The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

So Jacobs just nyam Luckyshoo food...

voiceofreason 2017-10-15 09:25:02 

...Does he have a googly?

voiceofreason 2017-10-15 09:28:06 

Cornwall and Jacobs in Tandem got 14 out of 20 wickets.

jacksprat 2017-10-15 09:34:41 

In reply to voiceofreason

...Does he have a googly?

Irrelevant!

Does he have the right colour passport?

Nikita Miller has dominated the bowling averages and wickets tally year after year yet he has only a single test to show for it.

If Ambris is not careful, he will suffer the same fate, with the convenient excuse about "age", after he is ignored for a decade.

With Cornwall, it will be about 'weight" and "fitness", despite some bowlers in the current West Indies set-up constantly breaking down and being unable to play 2 consecutive tests.

Slipfeeler 2017-10-15 09:47:28 

In reply to jacksprat

You just nailed it, they consistently ignore top performers year after year then suddenly age becomes a factor, obviously we are all getting older.

voiceofreason 2017-10-15 10:34:34 

In reply to jacksprat

Does he have the right colour passport?

Reminds me the days of Jamaica Frenism... When Gayle had Findlay and numerous Jamaican Shitehounds in the team.

Leewards and Windwards players have always been discriminated against...Look how long it took Ambris to get one game? Ridley? Is only now allyuh feeling the pain but we have been feeling it for ever.

jacksprat 2017-10-15 10:46:53 

Reminds me the days of Jamaica Frenism... When Gayle had Findlay.....in the team.

I totally agree with you. Findlay had no right being close to a Jamaica team much less a West Indies team!

True Windward & Leeward players have been historically discriminated against but when H&H had the reins of power you were noticeably silent when the likes of Sammy & Smith benefited from a double standard, of not being required to perform in order to keep their places.

As I recall, when Smith, for example, consistently under-performed your mantra was to "give him a run"; and likewise your excuse for Sammy was that "there is no one else" when your compatriots got rid off all the far better players and likely rivals to his unearned tenure!!

Slipfeeler 2017-10-15 10:49:34 

VOD I guess you have recovered from the 2 major storms, glad to see you back although still posting your usual anti-Yardies garbage. JA won 5 straight regional tities yet there were no overwhelming dominance of Jcans on the WI teams, so your point is moot.

BTW my friends in USVI still undergoing effects of the storms, they suffer every time it rains after the storms, although Trump said he met with the President of the USVI, lol
big grin big grin big grin

Baje 2017-10-15 10:57:34 

In reply to jacksprat

Nikita Miller has dominated the bowling averages and wickets tally year after year yet he has only a single test to show for it.

You are right that Miller has been ignored after years of consistent performance. However this did not start with the current group of selectors. There is some belief that Miller is not a "true" test spinner and only get wickets on the "right" pitches. My thinking is that if he only gets wickets on certain pitches, then he should be played on certain pitches..West Indies, Sub continent, Zimbabwe..
I believe that it was an Aussie commentator that started the nonsense about Miller. West Indies selectors stupidly followed. The reason why Bangla and Sr and Zim are doing well is because of their Miller like spinners who do well on their pitches.

Baje 2017-10-15 10:58:08 

In reply to jacksprat

You are right that Miller has been ignored after years of consistent performance. However this did not start with the current group of selectors. There is some belief that Miller is not a "true" test spinner and only get wickets on the "right" pitches. My thinking is that if he only gets wickets on certain pitches, then he should be played on certain pitches..West Indies, Sub continent, Zimbabwe..
I believe that it was an Aussie commentator that started the nonsense about Miller. West Indies selectors stupidly followed. The reason why Bangla and Sr and Zim are doing well is because of their Miller like spinners who do well on their pitches.

Baje 2017-10-15 10:58:36 

In reply to Slipfeeler

You just nailed it, they consistently ignore top performers year after year then suddenly age becomes a factor, obviously we are all getting older.

Name these top performers.

voiceofreason 2017-10-15 11:03:45 

In reply to jacksprat

True Windward & Leeward players have been historically discriminated against but when H&H had the reins of power you were noticeably silent when the likes of Sammy & Smith benefited from a double standard, of not being required to perform in order to keep their places

It is called affirmative action. 3 years for over 50 plus years.

Slipfeeler 2017-10-15 11:05:14 

In reply to Baje

Nikita Miller, Ambris, Cornwall, Damion Jacobs, Shiverine Chanderpaul, Hamilton, Imran Khan, Mohammed, and the list goes on.....

