The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Jangwho? The biasness on this board is sickening

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 01:56:07 

I reading talk about potential replacements to DowPoor. Now all of a sudden I'm seeing poster touting Jangoo. I would advise the Hawk-ish touters to look at some of the other games. There is a wicket-keeper from Guyana named Bramble who is excellent with the gloves, and has managed to score some runs when batting. Maybe someone should compare all our keepers at FC level and see who has the most runs, dismissals etc. We'll see that Ramdin is up there, and then let's see who is second, third etc.

Use that as a metric for a replacement for Dowpoor.

doosra 2017-12-15 02:54:47 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Bramble is a pressure player

some of his best innings starting from the one day final last year ...i think it was

crisis man

must be close to a limiter overs call up

openning 2017-12-15 03:07:46 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Why would any selector look at someone with this kind of batting stats?
Ramdin ws dropped for his batting, now you has the nerve, to speak about a guy with over five years of regional experience scoring his first ton, and having one I/2 century per his regional season

Link Text

doosra 2017-12-15 03:17:04 

In reply to openning

that's on the increase...and what you don't see in those stats is his capacity to play under pressure...

And does it matter that he has over 400 runs this year @ 50+?

Dukes 2017-12-15 06:32:29 

In reply to Larr Pullo

You post this because Bramble just scored a century in dung heap cricket?

RAMDIN should be in the team. NO IF's,BUT's !!!!!!

Bramble would be a good understudy to Ramdin however but absolutely no doubt in my mind that Ramdin is the best wicketkeeper in the West Indies AS WELL AS the Best Batsman among the wicketkeepers!!!!!

Jumpstart 2017-12-15 07:13:12 

In reply to openning

Ramdin was the secod highest run getter on his last series in Australia including two half centuries. He was not dropped for cricketing reasons

doosra 2017-12-15 07:15:42 

In reply to Jumpstart

and he will not be picked on cricketing reasons

#storydone big grin

CricketLuva4 2017-12-15 07:19:25 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Would like to see him in the A team first, I don't remember him playing any U19 cricket for WI (correct me if I'm wrong), I doubt he's even played outside of the Caribbean.

He's a very good keeper to spin, but hasn't been tested by pace as much.

doosra 2017-12-15 07:21:46 

In reply to CricketLuva4

Keon Joseph?

Brandon Best?

and a few others

doosra 2017-12-15 07:22:35 

In reply to CricketLuva4
and he played a lot of age group

played with Keon dem

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 07:36:51 

In reply to CricketLuva4

If you already have the skills to keep to spin that's more than a start. Learning to keep to pace comes a lot easier. People like Dowpoor are poor keepers to spin because they lack fundamentals.

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 07:37:14 

In reply to Dukes

So what have you said that I haven't?

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 07:38:51 

In reply to openning

Here me good, My keeper has to be a good keeper first and foremost, If he has to bat at 11 so be it. As long as he holds the chances that come along, it's all good.

CricketLuva4 2017-12-15 07:42:21 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Agreed, keeping to pace you can get by on athleticism (until the ball starts wobbling like in England).

Bramble also the ultimate team man, he will bat anywhere in the order, think he opens in club cricket and smashes it.

Would like to see him in the A team instead of fast tracking to test, Ramdin can be fast tracked to tests only because he is a known entity.

Starzz 2017-12-15 07:54:00 

In reply to Larr Pullo

You honestly believe WICB ever going to pick back Ramdin?

Be realistic nah man!

Bramble is 27/28.... still averaging 24 or something... at regional level rolleyes

Amir Jangoo is 20... noone calling for him to replace Dowrich asap.

His name is mention because in a couple years he could be a potential replacement.

Do you want us suggest tried and failed replacements like Thomas, Fletcher & co

rolleyes

Starzz 2017-12-15 07:59:16 

In reply to Dukes

A understudy to for Ramdin or best wicketkeeper should be a youngster not someone like Bramble... look at his record at regional level.

Fact is Dowrich played a season and avg over 50 not so?

How you expect Bramble to do?

I have nothing against the man but you guys just fetching as if averaging 24 is a big deal at regional cricket....

Bramble would be a good understudy to Ramdin however but absolutely no doubt in my mind that Ramdin is the best wicketkeeper in the West Indies AS WELL AS the Best Batsman among the wicketkeepers!!!!!

