The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Well who to drop now?

Larr Pullo 2017-11-01 05:31:53 

Right now the only two to go are Kyle and Blackwood, and once Kyle tons up the second innings... lol lol lol

mikesiva 2017-11-01 05:50:07 

In reply to Larr Pullo

What second innings?
lol
Kyle's ship has sailed, and Blackwood's mind is already on T20 cricket in Bangladesh....

buds 2017-11-01 07:17:02 

Drop Kyle and Blackwood--

natty_forever 2017-11-01 07:58:18 

... who ever fails in this match.

silver 2017-11-01 08:08:51 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I would drop Dorwich and bring in Hamilton so Dorwich would never take the Windies cricket for granted again. Hamilton did not have a good series against Sri Lanka but he can really bat

natty_forever 2017-11-01 09:11:12 

In reply to silver... how you drop a man that just gave you a ton?

Ray123 2017-11-01 09:14:49 

In reply to silver

Thank goodness you're not a selector that logic makes no sense shock

Andy99 2017-11-01 09:30:24 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Powell, Kyle and Blackwood.

Dont not select players who have failed miserably and have just done enough here to 'fake' performing.

Someone should be locked up that those 3, along with Dow prior to this match, were allowed to continue while someone like Hety was kept on the bench.

natty_forever 2017-11-01 09:37:44 

In reply to Andy99... well based on that reasoning, Powell and The Dow not going anywhere, especially now.

Ragga007 2017-11-01 09:44:51 

In reply to silver

Hamilton over Ambris?

Utterly ridiculous.

Andy99 2017-11-01 09:46:23 

In reply to natty_forever

Dow is younger and has show promise so he should stay.
Blackwood too had he made runs.

Powell on d other hand has been around for ages and has failed consistently. What he does is get a lil score on the last Test or innings of the series to get a pick for the next series.

Judgement 2017-11-01 10:20:49 

In reply to Andy99

You are such an idiot. Always showing your bias against Powell anyone would think he took your woman.

Seeing as the NZ squad was picked by the selectors weeks ago, your "theories" are about as logical as your reason for being on this forum. And by the way, Dowrich has failed consistently, by your own admission, and is only a few months younger than Powell yet you ask for the worst wicketkeeper in West Indies history and a non-thinking cricketer like Blackwood to continue to play TEST cricket but state that others are "faking" performances?!

A cricketer just won a defamation case - be careful what shite you print.

Andy99 2017-11-01 10:31:10 

In reply to Judgement

lol

Ok Kieran....opps meant....cricketing shytehound....opps meant Judgement.

Judgement 2017-11-01 10:32:11 

In reply to Andy99

Thanks for the compliment. Like i said, be careful what you print because i'm fairly certain Kieran Powell has bigger pockets than you champ so i hope you have the money to back up your fake facts big grin big grin

Andy99 2017-11-01 10:34:15 

In reply to Judgement

Unlike word of mouths and such, cricket has stats and facts and based on that I dare you....opps meant Powell to challenge me

Judgement 2017-11-01 10:35:54 

In reply to Andy99

Well considering Powell is playing a match, i would go and dare him or do you even watch cricket or is this about Powell taking your woman? Idiot non achievers like you sit behind a computer and talk utter rubbish. But when you are challenged, you run a mile. You can't even spell and you are trying to talk to me about facts? Get out of here.

Andy99 2017-11-01 10:41:52 

In reply to Judgement

Well considering Powell is playing a match, i would go and dare him or do you even watch cricket or is this about Powell taking your woman?

You wanna bring up 'spelling' in a 'rumshop' and you construct a sentence like this, fag please.

Idiot non achievers like you sit behind a computer and talk utter rubbish. But when you are challenged, you run a mile.

Interesting because I clearly remember what 5 mins ago laying down a challenge.

Get out of here.

You've been here since what...2015, I since 2009 and u wanna tell me to get out, it doesn't work like that Keiran....opps meant Judgement.

Andy99 2017-11-01 10:49:26 

Your honor I am presenting my evidence:
Take out historically weak Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and Judgement....sorry your honor meant Keiran has 1 ton and 1 fifty in his 43 international Test innings vs the other teams. Your honor he averages 23 against these teams.

Judgement 2017-11-01 10:49:42 

In reply to Andy99

The fact that a brainless idiot like you actually thinks an international cricketer currently playing in an international match is lurking in a rumshop talking to you (because you are really that important right) gives away the fact that you are a complete twat mate.

The fact that you also expect me to speak like a deadbeat (ie like you) because i am at a "make believe" Rum Shop lets me confirm the fact that i am definitely talking to a psycho.

