Mohammed
Ambris
Ramdin
Holder
Bishoo
Roach
A Joseph
Gabriel
This would have been my selection, others may differ, however, we all have an opinion and a right to voice it. Those who differ please list your choices and not just disagree with my choices.

link DIEHARD Joined: Jan 12, 2006
10/4/17 12:05:59 PM 
In reply to azadtnt

I love dat XI..Lil B for JMo ideally..but given Lil B's unavailability..and I also would have no issue with Hamilton for Ramdin..he was in fine form regionally...but he been jus home watching TV and short of cricket.so Ramdin's experience gives him an edge, but 6 may be too high for Ramdin.

Oh and i would play Blackwood at 6 over Ramdin, try Ambris with the gloves.

I would like to give JMo a go, but not at the expense of Blackwood..

link Andy99 Joined: Aug 19, 2009
10/4/17 12:07:17 PM 
Madness this squad.

link SirGarny Joined: Nov 13, 2002
10/4/17 1:40:24 PM 
In reply to Wally-1

What do you have against Dowrich apart from him having a bad series..This youngster has the goods.

Goods? Where? Show us? cause me cyaaaaan seeeet!
cry cry

link SirGarny Joined: Nov 13, 2002
10/4/17 1:42:59 PM 
In reply to thefacts

Powell: 15 Tests and 29 innings, Not a single score of 50

Powell does have a couple of test centuries doesn't he?

wink confused confused

link openning Joined: Nov 13, 2002
10/4/17 2:22:48 PM 
In reply to thefacts

Kyle Hope: This is again, a passport based selection. How he keeps J Mo out of the side, beats me.

Thie same player who find it hard to be selected for a Barbados team, is the captain of the TTCB 4-day team.
Now thats funny

link Andy99 Joined: Aug 19, 2009
10/4/17 2:50:15 PM 
In reply to openning

Captain of this team:

rinidad and Tobago Red Force
1. Kyle Hope (Captain)
2. Isaiah Rajah
3. Jeremy Solozano
4. Jyd Goolie
5. Nicholas Alexis
6. Anderson Phillip
7. Steven Katwaroo
8. Imran Khan
9. Yannic Cariah
10. Khary Pierre
11. Bryan Charles
12. Sheldon Cottrell
13. Marlon Richards

link dayne Joined: May 29, 2007
10/4/17 9:26:22 PM 
I do not understand the selection of the team, the conditions will be different in Zimbabwe than it was in England, why not another spinner, it looks like they are putting a lot of faith in Bishoo.

link thefacts Joined: May 17, 2008
10/4/17 11:35:07 PM 
In reply to SirGarny

THE FACTS

1. LAST 15 Tests and 29 innings -- Meaning he has gone so many matches/innings without a score of 50. Ofcourse, 1X50 vs Zimbabwe and all the BOOT LICKERS will pyss/kum in their drawers.

Had Powell been a Muddie, Tittie or Yardie, he would not have got half-the-chances he has been given.

Recent Examples.
Hetmyer, dropped after 2 tests.
Vishaul dropped after 2 tests
Johnson dropped after 9 tests.

Powell does have a couple of test centuries doesn't he?

2. Yup, he does. Last 2 came in the same test vs Bangladesh in Nov, 2012 (5 YEARS BACK)

3. Powell's Career Stats Summary -> Tests: 27, Avg: 26 -- Johnson, Hetmyer, Deonarine all got the boot for lesser failures. But no sir, BOOT LICKERS ARE ALWAYS SPECIAL.

4. For many years it was Devon Smith, who was the DOTTIE QUOTA PICK and now Keiran Powell.

THESE ARE THE FACTS. AND THEY ARE UNDISPUTED.

FUNNY AS FCUK

HA HA HA

link Pacy Joined: Dec 1, 2002
10/5/17 5:29:10 AM 
In reply to thefacts

That is going to be the biggest issue... Now a 50 by Powell / Dowrich and a 2-3 wicket haul by cummins is going to give them a trip to New Zealand. Clearly meaning that, inspite of losing we do not trying to fine tune the gaps.

10/5/17 5:50:21 AM 
In reply to Pacy

why are we fooling ourselves... its so obvious how the "QUOTA" and "BOOT LICKING" criteria is being used for selection.