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 08:14:03 

In reply to Starzz

Ai...Dowpoor needs to be replaced NOW!! There is no waiting on this...

doosra 2017-12-15 08:34:13 

In reply to CricketLuva4

that's correct. he is an opener at club level sometimes..and does smash it...

openning 2017-12-15 10:28:41 

In reply to Larr Pullo

You will be batting with a batsman short, with Bramble in the squad.
He maybe among the best Keepers in the region, but one has to be able to bat.
It better you go with Walton, if not Ramdin.

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 10:34:22 

In reply to openning

I wouldn't have a problem with Walton or Ramdin.

openning 2017-12-15 10:36:53 

In reply to Larr Pullo

So why not say, Dowrich should be drop, instead of trying to replace him with an ordinary regional batting wicketkeeper?

doosra 2017-12-15 10:37:27 

In reply to openning

Dowrich should be dropped for dropping catches...better? big grin

granite 2017-12-15 11:06:05 

In reply to Larr PulloMan fcuk you,you know only too well,even if Jangoo was way in front Bramblebush,you wudda still not want him.The same Jangoo is 20 years old and came on the scene last season and did fairly well,he is again showing good potential,if he is being touted wah wrang widdat,is awrite fuh people like you if is another Fidel Edwards,remember him,memba how he got in.

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 11:09:11 

In reply to granite

Wasn't Lara vindicated for bringing in Fidel? Remember his five on debut and the win he paced WI to? Remember him finishing with more than 150 test wickets? What does it matter HOW he got in?

Bigzinc 2017-12-15 11:45:40 

In reply to Larr Pullo

POT KETTLE BLACK..

Larr, you are a joke.

Bias from all sides.

hawk 2017-12-15 11:59:03 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Congrats to bramble on his 100, fine innings i am sure, maybe he is competent with the gloves kudos to him also, but i am 60/40 in favour of in front the stumps, i would encourage Bramble to keep pressing his claims, but he will need to iron out some serious wrinkles, his stats doesn't paint a pretty picture, so he is nowhere on my radar right now, I expect Hamilton will probably get the nod, but i consider Jangoo an exciting prospect, and i am keeping an eye on his development, if he works hard at both in front and behind the stumps, it will be very hard to deny his that spot

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 12:23:16 

In reply to hawk

Well I've watched him...he's not ready as a batsman, and as a keeper Bramble's better, and like I said earlier, I'm always leaning towards the better keeper.

runout 2017-12-15 12:38:29 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I hope you do realize that the fella is just 20 yrs old...but then he will never fit into your 'plans'....

yeah, allyuh talk nah!

razz

WestDem 2017-12-15 12:43:14 

In reply to runout

Other than Bramble having scored more runs than any wicketkeeper in this tourney to date this is what is the most important stats you need to look at?

Seeit Here! cool

runout 2017-12-15 12:57:36 

In reply to WestDem

I get you...not taing away from Bramble's performance.
He has played 44 first class matches to date. Nothing to write home about. That said, I hope his batting comes on, because the WI badly needs a keeper who can bat a bit given their brittle batting line up.

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 13:12:40 

In reply to runout

Oh I see, when I pointed out that Bramble got more dismissals than all of them and if they not going to Ramdin then Bramble has to be considered ahead of Jangoo and everyone else, yuh hinting it's a race thing. Now when WestDem set yuh straight yuh backing down.

Fcuking idiot!!

Andy99 2017-12-15 13:23:16 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I dont think seeing anyone suggesting Jangoo should be picked anytime soon but what alot of ppl are saying is that he looks to be one for the future and one who should be developed (development squads, A team). But senior teams, not anytime soon.

Bramble has finally started to perform with the bat, Hamilton was the next in line, he had numbers up but this season he went down, shame.

WestDem 2017-12-15 13:27:09 

In reply to CricketLuva4

You might have a point there but when you double up the second place keeper, you should also get praise for taking the chances coming your way...this is the second year in a row he is proving that he wants to elevate his game....Good bowling looks a lot better when you have good fielders/keepers! lol

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 13:27:41 

In reply to Andy99

Again, y'all focusing on the wrong thing. Pick your BEST gloveman. If he makes runs then that's gravy. Once he's taking catches and effecting stumpings without missing the ball then he's doing his job!

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 13:28:34 

In reply to WestDem

You see the kinda skunt yuh friend dem does talk? lol lol

WestDem 2017-12-15 13:30:34 

In reply to Larr Pullo

lol lol lol lol

Looks like run out love to elevate yuh blood pressure...Bramble mekking dem scramble....300/8...Bramble 134*

WestDem 2017-12-15 13:31:21 

In reply to Runs

Pooran get de T20 bug...he nah want to play regional cricket if it nah name CPL...

