The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Sammy critical of Dave Cameron, the CWI president

openning 2017-11-06 15:50:59 

Not for the first time, Sammy was critical of Dave Cameron, the CWI president, on this occasion calling him "egotistical" and accusing him of putting himself above the players.

"Although I promised I would not talk about these things anymore, but we have a president who is very egotistical," Sammy said. "I've already said before he thinks he's the face of West Indies cricket. Youngest president, going around, that's the type of things
you see.

sammy we have a president who is very egotistical

WestDem 2017-11-06 15:55:47 

In reply to openning

Sammy need to move on, he is a freelance cricketer now! Actually this got worse when he was appointed Cappo and DC just carrying on the thing that was started by Hunte. Did he complain then?

DC is looking beyond his homies to go forward!

openning 2017-11-06 15:58:39 

In reply to WestDem

Sammy maybe speaking for the T20 vets.

voiceofreason 2017-11-06 15:59:54 

In reply to WestDem

Sammy need to move on, he is a freelance cricketer now! Actually this got worse when he was appointed Cappo and DC just carrying on the thing that was started by Hunte. Did he complain then?

Maybe you need to move on from Sammy's tenure. Just saying.

buds 2017-11-06 17:03:32 

What a Dickhead..Trumpism

googley 2017-11-06 17:06:17 

In reply to openning

First that came to mind when I saw your thread was, who is Sammy kissing up to now?

then i clicked on the link....IPL!! lol lol

WestDem 2017-11-06 17:09:59 

In reply to voiceofreason

Can you call a spade a spade fuh once? Why de fcuk they all have to do these interviews with foreign media? Are we that dumb to not have this said here? Where the fcuk is POINT? lol

Drapsey 2017-11-06 17:36:42 

In reply to voiceofreason

Maybe you need to move on from Sammy's tenure. Just saying.

Maybe $ammy should move on instead of continuing to exhibit the symptoms of foot-in-mouth disease.

Kay 2017-11-06 18:38:09 

Sammy still believe as bits and pieces as he is, he got shafted...

POINT 2017-11-06 19:16:46 

In reply to WestDem

THEY HAVE TO SPEAK TO FOREIGN SPORTS

REPORTERS BECAUSE MOST OF THE FAUX

SPORTS JOURNALISTS IN THE THE REGION

ARE THE WICBC/CWI BOOT LICKERS .

This is a Freaking Fact not Fiction.

That is precisely why Cricket in the
Region has not improved . The Frauds who claim to be Sports Journalists
are deathly afraid to tell the Emperors that they aint wearing Clothes .

BTW what is the name of the Cricket
Stadium in St.Lucia ?
It sure as hell is not Dave Cameron .
People like You can make disparaging
remarks about Sammy , however YOU
cannot eliminate the fact that

DARREN SAMMY WAS THE CAPTAIN OF THE

WEST INDIES TEAM THAT WON 2

CONSECUTIVE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN

THE SHORTEST VERSION OF THE GAME .

Put that in your freaking Pipe and smoke it . You & others of your ilk
have been brainwashed into thinking
that the WICNC/CWI IS ALWAYS RIGHT .

The freaking days of that Era ended
sometime ago . Unfortunately the vestiges of that Era are still steeped in many People in the Region including YOU .

FYI , if in response you chose to be
vulgar , let me remind you that my
response will be Mutual .

Maispwi 2017-11-06 19:24:54 

In reply to WestDem

Why you calling Mr Cut n Paste

sunfish 2017-11-06 21:32:51 

I used to be a Sammy fan but his failure to understand diplomacy and his recently enlarged ego (witness the many online images of himself, friends and family which suggests 'look at me I'm soooo wonderful') has turned me off for good.

Sammy only excelled in hit-and-giggle t20 but he's convinced he's relevant and important and wonderful.

I hope he goes away soon because it's painful to watch his images and, listen to his diatribes on sites lite CrickInfo and others.

I just turn away in disgust and I'm from the Windwards.. Enough Sammy you're made yourself into an irritant.

