The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Dont see myself in a WI comeback-- Dwayne Bravo

sgtdjones 2017-12-16 09:50:06 

Don't see myself making a WI comeback - Dwayne Bravo

Dwayne Bravo says it is unlikely he will play for West Indies again, and sees his future solely in the various short-format leagues around the world.

After tearing his hamstring in Australia's Big Bash League in December 2016, the Trinidadian allrounder endured a lengthy absence from all cricket. Bravo has not played for West Indies since the T20 series against Pakistan in the preceding September, and believes his chances of a recall into the team are slim.

"I am looking at these tournaments as a chance to continue playing cricket," Bravo said. "As long as I can play cricket, I am happy. As far as internationals are concerned, I have been dropped from the West Indies team.

"I was dropped while I was fit. I don't think now, at 34, it would make any sense coming back. I just need to see what is left for me, for my fans to see Dwayne Bravo playing cricket. That is my priority."

Link Text

sgtdjones 2017-12-16 09:52:08 

"I didn't play for nine months [seven months]," Bravo said. "That is a lot. I missed the game and I have to be careful now. Playing BPL, we made it to the semi-finals. Unfortunately we didn't make it all the way through, but I am happy to be playing again."

Play where you are wanted Dwayne

Have fun

cool cool cool

XDFIX 2017-12-16 10:24:17 

Bravo, Bravo!

Thank you! New era - this is the new testament, ask Cameron!

ellisstreet 2017-12-16 11:52:28 

If he were an Aussie or an Indian or even British he would have been anxiously looking forward to red ball cricket, and the acclaim which followed.

Dwayne cannot presently 'make' WI Test team, and very soon he will be scrambling to retain T20 contracts.

LBW375 2017-12-16 15:04:03 

Dwayne Bravo and Chris Gayle gave up West Indies cricket long time.

Pure chat him ah chat

jamyard 2017-12-16 15:11:03 

In reply to LBW375
Notice that he did not say that he has retired from international cricket.

hawk 2017-12-16 15:31:54 

I am positive if he plays super50 and performs he will be considered for selection, his absence from the T20 team after the amnesty was due to his injury,

you have "officially retired from international cricket, if you are interested in representing us then dedicate some time to playing in our tourneys.