The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Strength in numbers

black 2017-11-11 08:29:13 

For years, women who dared to bring harassment or rape charges against someone, run the risk of having the script turned on them. Accusations such as, "she is a slut, she must have dressed provocatively" or "she was asking for it" were common. Now, there is strength in numbers, with women coming out to corroborate each other's stories.

This all started with accusations against Bill Cosby, his supporters (Bill's) were still throwing around the "gold diggers" accusations but this particular case, force people to start to listen and to be open to the possibility that these incidences might have occurred.

Now, women have risen in forces against perverts like Weinstein, Louis CK, Kevin Spacey and now, Justice Roy Moore.

These accusations against Moore, accomplishes two things, it exposes his hypocrisy of saying one thing and doing another and it shows that the 10 commandments he stuck in everyone's faces, were nothing but "bullshit politics".

nitro 2017-11-11 09:40:56 

In reply to black

If these accusations are true about any of these folks then I can understand you passing judgment. You calling Moore a hypocrite is a bit premature given that he has denied it and so far he has not been found guilty or made an out of court settlement with any of his accusers.

People are saying it is strange that this is just coming out now.

All the men in Hollywood who ever made a 'pass' at a woman may want to come forward now. It is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I can understand rape but what is wrong with telling a woman you want to make love to her.

black 2017-11-11 09:42:53 

This guy Moore lacks common sense, he is denying the accusations with the 14 year old but vague against accusations with the 18 year old, he was still in his thirties at the time, it still shows a willingness to go close to the legal limits.

If he is going to lie, why not deny the whole thing?

black 2017-11-11 09:49:15 

In reply to nitro

If these accusations are true about any of these folks then I can understand you passing judgment. You calling Moore a hypocrite is a bit premature given that he has denied it and so far he has not been found guilty or made an out of court settlement with any of his accusers.

I find it hard to believe that this guy cannot recall dating 18 year olds, especially, if he was in his thirties at the time.

How come you are willing to believe accusations against Hollywood stars but not against Moore?

nitro 2017-11-11 09:59:38 

In reply to black

I am not sating Moore is innocent. The Hollywood stars who deny these accusations BUT make out of court settlements I PERCEIVE to be guilty.

black 2017-11-11 10:09:35 

In reply to nitro

Did you listen to the Hannity interview? He would have been better off denying the whole thing. It totally exposes his stupidity.

embsallie 2017-11-11 10:15:20 

In reply to black

Nitro is a piece of work. Typical Repuglican behavior.

Wasn't that same Moore who defied a Supreme Court decision on Gay marriage?
His basis for argument was that it was immoral. Forget the fact that he was a judge, who would have no problem throwing the small guy on the street in jail for contempt of court.

For Republicans immorality is a one way street. Only "the other side" or the "liberal media" could be accused of such a crime.

They hide under the umbrella of Christianity, professing to be evangelical christians and these hypocrites are the nastiest moFo's around: incestuous behavior, sexual predators, pedophiles, adulterers, child molesters and sleeping with prostitutes.

I guess he (Moore) would rather have perverts screwing tender 14 and 15-year old girls (not women) than two men deciding they want to spend their lives with each other.

Again the hypocrisy. Aren't these self same Repugnants the ones who claim there is too much Government interference in People's lives?

Who are the ones telling women what to do with their bodies or whether their Insurance should pay for birth control? These paragons of virtue abhor women and women or men and men relationships all because they are the self appointed standard bearers of the truth using religion as a crutch.

DENY! DENY! DENY!..................DEFLECT!, DEFLECT! DEFLECT!

We the people (The Party of Responsibility) rather have a child molester in the senate than a Democrat.....End of Story.

These United States need a revamp of the electoral process with new and I mean new or neophyte candidates to replace ALL of those who are currently in Congress.

nitro 2017-11-11 10:15:46 

In reply to black

No, I didn't.

black 2017-11-11 10:24:48 

In reply to embsallie

Well said.