Emir 2017-11-06 21:38:23 

Darren Sammy is brilliant, I never supported his appointment as cappo, but never did I doubt his sincerity and leadership. The proof- he eventually won over all the senior players and they have all rallied around him.

His observation on Cameron, the misfit, is spot on.

Sammy needs to be a crusader for WI cricket, taking the fight to the enemy of WI cricket- the WICBC and Cameron.

It is a fight he can win and the region will rally around him.

Emir 2017-11-06 21:40:50 

In reply to POINT

Well said.

The dumbos in this forum who see Cameron and the WICB as being on the side of WI cricket will never get it And come to think of it, they are part of the problem of what ails WI cricket.

mikesiva 2017-11-07 04:23:03 

In reply to Emir

Sammy has some very interesting things to say....

"That's the problem," Sammy said. "When it all started with the past CEO [Michael Muirhead] and (former) director of cricket Richard Pybus, he said 'West-Indies-first policy'. But you say West Indies first, but the first thing you do you cut the salaries. That doesn't work."

"You telling guys 'don't go and play elsewhere [where] they pay much better, stay at home,' but the first thing you're doing is you cut the salaries playing at home."

"I think if you tell guys you have two or three tournaments a year where you get to choose. We give you a white-ball contract or your red-ball contracts, well the retainer contracts. You come back you play home (domestic cricket). If IPL is playing, those who have the contract to play in IPL you go and play. Those not in the IPL you stay home and play."

"Then you have the Pakistan Super League, where the lesser guys tend to filter into that league. So you say 'okay, you play here, those not playing in that league you have to return.' And you make the retainer contract something attractive."

"One moment I remember in India in [2014], when I said to them [the board] I do not agree with the new MOU they signed, where you cut players' salaries by 70 percent - which they're still trying to do now - I don't agree with that. All of a sudden I became a rebel. I just stood up for what I believe and what we believed in."

Until the WICB addresses those issues, the members of the T20 side will continue to choose the domestic T20 leagues over ODI and Test cricket, and those left playing Tests and 50-overs cricket will be those not good enough to make the T20 side.

DIEHARD 2017-11-07 08:25:36 

In reply to sunfish

You're a jackass..turn away

DIEHARD 2017-11-07 08:25:58 

In reply to Drapsey

You're a jackass

positiveg 2017-11-07 08:41:06 

As as said in a thread I started not knowing this one was here, is I do feel Sammy can become an administrator of WI Cricket. He seems like he genuinely cares about the state of Cricket ( on the field and off it). If takes what I think is genuine concern to the administration of West Indies Cricket I honestly believe he can make a positive impact.

Emir 2017-11-07 08:45:47 

In reply to mikesiva

It is why I think Sammy is brilliant- he is very articulate and understands the issues and challenges from the perspective of both players and management.

Emir 2017-11-07 08:47:21 

In reply to positiveg

I do feel Sammy can become an administrator of WI Cricket.

Totally agree, but not under the current WICBC cancerous model.

We need to drive out and disband the WICBC.

Guys like Ramnarine, Sammy, Ganga and other sports administrations can take the reins.

Wally-1 2017-11-07 08:49:04 

In reply to openning
Feel like vomiting, damn hypocrite.

POINT 2017-11-07 09:43:44 

In reply to Emir

Thanks as usual for your Support . What I find very Troubling is the fact that the Faux Sports Journalists in the Region bluntly refuse to call out Cameron & the other Members of the Board .

By their freaking Silence they have
wittingly or unwittingly empowered Cameron & Co to continue with their Utter Stupidity .

In essence they have made the People
in the WICBC/CWI believe that they are Infallible . Never mind the fact that Cameron & Co continue being abysmal Stewards of Cricket in the Region .

I have absolutely no doubt that many of our Former Great Players have more knowledge & experience than Persons that are hired to be Coaches .

However , I firmly belief that the
Jokers in the governance of Cricket in the Region , have nothing but extreme Contempt for Former Players &
Current Players .

