The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Even if Bishoo start bowling the Googly....

WestDem 2017-11-01 15:14:23 

Allyuh will still find something else to cuss him about....with 100+ Test Wickets and a good average without de use of a googly...who needs one...screw allyuh and the googly! Is bare leg break, long hops, full tosses and those quicker/straighter balls and while allyuh continue to play coaches on this MB, he will get to 150 Test Wickets! lol lol lol

silver 2017-11-01 15:20:54 

In reply to WestDem

Could that be the reason why he struggles to take wickets unless the pitch is dry and the ball spinning sharply

runout 2017-11-01 15:27:53 

In reply to silver
So what excuse do the others have????

WestDem 2017-11-01 15:36:27 

In reply to silver

When you say he struggle to take wickets, what do you mean? A return of 101 wickets in 46* innings with 6 4fers, four 5fers is not acceptable by West Indian standard? Juss asking!

Series Averages! lol

Runs 2017-11-01 16:01:43 

In reply to WestDem

Shot lol

openning 2017-11-01 16:32:12 

In reply to Runs

Ian Bishop is also waiting to see the googly, so plenty people waiting.
Bishoo is a legbreak wrist spinner, stop allyuh picong and call a spade a spade.
Guyana produced one of our best spinners, we just want him to have a number of varieties in his bowling

seaegg99 2017-11-01 16:40:44 

So KB couldn't play on the offside and he was killed. He worked on that to make it less a liability. Angel was killed as all speed and no movement or control. He worked his tail off and have improved to be a strike bowler. Roach had a bad accident and loss his world class speed. He has now come back as a totally different bowler and still doing work.

Can't we ask or hope for improvement from the players now. This group of players seems to want to workout their weaknesses and become better players. Something or name brand players of the recent past had no interest in doing.

Runs 2017-11-01 16:41:09 

In reply to openning

Bishoo may just be the best of the mediocre lot. Be thankful lol

openning 2017-11-01 16:49:12 

In reply to Runs
I just don't settle for that.
I am a big KB fan, but his SR, annoys me.

WestDem 2017-11-01 17:17:29 

In reply to seaegg99

So KB couldn't play on the offside and he was killed. He worked on that to make it less a liability.

KB problem is not offside/leg side...his is SR and play at a tempo that will see more attacking strokes...Is Darren Bravo one of the recent past players or he is in the current?

seaegg99 2017-11-01 20:01:08 

In reply to WestDem

His offside game was a constant topic here. It's Test cricket whats the rush.

Still the point I was making was not KB but the improvement made by some of the players to make them better internationally. Bishoo, potentially could be a top strike bowler in the game. Bravo is a present player. Just not in the test setup at the moment.

WestDem 2017-11-01 20:33:47 

In reply to seaegg99

You are not here that often , eh?

WestDem 2017-11-01 21:26:45 

Hmmmm! Archive Queen get fcuking busy bitch! lol lol lol

runout 2017-11-01 21:55:31 

In reply to WestDem

Bro it down matter. If Bishoo take ten wickets in an innings, as long as he don't bowl the googly then he has not demonstrated his development. You get it????
I don't lol lol lol

shivnotout 2017-11-02 14:51:09 

In reply to WestDem

100+ Test Wickets and a good average without de use of a googly
lol lol

Narper 2017-11-02 14:55:34 

In reply to WestDem

Allyuh will still find something else to cuss him about

That is a known....the googly is just a bahana to cuss him...

like they cussed Shiv, Sarwan, and Deo before him

WestDem 2017-11-02 14:57:43 

In reply to Narper

Hopefully, by calling dem out fuss, the cuss will be a lot less...me ah get tiad fighting de same fight over and over again! lol

Narper 2017-11-02 16:27:17 

In reply to WestDem

Yuh notice I have put the usual suspects on IGNORE....until...

Is not googly....is brown dem can't stand...

One of dem even tell me his wifey is brown...as if that would absolve for his racist vendetta

WestDem 2017-11-02 16:29:40 

In reply to Narper

Until yuh ready to share Paarsaad? wink

jen 2017-11-02 17:19:21 

In reply to WestDem

Partner, this is why Bishoo having less success. Imagine bowling an outside of off stump length and don't have a googly. Batsmen will simply leave yo, go back to cut or line up to hit inside out.

Adil Rashid bowls a lot of googlies yet stills bowl a tighter line than Bishoo. Bishoo need to pitch most his balls on middle and leg stump. Bishoo need to see someone who can help him boost his confidence, because from what i'm seeing, he's afraid to get hit (gotta blame regional captains here for this too) and doesn't seem to be confident within himself. When yo see a leg spinner start gripping the ball across the seam, he not confident he can land it properly - across the seam grip easier to control!

TanteMerle 2017-11-02 17:28:12 

In reply to WestDem

My issue wid Bis-shoe is variety not necessarily a googly.

1. Too many short balls.
2. If he gets hits, he goes very flat.
3. He appear to be a player who lacks confidence.

Suggestions: -
1. Pretend he on a good team.
2. Vary flight, delivery position, amount of spin.
3. Perfect a basic flighted leggie (which should be a stock ball).
4. Make use of goodly.
5. Make use of flipper, slidders, whateva wunna call dem.
6. Watch videos of Warne etc.
7. Continue to work on batting, namely defense and most important..
8. Work on confidence..Not sure how to achieve this as i am not around the team.

Bis-shoe has potential to develop into a world-class bowling allrounder,
If not a total batting fielding and bowling allrounder.
He is already a very good fielder.

In all fairness, it is hard to develop the above in a Windies set-up.
but as Shai showed, with hard work, lots of physical training and
positive attitude, it is very much possible.

I wish Bis-shoe all the best.

jen 2017-11-02 19:55:14 

In reply to TanteMerle

Great post. So its not only me seeing the lack of confidence. Also, when Bishoo flights he's very dangerous. It surprises me that he's afraid to do it. Anyone remember MS Dhoni running down the track, big swing, beaten with flight and spin? That was Bishoo in 2011 - man has been a shadow of his former self.

runout 2017-11-03 06:43:36 

In reply to jen

How do you boost a player confidence???? Going from Emerging Player of the year in 2011, to dropping him for 3 years in 2012????

Then selecting him and have JHo under bowling him. Making Mikey asking if Bishoo is injured.

Bishoo, with his limitation, understands his game. And if he is cautious then it is because he has every right to be so. His skipper didn't have faith in him. And he had to prove to his team, and Wi supporters that he is still good enough. And even when he does, they say "we'll look he don't do this, he don't do that". Stupidi stuff, really.

Yeah, allyuh talk nah.

Runs 2017-11-03 09:16:23 

In reply to runout

Exactly my thoughts also cool
He was never empowered

RemainsUnknown 2017-11-03 10:21:12 

In reply to Runs, Runout, Narps, WestDem

Look, I'm starting to IGNORE the HATERS too.....

Just imagine Bishoo was the TOP wicket taker in the series @ 13 wickets | Avg 26.15

And a HATER bigging up Gabriel* as the best bowler in this series @ 5 wkts | Avg 34.40

If that's NOT insuLARR... I don't know what is.

*Gabriel has improved in his bowling and I'm happy as a West Indian supporter. I hope he continues to keep this up and get EVEN better.