Courtesy 2017-10-15 11:05:23 

It is called affirmative action. 3 years for over 50 plus years.

wink wink wink

voiceofreason 2017-10-15 11:06:43 

In reply to Slippery Fella

We maybe down but not out. We will overcome Bro. USVI is in tatters but so too is the BVI. We have many persons in the BVI who are in similar situations when rain falls. Lot of people leaving but where there is distress and disappointment there is opportunity and hope.

BTW Miller should be no where near a West Indian Test team. I have time for Jacobs.

jacksprat 2017-10-15 11:09:14 

In reply to Baje

You are right that Miller has been ignored after years of consistent performance. However this did not start with the current group of selectors.

Miller has been around for close to a decade so it could not have started with this current panel.

For the record, I do not rate Miller but out of fairness he should have been given the same opportunity to fail like the other purveyors of mediocrity in our cricket.

We have some batsmen who score runs year after year in our FC cricket then consistently flop when summoned to the highest level, yet no one questions the quality of the pitches or the attack for their success at FC level

sunfish 2017-10-15 11:21:35 

But seriously, why is Jacobs always among the wickets? Does he have a ripping leg break and a googly to back it up? How about an arm ball and what speeds does he bowl at?

Will he succeed at the International level?

Slipfeeler 2017-10-15 14:30:53 

In reply to sunfish

That's some serious questions that need to be answered by CWI and there is only one way of answering those questions!

buds 2017-10-15 14:50:33 

We have one or two but you consistently produce Shytehounds..
What parish the factory located?.

jen 2017-10-15 15:20:09 

In reply to jacksprat

Yeah, I don't think Miller would succeed at test level as he doesn't do anything really more than great line and length but you're correct in saying he deserved the chance to prove himself after being the best spinner in the region. If not, then it makes no sense having a regional tournament.

People talking about Jacobs 32 but that's foolishness. If the man can help us win for 5 years, that ain't still good service? Who other spinner we have tearing up the place?

In saying all ah that, I never got to see Jacobs on tv so unsure if is just our guys weak against spin or he have tricks. Either way, his stats are good, Bishoo isn't in form so what's the loss?

WestDem 2017-10-15 15:45:11 

Can’t wait for Jacobs to get a chance to play fuh de West Indies 😎

tc1 2017-10-15 16:48:53 

In reply to WestDem

lol

tc1 2017-10-15 17:05:22 

The WI have only produce 3 spinners in over 100 years.

Kay 2017-10-15 17:44:28 

In reply to tc1

Who produced all the others that represented them?

tc1 2017-10-15 17:57:16 

In reply to Kay

Sorry ,only 4 spinners in the 100 years.

JahJah 2017-10-16 01:35:06 

In reply to jacksprat

Miller has the wrong 'look'

Ask groanite, Narper and Runs.

doosra 2017-10-16 06:21:41 

In reply to JahJah

the selectors cyarry looks feelings tuh/.? big grin

Baje 2017-10-16 11:06:56 

In reply to Slipfeeler

My memory is fading, maybe if you give me some stats over the past two years I can see what you are talking about

Runs 2017-10-16 11:18:22 

In reply to JahJah

Nah this is his problem

As a spinner, at international level he relies more on changes of pace than ripping spin to gain his wickets. lol

Ewart 2017-10-16 12:18:59 

In reply to sunfish

Will he succeed at the International level?

Only one way to find out.

razz razz

//

cricketmad 2017-10-16 13:51:30 

In reply to Ewart

Only one way to find out.

Exactly !

mikelegend 2017-10-16 23:25:46 

I'll just throw two names out there: Clyde Butts and Ranji Nanan

JahJah 2017-10-17 02:32:09 

In reply to doosra

You tell me. I see nuff talk about certain kinds and certain looks being the reason for Rampaul and Ramdin non selection.

natty_forever 2017-10-17 08:01:32 

In reply to Runs... so from his one test you sum up this

As a spinner, at international level he relies more on changes of pace than ripping spin to gain his wickets.

WestDem 2017-10-22 09:48:27 

Nyam gats Nyam back,eh? lol lol lol lol

natty_forever 2017-10-22 10:07:11 

Guess not.

Runs 2017-10-22 10:43:48 

In reply to WestDem

Bishoo tell im tek u meat outta me rice n fill am wid dhall lol

WestDem 2017-10-22 10:48:43 

In reply to Runs

You see how VOR nyam till he choke? lol lol lol

Runs 2017-10-22 10:52:51 

In reply to WestDem