link Courtesy Joined: Apr 16, 2009
10/5/17 6:38:19 AM 
Finally I ask, which individual in their right senses would start a thread and use a tragedy just to defend his crazy notion mouthed here years ago that TNT is safer than the USA.

The fact is, most people from crime plagued islands of the Caribbean who can afford it run to North America to seek refuge. And after a three year wait since he last had his jackass droppings, he has finally found the proof in Las Vegas.

Further, the people of the USA, in particular the folks in Las Vegas, don't need gloating from an insensitive uneducated fool...that's the last thing they would need in aftermath of this senseless tragedy.

link Andy99 Joined: Aug 19, 2009
10/5/17 9:28:19 AM 

10/5/17 10:01:54 AM 
In reply to Andy99

Thanks we saw those vids already and damn this really proves my point when you compare it to the local vids on that page,it really overshadows all,damn!

There are some even more disturbing vids of atrocities in the US that makes us look like boy scouts,but thanks for the comparison.

Not to mention deadly armed robberies,they take the cake as well.

Also the rate of police officers killed is the highest in any part of the world,I tell ya as much as it's bad in the Caribbean they have it badder with many more ways for decent law abiding people to be killed...geez.

Thanks for the clear perspective.

link RemainsUnknown Joined: Apr 15, 2005
10/5/17 10:41:02 AM 
In reply to bravos

...But who knows what life may throw at you and where you may end up,but the fact is today you have to be careful anywhere, even in any democratic country,but more careful in America.

Central & South America? _cnn

10/5/17 10:54:24 AM 
In reply to RemainsUnknown

You don;t think I know this,clearly you haven't read my points,the US is a very different wrt to the random nature of the attacks and the high value places where the carnage occurs,in other words,the heart of society....you telling me the few places in T&T where the gang killings take place is the heart of our society?

Of course we know T&T is much higher,,but where in T&T? certainly not at the mall or movie or concert,so be careful in those places that's all,on the other hand we can be less careful that's all,you want to take that from us too?

Do you know we are yet to reach the proportions of NY and LA of the past?

10/5/17 11:06:32 AM 
It's almost as if some of you're saying that those are sophisticated attacks and people from smaller places should shut up and keep out.

The fact remains that in the US anyone is fair game anywhere,and anyone can be your killer.

10/5/17 11:31:57 AM 
"Gangs are greatly responsible for crime and violence in the Caribbean," the report reads. Statistics showed that people living in gang neighborhoods were more likely to be victimized, especially by assaults or threats. Worst affected was the capital of Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain, were around 60 percent of victims also reported gang presence where they lived.

link RemainsUnknown Joined: Apr 15, 2005
10/5/17 11:39:13 AM 
In reply to bravos

It's almost as if some of you're saying that those are sophisticated attacks and people from smaller places should shut up and keep out.
I'm not fighting with you boss. I read the entire thread. Understand what you're saying, but still have some reservations on some outlandish claims. That's all. lol

The fact remains that in the US anyone is fair game anywhere,and anyone can be your killer.
Sure and that goes for the ENTIRE world as well.

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  next