The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

DID DARREN BRAVO GET SHAFTED?

XDFIX 2017-10-03 23:10:14 

Link Text

mikesiva 2017-10-04 02:18:05 

In reply to XDFIX

Darren playing in the Bangladesh t20s early next month when the second test starts. I'm sure he is not bothered.

jen 2017-10-04 02:19:12 

In reply to XDFIX

From what I know, Lil B is the one who said he's not available for this series. Apparently, the selectors were gonna go with him...

positiveg 2017-10-04 02:47:15 

In reply to XDFIX

Some those papers.. just like to cause confusion
Most of us know that Bravo was already playing, as well as most we players, in the BPL and some in the Big Bash series.
And the BPL would be wrapping up around the time when we away series vs NZ supposed to start.
This Zam series was just a lately put together series by both boards so at least the players who aren't in the BPL gets a chance to get some cricket in before NZ and make a money.

POINT 2017-10-04 08:35:22 

LOYALTY IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD .

TO USE A REGIONAL EXPRESSION :

" SAME KNIFE STICK SHEEP ALSO STICK

GOAT ".

When you disrespect a Person , by Lying regarding what Level Contract
he had ; and then punished him twice
for the same offense , without according him DUE PROCESS ; and a
Hearing by Our Disciplinary Committee
It is asinine to believe or think that Person would quickly forget what happened, and show Loyalty to YOU.

The matter between Cameron & Bravo
was caused by the utter Stupidity of Cameron , who in his total Arrogance
refused to ascertain what level Contract Bravo had , no doubt he thought that was a trifling matter .

However that was not the case . Bravo
took umbrage of the fact that Cameron
made a Statement that was untrue ; and in the heat of the moment called Cameron a Big Idiot .

As Always the Boot Lickers in the Media rushed to defend Cameron , which was not surprising . Bravo was
to the Media Public Enemy NO 1.

Bravo was ordered to return to the Region . For his Tweet , he was punished by being ordered by the WICBC/CWI to go Home .

Bravo was not accorded DUE PROCESS , in essence he was never given an opportunity to state his case .

Now the WICBC/CWI has a Disciplinary
Committee ; that Committee was bypassed ..Bravo was then punished a second time by being not selected to represent the Region . Obviously this means that Bravo was punished Twice for the same Offense .

This whole matter had its genesis in the fact that Cameron as the President of the WICBC/CWI had an obligation to ascertain what level Contract Bravo had before making his Statement .

The fact that he did not do that demonstrates that he thought that was
unimportant . It may have been unimportant to him , but it was not to Bravo .

Once again , WE have tangible proof
of the fact that the People in the WICBC/CWI do not think not knowing
what Level Contract Players have is important . It aptly demonstrates that the WICBC/CWI has scant respect for its Players .

jballer84 2017-10-04 10:02:39 

In reply to jen

Is Bravo interested in resuming his career or not? This is getting ridiculous.

Maispwi 2017-10-04 11:51:07 

In reply to jballer84

Why should Lil B be willing to give up his BPL stint after receiving a NOC, for a hastily arranged tour, unless WI were willing to buy out his contract?

After all the last time he did something like this, his retainer level was reduced and de Big Idiotgate surfaced. Ent dey say once bitten twice shy?

jballer84 2017-10-05 13:01:49 

In reply to Maispwi

Because he's not an established t20 superstar. He will find it difficult to start in a lot of these franchises not named TKR. Therefore it's in his best interest to develop his game on the international scene and then he will secure very big contracts. If he's not able to see past the lil money they laying him now he's just not that sharp.

Ray123 2017-10-06 09:48:04 

In reply to jballer84

These same ppl that encouraging the youngster to put his career on the back burner will be the ones complaining when he is left in the wilderness.

jballer84 2017-10-06 09:50:57 

In reply to Ray123

Yup. We know the west Indies is vindictive and frankly I would not blame them. When bravo does not get an ipl contract next year, when his already low t20 stocks diminish he will come running back. If I know wicb they won't be doing him any favors

Drapsey 2017-10-06 14:52:40 

Why don't you guys just leave Bravo alone?

In my opinion, the Little Idiot and the BIG IDIOT are equally deserving of each other.

DIEHARD 2017-10-06 15:08:02 

Yup. We know the west Indies is vindictive and frankly I would not blame them. When bravo does not get an ipl contract next year, when his already low t20 stocks diminish he will come running back. If I know wicb they won't be doing him any favors

and even if he never sets foot on an IPL field during a match...he prolly would have made more than he would have made going on every single WI team tour.

This is why the board needs to do a much better job...managing its assets

CITYBOY 2017-10-06 19:27:11 

Hola..he gyal shaft he again..poor boy....SAmmy will fix him up.
Adios
CB

tc1 2017-10-06 19:30:56 

In reply to CITYBOY

Not nice CB lol

CITYBOY 2017-10-06 19:50:37 

In reply to tc1

Hola...you are absolutely correct..I got carried away with the headline and I do apologise to Mr Darren Bravo...but you can see how the headline can make you think of smart ass remarks.
Adios
CB