This no doubt is a Policy that was handed down to the MIMIC MEN by those
who were in the governance of West Indies Cricket , and were of a different Pigmentation .

A CLASSIC CASE OF:

" MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO ".

My perspective is that it is this
contemptible Attitude by those in the
Governance of West Indies Cricket since its inception why :

WE ARE RUNNING FAST BUT FIND

OURSELVES IN THE SAME FREAKING PLACE .

POINT 2017-11-07 09:53:18 

In reply to positiveg

I agree with your assessment , however
the Board does not want Former Players to have anything to do with Cricket .
Like the Former Members of the Board
who were of a different Pigmentation

THE CURRENT MIMIC MEN HAVE NOTHING

BUT UTTER CONTEMPT FOR CURRENT THE

PLAYERS . THIS IS AT THE HEART AND

ROOT OF WEST INDIES CRICKET .

I seriously doubt that Anyone can
provide factual evidence that what I
have stated is a Lie .

Maispwi 2017-11-07 10:03:32 

In reply to Wally-1

At least he did admit dat he was given de captaincy

Verstehen 2017-11-07 10:40:04 

Darrenath Samnarine.

I have spoken.
wink

WestDem 2017-11-07 10:49:36 

In reply to Verstehen

lol lol lol

sunfish 2017-11-07 11:18:46 

In reply to DIEHARD

He haw he haw...

Drapsey 2017-11-07 11:46:30 

In reply to DIEHARD

You're a jackass

I'll take that any day over someone calling me a donkey.

powen001 2017-11-07 13:35:34 

In reply to openning

Sammy is saying what must be said...

some ppl believe being outspoken is for MB s and CC.COM only...when at least he has some credibility to call out what most have been saying...DC is less than what is required.

Cleg 2017-11-07 14:05:41 

Right on Sammy!
If dodgy Digi Dave is the answer

....then it must have been a fucking stupid question!

buds 2017-11-07 14:10:40 

Who can forget that regrettable display of utter embarrassment when he paraded around in Hindia with a nipple bottle in his ass for the world to see..Truly an embarrassment.
Fact off Jerk!!

jacksprat 2017-11-07 14:53:40 

More power to Sammy!

I wholeheartedly agree with his opinion re Cameron & the WICB, so again, Kudos to Sammy!

A pity he only belatedly found his voice when he was no longer a kept cricketer and the WICB's darling.

Whatever egotistic behaviour allegedly displayed by Cameron and Muirhead was equally apparent with Hilaire, et al, and even more so, yet the silence from the apologists was deafening.

Who can forget him Hillaire's profiling at Lords during the 2012 tour of England?

How different is what Gayle said: ("Ah Who The People Dem Come Fih See?")

From what Sammy is now saying?

"I've already said before he thinks he's the face of West Indies cricket. Youngest president, going around, that's the type of things you see.

"But until you realize that the product is the cricketer - if you look at any sports stadium, all the chairs are facing the field. What's on the field. Not one chair facing the boxes..."

The more things change.....the more we realise that nothing has changed!!

BeatDball 2017-11-07 15:13:33 

DC has a different style in running CWI...cant say i like it, but there has been tepid progress, ent?

natty_forever 2017-11-07 15:13:52 

The more things change.....the more we realise that nothing has changed!!

natty_forever 2017-11-07 15:18:38 

Seems Dave fell but never yielded?

cricketmad 2017-11-07 16:36:28 

Sammy had no issues with the administration while he was cappo for all formats. As soon as he was stripped of the test and ODI cappoship he miraculously found his voice.

Narper 2017-11-07 16:47:26 

Better late than never..

Continue to speak out Sammy

nick2020 2017-11-08 05:29:38 

In reply to cricketmad

As soon as he was stripped of the test and ODI cappoship he miraculously found his voice.

He was stripped of those duties long before he "found his voice". He found his voice when they won the ICC World T20. When he was still cappo. When he knew his time was soon up.

But let us not be hypocrits; it is the time when we find our voice. Yuh doan tell ya boss F off until yuh find a new job lol