The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Hetmyer..

anthonyp 2017-10-17 12:41:09 

Why d team management hardly giving d youngster any chance to bat? They frighten he show dem up? He gonna develop by warming d bench?

Why Kyle Hope playing ahead of him?

Narper 2017-10-17 12:43:41 

In reply to anthonyp

Why Kyle Hope playing ahead of him?

Bajan

Andy99 2017-10-17 12:50:02 

In reply to anthonyp

And Powell..

natty_forever 2017-10-17 12:50:58 

In reply to Andy99... bajan fren?

tc1 2017-10-17 13:27:06 

In reply to anthonyp

a month ago, he asked why Shai was playing ahead of him.

Gun_Play 2017-10-17 13:36:23 

In reply to anthonyp

Kyle avg 49 in regionals.

Hetty 34.

I hope that helps.

Kay 2017-10-17 14:13:37 

In reply to Gun_Play

Kyle avg 6 in 3 tests.

Hety avg 16 in 3 tests.

I hope that helps.

WestDem 2017-10-17 14:34:13 

In reply to Kay

Shot sah....nat a man move!!! lol lol

natty_forever 2017-10-17 15:15:49 

In reply to WestDem... suh nuh body nah guh fah the ball?

lol

CITYBOY 2017-10-17 15:29:14 

Hola...dem seh de boy is German and can only play soccer...the man father mek a mistake..should have change he name to Khan or Singh...he woulda play fer sure....."""and horses can fly"""..

Buddy if you aint a flying fish you aint getting into the frying pan....making Barbados great again...
Adios
CB

Judgement 2017-10-17 15:36:21 

In reply to anthonyp

Its not team management that has the problem with Hetty...its the Captain...same Captain who is anti-Bishoo. And just to be 100% clear - that Captain is very good with Kyle Hope.

tc1 2017-10-17 16:03:49 

In reply to Judgement

My guess is that u travel with the team from Birmingham to Leeds and you overheard the talk between the captain and Kyle Hope.
Wow

tc1 2017-10-17 16:05:05 

In reply to Kay

Wow, Super numbers by Hety, use a multiplier of 2.67

Gun_Play 2017-10-17 16:34:22 

In reply to Kay

3 test at home against Pakistan

vs

3 test away to England.

But ya'll are the experts.

Narper 2017-10-17 16:50:18 

In reply to Gun_Play
Hety is 20 and Kyle is 29

Hety is young with an uncluttered mind...cappo of a winning world cup team.......Kyle's mind must be very cluttered especially after the clueless performance in England

tc1 2017-10-17 16:53:57 

In reply to Narper

whether 20 or 29, both seem cluttered.

doosra 2017-10-17 17:27:34 

Hety must play

anthonyp 2017-10-17 18:24:19 

Shai got a long run in d team and now he's making runs.. why not the same for Hety?

In d youth last five innings he scored 3 tons.. and the 48 today.. Kyle Hope and Powell are waste players invest in d damn youths! evil

BeatDball 2017-10-17 19:39:19 

In reply to WestDem

big grin

Gun_Play 2017-10-17 20:36:36 

In reply to Narper

I have no problem with Hetty playing. Anyone could make this WI team!

But when ppl ask why someone else is playing ahead of him like it's unjustified is amazing.

Kyle deserves his spot.

That people are saying otherwise, like he didn't perform, is the real injustice.

If one of their homies had avg 49 in regionals all hell wud break loose on this board if they weren't playing.

I know ya'll forgot how Hetty was being bowled down and looking clueless against Pakistan.

I just hope if he fails ya'll vultures don't call for his head.

As is always the case.

Narper 2017-10-17 22:45:38 

In reply to Gun_Play

Kyle deserves his spot.

after averaging 6 in 6 consecutive test innings less than 2 months ago....he does not deserve his spot

the 28 year old Singh has a far superior average playing for WI A team and the WI president XI and HE DOES NOT DESERVE a spot..after he mediocre performance against Pakistan

I know ya'll forgot how Hetty was being bowled down and looking clueless against Pakistan.

I just hope if he fails ya'll vultures don't call for his head

I was chastised here by a few when I didn't support the rushing of Hety into test cricket....in my view he was not fully ready

And I disagree with you....Hety did not look clueless against Pakistan...as far as I can remember he never struggled...but did get out ( bowled ) because of his ultra aggressive mind set in almost all cases...obviously the young man must work on his defence

I was glad Hety was not played in tests in England but I fully supported Hety in the squad...I am sure he did learn at lot on that tour

Now...in Zimbabwe...I believe Hety should be given the chance again...in fact the perfect level of opposition to relaunch his test career.

openning 2017-10-18 00:18:36 

In reply to Gun_Play
I had some concerns with the team to England, and I echoed them in previous posts.
The players that concerned me were, Dowrich, Kyle, Bishoo , Reifer and Cummins.
Dowrich has not performed at any level since the tour to the Middle East, not even for YMPC
Kyle is one of my favourites, I think he is the best Bajan bat, but he should be the substitute opener, thats where he performs for T&T.
Bishoo is an ordinary leg spinner.
Reifer is an ordinary cricketer
Cummins has not regain form since his injury, he would be better to play A team cricket.

