The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

What genre is Despacito

Chrissy 2018-01-28 20:25:57 

help me out!

pelon 2018-01-28 21:06:02 

In reply to Chrissy

Pop and raggaeton with a hint of cumbia roots.

birdseye 2018-01-28 21:34:07 

Man Rihanna look ratid good tonight and her performance was boss --- the Grammy has been great so far

Narper 2018-01-28 21:47:37 

In reply to birdseye

Her forehead looks bigger than ever wink

birdseye 2018-01-28 21:53:32 

In reply to Narper

Her forehead looks bigger than eve
I love how she was grabbing her pussy ---like she was taunting trump big grin

the show has been good though

Dan_De_Lyan 2018-01-28 22:14:29 

In reply to birdseye

I love how she was grabbing her pussy ---like she was taunting trump big grin

Thats ok. She kept it decent by not do the nut sack two finger roll.

birdseye 2018-01-28 22:40:34 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

I never use to pay detail attention to her - but tonight the attire she performed in did her justice – it flowed elegantly – I thought she was spectacular --- really enjoying the show – recording it for when guests stop by

imusic 2018-01-29 01:04:49 

Rihanna has come a long way with regards to stage performance.

Early in her career, she would be almost like a statue on stage. Very stiff. Tonight, she actually moved and performed some choreography.

Good on her

openning 2018-01-29 01:34:48 

In reply to pelon
Bro you seem to be hip to the Latin genre.
Reggaeton is moving into the main stream, quicker than Salsa, Menergue, Cumbia or Bachata
Angola has a beat to watch for, the dance is call Kizomba, with its own unique beat.
Dancing is my major hobby, I have a couple of good teachers.
A number of Calypso songs, are made into different latin genres.

Norm 2018-01-29 03:14:42 

In reply to Chrissy

Reggaeton and Latin pop.

The Grammy's were unashamedly anglo-centric. No award for the most popular song in the world in 2017?

More foreign language music mega-hits will follow in due course - especially from Latin America and India.

Chrissy 2018-01-29 05:31:26 

thanks all - great show.
Norm is right - Anglo-Centric as always.

Chrissy 2018-01-29 06:12:19 

By the way Damian Marley deserved best reggae album. True Chronixx had a great album also. Marley edged him out on production quality for my money.

pelon 2018-01-29 08:28:27 

In reply to openning

Bro you seem to be hip to the Latin genre.

A few years back, I had 3 different El Salvadorian families as neighbors, they (especially the women) love nothing more than dancing. Specifically Bachata nonstop. I've even seen Aventura perform a few times.

Unlike you, I can't dance... I do my best, and have no qualms on the dancefloor - but a dancer pelon is not.

My immediate neighbour then was Nigerian, they became my extended family... and we all remain very very close to this day.
Any rhythm from West Africa gets me moving.

culpepperboy 2018-01-29 09:29:32 

In reply to Chrissy

What genre is Despacito

Spanish raga soca!! cool

Chrissy 2018-01-29 10:43:54 

In reply to culpepperboy

lol lol

openning 2018-01-29 14:33:38 

In reply to pelon

Bro, dancing to me, is like sailing to you

Unlike you, I can't dance... I do my best, and have no qualms on the dancefloor - but a dancer pelon is not.

Anyone can learn to dance, it is like learning to walk or swim.
lol lol

pelon 2018-01-29 14:57:00 

In reply to openning

Anyone can learn to dance, it is like learning to walk or swim.

I agree 100%. It's not the learning how... it's the 'can you dance well'... ah born wid two left feet.

I swim better than I dance, dat is for sure... lol lol lol

How long you been dancing as a hobby?

DukeStreet 2018-01-29 16:57:40 

In reply to Chrissy

By the way Damian Marley deserved best reggae album. True Chronixx had a great album also. Marley edged him out on production quality for my money.

To be honest with you, I did not fully review Damian's album but I gotta say I am a huge Chronixx fan. I heard Damian's album is very conscious on many levels but again, I gotta listen to it. Chronixx made a big stink about the snub BUT he needs to congratulate Damian and grow da fuk up. I love de yute man but he gotta understand the Marley machine is very difficult to beat. He's still young tho.
cool

openning 2018-01-29 17:10:39 

In reply to pelon

How long you been dancing as a hobby?

As a teenager back on the block, a guy laugh some of us to dance, I dance at that time, very similar to what you see at Ousting or Q in the Community.
I married into a musical family, with two graduates from Juilliard, my daughter studied in the arts, and heard me talking about wanting to take lessons.
She persuaded me to stop talking and take lessons, so in 1997 I register with my Cuban teacher, and a few years later, I took Ballroom with Arthur Murray.
BTW, I met my second wife thru dancing, she actually asked me to dance, I excepted the invitation just to be polite. Not knowing the woman, travelled every weekend from Fort McMurray to Edmonton, to take lessons, plus she was West Indian and not Latin.
She also wanted to dance, and know she can back lead, if I was not up to scratch, the rest is history.
My wife who is close to the gold level, compete with Arthur Murray, I dance between breaks.

Chrissy 2018-01-29 17:17:55 

In reply to DukeStreet

Agree completely. I would have been happy with either one winning, but when I played the two albums side by side and even when I heard singles playing on air, what hits you with Marley is the quality of the production.

Chrissy 2018-01-29 17:18:58 

In reply to openning

Yuh really can dance man lol

pelon 2018-01-29 19:24:38 

In reply to openning

Nice! Dance is much more than hobby level for you! it seems woven in the fabric of your union.

@chrissy: do u put on dancing feet from time to time? What about at the wedding??? I confessed to my two left feet - but I would still be on the dance floor...

Chrissy 2018-01-29 19:47:59 

In reply to pelon

I'm an OK dancer - back in the day I danced a lot. Still dance for exercise. lol

powen001 2018-01-29 20:03:29 

In reply to imusic

Early in her career, she would be almost like a statue on stage. Very stiff. Tonight, she actually moved and performed some choreography.

Good on her

said same thing..very much at ease last night

Chrissy 2018-01-29 20:15:35 

In reply to powen001

She was great

openning 2018-01-29 21:06:50 

Yammie's boy stole the show, that dude can dance