The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

This Is What Happens To Your Brain After You Die

sgtdjones 2017-11-13 10:13:00 

This Is What Happens To Your Brain After You Die

These experiences, known as near-death experiences (or NDEs), have been well-documented by prominent researchers like Dr. Raymond Moody for years. But there has never been hard proof that the mind continues to work after the body has died — until now.

What’s waiting for us after death

What happens after the initial feelings of peace, says Parnia, is that people often experience a bright white peaceful light that draws the person towards it. They describe the sensation of deceased relatives coming to greet them. And in many cases, those who have died describe a feeling of not wanting to return to their body.

Link Text

black 2017-11-13 11:01:48 

In reply to sgtdjones

It's not inconceivable that the brain could still be alive after the heart stops beating, but the real question is, is it functioning correctly?

It could be simple cases of hallucinations.

sgtdjones 2017-11-13 11:14:39 

In reply to black

But, according to Parnia, evidence now shows that there’s a burst of brain energy as someone dies. In fact, some of the people studied said they were aware of full conversations and seeing things that were going on around them — even after they were pronounced dead. Their accounts were then verified by the medical and nursing staff who were present at the time.

How do we account for the above?

Can't be cases of hallucinations.

black 2017-11-13 11:23:27 

In reply to sgtdjones

How do we account for the above?

Can't be cases of hallucinations.

Ok, but how come they were not having
these thoughts before they died?

Is it possible that they are in a hallucinogenic state and still be aware of conversations?

bravos 2017-11-13 11:25:49 

In reply to sgtdjones

Still Hallucinations,individual objects can be hallucinated into current surroundings you know.

The brain is looking for familiar and friendly faces to cope with the trauma,people hallucinate for less,so imagine being on the brink.

black 2017-11-13 11:36:48 

In reply to bravos

At that point, the brain is also starved of oxygen.

ray 2017-11-13 11:54:43 

I am concerned that I will be aware of my surroundings even after I dead

sgtdjones 2017-11-13 12:49:08 

In reply to bravos

And if you think it all boils down to hallucinations, Parnia says “no.”

It can’t be a hallucination, since the deceased often return, repeating to the doctors and nurses everything that has been spoken and done in the hospital or operating room.

Previously deceased patients also speak of a review that seems to take place after death, whereby, they describe feeling all the hurt and pain they inflicted on others during their life.

bravs ...the doctor explains hallucinations.

sgtdjones 2017-11-13 12:51:40 

In reply to ray

I am concerned that I will be aware of my surroundings even after I dead

In fact, those who return from the dead are much more positive, suggests Parnia. They’ve been given a second chance, so life has more meaning.

Interestingly, a common thread exists between those who have died and come back.

First and foremost, it’s the sensation that they should have done more for others, spent more time with families — generally loved more and lived better.

Basically, they wish they had lived a less self-centered life and instead had been more selfless.

sgtdjones 2017-11-13 12:52:54 

So, do you think life continues after death?

This ageless question has haunted humans since the dawn of time. But now, because of advancements in science, more and more people who die are being resuscitated or brought back to life to tell their story.