"Windies" team is a FARCE. Zero Accountability. Players are being picked without any performance criteria... In short, Its a personal club.

10/5/17 10:46:42 AM 
In reply to Pacy

and to top it all ... for a tour to Zimbabwe, low-slow pitches where spinners have a big impact,.. NO SECOND SPINNER IN THE SIDE.

Instead we have Raymon Reifer, (RELATED TO LORD OF BOOT LICKERS (Floyd Reifer)) in the squad.

Raymon was a tourist in England and gets another paid vacation to Zimbabwe. By all odds, he will be on the flight to NZ too, as BOOT LICKERS will say, how can Raymon be dropped if he hasn't played... when the issue is why is he on the squad in the first place?

Would it not have been better to have a Permaul, Miller or Warricann as backup spinner?

Honestly, this ALL IS A FARCE.

There is no criteria for selection. Its a PERSONAL CLUB!

10/5/17 12:50:32 PM 
In reply to thefacts

Raymon was a tourist in England and gets another paid vacation to Zimbabwe. By all odds, he will be on the flight to NZ too, as BOOT LICKERS will say, how can Raymon be dropped if he hasn't played... when the issue is why is he on the squad in the first place?

Thats a question you should put to the Guyana Amazon.
The same question you should put to the TTCB, re Kyle Hope

10/5/17 1:10:01 PM 
In reply to openning

That question is solely the responsibility of the Selectors of West Indies to answer

Common sense that

But then, BOOT LICKERS not known for Common Sense

FUNNY AS FCUK

HA HA HA

10/5/17 1:50:29 PM 
In reply to thefacts

It does take one Boot Licker to know other Boot Lickers.
So are you licking the players you want on the team, Boots?
BTW, Why is Ramdin not playing for TTCB, is that the Boot Lickers fault?

link Priapus Joined: Dec 30, 2014
10/5/17 4:02:41 PM 
In reply to CITYBOY

Courtney got a lot of guts

Actually that would be the bowling coach Roddy Estwick.

link natty_forever Joined: Apr 28, 2003
10/5/17 4:38:09 PM 
In reply to DIEHARD... I would love a wkt-keeper that can bat at 6.

link dayne Joined: May 29, 2007
10/5/17 5:38:14 PM 
In reply to thefacts

Selector Browne seem to be giving the Caribbean region the ' one finger salute ', by selecting players base on Nationality and not on merit or the need of the WI team. I could agree with the inclusion of Kyle Hope, he is there as the back up opener, but I cannot agree with the selection of Reifer, I still do not know how to classify him, I doubt Reifer could make the Barbados team on merit. Cummins also is becoming an iffy selection, he has gone on many tours now and does not seem to improve.

link brians_da_best Joined: Nov 13, 2002
10/5/17 7:18:57 PM 
I agree with the idea of an unchanged team. We did well in the tests and this team deserves to be persisted with for another couple of series, at least, as long as there is progress. The only addition could be Ambris, as an additional member, getting some time with the senior squad

10/5/17 10:16:30 PM 
In reply to dayne

Selection of Powell, Reifer and Cummins is pure hungheap QUOTA and BOOT LICKING selection criteria!

And everyone saw Dowrich(s) keeping, yet the FARCE continues.

Pick Hamilton or Ambris, if Ramdin is untouchable

But THE DOTTIE QUOTA already full.

The most blatantly biased selection is that of Raymon Reifer

link clokey Joined: Feb 13, 2003
10/6/17 1:23:26 AM 
Funnily enough, I don't have a problem with the the squad and can completely understand why it's unchanged.

In an important series like this one, when you want to build on the gains made in England, consistency is important.

At Birmingham and Lords, these boys played for each other - the unity in the team was quite impressive. They genuinely like each other and seem to be focused on one goal.

Kyle Hope was unlucky on occasions (worst run out imaginable comes to mind) and not good enough against the best fast bowler in the world in wildly-swinging conditions on other occasions. I think it’s prudent to give him a crack at Zimbabwe to find out more about him. If he fails again, so be it.

I have seen Dorwich make some really classy and important runs prior to the English series, where he certainly disappointed both in front of and behind the stumps. He did smash a century in the trial match and will know that he needs to improve in both disciplines to make the flight to NZ. This is a good test of his character. Does he have it in him to buckle down and make himself undroppable by dominating in Zim?

