DNA: humans and chimps

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  next 
link gvenkat Joined: Apr 7, 2003
10/5/17 4:37:03 PM 
In reply to Larr Pullo

Apart from Khaga name one chimp that turned into a human?

yo yo.. WTF? lol

link DukeStreet Joined: Dec 2, 2002
10/5/17 6:02:25 PM 
In reply to conman
what do you mean by different?
all creatures are different

Most, if not all, earth creatures are limited in what they can do.

We seem to have an infinite level of things we can do and create at any given time. Name any other known earth-bound creature that has the ability to do this.

lol

link DukeStreet Joined: Dec 2, 2002
10/5/17 6:04:54 PM 
In reply to Runs
Why is an extra terrestrial being leaving us here so far fetched? It would explain angels, lord of the world's etc razz
If they are in existence, they may be able to monitor things on earth and can fulfill biblical prophesies etc.

You are getting closer to the real questions, sir.
lol

link Ayenmol Joined: May 4, 2003
10/5/17 6:08:33 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet

They want others to explain themselves while claiming they got it all figured out, but they cannot answer the simplest questions.

Doh bother with them is bad mind they bad mind!

link Runs Joined: Jan 4, 2003
10/5/17 6:16:52 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet

For all you know we may have been convicts who they decided to banish to earth like the Brits did and send to Oz razz
If proven then this will so easily explain the pyramids etc as they are a way more advanced civilization.

link NineMiles Joined: Apr 23, 2007
10/5/17 6:29:10 PM 
In reply to Runs

For all you know we may have been convicts who they decided to banish to earth like the Brits did and send to Oz razz
If proven then this will so easily explain the pyramids etc as they are a way more advanced civilization.

You've been watching a re-run of Stargate I see! lol

link Runs Joined: Jan 4, 2003
10/5/17 6:33:55 PM 
In reply to NineMiles

lol could be staring at us right in the face all these centuries

link granite Joined: Nov 1, 2013
10/5/17 7:43:53 PM 
In reply to bravos
He goin kill me to bravs.

lol lol lol

link bravos Joined: Oct 14, 2009
10/5/17 8:20:41 PM 
In reply to granite

Doh study he,he calling me insecure but he's the one with all the imaginary friends including fathers,sons,concubines and angels !!

ROTFLMAO!! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

link Norm Joined: Nov 28, 2002
10/6/17 12:22:42 AM 
In reply to black
If Jesus was God, why didn't he let his followers know, the earth was round?

It was already known at that time that the Earth was round, with a circumference of about 40,000 km - because (Greek) Erastothenes had proven that about 500 years before. In any case, Jesus was more interested in how men behaved toward each other ("Love thy neighbor") than in their ability to exploit the Earth and each other.

Why didn't they have a basic concept of other planets without the solar system?

The concept of the "heavens" certainly existed at that time, along with the notion that the heavens were vast enough to contain other habitable "worlds".

How long is a biblical year?

Biblical year? You made that up, didn't you?
The annual cycle of the seasons, and its length, were known. Different calendars were in use at the time - Roman, Jewish, etc. These were organised differently, with the Roman calendar being somewhat similar to today's western calendar.

Why did he leave them open to be embarrassed by the scientific community, by exposing their ignorance and gross lack of knowledge?

Man, sometimes your own "ignorance" could be embarrassing. The "scientific community" in the time (and place) of Jesus consisted mostly of Persians (from whom came "the Three Wise Men") and Romans using Greek knowledge.
If you were referring to today's scientific community, then I would have to remind you that today's geniuses will also appear to be "exposing their ignorance and gross lack of knowledge" to generations 2000 years into the future.

And, how could they prove that Jesus was God, when his followers didn't have basic knowledge of his universe?
Wouldn't that knowledge, factor in making the determination if he is indeed, God?

So, proof is contingent upon knowledge and understanding, in your opinion. Thus, magnetism cannot be proven, according to such reasoning. You would probably also have magnetism rejected!

Furthermore, in your view "God" could only be "God" if men so determined! Nice! Man, armed with his science, now runs the universe!

10/6/17 12:39:44 AM 
In reply to black
Most biblical scholars and the religious community want evolution excluded from teaching in schools and other institutions.

The fact is that "creation" and "religion" are excluded from US public schools.
Do you think humans were this intelligent, thousands of years ago?

Naw! Men brought fire, weapons, the wheel, agriculture, cooking, etc, with them from chimpkind to mankind as they evolved. They built the pyramids, invented writing and math, made paper and gunpowder, etc, entirely by fluke.

Those stupid bastards of thousands of years ago could not possibly be intelligent - unless modern man determines this to be so! At least the poor things have something in common with "God".

Still, at the end of the day, this persistent inquiry into this subject is commendable, regardless of the spin placed on the subject.

10/6/17 12:52:29 AM 
In reply to pelon
that does serve as creationist evidence.

