The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

QUOTE OF THE DAY

RemainsUnknown 2018-01-30 13:14:10 

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Your most ferocious competition is yourself. You always lose by comparing yourself with others and chasing their version of success.
Emily K. Graham,

Senior Vice President at FleishmanHillard
_FORBES.com

RemainsUnknown 2018-01-30 13:37:46 

More on Emily....

This Senior Vice President Broke Through The Black Ceiling At Just 32 Years Old

Here are her tips on how to climb the corporate ladder and break the “black ceiling:”

Your most ferocious competition is yourself: You always lose by comparing yourself with others and chasing their version of success. Become better versions of yourself each year, keep the bar high and you’ll be successful.

Keep it real with thyself: No matter the level of success or the lure of advancement, don’t take the easy route. surround yourself with the people who love you and know you best and can bring you back to earth if you ever get too far way.

Disrupt the status quo: I’ve never been one to thrive on being too comfortable. I love to seize new challenges to learn new things and “break my brain.” I want to always be intellectually curious. I crave being sharpened and want to be a sponge. Working with different people, asking lots of questions, copious reading, taking on stretch projects and aspiring to be greater have always challenged me.

SnoopDog 2018-01-30 15:35:08 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

No, no, no. Here's the real quote of the day. lol

pelon 2018-01-30 15:44:34 

In reply to SnoopDog

Best *work philosophy* movie of all time.

SnoopDog 2018-01-30 15:50:41 

In reply to pelon

Best *work philosophy* movie of all time.

Almost every single piece of dialogue in that movie is quotable Bro. lol

RemainsUnknown 2018-01-30 16:06:52 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol lol lol lol lol lol

extended version?

SnoopDog 2018-01-30 16:14:54 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

A lot of us are Lawrence's cousin Bro. Millionaires! lol