Pacy 2017-10-18 00:53:33 

In a move to support the Barbadians sane voices are justifying the lack of oppertunities given to Hetmeyer.

Objective of a practice fixture is to give everyone a chance to get used to the conditions and be ready if necessary.

In the first Innings we had KB have a decent outing and a chance could be made for Hetmeyer to have a good stay. If anyone gets injured and he has to play he should have all the chances to be successful.

Hetmeyer in my way has made the best use of the opportunities in the practice fixtures. A century in England and a good 48 in the limited time he had. If Kyle or Powell fail in another next 5 tests he might get his chance lol lol

Judgement 2017-10-18 03:43:27 

In reply to tc1

Amazing thing is, you can think what you like because i enjoy not correcting you and watching you making a mockery of yourself every single time.

Bestian 2017-10-18 08:58:43 

I would have thought that Hetmeyer would be replacing Blackwood at #5, but I wouldn't quarrel too much if he replaced Kyle at #3 after the 1st Test if he fails.

mittheimp 2017-10-18 09:00:45 

Hetymar time will come soon - why people always have to turn it into a conspiracy?

seaegg99 2017-10-18 09:10:28 

Shai was forced in too early also. Was out of place opening the batting. Hetty is earmarked for the #3 spot. Kid just needs to tighten up his defense because he should not be getting bowled so often. England with its experienced bowlers would have only added mental pressure on the youth. Right now he is still travelling with the team and getting valuable experience doing this. Sometimes you see much more from the sidelines. Hopefully he will be better prepared when he gets back in.

tc1 2017-10-18 09:42:49 

In reply to Judgement

unless u are a person very close to the team, you will not know the day to day activities, you post like if you are connected to the team in a personal way.

and I do not believe you that you are close to the team.

CricketFan 2017-10-18 14:06:39 

In reply to Kay

Brown Talks about providing full opportunity to a player. Hetty was dropped after 3 Test matches, while Kyle Hope continues. What a shame.

Baje 2017-10-18 16:13:59 

In reply to Narper

And I disagree with you....Hety did not look clueless against Pakistan...as far as I can remember he never struggled...but did get out ( bowled ) because of his ultra aggressive mind set in almost all cases...obviously the young man must work on his defence

You do not remember very well. I saw him twice clean bowled to ordinary good length balls that did exactly nothing. He played back when he should be forward, and didnt even cover his stumps. I would have played those balls

Singh not only failed, he looked as if he was genuinely scared of the pakistan pacers.

I was never sold on Kyle, he had one good season, and I prefer to see two good seans back to back. However in the ODIs that I have seen him play, he looks like he belonged. Willow did not afford me the opportunity to see him in England.

We really need a #3 batsman for tests. maybe Bravo, maybe Lewis. However the Hety I have seen so far was not getting in line and being bowled down as a result.

aliaskid13 2017-10-18 17:09:17 

In reply to anthonyp

Hetmeyer nuh ready yet. That was blatantly obvious in the home series against Pakistan. And when I heard they were carrying him to England I thought the best thing they could do for his career was to NOT play him. cause Anderson an dem woulda dun he career right dey. Were you not watching the series and see his stumps cartwheeling to the boundary board on multiple occasions? And people on here talking about he should be a number 3? If he couldn't protect his stumps in friendly conditions at home, there was very little hope that he would be about to do it against Anderson, Broad and Co in England. He's only 23. He have time. Let's wring out what we can from Kyle who is now 29. Hetty still have another good 5 yrs minimum to get his shit together and become a real batsman. cause just being able to play two pretty shot and then lose your off stump is not the hallmark of a great test batsman. And please don't bring up his exploits in the warm up games cause that is curry goat cricket by another name.

anthonyp 2017-10-18 17:44:07 

In reply to aliaskid13

Shai used to look like shyte when he first started too.. but because he's bajan they continue to play him and now it's finally paying off.. why not the same for another highly talented batsman? Or he got d wrong passport?