Miguel Cummins is the one I have a little less time for. Nothing more than an honest cricketer that needs conditions firmly in his favour to make an impact. One would hope he’s just holding a place, being a sound professional while we wait for some of the kids to break through. If I had to drop anyone, it would be him, but I’m not opposed to putting him on the plane - but I’d like to see Joseph played ahead of him.

Powell batted well at Lords - to me, he looked like a man desperate to work on flaws being exposed in swinging conditions and made some gutsy runs on a surface that everyone struggled on. I think he has runs in him in Zim and think he deserves a last chance.

This tour is the PERFECT opportunity to find out more about this squad and what changes can be made ahead of the NZ tour. We know that Darren Bravo could be a key inclusion. We know that Ramdin and perhaps Ambris and hopefully Pooran could be knocking down Dorwich’s door soon. We know there are options building.

Let’s make those options work even harder to gain inclusion.

Other nations like Australia give struggling players a ‘live kill’ against weaker teams all the time - it’s a successful tactic when it comes to maintaining team unity, helping players they rate highly get back into form and forcing incumbents to work even harder to break into the side.

Should the Windies win the series 2-0, they will be 5 wins and 6 losses from their last 11 matches heading into NZ with a serious chance to climb the rankings for the first time since colour screens were introduced to TV.

Funnily enough, I’m really looking forward to seeing how these boys go. Zimbabwe will be taking this quite seriously and it won’t be a walk in the park.

Let's not go and burn down the selectors' house and claim selection conspiracy theories just yet. I think some consistency and more time playing together and learning one-another's game is a good thing.

10/6/17 2:04:17 AM 
In reply to clokey

What about players who are not being picked? What about having a FAIR SELECTION CRITERIA based on performances?
The careers of the players who are being left out are impacted for life. Is it fair?

Imagine at your work place, you are never promoted or given good assignments, because the criteria is based solely on region (or any non-performance related criteria)

Its NO co-incidence that all the "questionable" selections are of Bajans and Dotties

Powell hasn't got a 50 in last 15 Tests.
So can we say from now on, when J Mo & Lewis get a chance, they should get 15 Tests minimum as Powell etc have Got... because earlier Johnson, Hety, Gaja, Deonarine (NON BOOT LICKERS) etc didn'get this kind of extended run which Bajans and Dotties are getting.

Dowrich can't keep properly, so can we say, the next WK will also be judged only by batting? and speaking of Batting, Dowrich is horribly out of form, and i frankly don't know what is he being selected for... apart from his passport.
So can we say the same relaxed selection criteria will be done for others?

and what about Raymon Reifer??? How does he keep a second spinner out of the squad?? whether its Permaul, Miller or anyone...

how does Raymon Reifer even qualify to be in the squad in the first place? WI have 2 all-rounders already in Chase and Cappo. And we have 5 seamers in Cappo, Roach, Gabriel, Cummins and Joseph. Then where does Raymon fit as a 3rd all-rounder or 6th seamer option shock ... and incredibly we don't have a second spinner option? THIS IS JUST PURE CRAP SELECTION!!!!!!

You Sir, are either NAIVE or a COMPLETE FRAUD.

Either ways, I don't have time for BOOT LICKERS.

FUNNY AS FCUK

HA HA HA

10/6/17 7:47:17 AM 
In reply to openning... why you bringing in club cricket into West Indies selection, like Kyle is the first FC bully. You whining.

10/6/17 7:52:06 AM 
In reply to clokey
This tour is the PERFECT opportunity to find out more about this squad and what changes can be made ahead of the NZ tour.
... disagree as NZ is ranked way higher than Zim, therefore, performances could be just fools gold. NZ test will more define who stays or who goes. I have suggestions on who should and who shouldn't, but will hold that thought for now.

link mittheimp Joined: Dec 19, 2003
10/6/17 9:44:11 AM 
There is just 1 warm up game then straight into the 2 tests - meanwhile an A team game is being played in the caribbean - therefore the squad makes some sense.

Hetmyre will bat at 3.... so what is the point of bringing in someone else to not play? They may as well play in the A team game.

Dowich is lucky to be retained but if they feel he really has the goods then keeping him for the Zim tour makes sense.

Joseph will be 4th choice seamer - anyone else added to the squad again will likely just sit.

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  next