Have you ever looked at "creationist evidence"? Or, does uninformed cynicism pass for unbiased scientific methodology here?

link pelon Joined: Mar 22, 2008
10/6/17 7:54:17 AM 
In reply to Norm

In great detail and over many years. You may even remember, at this is one example, my detail analysis of the timelines of creation, as per Genesis.

The foolish assumptions made is that if you don't believe, you must not of investigated, or read or spent half your life in church.

Part of a systematic evidence based assessment is to look at all evidence, not one side.

You sir, may be underestimating my appreciation of the Bible as an important document. The difference only in literal interpretation blanketly

10/6/17 8:00:25 AM 
In reply to Norm

Nice attempt at reason. Pretty sure that went right over their heads because they are not interested in reason, just obnoxious ridicule of the beliefs of others.

Watch how not one of them will touch a single point you have eloquently made, they let it sit there, then come with a different line of attack without addressing a single point you addressed then eventually they come back to the same argument you just refuted without acknowledging your explanation of these points.

I have posted numerous times how in the days of Job, who lived even before Moses time, he described the Earth as suspended on nothing.
In questioning Job when job thought that Jehovah was responsible for his suffering (imagine that you still have people today who blame God for their suffering, like hurricanes, when the entire book of Job is a lesson that God is not the source of suffering.) Jehovah himself questios Job. Many of his questions to Job are based on Nature!

Read the book of Job! Those of you who seek understanding of why man suffers. Why we cannot question our Creator. He addresses horses, that is my favorite. He ask job why, why do horses run into battle unafraid? What other animal does that?

He talks about the wisdom given to certain animals, and not others. He singles out the Eagle as having the keener eyesight! Did discovery channel teach Job that? If it were simple Job making the argument? Has Science proven that wrong?
He questions Job on the laws governing the Earth and Heavens...How did Job know that the laws governing the Heavens are different from Earth's?

There are other books that tackle these subjects that are laughed at today. But the few times the Bible does, it is spot on!

Isaiah 40 speaks of the Circle of the Earth, in fact the Hebrew word he uses is more descriptive of a sphere! He speaks of the Heavens as a gauze!

There are no mention of Aliens in the Bible. No wild swings of imagination that have been disputed! Imagine that...66 books, 40 writers from all walks of life spanning 1600 years! Yet not once while talking about the Earth or Heaven did they mention anything that can be proven wrong!

All the laws given to the Israelites can be explained as having benefits! Laws on hygiene stand the test of time! Laws on animals they could eat and those they were to avoid can be scientifically explained today!

Governments today's law covers hundreds of pages and needs and need a lawyer to decipher! All of them were covered in just 10 commandments! Even to this day people can identify with every single one of those laws!

Jesus! Jesus used the water when talking to crowds! It is well known today how good a conductor of sound water is! He never said he used the boat because of that, but he did and it makes sense that he did! The most practical way he could have perched himself so that all could hear using the natural scientific auditorium like laws of nature is exactly what he did on occasion. Why?

There are so many reasons to believe the Bible!

Another reason the Bible triumphs over Evolution?

The Bible not only tells us how we got here, it answers the question of where we are going! Does Evolution? In fact how many people care about the past more than the future? How many people worry about the past more than the future? Yet the Bible addresses the future more than the past, while Evolutionist are stuck trying to tell you about how you got here but gives no hope for what truly concerns us at our core!

Read God's answer, or questions to Job beginning
At Job chapter 38...
Then Jehovah answered Job out of the windstorm:
2 “Who is this who is obscuring my counsel
And speaking without knowledge?+
3 Brace yourself, please, like a man;
I will question you, and you inform me.
4 Where were you when I founded the earth?
Tell me, if you think you understand.
5 Who set its measurements, in case you know,
Or who stretched a measuring line across it?

Job 38

link black Joined: Feb 28, 2004
10/6/17 8:05:15 AM 
In reply to Norm

Naw! Men brought fire, weapons, the wheel, agriculture, cooking, etc, with them from chimpkind to mankind as they evolved. They built the pyramids, invented writing and math, made paper and gunpowder, etc, entirely by fluke.

Ok, you can go back a few thousand years where none of that existed, (with the exception of fire) just like the internet didn't exist 40 years ago. Mankind's intelligence and knowledge has progressed through the years or we would all be living in caves.

10/6/17 8:20:59 AM 
In reply to black

Yeah? How much evolution has occurred since Jesus was on earth?

Evolutionist claim that this phenomena happens extremely slowly so that generations can't see it!

But you yourself just show how much life has changed in just 40 years! How long has it been since a few bright minds figured out a few concepts that has set in motion the industrial age that has given us what we see today? Were these laws and the opportunity for them to be discovered not available in the time of the Egyptian Empire?

Did these laws only come into existence when they were discovered? What evolutionary process caused it to be discovered at the time it was and not centuries prior? And what evolutionary leap caused this Age of tech that was not available 200 years ago?