The fact that the NZ team was picked weeks ago and you are here making irritating accusations against a player because your woman fell for him, is the saddest part of all. But you are not only brainless you are also illiterate so it is like speaking English to a Chinaman. And i do not care two hoots about how long you have been on here - like seriously? You do realise this is not a real facking Rum Shop? Is that really how exciting your pathetic life is?

Judgement 2017-11-01 10:52:35 

In reply to Andy99

Are you kidding me? You measure a cricketer by his fifties and his tons alone? Historically WEAK Bangladesh? But Dowrich's only century against a MINNOW like Zimbabwe is fine even though he is 26 years old and has achieved exactly what to-date? Yeah, you have no agenda whatsoever Jason Holder...i mean Andy99!

Andy99 2017-11-01 10:55:43 

In reply to Judgement

link Judgement 11/1/17 10:49:42 AM
In reply to Andy99

The fact that a brainless idiot like you actually thinks an international cricketer currently playing in an international match is lurking in a rumshop talking to you (because you are really that important right) gives away the fact that you are a complete twat mate.

The fact that you also expect me to speak like a deadbeat (ie like you) because i am at a "make believe" Rum Shop lets me confirm the fact that i am definitely talking to a psycho.

The fact that the NZ team was picked weeks ago and you are here making irritating accusations against a player because your woman fell for him, is the saddest part of all. But you are not only brainless you are also illiterate so it is like speaking English to a Chinaman. And i do not care two hoots about how long you have been on here - like seriously? You do realise this is not a real facking Rum Shop? Is that really how exciting your pathetic life is?

link Judgement 11/1/17 10:52:35 AM
In reply to Andy99

Are you kidding me? You measure a cricketer by his fifties and his tons? That is why you sit there and only appear to attack Powell. Agenda much.

Seriously you take the cake, I applaud you, such a special kind of idiot. That takes some doing.

Judgement 2017-11-01 10:57:13 

In reply to Andy99

You can't spell nor read so you're letting the argument go? Come on Jason, what's the matter?

aliaskid13 2017-11-01 11:03:38 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Well Blackwood was already on the chopping block, and probably not going to bat again in this match, so he goose cook.

timeless99 2017-11-01 11:04:39 

Has to go to nz with two keepers. Dowrich will start but take ramdin to keep him honest.

krickit 2017-11-01 12:11:12 

In reply to timeless99

West Indies will need in-form batsmen in NZ or they'll get blown away.
They'll also need some better fast bowlers than their limited edition here on display in Zim.

TheTrail 2017-11-01 12:16:00 

Dream on!

krickit 2017-11-01 12:32:39 

A Barbados National team mascarading as a West Indies team is NOT the way to developing West Indies cricket.

That's why Kyle will not be dropped; unless he's replaced by another Bajan.

embsallie 2017-11-01 12:39:41 

In reply to timeless99

Ramdin time has come and gone. NO DEADBEATS!
That goes for Likkle Bravo too.

embsallie 2017-11-01 12:44:13 

The only person worthy of being dropped from this team is Hope senior. Maybe.....just maybe we should give Hetty another chance and see how he does.
I heard some talk about Dowrich making century against minnow Zimbabwe; So what does that say about K Hope?
At least Dowrich scored a century, minnow or not.
I guess guys like Lara, Sarwan and all the others who scored against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe etc did not include that in their tally of hundreds and fifties scored, nor in the run aggregate.

runout 2017-11-01 12:52:59 

Kyle is NOT a number 3 batsman...story done.

The man is Hope-less.

WICFan 2017-11-01 13:51:49 

Kyle Hope has to get dropped from the squad for New Zealand, the guy just hasn't cut it so far at Test Level and going back and playing some domestic cricket might be what he needs.

Who is Kyle Hope playing for this season, Barbados or Trinidad & Tobago?

Bigzinc 2017-11-01 15:40:35 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Obviously for Larr, its BISHOO who lucked his way to 100 test wickets.

natty_forever 2017-11-01 16:52:26 

In reply to embsallie...

I guess guys like Lara, Sarwan and all the others who scored against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe etc did not include that in their tally of hundreds and fifties scored, nor in the run aggregate.
... analogy flawed. These guys scored against everyone.

embsallie 2017-11-01 18:29:37 

My point exactly.
Dowrich is not Sarwan and definitely not Lara.
But if some on this board want to look at Dowrich's accomplishment as nothing because it is against Zimbabwe, then the two former WI players should probably not count anything they scored against the same team.

Besides doesn't Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland et al all have test status? Hence the reason why they play the big guns.