Andy99 2017-12-15 13:35:09 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I dont agree, look at good wicket keepers then pick the one who is the best batsman.

Wicket keeper should be able to bat, pick the best available.

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 13:36:58 

In reply to Andy99

That's how you'll ensure that you end up with another DowPoor. When your half assed keeper drop a Kholi or a Root when they're on five they'll always make you pay!!! And the same keeper will only give you back 25 runs.

Andy99 2017-12-15 13:40:04 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Dow isnt a good keeper, well right now and for a long time he hasn't.

There's a reason I said good keepers.

Good keepers: Hamilton, Ramdin, Bramble(going by allyuh reviews) and Walton.

Fletcher and Charles - not good.

Hope - Fairly decent, better than Dow.

openning 2017-12-15 13:50:06 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Again, y'all focusing on the wrong thing. Pick your BEST gloveman. If he makes runs then that's gravy. Once he's taking catches and effecting stumpings without missing the ball then he's doing his job!

You don't just pick your best Keeper, you pick the best Wicketkeeper/Batsman.
You seem to get so excited with this one ton, where were you thoughts on this guy, prior to yesterday?
Give us a break.

runout 2017-12-15 13:50:15 

In reply to WestDem

lol lol lol

Ranted...Pullo calling me out because I call him at his game.

He is the one who infuses hate for things Indo.

I just giving him something to think about.

Muddies meet their quota in WI team. We have one water boy in Bishoo...and one player in Hety.

Story done.

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 13:51:38 

In reply to Andy99

Hope - Fairly decent, better than Dow.

So would you let Hope keep? Why or why not?

runout 2017-12-15 13:52:08 

In reply to openning
Man, I looked at Bramble and seriously you need to ask...at 27, in our regional cricket, he ain't reach a 25 average yet....maybe with this inning he will...and that is after playing 44 F/C matches...now you tell me...

yeah. allyuh talk nah!

Andy99 2017-12-15 13:57:06 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I prefer Hope over Dow purely on wicket keeping alone.

But Hope is picked as a batsman on the Test team and he's barely making it (apart from 1 series) so he should not be keeping for Tests. Plus he is not accustomed to keeping for longer form cricket.

Pick one from the 4 I listed if good. If Hamilton had put up runs, even much less than Rammo and Bramble, then I would've gone with him but he has posted tail enders numbers in the A team and regionals so he moves nearly to the back of the line. Ramdin is the obvious option but if the blacklist him then Bramble would be next.

runout 2017-12-15 14:01:02 

At this rate you better go back to Ramdin...tading an unproven 27, for a seasoned 32.

azadtnt 2017-12-15 15:46:33 

In reply to openning

Ramdin was NOT dropped because of his batting. The truth is he was dropped because of his mouth. If he was dropped for his batting then the whole team should have been dropped. Even up to now they continue to fail!

azadtnt 2017-12-15 16:32:38 

In reply to Runs

That’s all you pal. Making vague comments without any value. When you mentioned Trini’s, tells me you are prejudice when we are speaking of WI cricket.

granite 2017-12-15 16:55:30 

In reply to Bigzinc
I would not like to see young Jangoo anywhere near the Windies team,maybe the A team.

Runs 2017-12-15 17:50:27 

In reply to azadtnt

Didn’t you say Ramdin got in trouble for his mouth? That is no secret mind you, just ask Viv lol

Dukes 2017-12-15 18:37:55 

In reply to WestDem

Actually the most important stat for a wicketkeeper is one that is not readily available.The most important stat is HOW MANY CATCHES YOU DROP!!!!!!
I am amazed at how frequently our wicketkeepers drop catches off of spinners and that is why in my opinion the two places to look for wicketkeepers are Trinidad and Guyana.Dowrich cannot keep wicket to spinners partially due to the fact that Bim is more focused on quickies. Wicketkeeping for Trinidad or Guyana means you have to stay down and take catches off the spinners.That is the test of a good wicketkeeper.

azadtnt 2017-12-15 18:56:40 

In reply to Runs

What’s your point?

hawk 2017-12-15 19:10:24 

looks like he ended up with 196 not out, that will surely help his average, on the back of this innings he is now being noticed, only took him 45 matches in five years of FC Cricket to get this one, I trust he is able to get more very soon, at 27 his window is not exactly wide open.