10/6/17 8:33:23 AM 
In reply to Ayenmol

But you yourself just show how much life has changed in just 40 years! How long has it been since a few bright minds figured out a few concepts that has set in motion the industrial age that has given us what we see today? Were these laws and the opportunity for them to be discovered not available in the time of the Egyptian Empire?

It is a slow process, computers go back as far as the 1700s, the internet didn't just fall out of the skies. And some things are invented but takes decades to perfect, it's all a process.

10/6/17 8:37:32 AM 
In reply to pelon

In great detail and over many years. You may even remember, at this is one example, my detail analysis of the timelines of creation, as per Genesis.

The foolish assumptions made is that if you don't believe, you must not of investigated, or read or spent half your life in church.

Exactly. They might even be able to make a stronger case for religion, if they did some investigating.

link doosra Joined: May 26, 2004
10/6/17 8:41:52 AM 
A brief history of humankind by yuval noah harari is a fantastic read

if you can read beyond 140 characters I have a copy

10/6/17 8:57:47 AM 
Another reason outside of simply going by scripture, on which to reason as to belief in the Bible...If these men simply made up God and tried to use him as a way to control others, why are there so many accounts of these men themselves failing?
Moses, failed and was not allowed to reach the promised land! Yet he wrote many books of the Bible and it was to him that God gave the account of creation!
David, had many failings including putting a man to death to hide his affair with the man's wife!

Peter, Paul...Paul oversaw the stoning of Stephen, a faithful disciple of Christ!
Paul wrote that he prayed to God to remove a thorn in his flesh but that prayer was not answered!

Throughout the entire Bible all these writers sought to deceive, yet not one of them wrote about themselves as being without faults? Not one of them over 1600 years elevated themselves above others? Not one of them even for a moment wrote some sort of hubris that can be easily disputed today? Not one of them allowed the prevailing attitudes of the world around them to seep into their writing?

Today you see men who claim to be servants of God who have the Bible and yet are deceiving others. They make mistakes and never own up to them! They do not confess unless caught! Afterwards claim they have been forgiven and continue in their selfish course with no recourse for their Deeds!

Yet the men who wrote the Bible NEVER did that! Why? Everyone of them wrote the mistakes they made and how they were disciplined by God for it!

That does not reflect the thinking of man! Not even in those times!

10/6/17 9:03:43 AM 
In reply to black

Is that not the point? Man has been learning from the time of Creation, and every new concept he learns opens up his mind to laws governing his surroundings that he can tap into! But has there been in any way a connection between a stage of evolution and a particular new concept being learned due to that physical evolution?
As Runs put it, when the homo sapiens mated with whoever, did that next evolved species immediately or within a particular timeframe develop or advance the knowledge that existed prior?

link bravos Joined: Oct 14, 2009
10/6/17 9:39:51 AM 
Familiar?

Allyuh have rel time lol,I heading south...

10/6/17 9:45:00 AM 
Consider King Solomon. Solomon was given as a gift the opportunity to choose what he wanted post as a blessing. He chose wisdom and an obedient heart to govern God's people! Yet not only did Jehovah grant Solomon this wisdom he also gave him riches and glory because of Solomon's humble request!

Yet even so Solomon still went against the laws God gave Israel and chose wives from among the Nations!
Eventually he turned away from serving God!

It highlights that no matter what we are given by God or what pleasure he may take in us, if we do not stick to his laws we will fall away from that approved State.
It also highlights that just because we are wise or even receive a blessing from Jehovah, it does not make us infallible. And God does not will us to follow him, that decision always lie with us!

He blesses those who listen, not necessarily materially, but we lose his favor when we err.

link pelon Joined: Mar 22, 2008
10/6/17 10:26:40 AM 
In reply to Ayenmol

That is so beautiful, all that you typed.

Very effective tool for sure - it really forces me to reflect on the path I am on, and make me reconsider accepting anything but what is in the bible blindly.
Afterall, if I don't accept, I am going to be scorned by my community. I am going to be avoided by my friends... worse when I die, I will go to hell. The lord will judge me at THE GATES OF HEAVEN. Oh dear lord no. Please do not send me to Hell.
I thank you Ayenmol for bringing me back it to the bright light of knowledge and wisdom of Solomon, that which is Godly. Thank you Savior. I will abandon ever questioning HIS WILL, and follow the path of the word as explicitly written in the gospels.

Thank you Ayenmol.

What bullshit! Preaching gospel as science and science as gospel. NO FACKING scientist thinks science is gospel!!!
Ayenmol relentless quest: self-fulfillment. This is exactly what makes crusaders feel empowered. They "claimed a lost soul", while selfishly protecting themselves from a mythology.
The bible is a beautiful document but it is NOT a document to explain the science of creation. That does not discredit the bible, it simply puts it in context

10/6/17 10:29:32 AM 
In reply to pelon

lol lol lol

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  next