After d showing Kyle Hope and Powell had in England he deserve to play ahead of either one.. Evin Lewis and all suppose to be in the team..

tc1 2017-10-18 17:58:03 

In reply to anthonyp

Shai used to look like shyte when he first started too

You are the only person who said that Shai looks like shyte, everyone that saw him said he is real.Heytie will have his day soon.

tc1 2017-10-18 18:15:55 

In reply to seaegg99

Do you think Shai time in England helped him in England the last tour?

Judgement 2017-10-18 18:41:52 

In reply to tc1

Oh for god's sake, why on earth do you keep assuming that anyone cares what you think? You assume you are relevant and that your opinions count. That's the beauty of this forum. You have no idea who i am and i do not have the slightest interest in knowing who you are and, consequently, what you believe i do not give two hoots about. However, your sheer stupidity is always a great source of entertainment to me (credit where it's due and all that lol!).

tc1 2017-10-18 19:33:46 

In reply to Judgement

Yes, we all know you have superior knowledge of WI, you travel on the charter plane with the team and knows the relationship of various players, selectors etc.

I don't have such connections and careless, but for god sake keep conversations between you and members of the team private.

aliaskid13 2017-10-19 15:04:08 

In reply to anthonyp

After d showing Kyle Hope and Powell had in England he deserve to play ahead of either one..

I disagree. Kyle didn't do too much wrong and he didn't look totally out of his depth, so he definitely deserved a run.And other than Shai and Paint, Kieran was the only other top order batsman who looked totally comfortable. So he stays too. And, I am unashamedly biased Kieran Powell fan so, uh, there's that. Hetmeyer on the other hand, can't even keep track of his off stump. Yes he's clearly talented, no doubt about it. But so far at the test level he looks way out of his depth. And please don't compare him to Shai Hope. From the time Shai made his debut it was clear that he had the making of a proper world class batsman. He just wasn't making any runs. That's not the same thing as Hetmeyer who seems to have the makings of a shotmaker, but is yet to convince me that he actually understands batsmanship. Get the difference?

Judgement 2017-10-19 16:32:58 

In reply to tc1

Lol oh dear, displaying your illiteracy and contradicting yourself, as usual.

As i said mate, I find your stupidity immensely amusing and i also suspect you are bipolar but nothing wrong with that either lol!

tc1 2017-10-19 20:23:31 

In reply to Judgement

Your posting describes you, as usual trying to impress with the verbiage of yesterday, no originality,

stop being an imposter.

oldcar 2017-10-19 20:48:52 

Hety needs to be given a 10 test run...

anthonyp 2017-10-19 21:19:33 

In reply to oldcar

Won't get that.. only a bajan allowed dem kinda privilege razz

Players from other countries gotta work 10 times harder.. is about 3 series now d bajan keeper can't score runs but he still getting pick..

Man saying Kyle didn't look bad in England.. averaged 6 but still looked good and deserve a longer run lol

Powell probably got bajan links too cause I don't know why he's in the squad..

natty_forever 2017-10-20 08:54:35 

In reply to anthonyp

lol lol lol

SirGarny 2017-10-20 09:29:23 

In reply to anthonyp

Players from other countries gotta work 10 times harder.. is about 3 series now d bajan keeper can't score runs but he still getting pick.. Man saying Kyle didn't look bad in England.. averaged 6 but still looked good and deserve a longer run lol

I thought I was the only one who noticed
shock confused confused

matchstick 2017-10-20 13:11:02 

In reply to anthonyp

Why d team management hardly giving d youngster any chance to bat? They frighten he show dem up?

They doing him a favor..

His FC record and 6 international innings show that him being at the test level is a set-up for failure. At least by being in the camp he can still learn which is what he should be doing.

Some more FC matches would do him well..

And don't yap about they are all failing he should get a chance... a chance for what, to fail and be discarded also? THEY ARE DOING HIM A FAVOR!

BeatDball 2017-10-20 13:29:43 

In reply to matchstick Nice lil box for him, eh matchy!?

cool wink

CricketLuva4 2017-10-20 15:01:49 

In reply to matchstick

Agreed. Keep him hungry, that said if Powell fails in both innings I'd slot him in for the 2nd test. Much better place for him to be blooded than against Pakistan and Mohammad Amir.

Keeping him hungry so far has forced him to use his limited chances. I think that hundred he made in England will do a world for his confidence in the long run.

anthonyp 2017-10-20 15:41:34 

In reply to matchstick

Well if that's the case send him home.. Jaguars need him for the PCL.. at least he gonna replace Chandrika

Btw after returning from England he batted three innings in the Jaguars 3 day league and scored tons in two.. So he's improving.. just need more cricket..

CricketLuva4 2017-10-20 21:27:54 

In reply to anthonyp

If things go how they are likely to, he could be facing Southee and Boult in a months time.