Runs 2017-12-15 21:51:42 

In reply to azadtnt

Quit torking nah boi lol
Let the bat speak cool

Larr Pullo 2017-12-15 23:12:58 

In reply to Dukes

Dowrich cannot keep wicket to spinners partially due to the fact that Bim is more focused on quickies.

Dowrich is an equal opportunity dropper. He does drop to both pace and spin alike!

doosra 2017-12-16 03:08:46 

In reply to Dukes

from that i'd deduce the likes of Dujon et al. would not stand a chance big grin

Larr Pullo 2017-12-16 06:40:47 

In reply to doosra

Dujon was originally picked as a batsman. There were better keepers around at the time, but because Dujon could bat better it allowed WI flexibility to balance the team. That said, spinners who he kept to would tell you that he struggled to keep to them. However since WI primarily used a 4 prong he was adequate.

If you look at his footwork in many of the videos available you'll see his movements weren't that fluid, however he made up for it with athleticism.

doosra 2017-12-16 06:50:02 

In reply to Larr Pullo

interesting analysis...

at the risk of taking this thread off course, how do you rate Milton Pydanna? Devers said MP is the best keeper he's seen for Guyana. I wonder how the others compare...

doosra 2017-12-16 07:50:18 

In reply to CricketLuva4

Tull had mighty quick hands

There was an u-19 guy Feroz Khan from Berbice...he was the fastest hands i saw at u-19 then tull

TanteMerle 2017-12-16 12:59:20 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Not true that Dujon was picked as a batsman.
Dujon was picked as a backup keeper.

Due to injuries to batsmen, he was drafted into the final 11 as a batsman.
He performed as a batsman, except for hooking
uppish.
Keeper got hurt during a test and he took over the gloves.
Keeper then went on rebel tour and Dujon kept the spot.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

TanteMerle 2017-12-16 13:08:03 

All of this talk about best keeper etc.

It's called nuances.

Tell me which keeper peeks for two days straight,
then batsmen fall like autumn leaves
so the keeper don't get rest
then the keeper scores consistently.

I'm not against Ramdum but...
Yest three good centuries this season so far.
How many overs has he kept?
Oh wait, he aint keeping, so he can concentrate on bating.

Did Dowrich make the team as a keeper?
Let me answer, hell no, as a batsman.
He was able to relax in the field,
no 1000 squats etc behind the sumps.
He was able o bat and looked easily the best batsman on the team.

Boom line, no matter who keeps,
HE WILL FAIL WITH BAT.
TOO MANY SQUATS WITH POOR BOWLING LINE UP.

WONDIES TEAM WILL FAIL AS LONG AS THE BOWLING SUCK.

Holder needs to play as a batsman, whether cappo or not.
Bring in four other bowlers.
Team will still fail cause it sicks.
But at least is provided best chances of bowling out opposition.
Less time for anyone/whoever behind the sumps.

Less time squatting = best opportunity to bat.

Now add that to your discussion.
It's called nuances nuances

Larr Pullo 2017-12-16 13:33:49 

In reply to CricketLuva4

You obviously dont know anything about Pydanna then

Larr Pullo 2017-12-16 13:38:57 

In reply to TanteMerle

This is NOT about Dowrich batting, this is about his keeping. Explain that...dropping everything...

TanteMerle 2017-12-16 13:45:16 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Easy,Ramdum should have never been dropped.

I'm sure that Dowrich would have matured as a batsman.

Dowrich should be dropped.
He should compete again as a batsman.

Solution, lets another person carry the glove.

And not Hope.
Cause whoever it is will fail.
Guaranteed.

Larr Pullo 2017-12-16 13:48:46 

In reply to TanteMerle

Ok that I agree with...

BTW ton number 5 for DS Smith.

All he could do is keep making runs...He don't have no Godfather.

TanteMerle 2017-12-16 16:49:39 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Devon is shite. Pure and simple.
He should not be allowed near a west indies team.

When he was first selected, he was good.
But somewhere along the way, he lost it.

If I had to guess, it was a lack of confidence.
Being dropped when he could have been persisted with.
Not sure, but this may have affected his confidence.

He is one of the most unlucky cricketers in his time.

THAT SAID. STAY IN DUNG HEAP.

Bigzinc 2017-12-19 15:43:33 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Larr, Duj was a very competent gloveman and took some spectacular catches off the quicks.

Stilbatn 2017-12-19 15:54:57 

In reply to Dukes

Has Ramdin kept wicket this season? confused confused

powen001 2017-12-19 16:16:11 

In reply to Dukes

RAMDIN should be in the team. NO IF's,BUT's !!!!!!

not a man move.