The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

USA Targeted ERIC WILLIAMS

Emir 2017-11-01 08:05:56 

Very interesting, but for old timers like me, we warned Eric. But I totally disagree with their assessment. Eric was not anti white, and he had no "inferiority complex" he was pro white, he adopted everything British and was very limited to alternative solutions and was quick to dismiss any philosophy outside of the British/Western mold.

Link Text

Ewart 2017-11-01 09:41:03 

In reply to Emir

I think you will find that they targeted just about all leaders of nations especially those just emerging from colonialism.

Just ask people like Lumumba, Manley (BOTH FATHER AND SON), Cheddi, Nkrumah, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, and a host of others like Peron, Allende, Arbenz, Noreiga, Ortega, Aristide, Bishop, Fidel, Jomo Kenyatta, etc, etc.

//

Halliwell 2017-11-01 10:10:40 

He was not pro white but rather Pro Trini Ruling Class
Sure he adopted stuff commonplace in British society but just adapted it

Emir 2017-11-01 10:33:27 

In reply to Halliwell

He was not pro white but rather Pro Trini Ruling Class

We agree here, the ruling class was all Christian from among Whites, Afro Saxons, Mulatoes, French Creoles and other Euro mixed races.

Sure he adopted stuff commonplace in British society

We agree.

but just adapted it

Well he tried to and he sincerely believed it will fit, but the evidence of history suggests it did not fit in many situations.

Trinidad's current westminister system, and the first past the post isn't good for Trinidad

The masses comprising followers from among the many beautiful African faiths were excluded from decison making but used by Eric to further his belief system.

Eric told me numerous times, he did not care for religion or Christianity and yet the ruling class who he believed in, were unapologetic colonial Christians.

I believed he grappled with this great contradiction throughout his life.

bravos 2017-11-01 10:40:29 

In reply to Emir

The Matrix probably knew or at least figured that,as suspicious as he was..

Emir 2017-11-01 18:54:03 

In reply to bravos

Would like to believe so.

mikesiva 2017-11-03 06:18:51 

In reply to Ewart

Exactly...the FBI report seems to be usual rubbish. The bigger news is that a US agency was spying on the leader of an independent country. Maybe we should spy on Trump, because he's a bigger danger to the rest of us, than Williams was to the US.
cool

Chrissy 2017-11-03 06:26:11 

In reply to Ewart

Precisely and now dem vex Russia targetted them lol

cricketest 2017-11-03 11:11:13 

In reply to Emir

Eric told me numerous times, he did not care for religion or Christianity and yet the ruling class who he believed in, were unapologetic colonial Christians.

I believed he grappled with this great contradiction throughout his life.

so you knew him...huh