The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Ramdin & Bajan Commies

Emir 2017-10-30 07:06:56 

Especially Barry Wilkens, they were going crazy about his "poor captaincy." And Barry,, quite unprofessionally, even went so far to claim that Ramdin does not like Primus and he did not mince words.

The truth is Ramdin batting was pristine and we all know he is the best gloveman so me think they are afraid for their boys in the WI team, yes those two occupying space- Holder and Dowrich.

granite 2017-10-30 09:35:37 

In reply to Emir
I heard them bad mouthing Ramdin's captaincy,they could have talked a bit more about how he batted,why he didn't bowl Primus,must have been a reason for that.

Starzz 2017-10-30 10:02:20 

In reply to Emir

The truth is Ramdin batting was pristine and we all know he is the best gloveman so me think they are afraid for their boys in the WI team, yes those two occupying space- Holder and Dowrich.

I noticed some have been posting that upcoming wk/batsmen should just concentrate on batting and forget the gloves, its actually hilarious. I think Dowrich keeping has caused this reaction lol

All of a sudden they are pure batsmen & the gloves would affect their batting.

Sunil Ambris is in his 20s have been keeping since youth level
Shai Hope also in his 20s have been keeping since youth level

If keeping would affect their batting how come it didn't affect them making the West Indies team as a keeper/batsman?

This excuse has been use for a lot of wk/batsmen in past couple years

Johnson Charles
Andre Fletcher
Carlton Baugh
and recently Shane Dowrich....lol

At this rate every upcoming wk/batsman would give up the gloves
lol

camos 2017-10-30 10:06:30 

In reply to Starzz

keeping WILL affect your batting. I will bet that keepers do better with the bat when their teams bat first.

Starzz 2017-10-30 10:10:18 

In reply to camos

That's not my point....

The solution can't be to encourage every up coming keeper to give up the gloves & concentrate on their batting...

Starzz 2017-10-30 10:21:00 

Wicket keeping has affected the batting of all wk/batsmen in past 10 years except Denesh Ramdin

Andre Fletcher is more of a batsman not keeper

Johnson Charles is more of a batsman not keeper

Sunil Ambris is 24, is more of a batsman not keeper

Shai Hope is 23 only keeps in ODIs, told to give up gloves in tests cause he is more of a batsman not keeper.

Shane Dowrich is 26, replaced Ramdin cause he is more of a batsman, the excuse now that he has failed to impress with the bat...

wicket keeping has affected his batting lol

tc1 2017-10-30 13:16:59 

In reply to Emir

It seems like you were listening to a different comms, they did not say Ramdin did not like Primus, they offered the same coments as relate to Stoute's captaincy.Ramdin deserve to be dropped from the test team as his performance was substandard.

Emir 2017-10-30 20:13:42 

In reply to tc1

Rubbish.

I stand by what I said. Go back and listen to the tape.

He did not mince words.

tc1 2017-10-30 20:37:07 

In reply to Emir

ok , bring on the tape.

why would you take off a bowler after 1 over having taken 2 wickets. unless he sustained an injury in the same over.

che 2017-10-30 20:50:37 

In reply to tc1

Ramdin deserve to be dropped from the test team as his performance was substandard.

Bang on!! Stick a fork in he and de Bravos...dem sore losers are histree!!!

lol lol lol

tc1 2017-10-30 20:52:24 

In reply to che

lol lol lol

CricketLuva4 2017-10-30 21:07:03 

In reply to Starzz

Facts we know:

- Ramdin averages 35 in FC cricket (i.e. NOT tests included)
- Dowrich averages 35 in FC cricket (i.e. NOT tests included)
- Hamilton averages 27.5 in FC cricket (hasn't played tests), although he is probably averaging significantly more than that in his last 2 years or so

- Ramdin is a better glovesman than Dowrich
- Ramdin brings more experience to the table than Dowrich and Hamilton combined
- Ramdin has toured New Zealand 3 times (twice in tests, once for the 2015 WC) and has a test hundred to rescue us from about 80/5 in NZ

- Hamilton has struggled for batting form in the recent A team series
- Ramdin has batted well in the two innings he played in the PCL, and was pretty good in the CPL
- Dowrich has struggled for batting form for the past 12 months

Opinions that remain unconfirmed/untested:

- Hamilton is the best glovesman in the region (from the little I've seen he's tidy and is probably better than Dowrich, but those who vouch for him are mostly Dotties hence a natural bias)
- If Hamilton is picked, it will probably be his first time in NZ conditions which from what I hear is much like England where inexperienced keepers get exposed and struggle, I will go out on a limb and say even if Hamilton is a better keeper than both Dowrich and Ramdin, he will probably NOT be at his best in NZ
- Hamilton seems to be a better player of spin than pace, and putting him in NZ against Southee and Boult is probably not ideal for his style of play
- Shai Hope is NOT being considered as a keeping prospect in test cricket (he kept in one game when Dowrich pulled out in the UAE)