These people always accuse liberals of screwing up America but make excuses when it's one of their own. One guy even referenced the bible in justification of Moore's behavior.

embsallie 2017-11-11 10:33:53 

In reply to black

Yeah.
What Moore did is not so bad. After all Joseph was in his 30's and Mary was a teenager when he screwed the hell out of her. Forget the fact that Jesus was conceived of a VIRGIN and according to the bible it was an IMMACULATE CONCEPTION.

We are only following the Bible baby.

Hypocrisy and complicity are synonymous. You do the crime, I got you back. We will find someone else to take the fall.

Republicans like NITRO should be banned from speaking of morality or moral issues on this MB.
They are not equipped to make a case based on their Party's history.

black 2017-11-11 10:45:14 

In reply to embsallie

Yeah.
What Moore did is not so bad. After all Joseph was in his 30's and Mary was a teenager when he screwed the hell out of her. Forget the fact that Jesus was conceived of a VIRGIN and according to the bible it was an IMMACULATE CONCEPTION.

We are only following the Bible baby.

Hypocrisy and complicity are synonymous. You do the crime, I got you back. We will find someone else to take the fall.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing. This type of behavior cannot be justified.

black 2017-11-11 10:53:41 

In reply to embsallie

Moore is toxic.

Republicans in Congress are between a rock and a hard place.

embsallie 2017-11-11 10:55:58 

In reply to black

Moore should do the honorable thing and step down.
He is not contrite and still believes he did nothing wrong.

The first step to therapy is admitting you have a problem.

black 2017-11-11 11:10:33 

In reply to embsallie

The first step to therapy is admitting you have a problem.

He is not sorry he did it, he is sorry he got caught.

ProWI 2017-11-12 03:01:30 

In reply to nitro

I can understand rape but what is wrong with telling a woman you want to make love to her.

Who goes up to a woman and tells her “I want to make love to you”

Which relationship school taught you that box-in-the-face assertive move?

granite 2017-11-12 05:17:45 

In reply to black
i was once in a room with 2 mixed race girls and the lights went off,it was night time and it became very dark,the 2 girls then said lets take off his trousers,i'm sure it was a joke ,but some women may accuse men of "sexual harassment" for something like that.

black 2017-11-12 06:50:52 

In reply to granite

i was once in a room with 2 mixed race girls and the lights went off,it was night time and it became very dark,the 2 girls then said lets take off his trousers,i'm sure it was a joke ,but some women may accuse men of "sexual harassment" for something like that.

1. It would have been consensual if you agreed to it.

2. You have every right to bring harassment charges against them.

black 2017-11-12 09:26:18 

In reply to nitro

All the men in Hollywood who ever made a 'pass' at a woman may want to come forward now.

Do you think it's only about making a pass?

It is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I can understand rape but what is wrong with telling a woman you want to make love to her.

You don't get it dude, this is about powerful and influential men that can make or break a woman's career, if they don't get what they want. Several actresses have actually left Hollywood because of being faced with this predicament.

embsallie 2017-11-12 11:31:38 

It is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I can understand rape but what is wrong with telling a woman you want to make love to her.

If it is not your woman, you do not have that right. A woman coming on to you is a different story but with limitations. The age thing has to be taken into question, consensual or not.

Can you imagine a woman working in your department (who likes her job, but does not like your advances) having to deal with that kind of behavior every day because as you put it "you want to make love to her"?

That is a classic case of sexual harassment even if she doe not report it.

black 2017-11-12 16:13:19 

In reply to embsallie

Can you imagine a woman working in your department (who likes her job, but does not like your advances) having to deal with that kind of behavior every day because as you put it "you want to make love to her"?

That is a classic case of sexual harassment even if she doe not report it.

Exactly.

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-11-12 19:55:06 

In reply to nitro

No, I didn't.

is that the same as `yes, I didn't`