Why is it that some WI fans always see the negative aspect of a player when he is doing poorly, but refuse to change that sentiment even when that same player achieves something of note?

nick2020 2017-11-01 20:12:14 

In reply to Andy99

Stats

Powell is 4th in runs in the whole tour. 11 behind hope who you are not dropping and second for the team.

You cannot drop Powell based on this tour; it would have to be based on his body of work.

Look Powell, like Paint, is lucky because he is an opener and it makes him harder to replace. Remember how poorly Shai looked opening and look at him now.

WestDem 2017-11-01 20:43:08 

Bishoo to keep de Triangle happy!

Andy99 2017-11-02 09:41:01 

In reply to nick2020

Obviously I dont really count runs nor wickets vs minnows, you know that. Only reason I giving Dow a pass, and would've done the same for Blackwood had he scored, is because both are fairly young on the international scene and have stood up vs top teams in the past.

I am dropping Powell because his performance for a long while has been shithoundish. Averaging 23 in his career vs the top teams as an opener is not good enough.

I'd much prefer Kope(if Lewis isnt available move on to open and Hety at 3 or even Hety to open if it means dropping Kope and Powell.
This was the series to try then thing.

As for Shia, just remember a few innings ago, a couple of months or so ago he was averaging 18.

granite 2017-11-02 10:01:56 

In reply to Judgement
Powell is crap against good bowling,has shown that over time,so fcuking there,satisfied now.

nick2020 2017-11-02 13:26:21 

In reply to Andy99

It is unfair to discredit runs or wickets vs minnows because in the context of who to keep and who to drop how can you keep someone who does not score runs against Zim but drop someone who has?

Should Powell have been on the side based on his previous performances? No. But he played and he played well.

You cannot drop him now. You will have to wait until he stinks up the joint again relative to the team. And if his average holds true it will be sooner not later.

natty_forever 2017-11-02 13:28:08 

no one will be dropped!

Andy99 2017-11-02 13:42:23 

In reply to nick2020

It is unfair to discredit runs or wickets vs minnows

Winnings 1-0 here loses WI ranking points, that says a lot.

in the context of who to keep and who to drop how can you keep someone who does not score runs against Zim but drop someone who has?

Hence why they should not have picked him in the first place.

You cannot drop him now. You will have to wait until he stinks up the joint again relative to the team.

And that is the problem. He has to be picked, but we all know how it will end up. I just saying its best the bypass all of that and drop him now. Ofcourse I know that wont happen.

And if his average holds true it will be sooner not later.

Recent history has shown that they are giving these players an unwarranted extended run, so a fifty here might buy him 2 more series, then the cycle repeats as they are about to drop him a next fifty or 40 will buy him another series.

mikesiva 2017-11-03 05:27:22 

In reply to Larr Pullo

"I've been pretty clear to the selectors that this group that we have together is worth working with," Law said. "It's a short turnaround between now and the New Zealand series, to bring someone else - or a number of players - in, I don't think would be a great move. We would have to start again with those players. We're starting to make strides and go forward. We competed well in England and won a Test match there, we've now won a series in Zimbabwe. I think it would be great if we could keep the guys together. Those guys who have struggled might be our heroes in the next match. I understand some people think we could chop and change, but I believe that if we stay together and become one, we'll start producing the results."

Kyle going to Kiwiland
razz

runout 2017-11-03 07:13:27 

In reply to mikesiva

Yeah, but he should fetch water for Hety. Talented miles ahead of Kyle.

Starzz 2017-11-03 08:10:15 

He make a ton and drop the match
But I guess that's windies standard lol

natty_forever 2017-11-03 08:19:43 

In reply to Starzz... the ton insured we wouldn't lose ... the drop ensured we wouldn't win.

big grin

natty_forever 2017-11-03 08:20:21 

In reply to mikesiva... who never know that head tuff.

dayne 2017-11-03 08:52:41 

In reply to mikesiva

What Law said is unfair to the players who have perform in the A team, like Ambris and Joseph, how could he continue to keep players who have failed on two tours now just to maintain team fellowship. Australia, England and India would not do that, they pick performing players.

BeatDball 2017-11-03 09:20:29 

Drop, drop, drop...stop this shoite! Nobloody's going to be dropped...few changes, maybe!
confused rolleyes

nick2020 2017-11-04 08:12:42 

In reply to Andy99

We are in agreement.

But since he did play and he did play better than everyone else but Shai then we should not drop him. But a pothound will quite revert back to a pothound right?

mikesiva 2017-11-04 08:49:42 

In reply to dayne

My feelings exactly. Ambris and keon Joseph in for Kyle and Cummins.