My conclusion -

Pick Ramdin unless Dowrich does something spectacular this test. If Ramdin doesn't do anything in NZ, then the keepers spot is up for grabs come the home 2018 season.

openning 2017-10-30 21:53:34 

In reply to CricketLuva4
Was Ramdin dropped for his keeping or his batting?
What was Hamilton Bingo scores in the three A team matches?
Why dropped one Bingo player for another?
My choice for New Zealand is Ramdin

che 2017-10-30 22:08:37 

In reply to openning

Hamilton Bingo

lol lol lol

TheTrail 2017-10-31 19:05:31 

The selectors should take the same squad to NZ.There should not be any changes to this damn squad whatsoever.

che 2017-10-31 19:54:21 

In reply to TheTrail

U best post!!

Outswinger 2017-10-31 20:29:08 

In reply to Emir

Especially Barry Wilkens, they were going crazy about his "poor captaincy." And Barry,, quite unprofessionally, even went so far to claim that Ramdin does not like Primus and he did not mince words.

Emir buddy, you are wrong.

1. They did not criticize his batting, he was given kudos.
2. They did not criticize his wicket-keeping, what they DID say, was that since Ramdin allegedly expressed a desire to get back into the Windies test team, it was a bad decision on his part to let Jangoo keep wicket instead of doing it himself because he would be considered for that position.
3. And most important of your points, Barry (Wilkinson) did criticize Ramdin's handling of Primus, and I agree with that criticism. So what was it for? Primus bowled one over in the Barbadossecond innings, in which he got two wickets, dispatching the two openers back to the hut. Then, unbelievably, Primus was taken off. Check the scorecard on the Windies website. It will show Primus bowled 1 over for nine runs with two wickets. Five other bowlers were given the ball but not Primus again. Are you telling me that that is OK, or even good captaincy? Come on, be fair!

It should be noted that Barry also mentioned some other instances when Ramdin appeared to short-change Primus (in other years) but I cannot accurately remember those instances and the complaints so I will not attempt to state them here. He rattled them off quite quickly and I don't remember the events myself.

Further more, in case you forgot, it was Primus who destroyed Barbados last year in the same day-night match with the pink ball. He got 5 in one innings and either 4 or five in the other I think and also made a half century (hpe I am not short-changing him). So he was the danger man; and based on that performance, his loyalty to the team he is playing for, against ANY other team cannot be questioned. So wheel and come again. I watched and listened to the whole match from the BCA website.

Emir 2017-10-31 21:09:25 

In reply to Outswinger

Barry (Wilkinson) did criticize Ramdin's handling of Primus, and I agree with that criticism. So what was it for? Primus bowled one over in the Barbadossecond innings, in which he got two wickets, dispatching the two openers back to the hut. Then, unbelievably, Primus was taken off. Check the scorecard on the Windies website.

Thanks for your comments.
This is what I was referring to, not your other points. Barry was rather unprofessional, he did not know the reason why Ramdin removed him from the attack, but he went straight to the accusation which was mischievous- He went further, mentioning anther ODI match- oranges and apples.

Why did he see it fit to make such an outrageous statement.

I wonder how Barry feels now that the real reason why Ramdin had to remove him from the attack?

This is the same Barry who insinuated in live Tv, a few years ago, that real Americans can only be whites when interviewing Shiv's American manager in Florida.

Outswinger 2017-10-31 21:21:46 

In reply to Emir

I do not agree that is being unprofessional. First, I have to favour Primus if he is taken off after one over in which he got two wickets, especially when there was no indication of injury, prevention by the umpires, any altercation etc. Rather, it would be on Ramdin to explain his actions!

The citing of the other instances from other match(s) was evidence Barry was bringing to show that what he was saying was not just a hot-headed, knee-jerk reaction, but that there was a bit of a history there; and that it was not just a one-off incident. But I am sorry I do not have those instances to state.

Emir 2017-10-31 22:17:39 

In reply to Outswinger

Did you get it? Primus was removed for legitimate reasons. A good commie will first try to decifer the facts before jumping to erroneous conclusions.

Did you also not hear me about Barry's other excesses regarding Shiv's American manager.

While you are at it, check out how he pronounces Shiv's last name as well as Imran's

natty_forever 2017-11-01 08:19:14 

In reply to openning

Was Ramdin dropped for his keeping or his batting?
... neither!

Outswinger 2017-11-01 09:02:01 

In reply to Emir

What are those legitimate reasons ? Thanks.