aliaskid13 2017-11-10 18:36:59 

In reply to Mr-Anguilla

Yup.

Emir 2017-11-10 18:55:17 

In reply to Mr-Anguilla

Fantastic bowling

voiceofreason 2017-11-10 19:31:06 

In reply to Mr-Anguilla

They were put in to bat. Context really that the Muddies folded and some of it maybe to the attritional cricket of the last day and a half while some to good bowling and poor batting. In any case Montcin should have done better with rotating the strike. Far too cautious IMO.

Maispwi 2017-11-13 10:27:19 

In reply to Mr-Anguilla

How did dey get it right? The pitch was not a minefield so scoring at less than 2 and over for 100 overs only helped to draw the game

aliaskid13 2017-11-13 12:58:43 

In reply to Maispwi

But it also showed that we have batsmen who are capable of occupying the crease for long periods of time, something that is severely lacking in the region as a whole. Yeah Hodge in particular could've done a better job of rotating the strike. But i'm not convinced that faster scoring would've given us the result we wanted. Everyone who came after them were under no pressure and could all just bat freely. For argument's sake, lets say at the stage the match ended that there was still a day left in the game, with Guyana already now in the lead and building on it. Then what? the wicket was already starting to turn into a deathtrap. I'm not happy with a draw, but I prefer it to losing, especially after dominating the match for 3 of the 4 days.

Maispwi 2017-11-13 13:23:35 

In reply to aliaskid13

Wats de point of occupying de crease if you cannot turn it into wins while puuting people to sleep in the process?

Here is a tale of two scores of 400

One team took 5 batting points and won by 10 wickets because dey scored those runs in 108 overs

The other team took 1 batting point after having less than 250 runs in 110 overs and did not have enuff time to force a win.

One team was able to put the opposition in before lunch on the first day, the other about an hour before the close of play on day 2.

End result one team ended up with 8 points the other with 22.2.

Which team you think people will want to go out and support on the field of play?

Maispwi 2017-11-13 13:28:26 

In reply to aliaskid13

By the way scoring those runs at 3 runs an over would have given you an extra 25 overs to get a result or were you afraid dat you would lose he match after scoring 400 in the first innings.

aliaskid13 2017-11-13 16:47:11 

In reply to Maispwi

The game coulda gone either way. It was a combination of things why we ended up with a draw and not an outright win. we had more than enough time to bowl them out the second time, but just...couldn't. And if we had made the same score at a faster rate giving us more time, all other things being equal, we could've found ourselves chasing a target of somewhere near 150 or so in the last session to win. I'm sure it would make for even more exciting cricket, but I want a win, not excitement. In any case, it's a learning experience. My team is looking better and better than they have in years. And we all know that when the Leewards is strong, West Indies is strong cool

tops 2017-11-13 18:43:54 

In reply to Maispwi
"Here is a tale of two scores of 400
One team took 5 batting points and won by 10 wickets because dey scored those runs in 108 overs"
EXACTLY! That's my point... The pts system is there for you to maxumize, and if you don't, that is Y u r now in 3rd place.
btw, I'm on record saying I like this LI team...but I think if they had batted better in the 1st ins they could have gotten more pts.

Narper 2017-11-13 18:55:56 

In reply to tops

Why is everyone underrating the Mudland bowlers....they gave nothing away...they bowled well...the batsmen were tied down

WestDem 2017-11-13 19:43:12 

In reply to aliaskid13

What a dumb fuck you are!

Maispwi 2017-11-13 20:12:34 

In reply to aliaskid13

I am not disputing dat de Hurricanes are playing better but if you go into a game with the mindset of playing for aq draw becaause you doh tink you can win, you will never win.

From what you are saying dere, I get de impression dat once de Jaguars got a lead of over 70 de Hurricanes were content to not have to bat again

voiceofreason 2017-11-13 21:28:19 

In reply to aliaskid13

I think Maispwi is right. We could have done better with the S/r. After beating Bim the way we did and beating this team twice last season we should have had the confidence to score more freely. Anyways next game I expect better.

We should be pushing for max points vs the Yardies. We also have a ace in our pack in Devon Thomas who know these Yard bastmen and should help us plan for them. cool

voiceofreason 2017-11-13 21:29:35 

In reply to WestDem
Relax you skunt and mind ya bizniz. Leff my boy aliaskid!

aliaskid13 2017-11-13 22:52:45 

In reply to Maispwi
Fair enough. Lets see if we learned a good lesson from this match.

In reply to voiceofreason
Hopefully Tonge will be back for the next match as well. He makes a huge difference, especially with the new ball.

In reply to WestDem
Hush yuh skunt lol